Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

+10
Koenig
LegendX48
Justin
Cybersix
Lunacy
smirkytrick
Bearhugger29
Squirrel500
ColumbianLoom
-Mazer
14 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 13 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:16 pm

-Mazer wrote:Go ahead, quote me. I dare you :3

I'm going to do it if it's necessary, which it probably will be.

-Mazer wrote:
Bearhugger29 wrote:Don't worry Mazer, you will see what I speak off when E3 comes around. You will see that I was right. Oh and lets not forget, that when you say that "oh its on TV" yet how many people actually tune into watch that shit? The same amount of people who read and watch gaming news. Do you really think the casual audience gives two shits of a fuck for E3? No they don't. But again, you will see Very Happy

We are not talking about casuals or even gamers. We're talking about how the industry looks at nintendo. Other developers will see Nintendo stepping away from the light and see no reason to work with them anymore. Why deal with someone who does an online show that a tiny % of people will watch when the other companies waltz out for the entire world to see? Who will get the bigger coverage? Sony and Xbox by default as Luna stated. This reason alone will drive more 3rd parties their way over Nintendo who sits in their office with blue-screens and web conferences.

And I know you said there will be no red tape or "Time limits" but do you think they will have their conference longer than the others due to being online? Last year's was one of the shortest they ever had.

AND they are showing the new Zelda. THAT NEEDS TO BE ON STAGE WITH A HUGE PRESENCE! not some lame-ass online show.

100% agreed and it's 100% accurate.

Koenig wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:
Koenig wrote:Hey Luna, do you like RPG's?
Yes, in fact, it's become my favourite type of genre.
Alright, ill just leave this here for you.  It is the game we were talking about earlier by the name "X"

So excited for this game!!!

Squirrel500 wrote:hey what systems is xenoblade on? I always wanted to play one of those games but never bought one

It's on Wii. I really like the game! I got about 20 hours in it and stopped playing, but it wasn't because it was bad. I'm just procrastinating beating it. I need to continue it.

It's very unique and extensive. I've never played an RPG quite like Xenoblade.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 13 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:18 pm

Darth Luna wrote:hey mazar, did you already have the card I gave you?

You gave me like 3 cards ^-^ I didn't have any of them
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 pm

X really does look like a spiritual sequel to Xenoblade.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Bearhugger29 wrote:Don't worry Mazer, you will see what I speak off when E3 comes around. You will see that I was right. Oh and lets not forget, that when you say that "oh its on TV" yet how many people actually tune into watch that shit? The same amount of people who read and watch gaming news. Do you really think the casual audience gives two shits of a fuck for E3? No they don't. But again, you will see Very Happy

We are not talking about casuals or even gamers. We're talking about how the industry looks at nintendo. Other developers will see Nintendo stepping away from the light and see no reason to work with them anymore. Why deal with someone who does an online show that a tiny % of people will watch when the other companies waltz out for the entire world to see? Who will get the bigger coverage? Sony and Xbox by default as Luna stated. This reason alone will drive more 3rd parties their way over Nintendo who sits in their office with blue-screens and web conferences.

And I know you said there will be no red tape or "Time limits" but do you think they will have their conference longer than the others due to being online? Last year's was one of the shortest they ever had.

AND they are showing the new Zelda. THAT NEEDS TO BE ON STAGE WITH A HUGE PRESENCE! not some lame-ass online show.

Okay, let me explain this in another fashion. Back up 2 years ago when Nintendo did there last E3 Conference, did that shit do them any justice at all in promoting there next gen system? NOPE, what did however was there tour they did around NA. That's what helped them. How many times have you seen Iwata and Reggie come out and state that the Wii U is a system that has to be experienced by the gamer in order to understand what it stands for. That's exactly what Nintendo has been doing for the last 2 years pretty much. Allowing gamers and non gamers to try out there games in advance like they did last year after the E3 Nintendo Direct. Yet clearly the year before that at there last Live show didn't hold much promise at all. Sure we can all agree that the games they showed were not that impressive at all but that's not the point and of course lets not forget the confusion at the E3 when the Wii U was first announced. That E3 didn't do them FUCK ALL period. Anyways the point is, No one cared for the system period. What exactly would change this time around? What Zelda? Fuck, please dude considering that Zelda is Popular in NA and a little bit in Eur. What's the say that they will even show anything off for the new Zelda game. I know there going to of course but lets just say that all they show is just the title logo and that's it with a little bit of Info to go along with it to please the fans of the franchise and also, lets not forget that when a first party title is announced for Nintendo. THAT SHIT IS ADVERTISED EVERYWHERE.

