Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

+6
zulux21
TensePsychopath
Cybersix
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
10 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 23 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Get Out is so fucking goood!!!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 23 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Koenig Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Metroid: Samus Returns is really good so far.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:28 pm

hmmm 2k has done a nice job with their switch port, it holds up decently well to the ps4 pro version

that being said the ps4 pro capture is screwed quite a bit by the youtube stuff as the ps4 video should be 4k at 60fps compared to the 30fps the switch is at (and whatever resolution as I am not sure there.)

but I mean you are also likely talking about people playing on the what 6 inch screen the switch has vs a 60 inch 4k tv so overall likely is a fair enough comparison Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:59 pm

I wonder if Digital Foundry will do a comparison between the Switch and PS4 versions.

anywho, gonna keep on procrastinating today because tired.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:15 am

I'm so behind game releases and didn't realize Metroid Samus Returns and Mario+Rabbids were already out.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:26 pm

man... it's been nearly two months and yet the new music video was still hard to watch.

zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:29 pm

zulux21 wrote:Mazer... You are mean. In my dream i started helping you on a TV comedy that you pitched to cbs and it got picked up. One it got picked up you moved in with me to be able to work more closely together but shortly after you not only stopped wanting input from me but any other writer they put on the project but despite that when the show started tanking after the initial few episodes you blamed everything in me
I would never pitch to CBS...

Oh yeah. I'm back everyone :3
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Welcome back.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:34 pm

Welcome back Maze Man. I got some good news, while you were gone, I managed to land a job that pays $11.50 an hour, Made some awesome progress on Twin Hectic Temper (right now I'm rigging up to where it has game pad support), and I got an internship at a studio.

Also, Tell us about your trip. we want to know.

P.S. do you remember what title name we settled on with the Rock paper scissor game? I can't remember
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:35 pm

-Mazer wrote:
zulux21 wrote:Mazer... You are mean. In my dream i started helping you on a TV comedy that you pitched to cbs and it got picked up. One it got picked up you moved in with me to be able to work more closely together but shortly after you not only stopped wanting input from me but any other writer they put on the project but despite that when the show started tanking after the initial few episodes you blamed everything in me
I would never pitch to CBS...

Oh yeah. I'm back everyone :3

you seriously telling me that if you were working on something and pitching it to your preferred network, but then the person in charge went... "I like this, I really do, but it doesn't fit with our network, but I know a guy over at CBS and this is exactly what he is looking for. Why don't you pitch this to them and I am sure you will be able to make it." you wouldn't do it Razz?
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Ive been really enjoying Samus returns so far, but I can't help but compare it to what I have seen of AM2R. I am honestly favoring the fan remake in a lot of regards.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Koenig wrote:Ive been really enjoying Samus returns so far, but I can't help but compare it to what I have seen of AM2R.  I am honestly favoring the fan remake in a lot of regards.

I cannot wait to get it. I am tempted to get the New 3DS for the game, but I don't really play my 3DS that much to begin with...

@ Smirky

Thanka you. That's very awesome on all accounts. I sadly cannot remember the title of the game, it has been so long :'( I'd love to test what you have so far though.

@ Zulu

That's the joke.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:49 pm

So many Youtube videos to make!

My Metroid Amiibo unboxing
My Laser Etcher rebuilt review
New streams to prep for
Need to finish my Lynx video

*curls up in the corner

Btw; I finally saw Pulp Fiction.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Just finished Metroid: Samus Returns. Overall a good game, I give a B rank for its slick gameplay and solid foundation, however it is held back in a few regards. Like one of my other friends said, It is definitely the "Force Awakens" of the Metroid series: It gets the broad strokes right, but misses some of the finer points (And also like the force awakens, it came at the cost of a potentially superior version in the form AM2R).

Pros:
-Metroid fights are very fun
-The Aegis abilities are also a great addition, although they could use a bit of refinement
-Overall slick controls
-Melee and free aim are a serviceable addition
-Decent Powerup based progression
-Moderately strong atmosphere
-It is a real fucking Metroid game; huzzah!

Cons:
- Too many standard enemies are built around the melee mechanic, which slows the pace quite a bit in narrow corridors.
- Enemies and bosses tend to rely far to much on exaggerated damage and memorization rather than reaction and skill
- The inclusion of free range transporters undermines a lot of the "Metroidvania" feel.
- With the exception of a late game twist on an old formula, not many things stood out about the remake.
-
Spoiler:
- Overall does not do much to distinguish itself from the original or to match previous remakes in the series (the post final fight stealth and comback level in Zero Mission being a prime example)
- Misses the point and fails to really capitalize on the Metroid lore nor build upon it.
I watched a bunch of videos for Am2R along side my play-though of Samus Returns; and I have to say that although I think the general gameplay of Samus Returns is better, AM2R has the better bosses, theaming, level design, and overall grasp of the Metroid series. Where Samus Returns has only a few memorable moments and only added a few things, AM2R added much more in the form of the Tower, its escape sequence, the waterworks, its connecting pipe system, and the rescue team. It also tended to do a much better job conveying subtext and being reverent to the source material.

I definitely recommend playing the game, but be warned that as a Metroid fan you might be disappointed. Eitherway, it leaps and bounds above Federation Force, but falls short of most other popular Metroid games.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:20 pm

To be fair though, the original Samus II did not really do that much for the overall lore of the franchise. That's the difference between AM2R and this one. The latter works on building a new experience with the same game from a fan's point of view which is the focus of story and new concepts whereas the Nintendo one is a remake with new bells and whistles.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Mostly true, but that did not stop the last remake in the series to expand on the lore and add a very potent emotional subtext to the last level of the game. I don't want to be too harsh on Samus Returns for not capitalizing on the shear potential, but it is disappointing. I will however harshly rail it for one of my biggest gripes comes at the end of the game. I don't wish to spoil, but Samus Returns really fucks up two of the few of the most important moments of Metroid 2.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:19 pm

JANKEN JAMMERS!!! that was it.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:48 pm

That's right! LOL

@ Koenig

Which other remake are you talking about? Zero?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 pm

-Mazer wrote:That's right! LOL

@ Koenig

Which other remake are you talking about? Zero?
Yes. (although I think it is the only other official remake)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Well, minus the 2nd mission, wasn't the game primarily just a 100% remake with save stations and maps? No real changes to story or anything correct? (*has no played it in ages*)
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:42 pm

*still hasn't seen pulp fiction*
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 pm

-Mazer wrote:Well, minus the 2nd mission, wasn't the game primarily just a 100% remake with save stations and maps? No real changes to story or anything correct? (*has no played it in ages*)
Mostly, although it does have a pretty drastic change at the end of the game that completely ruins the emotional poignancy of the original and does not make cannonical sense in relation to its own Sequel (Super Metroid). I still think its a good game, but it is deeply flawed and fails to capture the spirit of the original. AM2R by comparison is the Superior "Metroid" game, even though it has choppier gameplay and no official backing; it makes me sad that that is the case, (and by extension that Nintendo in their typical over protective nature snuffed it out).

Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:47 am

Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:29 am

Digital Foundry did a comparison for Doom on switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxDKgqBWXA&feature=youtu.be
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:42 pm

Can any you guys help me out with this issue I'm having with clickteam?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next