Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

+10
Koenig
LegendX48
Justin
Cybersix
Lunacy
smirkytrick
Bearhugger29
Squirrel500
ColumbianLoom
-Mazer
14 posters

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 12 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:17 pm

It's not just the perception of TV, I agree that TV is becoming less and less relevant unless one is talking about Sports stuff.
Another issue is just the amount of overall publicity that E3 gets. Not just gaming sties cover it, so do other sites like New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, etc. It get's a shitload of press in many places.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 12 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:56 pm

I almost smashed my fucking keyboard when read the announcement. I would go on a big ass rant, but Koenig and Mazer read my thoughts perfectly:

Koenig wrote:E3 is a media event though,  Nintendo should take advantage of that.  They should make use of any resource available to them.

Koenig wrote:Nintendo directs are a great way to release information, but they are a poor way to reveal new titles.  The Nintendo direct focus's on a specific group, where as a press conference covers a much broader range.  Perhaps it is true that do not need to have one since they have the directs, but they would be far better off if they did both.

Koenig wrote:Have you forgotten that Gamers are fickle bunch?  The fact is without the media a very large portion of the so called "Gamers" wont budge on a product.  

For example: A good number of "gamers" still have no idea what "X" is despite it being the highlight of Nintendo's best direct; I highly doubt this would be the case had X been revealed in a live press conference.

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 12 Slow_clap_citizen_kane

-Mazer wrote:
Bearhugger29 wrote:They don't need to do a live press conference. There giving what Gamers want to see not the mass media who always throw stupid negative feedback in there direction. So I'm glad there not doing a press conference again.
The only people who really watch the Nintendo Directs or even the Ninty e3 events are mostly Ninty fans and maybe a handfull of others.

Remember, E3 is also shown on Tv through things like Spike TV. Without Nintendo's presence, those who do not follow the Direct or digital events will not see Nintendo's thing.

"Oh they can easily find this stuff out online after the direct because all gaming websites will have it"

Only a small % of gamers actually go to websites. A majority of the gaming world are people who don't visit websites dedicated strictly to gaming.

And the fact of the matter is this: Nintendo is having problems. They do not advertise their games, they do not advertise their system, and it seems with the lack of an E3 presence they are not even going to advertise themselves to the masses. As much as people hate it, the masses MATTER.

It is this mentality that pushes 3rd Parties away from Nintendo. 3rd Parties LIKE having a presence. They want to make sure that their games are displayed for everyone. They want their games placed on a pedistle but why would they trust their time, money, and effort into Nintendo when Nintendo won't even step up onto the stage.

They don't do PAX, they don't go to Comic Con, they don't do E3 anymore.

Imagine this like a pageant. All the contestants flaunt themselves on stage but there is 1 who remains backstage to talk to a handful of people vs the others who are flaunting to the masses.

Who will be talked about the most? The one who is on display or the one hiding in the shadows talking to a select few?

I agree with Koeing. They need another Twilight Princess showing. The fact they are not even going to do this for the new 3D zelda? that is their BIG game. that is their trump card...and yet they are not going to put it on display for the entire world to see? Don't they understand how important it is to get a massive audience on their side? To have that energy, that applause, that huge reaction is NECESSARY for it shows people that what is happening is a GOOD thing.

You cannot get this online.

I couldn't say it better myself. *high fives*

Can you post this exact thing on GT? Or at least, can I quote you? Lol.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Fine with me.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Hey Luna, do you like RPG's?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Go ahead, quote me. I dare you :3
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:Don't worry Mazer, you will see what I speak off when E3 comes around. You will see that I was right. Oh and lets not forget, that when you say that "oh its on TV" yet how many people actually tune into watch that shit? The same amount of people who read and watch gaming news. Do you really think the casual audience gives two shits of a fuck for E3? No they don't. But again, you will see Very Happy

We are not talking about casuals or even gamers. We're talking about how the industry looks at nintendo. Other developers will see Nintendo stepping away from the light and see no reason to work with them anymore. Why deal with someone who does an online show that a tiny % of people will watch when the other companies waltz out for the entire world to see? Who will get the bigger coverage? Sony and Xbox by default as Luna stated. This reason alone will drive more 3rd parties their way over Nintendo who sits in their office with blue-screens and web conferences.

And I know you said there will be no red tape or "Time limits" but do you think they will have their conference longer than the others due to being online? Last year's was one of the shortest they ever had.

