Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!!

+7
ColumbianLoom
robbi86
Lux
Squirrel500
-Mazer
smirkytrick
Cybersix
11 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!!

Post by Lux Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Gadgetlatebdaypic
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!!

Post by robbi86 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:10 am

Lux wrote:Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Gadgetlatebdaypic
Pretty good, aside that the feet look a little small compared to the rest of her body.
robbi86
robbi86

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:51 am

robbi86 wrote:
Lux wrote:Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Gadgetlatebdaypic
Pretty good, aside that the feet look a little small compared to the rest of her body.
I did that part in a car. I suppose I should have fixed it...
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Glilambe
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:54 pm

such an angry lil creature O.o
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm

-Mazer wrote:such an angry lil creature O.o
You wouldn't be too happy either being a slave to a fatcat in the walls of a kingdom who is a pompous asshole who would have a man killed for stealing a single gold or two from him.
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by robbi86 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:36 am

Some environment drawings i did when i was bored, sorry for the lack of quality for some reason my hand was shaking uncontrollably.
Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 KY2exk4
Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 B4r47uC
Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 XtRkUsr

A gun that i drew
Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 JfLqh02
robbi86
robbi86

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:52 pm

I remade that angry looking girl in a style that is less dynamic, but I'm more comfortable with.
Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 0e45804794ee20755fdc89fc871feb36
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:56 pm

LUXY IS BACK!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:49 pm

NSFW sketch:
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:42 am

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Tumblr_moq2chZ6GQ1r7lqdfo1_1280 Snakeysnakesnakegirl.
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 am

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Tumblr_mp3bufyOXb1r7lqdfo1_1280

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Tumblr_mp3bufyOXb1r7lqdfo2_1280

Have a before and after. Gap between these two: Four years.
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:40 am

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 42bde4db326126b718c6bcc379bb9869
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Hwh9

Am I seriously the only one who draws anymore?
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Lux wrote:Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Hwh9

Am I seriously the only one who draws anymore?
No, I had two new images I did on Colors! 3D

I guess I should post them here....

LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:54 pm

LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:20 pm

History

When I was but a wee lad, I would peruse the local BlockBuster’s horror section. I would never rent one of these movies but look at the covers and the pictures on the back. Seeing some of the carnage that the distributors showcased upon the backs of these old VHS tapes was enough to give me nightmares. I remember vividly seeing some of the mutilated corpses and reanimated bodies on the back of the Hellraiser series. Those images were burned into my young mind and haunted me when the lights turned off.

There was on movie whose cover always bothered me. It was for a movie called HOUSE and it showed a floating severed hand ringing a doorbell. The tagline was “Ding Dong You’re Dead,” and the hand was given a really ghastly appearance. It was all rotted out with its veins and arteries poking out from its open wound. HOUSE would be forever one of those movies I would always see on the shelf but never on television.

Finally, two years ago (and twenty plus years later), I found HOUSE on Netflix. Eager to finally watch this movie, I pushed Play. What I was given was a low-budget horror movie that was more comedy than it was horror. The special effects were atrocious (albeit the monster in the closet was awesome), the story nonsensical, the characters complete parodies of themselves, and to sum it all up; the main character climbs through a mirror and ends up in Vietnam. What the hell?

I won’t lie when I say that I wasn’t a bit disappointed that the movie wasn’t scary. For my entire childhood I had this film pictured in the back of my mind as some kind of horror masterpiece. The cover art just sold it for me. Only to find out that it is not really a horror movie at all but a horror comedy. As the movie progressed, my disappointment turned into child-like joy. It was hilarious. It reminded me a lot of Evil Dead 2 with its nonsense and while it was corny, it was that special kind of corn that just melts in your mouth. I fell in love with HOUSE and it became one of my favorite films in the horror comedy genre.

So last week I sat down to watch HOUSE II. Does the sequel live up to the awesome standards of the first movie or does it try too hard and forget the horror aspect of being a horror comedy?

