Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

+6
zulux21
TensePsychopath
Cybersix
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
10 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 29 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:13 pm

Happy birthday Smirky!

zulux21 wrote:I have a feeling that zelda isn't going to get that many GOTY awards this year.

[youtube]g4xW9aCg2zY[youtube]

I think that game is going to beat it up Razz

I mean still good for nintendo either way.

I wonder how many wiiu the combo of the two would have sold if the wiiu had done better and both games had released on the wiiu as no doubt mario was also in development for the wiiu and then got moved to the switch.
I hope Zelda doesn't get any GOTY awards though I feel it'll probably get the majority of them.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 29 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:33 pm

And why do you not want zelda to get ANY GOTY? Tell us. I want it double spaced. 500 word min.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:54 pm

I made a thread a while back that contains answers to that question. On the whole, the game's excessively aggressive apathy is its greatest fault but also the thing that provides what everyone has fallen in love with.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 pm

But how does that one - in your eyes - flaw, justify denying it all and every award? You cannot deny how well done the game is as a whole, esp to the TLOZ franchise. To this day people are discovering new tricks and workarounds.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:16 pm

-Mazer wrote:But how does that one - in your eyes - flaw, justify denying it all and every award? You cannot deny how well done the game is as a whole, esp to the TLOZ franchise. To this day people are discovering new tricks and workarounds.
That's only one of its flaws but it's certainly its biggest. It's a large flaw at the core heart of the game with effects that can be felt throughout every nook and cranny, poisoning the entire package. It's a huge part of the reason why I found BOTW to be the most disappointing zelda I've ever played. The thread's still there with a big wall of text if you wanna give it a look-see, I think I summed up most of my issues in there, though I likely forgot somethings. I've beaten the game twice and, outside of the 2nd dlc pack which I'm hoping corrects all the issues that plague the base game, will likely never touch it again.

It's a big open world that doesn't push any boundaries and is completely outdone by The witcher 3 from 2015. The only genuinely new thing BOTW offers is that you can climb 95% of the world IF it's not raining (maybe horse-taming as well?). Excluding that, it's nothing new or exciting unless you play only nintendo games and absolutely nothing else. The game is well made and polished, though parry/dodging could use a bit of tightening up, and everything good about it kinda just ends there. It's hard to care about a game that doesn't and goes completely out of its way to rub in your face how much it doesn't care and how nothing matters. It's Nintendo's Skyrim, for better or worse.

There is one thing I actually like about BOTW, though, and that's the horse-taming. I hope they keep it for the next game.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Games don't need to push boundaries or even constantly implement new and improved concepts. As long as they are done well and in a fun manner that is what matters.

Furthermore, I Cannot honestly believe you consider BOWT the most disappointing considering how Skyward Sword (the one I couldn't even play past the first 3 hours) is nothing but a massive tutorial that treats players as if they had never picked up a game before in their lives.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Skyward Sword has crap tons of flaws, probably just as many as BOTW, but the game world and characters actually gave a shit about their surroundings which is something BOTW does not have in any capacity. Plus, the story to SS is actually enjoyable whereas BOTW's had potential but is literally cockblocked by the game's design at every single turn making it a frustrating, unconnected mess.

What Nintendo needed to do was meet somewhere in between but instead went from one extreme to the other. BOTW has very few tutorials which is great but then the rest of the game design is terrible. SS is bogged down by padding and hours of exhausting tutorial and constant badgering and leading by the nose which is horrific, but everything else is great. Skyward I come back to every once in a while because the gameplay, dungeons, and story are great. BOTW has absolutely nothing of value to come back to.

edit: I mean, shit, the great plateau is kind of a big red flag. There is absolutely no sense of urgency or drive to do much of anything. When the only exciting parts of your game are flashback cutscenes then you probably did something wrong.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:51 pm

That, I guess, is the difference between us. I cannot tolerate SS whatsoever. The constant hand holding makes it so the game is virtually unplayable for me.

BOTW let's me do what I want, when I want, how I want. That's how I prefer to play modern Zeldas since I got Link to the Past 2. I like being able to go whereever, fight whatever, do whatever when I feel like it. And like we talked about, I actually felt like Ganon, for once, actually felt like this ancient evil. This powerhouse of true horror.

So the game's story wasn't as obvious like the others, but it let a lot to interpretation. The lore you can discover and how it links (HA) all the other games - the fact that Ganon is literally a plague now, how we actually see Ganon DESTROY hyrule for once both in evidence in the world and evidence in flashbacks...

I mean, this is "empty" because 99% of the world has been wiped out by Ganon but we can still look around and discover lore, stories, diaries, etc that fill the gap. If you put the effort into it.

I prefer that than constantly being shoveled in my face constantly.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 pm

The issue with the story isn't that it wasn't explained, it's that the game didn't give a shit about it and shrugged off the fact that it even had one, to begin with. Being able to go anywhere and do whatever is nice but the way the game presents itself there is no reason to do anything at all ever. A Link Between Worlds was an answered prayer after skyward but it had a sense of urgency, a sense that things actually mattered to the game world and its characters. BOTW goes to such an alarming extreme that it completely throws all of that out in favor of a do-nothing gain nothing experience. There's something in there that had the potential to be one of the best storylines in the series but the game is too focused on not giving a shit so everyone can have that freedom that the game is praised for which ultimately amounts to a game that I spent more time bored out of my mind with than actually engaged. You are right in that there are bits of lore that are interesting but that alone isn't enough.

