Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

+10
Koenig
LegendX48
Justin
Cybersix
Lunacy
smirkytrick
Bearhugger29
Squirrel500
ColumbianLoom
-Mazer
14 posters

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 11 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:28 pm

Nintendo is not doing a conference this year...Again...
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 11 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Which is BAD. BAD BAD BAD! They need a conference. Esp if they showcase the new Zelda.

*looks at Child of Light* It...seems very bland in terms of the kombat
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:41 pm

Agreed. While I do really hope they do more videos like the one I posted above, the fact remains that they NEED to have a proper conference if they want to generate any positive buzz about their products.

*I still think they should have released the trailer for the new Zelda during the super bowl*
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:41 pm

They don't need to do a live press conference. There giving what Gamers want to see not the mass media who always throw stupid negative feedback in there direction. So I'm glad there not doing a press conference again.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:48 pm

E3 is a media event though, Nintendo should take advantage of that. They should make use of any resource available to them.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:54 pm

Exactly, E3 is essentially a huge platform to advertise. Something we all agree Nintendo has been lagging far behind Sony and MS to do.

From a gaming fan point of view, though, Press Conferences no longer really interest me. They're self satisfying wank fests that tend to just disappoint me(there's a lewd joke someone in here that I'm not aware of yet).

MS needs to provide answers and reassurances to fans that they aren't completely fucked and that they'll do better. Nintendo just needs to show themselves, period.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:59 pm

Nintendo needs to recreate the atmosphere from 2004.

Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:07 pm

Koenig wrote:E3 is a media event though,  Nintendo should take advantage of that.  They should make use of any resource available to them.

Yet they still do with all the mass media. The thing is as to why I like them not doing a conference anymore. Is because they can do there own Nintendo Direct on there time and make how long as they want. They don't need to worry about Time restraints or anything along those lines. Lets not forget of course as I said about the media. No matter what Nintendo does, they will end up being the main highlight. Cause everyone in the media wants to know how Nintendo is going to bounce back. Watch over the next few weeks, you will see what I mean.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Plus giving the gamers a chance to play the games before the media does is an awesome thing that Nintendo can do. FUCK the mass media, there opinions on stuff as most would believe actually matter but keep in mind that everyone opinion is bias.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Nintendo directs are a great way to release information, but they are a poor way to reveal new titles. The Nintendo direct focus's on a specific group, where as a press conference covers a much broader range. Perhaps it is true that do not need to have one since they have the directs, but they would be far better off if they did both.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Koenig wrote:Nintendo directs are a great way to release information, but they are a poor way to reveal new titles.  The Nintendo direct focus's on a specific group, where as a press conference covers a much broader range.  Perhaps it is true that do not need to have one since they have the directs, but they would be far better off if they did both.

That specific group is called Gamers and that's what matters the most. Again like I said, FUCK the mass media, they over tend to A)Over hype shit or B)give false reasons to get hyped up for it.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Have you forgotten that Gamers are fickle bunch? The fact is without the media a very large portion of the so called "Gamers" wont budge on a product.

For example: A good number of "gamers" still have no idea what "X" is despite it being the highlight of Nintendo's best direct; I highly doubt this would be the case had X been revealed in a live press conference.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:33 pm

No they would still know what X is due to all the media sites that covered that Nintendo Direct. Its the same thing, its just done in a different fashion. Think of it like this. Theres people out there who don't give a rats ass about E3 and they play games all the time, yet they use there social apps like Facebook and Shitter and they end up seeing what's tending. Remember back when the Nintendo direct for E3 last was. Twitter had that shit on the tend phase. It was watched by more people then the normal people who watch the normal ND. All I'm saying is, is that at the end of the day the mass media is still going to cover it the only difference here is, is that Nintendo isn't doing it in front of a live audience. Yet who the fuck cares. There games and news will still be spread world wide across the internet.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:42 pm

Here's something interesting. This was found on the Nintendo E3 page on there website but its now removed