Story

The story of HOUSE II revolves around a man named Jesse who has inherited a house that has been in his family for generations. Soon after he and his girlfriend Kate move in, they are joined by his crazy drunkard of a friend named Charlie and Charlie’s “rising star” girlfriend, Lana. While in the House, Jesse discovers that he is related to a cowboy felon who stole a sacred crystal skull from Central America. Determined to discover the whereabouts of the skull, Jesse and Charlie dig up Jesse’s great-great-grandfather’s grave.

What happens next is a zany adventure between Charlie, Jessie, and Jessie’s undead grandfather, “Gramps”. They must work together to protect the skull as Jessie’s House becomes a gateway to other time periods and alternate universes. What’s worse is the fact that Gramps is being hunted down by the zombified remains of his deceased cowboy partner named Razor.

Can they keep the sacred skull safe or will the House become a gateway for all Hell to break loose?

Review

Good lord, how do you review this movie? Well, first of all let me say that I could not believe that this film was made. Unlike the first movie (which at the time I had thought it to being just a so-bad-its-good horror film), this one has not one iota of tension or attempts at fear. In fact, it wasn’t until halfway through the film when I realized that this movie wasn’t trying to be serious at all. It was only then that I began to appreciate it.

However, just because I enjoyed the tongue-in-cheek humor of the movie doesn’t mean it is without flaws. The pacing was a bit awkward in the beginning. At first I had no idea who Charlie was. I kept thinking that Charlie was Jessie’s brother or Kat’s brother, or their cousin, or something. I don’t really know when I realized that Charlie was Jesse’s best friend because they never spend time on showcasing their actual relationship. Charlie literally just shows up and the movie continues on.

The girls were useless characters as well. Lana didn’t serve any purpose in the movie except to look good in a tight white shirt minus a bra (me-ow!). I guess one could argue that because of Lana, we are introduced to Kat’s meddling partner (played by Bill Maher of all people) but that is a stretch.

I guess the biggest issue is the fact that there is no proper pacing within the movie. We see some blond woman hitting on Jesse during a Halloween party but never really learn who she is. Was she a friend, ex girlfriend, a fling he had once? She literally seems to show up just to cause a rift between Jesse and Kat. After the party, we never see her again.

Other than the pacing and the lack of any real character relationship (other than that between Jesse and Gramps, and later Charlie once he begins to be utilized properly), the movie was rather entertaining. It’s one of those parody-style movies where nothing is supposed to really make sense and sometimes the characters are even self-aware of the situations they are in.

We get some pretty decent stop-motion animation during one part of the movie there are plenty of WTF and OMG moments in terms of what exactly we are witnessing.

HOUSE II is not as charming as the first one nor is it as entertaining but it is something that can be enjoyed if you don’t take your movies too seriously. It has funny moments and you’ll be shocked at who else makes an appearance (Hint: One is in Pixar movies and the other voices the Cave of Wonders in Aladdin). All in all, it was entertaining and was a good waste of an hour an a half. While I will recommend HOUSE 1 over this one any day, I do not regret seeing HOUSE II whatsoever.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:36 am

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Tumblr_mqxgdmXMiA1r7lqdfo1_1280
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Lookin good, Luxy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Good lord this came out HORRIBLE

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 23kwu4i
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:11 pm

TERA corp. logo from Dead_Legend

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Qryj39

Dead_Legend OST Album Art WIP

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 2jaksvc

random sketch from June that I can't recall if I posted

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 2guimgk

edit.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:47 am

I don't remember doing this but w/e

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 12331ch
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:32 pm

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Tumblr_mrb4eksBdy1r7lqdfo1_1280
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:34 pm

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Tumblr_mrb3ttMAxd1r7lqdfo1_1280

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 2b29c89fc73bb734520c144864be6c9b

Creative Works Thread: DRAW THROUGH THE PAIN!! - Page 3 Tumblr_msc173p97M1r7lqdfo1_1280
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:04 pm

Raven all day, every day
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next