Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

+10
Koenig
LegendX48
Justin
Cybersix
Lunacy
smirkytrick
Bearhugger29
Squirrel500
ColumbianLoom
-Mazer
14 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 19 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu May 01, 2014 9:15 pm

LegendX48 wrote:dat child of light, the difficulty picks up like nobodies business and everyone hits hard as fuck. Gotta grind.

So you're liking it so far?

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:So dead space is mostly "This is broken, go fix it. This thing broke also, go fix it. Hey that thing broke now, fix it. Fix fix fix fix"

should be called Fix it Space
Shut your whore mouth!

Spoiler:

Legend speaks the truth!

Darth Luna wrote:
Spoiler:
Dem heels

You're character looks badass.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 19 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by LegendX48 Thu May 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Child Of Light copy/pasta from GT post:

Not sure how far in I am but there's been some tough fights so far and even a random (I guess you could say hidden) boss. That and Everyone hits like a goddamned dump truck.

not copy/pasta:

I'm really digging it but lord, everyone hits so fucking hard @_@ basic bare bones attacks from enemies take like 47 hp. The game seems incredibly skewed toward magic yet everyone has very minuscule mana pools and you could basically blow your entire load on a single fight and have a hell of a time replenishing it outside of combat. Aurora's physical attack (Slash) is the only physical attack worth a damn so far (arguably the first party member you get is stronger but said member makes for a far better healer than fighter) and, unless you have a elemental gem attached that whoever getting smacked is resistant to, she only does about 37 points worth of damage AFTER you buff yourself (iirc). I honestly am kinda sad that it leans more toward magic use as I prefer melee. There is no in-game currency of any kind so the only way to find potions is by exploring which, although lame as hell, hasn't actually proved to hurt, at least not yet (note: I'm not saying that exploring is lame I'm saying that I don't like how there aren't any dedicated shops to grab potions from). I think there are side quests and it's kind of odd how they're in your inventory rather than in a questlog but w/e.

Been playing the game on Hard as everyone has said it's a cakewalk otherwise. So far it's pretty great and rather melancholic (dat opening, dat scene after you fight the boss that the demo ends with...). The only thing I genuinely do not like is that Aurora's model doesn't look like her artwork much and, honestly, comes off as a tad ugly. That and she is the ONLY 3D model whereas everything and everyone else is 2D which can be kind of odd.

So yeah, great game.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu May 01, 2014 9:52 pm

-Mazer wrote:smirky; what is base camping?
Sorry for the late response, Base camping is a technique that requires an engineer. He'll set up a sentry, a teleporter, and a dispenser in a certain area (which then becomes a base).

Also, been playing Elysian Tails... OH MY GOD IT'S FUCKING GOOD!!! And I absolutely just adore Fidget.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu May 01, 2014 9:57 pm

Also, I have an idea about our thread auto deletion problem. We have many dead end threads, for example there's another GEN chat XXXVIII. I say we put it to a vote on what old threads get deleted, starting with the previous gen chats.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 01, 2014 10:09 pm

How's this. I'll do a nice complete wipe of the threads to start clean minus some of the stickies ^-^

And, ah...but isn't that a good thing? (Tf2)

@ Legend

sounds tedious and frustrating .
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu May 01, 2014 10:19 pm

That was at low level, now physical attacks do about 60 points of damage with buffs. Anywho, I think there's something up with the engine or renderer or w/e it is. Aurora isn't the only 3D model now that I've gotten further and I'm thinking there's a reason for that.

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 19 AC859C991B1E184544D7699DFA5204A3E9E6A91E

see what I mean? Something screwy there, 2nd time this happened.

edit: and mazer, I was exaggerating a tad. Everyone hits like a dump truck, that much is true, but your party can/does as well. The 2nd party member you get has crazy magic damage. And, of course, I did say I was playing on hard mode after all :p

Last edited by LegendX48 on Thu May 01, 2014 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu May 01, 2014 10:23 pm

-Mazer wrote:How's this. I'll do a nice complete wipe of the threads to start clean minus some of the stickies ^-^
That sounds good, just make sure you delete the right ones.

Mazer wrote:And, ah...but isn't that a good thing? (Tf2)
Depends on how it's used. If it's used to spawn camp, that is frowned upon. Anywhere else is legitimate strategy.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 01, 2014 10:32 pm

meh. I dun wanna play games on hard mode just to "enjoy it." I've done that with very very few games but most of the time its not worth it.