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 11 Screen%20Shot%202014-04-29%20at%2015_43_28
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:44 pm

However it will lose the human element. I honestly believe that the best moments of E3 come from the straightforward reveals and the subsequent crowed reactions. Once again, they would still be better off if they had both.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:46 pm

I'm gonna use myself as a gauge and just tell you right now that I have no clue what "X" is. I don't even like going to video game websites. On the other hand, something big like E3, might at least arouse my interest just because it's supposed to be big. My point is, Nintendo needs to advertise more and E3 is just that, advertising.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:47 pm

Or fuck E3, they should hold a big event at PAX or soemthing like that. One of the more "fan oriented" shows. The fact of the matter is that Nintendo Directs tend to only be noticed by the fans they already have, they're not exactly a good way to increase their brand.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:49 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Or fuck E3, they should hold a big event at PAX or soemthing like that. One of the more "fan oriented" shows. The fact of the matter is that Nintendo Directs tend to only be noticed by the fans they already have, they're not exactly a good way to increase their brand.
This...and also; u no know what "X" is?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:58 pm

I have no idea what it is. Also, maybe I'm not a good example since I'm a gamer who doesn't really pay attention to the industry anymore. I'm really apathetic about gaming now a days.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:They don't need to do a live press conference. There giving what Gamers want to see not the mass media who always throw stupid negative feedback in there direction. So I'm glad there not doing a press conference again.
The only people who really watch the Nintendo Directs or even the Ninty e3 events are mostly Ninty fans and maybe a handfull of others.

Remember, E3 is also shown on Tv through things like Spike TV. Without Nintendo's presence, those who do not follow the Direct or digital events will not see Nintendo's thing.

"Oh they can easily find this stuff out online after the direct because all gaming websites will have it"

Only a small % of gamers actually go to websites. A majority of the gaming world are people who don't visit websites dedicated strictly to gaming.

And the fact of the matter is this: Nintendo is having problems. They do not advertise their games, they do not advertise their system, and it seems with the lack of an E3 presence they are not even going to advertise themselves to the masses. As much as people hate it, the masses MATTER.

It is this mentality that pushes 3rd Parties away from Nintendo. 3rd Parties LIKE having a presence. They want to make sure that their games are displayed for everyone. They want their games placed on a pedistle but why would they trust their time, money, and effort into Nintendo when Nintendo won't even step up onto the stage.

They don't do PAX, they don't go to Comic Con, they don't do E3 anymore.

Imagine this like a pageant. All the contestants flaunt themselves on stage but there is 1 who remains backstage to talk to a handful of people vs the others who are flaunting to the masses.

Who will be talked about the most? The one who is on display or the one hiding in the shadows talking to a select few?

I agree with Koeing. They need another Twilight Princess showing. The fact they are not even going to do this for the new 3D zelda? that is their BIG game. that is their trump card...and yet they are not going to put it on display for the entire world to see? Don't they understand how important it is to get a massive audience on their side? To have that energy, that applause, that huge reaction is NECESSARY for it shows people that what is happening is a GOOD thing.

You cannot get this online.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:Here's something interesting. This was found on the Nintendo E3 page on there website but its now removed

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 11 Screen%20Shot%202014-04-29%20at%2015_43_28

Probably a 2DS XL or something.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:09 pm

What's the source that said Ninty is not doing E3?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:10 pm

Don't worry Mazer, you will see what I speak off when E3 comes around. You will see that I was right. Oh and lets not forget, that when you say that "oh its on TV" yet how many people actually tune into watch that shit? The same amount of people who read and watch gaming news. Do you really think the casual audience gives two shits of a fuck for E3? No they don't. But again, you will see Very Happy
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:15 pm

I am with Mazer on this one. Nintendo really should have a proper E3 press conference.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:16 pm

smirkytrick wrote:What's the source that said Ninty is not doing E3?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/29/nintendo-reveals-its-e3-plans
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next