It needs structure and a sense of progression. Having characters that actually care about Link going out of his way to help them would have gone a long way to alleviate a lot of what I despise about BOTW. Instead, it's presented literally through npc dialogue that no one cares and nothing matters. No one seems to actually care that Ganon is still at the castle or that monsters roam around freely and, for that matter, the game world doesn't even seem to be in a rough place as everything is presented as fine and happy-go-lucky outside of tiny few places similarly to Skyward which, according to the game's own prologue, should've been a war-torn wasteland but was instead too cute even for disney land. I just... I hate how the game stagnates from the moment you step onto the great plateau all the way up to the credits roll.

There's a handful of things I liked here but they are completely overshadowed by the game's many flaws (a majority of which stem from the game's aggressively apathetic design). There is a good foundation here but it needs a lot of work. It needs structure, world changes tied to dungeon completion. progression, urgency. Something to make it feel like a Zelda game and not a pointless, meandering, generic sandbox about nothing. ALTTP and ALBW both found a balance between these things, so there's evidence that they can do it again. With any luck, the next game may be closer to what ALTTP is rather than this but I'm a bit less excited now.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:29 am

BoTW is not a flawless game (I certainly have many gripes with it), but it is certainly worthy of several GoTY awards. Just cause you have a beef with it does not mean that the rest of the gaming community had the same problems with it as you.

@Mazer When do you think you will be able to start Hero Academia? I really am looking forward to seeing your thoughts/reactions on it. *Is excited*
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Also Hype:

Two more days.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Koenig wrote:BoTW is not a flawless game (I certainly have many gripes with it), but it is certainly worthy of several GoTY awards.  Just cause you have a beef with it does not mean that the rest of the gaming community had the same problems with it as you.  

@Mazer When do you think you will be able to start Hero Academia?  I really am looking forward to seeing your thoughts/reactions on it.  *Is excited*
I'm aware of that. I'm fully expecting it to win the overwhelming majority of GOTY awards.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Where can I find Hero, Koenig?

Also...I've kinda been down lately...a lot down actually Sad
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Did not get my promotion...

+3 to sadness :\
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:31 am

-Mazer wrote:And why do you not want zelda to get ANY GOTY? Tell us. I want it double spaced. 500 word min.

because BOTY just isn't a good game. so boring.... so unfun. would only be on a most disappointing game list for me, no where near any goty reward.... but that won't stop others Razz

I haven't been so disappointed with a game since halo 3.

I am still sad that the main zelda franchise is pretty much dead to me until they decide to change it up again. though maybe i will get lucky and they will go more in a majoras mask or wind waker route to Oot instead of making twilight princess right away Razz

Oh well, at least the mainline mario game looks fun again and not just another subpar galaxy game. though while I didn't find the galaxy games to be great, at least they were overall playable unlike breath of the wild.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:21 am

-Mazer wrote:Where can I find Hero, Koenig?

Also...I've kinda been down lately...a lot down actually Sad
I know Crunchyrole and Funimation have it, although I use kissanime to watch it.

*Gives Mazer hug for + 2 happiness*
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 pm

You guys are so harsh.

*huggies Koenig*

Also: Happy Friday the 13th everyone! Today we'll be celebrating by streaming....

SHADOWGATE! The classic point and click puzzle game redone with amazing graphics and sound.

https://www.twitch.tv/videowolff
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:25 pm

-Mazer wrote:You guys are so harsh.

*huggies Koenig*

Also: Happy Friday the 13th everyone! Today we'll be celebrating by streaming....

SHADOWGATE! The classic point and click puzzle game redone with amazing graphics and sound.

https://www.twitch.tv/videowolff

I mean, it would be weird if I wasn't harsh for a game I consider to be like a 4/10 game Razz

as for my hero... if you don't mind dubs watch the dub for that one. it's all out (or will be by the time you get to the last episode) and well done. even my friend who hates dubs admits that all might is just outright better in english because Chris Sabot (voice of vegeta and many others) nails the super hero voice so well.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 pm

I am not so sure if Twitch is doing me any good......I may revert back to Youtube for a short time....

I dunno
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:33 pm

You talking viewer count or a different matter?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:24 pm

yeah, viewer count. Only had 3 of you guys and that was about an hour + in when ya'll showed up
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 pm

I keep missing your streams Sad

Also:  HELLSING IS OUT!

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 29 Watch?v=DQG2Ma4sedk
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:54 pm

To be fair, I'm generally at work when you stream on Fridays.

Beyond that, it might be the games you've been playing lately being relatively niche. From what I understand, the peoples on twitch generally flock to competitive stuff like MOBAs, shooters, and fighters along with new releases or whatever is trending in general. I'm pretty sure if you were to stream Wolfenstein 2 day one you'd get a good amount of viewers. Also, seeing as it's October, maybe some Resident Evil streams are in order?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Resident Evil 7 will be on the last sunday of the month Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:41 am

LegendX48 wrote:To be fair, I'm generally at work when you stream on Fridays.

Beyond that, it might be the games you've been playing lately being relatively niche. From what I understand, the peoples on twitch generally flock to competitive stuff like MOBAs, shooters, and fighters along with new releases or whatever is trending in general. I'm pretty sure if you were to stream Wolfenstein 2 day one you'd get a good amount of viewers. Also, seeing as it's October, maybe some Resident Evil streams are in order?

as for me mazer... it's not you, I just don't watch streams of people playing games in general. just not my thing.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next