Goldeneye for the Wii is the only one I actually enjoyed the hard mode for.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Thu May 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Mazer have you tried playing Lolipop Chainsaw on Hard mode it's surprisingly easy
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu May 01, 2014 11:02 pm

I really wish the game did NOT have auto saving though, think I just fucked up my game Really?

edit: Rebooting the game made the box go back to its default position, YES!!!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 01, 2014 11:18 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
Sorry for the late response, Base camping is a technique that requires an engineer. He'll set up a sentry, a teleporter, and a dispenser in a certain area (which then becomes a base).

Also, been playing Elysian Tails... OH MY GOD IT'S FUCKING GOOD!!! And I absolutely just adore Fidget.

If I still had my Dust card, I'd trade you suffin...

what cards did you get so far? Also; don't do what I did - level up fidget as much as everything else. She is in control of your level cap.

I have to grind like crap now to get to the level I am supposed to be for the last chapter :'(
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu May 01, 2014 11:44 pm

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:

what cards did you get so far? Also; don't do what I did - level up fidget as much as everything else. She is in control of your level cap.

I have to grind like crap now to get to the level I am supposed to be for the last chapter :'(

No cards, actually it was free with gold on the 360
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu May 01, 2014 11:51 pm

Maybe I should play it too, I downloaded it then turned off my 360.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu May 01, 2014 11:58 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 19 35I9BS5
:3
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochi Fri May 02, 2014 12:06 am

-Mazer wrote:
and what do YOU have to trade? HMMMM?

Stuff? I have a decent number of cards and odds and ends

Darth Luna wrote:
Hmm, what's the point of leveling up the badge? Also, is that the best reward, the possibility of getting coupons?

Crafting any badge nets you another set of rewards, and having a higher level badge gives more xp and there are leader boards and so on for that sort of thing

-Mazer wrote:

I guess...I just scored 75% off Portal 2 however...that's a good steal

Ah congrats

Darth Luna wrote:Coupons for Valve games would be useless to me, since I already own almost all of them and even then, outside of Half Life, I don't really care for the other series.

It's more than just valve games, as I've gotten coupons for other games as well

Ochi
Ochi

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri May 02, 2014 12:19 am

smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:

ah. Got the 360 version. I didn't even know if they had it for the 360. Where are you at so far?

Cybersix wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:
Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 19 35I9BS5
:3

All hail Fidget!!!

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 19 Fidget_cookie_by_teaselbone-d5c7dro

Ochi wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

Darth Luna wrote:
Hmm, what's the point of leveling up the badge? Also, is that the best reward, the possibility of getting coupons?

Crafting any badge nets you another set of rewards, and having a higher level badge gives more xp and there are leader boards and so on for that sort of thing

-Mazer wrote:

I guess...I just scored 75% off Portal 2 however...that's a good steal

Ah congrats

Darth Luna wrote:Coupons for Valve games would be useless to me, since I already own almost all of them and even then, outside of Half Life, I don't really care for the other series.

It's more than just valve games, as I've gotten coupons for other games as well

Have any dups you'd like to give me as my buddy? ;3
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Fri May 02, 2014 12:28 am

@Legend

Awww dude! It sounds like a lot of fun! I'll download it, but probably won't play it till I get out of college (which is in 2 weeks or so).
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri May 02, 2014 12:29 am

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:

ah. Got the 360 version. I didn't even know if they had it for the 360. Where are you at so far?
I just got done with Mudpot, and I am currently doing side missions.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri May 02, 2014 12:32 am

dear lord....Okay the front page is one BIG ass mess XD

threads from 2013 are now on the front page after I cleared up a shyt ton of useless stuff.

Squirrel; I left your story threads so you can quickly save anything you need from them but I will delete them eventually so heads up.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri May 02, 2014 12:36 am

Finally made it to Gen Chat 6 Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri May 02, 2014 12:42 am

?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri May 02, 2014 1:01 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:@Legend

Awww dude! It sounds like a lot of fun! I'll download it, but probably won't play it till I get out of college (which is in 2 weeks or so).
there should be a demo on the psn store I think, if there is give it a shot.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochi Fri May 02, 2014 1:03 am

-Mazer wrote:
Ochi wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

hmmm...

*peeks at mazer's inventory*

I don't suppose you want two more pixel piracy coupons  Very Happy 
Ochi
Ochi

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Fri May 02, 2014 1:10 am

LegendX48 wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:@Legend

there should be a demo on the psn store I think, if there is give it a shot.

Alright sounds good!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri May 02, 2014 2:07 am

Ochi wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
Ochi wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

hmmm...

*peeks at mazer's inventory*

I don't suppose you want two more pixel piracy coupons  Very Happy 

ew no lol

------------------------------------------------------------

I am working to organize our forum better. I have a separate forum for all creativity posts. I am tempted to make one strictly for Media discussions - movies, tv, and video-games. What does everyone think?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next