AND they are showing the new Zelda. THAT NEEDS TO BE ON STAGE WITH A HUGE PRESENCE! not some lame-ass online show.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Koenig wrote:Hey Luna, do you like RPG's?
Yes, in fact, it's become my favourite type of genre.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochi Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:52 pm

-Mazer wrote:Anyone know how STEAM cards work?
Darth Luna wrote:I keep reading faqs about them, but I still have no clue what they're for.

as mentioned, they're for trading, selling, and crafting badges and goodies.

games that support cards give cards out at random time intervals, but are quite easy to get, there's no achievement or progress lock.

you generally always need to trade or sell your cards to buy other cards to complete a set unless you get a booster pack (every-time someone or you craft a specific game badge, someone else somewhere gets some free cards) in general you can only unlock about half the number of card variants for that game (say TF2 has 9 possible cards you can only get about 4-5 cards some of which might be duplicates)

crafting a game badge does several things:

you get XP for your steam profile (which gets you a few small bonuses)

you have a chance to win a free game, a coupon, an emote, in-game item, a profile theme or a profile doodad or upgrade to customize your steam profile or some combination of the above.

so it's pretty cool.

Cards tend to sell for about an average of 5-11 cents depending on the scarcity (when you go to the steam marketplace you can see what the average price something is being sold at.)

the rewards in turn can be sold and rewards tend to go a bit higher, as do foil cards (a super rare variant of a normal card drop)

During Christmas I made about a $1.50 selling cards from the Christmas sale.
Ochi
Ochi

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:07 pm

Ochi wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:I keep reading faqs about them, but I still have no clue what they're for.

games that support cards give cards out at random time intervals, but are quite easy to get, there's no achievement or progress lock.

you generally always need to trade or sell your cards to buy other cards to complete a set unless you get a booster pack (every-time someone or you craft a specific game badge, someone else somewhere gets some free cards) in general you can only unlock about half the number of card variants for that game (say TF2 has 9 possible cards you can only get about 4-5 cards some of which might be duplicates)

you have a chance to win a free game, a coupon, an emote, in-game item, a profile theme or a profile doodad or upgrade to customize your steam profile or some combination of the above.

so it's pretty cool.

Cards tend to sell for about an average of 5-11 cents depending on the scarcity (when you go to the steam marketplace you can see what the average price something is being sold at.)

the rewards in turn can be sold and rewards tend to go a bit higher, as do foil cards (a super rare variant of a normal card drop)

I kinda understand now. So once I get all the cards for a particular game, I craft it into a badge for my profile, then? I need 2 more for Civ V, I've made some trade offers, hopefully they're accepted.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:09 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
Alright, ill just leave this here for you. It is the game we were talking about earlier by the name "X"

Last edited by Koenig on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
Ochi wrote:

so it's pretty cool.

I kinda understand now. So once I get all the cards for a particular game, I craft it into a badge for my profile, then? I need 2 more for Civ V, I've made some trade offers, hopefully they're accepted.

I accepted your trade ^-^

I need 2 more cards for my Goat Simulator pack. Offered a guy like 4 of my duplicates so hopefully he'll give them to me to get my badge Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:13 pm

:'( He declined my trade!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:15 pm

So now that I actually care about Xenoblade...I have to ask, what do you think of it Mazer?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:28 pm

lol my kitten is so silly, he's sitting in front of the door so I can't go outside
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 pm

Koenig wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:
Alright, ill just leave this here for you.  It is the game we were talking about earlier by the name "X"

*drools*

I need to play this...
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Lol. I am still amazed that you did not know about it. I guess it kinda proves the point that Nintendo Directs do not work that well in regards to game reveals...

Did you ever play Xenoblade Luna?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:44 pm

-Mazer wrote::'( He declined my trade!
Why not just sell your dupes and use that money to buy the ones you need?
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:48 pm

Koenig wrote:Lol.  I am still amazed that you did not know about it. I guess it kinda proves the point that Nintendo Directs do not work that well in regards to game reveals...

Yeah, I never pay attention to them, nor do I go to random sites to look up stuff. I usually just notice the bigger points that are made. If not for you guys, I wouldn't know about anything that's going on right now.

And I've never played it.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Hey Mazer! need any card for Terrarai or TF2?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
Koenig wrote:Lol.  I am still amazed that you did not know about it. I guess it kinda proves the point that Nintendo Directs do not work that well in regards to game reveals...

Yeah, I never pay attention to them, nor do I go to random sites to look up stuff. I usually just notice the bigger points that are made. If not for you guys, I wouldn't know about anything that's going on right now.

And I've never played it.
If you can find a copy of it (Though you would probably have a better chance of winning the lottery) or if you get it via homebrew,  Xenoblade is one the best RPG's I have ever played.

Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Koenig wrote:So now that I actually care about Xenoblade...I have to ask, what do you think of it Mazer?
I downloaded it when it was not coming to the states originally. I played a good 3-4 hours and really liked what I saw. I finally got a real version and I am going to play it again.

Makes me very excited for X.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:58 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Hey Mazer! need any card for Terrarai or TF2?

I need about 4-5 terrari cards. What do you got Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:59 pm

hey mazar, did you already have the card I gave you?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:59 pm

I bought it when it first came out in the States, but I never got around to playing it until last weekend.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:01 pm

hey what systems is xenoblade on? I always wanted to play one of those games but never bought one
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next