Or another reason to why they didn't bother with a live show is cause they don't have that much to show from 3rd party games. After all, lets face facts here, 3rd parties don't like Nintendo NOT for the fact that Nintendo has weak hardware. It's because of the simple fact that 3rd parties don't want to compete there games with Nintendo's own ips. Think about it, Look at how many COD rip off games came out last gen to try and cash in on the success that COD had. Yet look what happened, Not one single rip off clone came even close to make any form of budget next to what COD makes. Yet 3rd parties don't care cause that's just one game yet also done by a 3rd party dev. Nintendo goes in alone and makes TITAN games that 3rd parties wish they can have there games sell that much. Name 1 game outside of COD that comes even remotely close to Mario Kart Wii? NONE at all. Nintendo's games are a force to be reckon with. Plus most of the owners who do buy a Nintendo system always by Nintendo related products MORE then 3rd party games in and of themselves. You see where I'm going with this.

Of course no one will even begin to understand wtf I mean here but all I'm saying in simple terms. E3 Live conference would jack shit for them. GO back and watch there previous ones they did before the change.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:21 pm

damn I wish xenoblade was on 3ds
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:23 pm

Did anyone ever question themselves on why Nintendo doesn't want to do a live show again? Really think about that question.

Also, I'm not here to argue with anyone or anything so please don't think that. Just a nice friendly debit is all. I enjoy them.

Last edited by Bearhugger29 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:26 pm

To counter your point about that presser, Nintendo botched the fuck out of it. They really messed up their message. E3 is a wonderful stage to advertise, it should be used correctly. Hell, MS made the initial Kinect shit look decent.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:27 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:Did anyone ever question themselves on why Nintendo doesn't want to do a live show again? Really think about that question.
You're making it sound like it's the fact that they had a bad experience, but they themselves fucked up. It's not like there was some sort of ESA conspiracy to make Nintendo look bad. As for the 3rd party issue, that's separate from E3 in and of itself.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Darth Luna wrote:To counter your point about that presser, Nintendo botched the fuck out of it. They really messed up their message. E3 is a wonderful stage to advertise, it should be used correctly. Hell, MS made the initial Kinect shit look decent.

Kinect was a flop from the start. The moment we saw that shit with the twisted foot, it was a no brainer at that point. Sure most people looked at it as just being a prototype let look what happened. It got released and yet still had the exact problems it did when they first showed it off.

Look all I'm saying is, you will see I'm right after this E3.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
Bearhugger29 wrote:Did anyone ever question themselves on why Nintendo doesn't want to do a live show again? Really think about that question.
You're making it sound like it's the fact that they had a bad experience, but they themselves fucked up. It's not like there was some sort of ESA conspiracy to make Nintendo look bad. As for the 3rd party issue, that's separate from E3 in and of itself.

Fucked up how exactly? They did what they were suppose to do. It's the people and the PRESS as i said before who got there readers confused on the subject. You do you know that 3 times in that whole press conference when the Wii U was announced that both Reggie and Iwata stated it was there next gen system. So you mean to tell me that no one was paying attention in the theater that day? Clearly no one did cause most people in the mass media where confused on the subject. FUCKING MORONS.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:33 pm

Yes, it had those problems, I'm not saying that E3 made it a good product, but it did help that shit get hyped up and advertised. MS made a lot of money off of it initially just based on how they hyped it up. The fact that it sucked is proven by the fact that it didn't sustain sales and even now the xbone is suffering because it's forcing kinect on consumers.

I don't get how lack of exposure would be good for business. How can Nintendo having a shallow E3 presser to excite the ignorant masses be a bad thing for the system.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:33 pm

-Mazer wrote:Which is BAD. BAD BAD BAD! They need a conference. Esp if they showcase the new Zelda.

*looks at Child of Light* It...seems very bland in terms of the kombat
Stop it! Stop it! "Combat."

It's turn based combat, what were you expecting? Bayonetta X Devil May Cry X Metal Gear Rising levels of hype ass combat?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:36 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:Fucked up how exactly? They did what they were suppose to do. It's the people and the PRESS as i said before who got there readers confused on the subject. You do you know that 3 times in that whole press conference when the Wii U was announced that both Reggie and Iwata stated it was there next gen system. So you mean to tell me that no one was paying attention in the theater that day? Clearly no one did cause most people in the mass media where confused on the subject. FUCKING MORONS.
Yes, the casual masses are morons. They don't pay enough attention because they are exactly that "casual." You have to be flashy with them and extremely obvious. They failed to show the system itself before they launched it. Only focusing on the controller. The less informed became confused because they thought it was an addon.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:43 pm

I don't even own a wii anymore. Our wii died a while back.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
Bearhugger29 wrote:Fucked up how exactly? They did what they were suppose to do. It's the people and the PRESS as i said before who got there readers confused on the subject. You do you know that 3 times in that whole press conference when the Wii U was announced that both Reggie and Iwata stated it was there next gen system. So you mean to tell me that no one was paying attention in the theater that day? Clearly no one did cause most people in the mass media where confused on the subject. FUCKING MORONS.
Yes, the casual masses are morons. They don't pay enough attention because they are exactly that "casual." You have to be flashy with them and extremely obvious. They failed to show the system itself before they launched it. Only focusing on the controller. The less informed became confused because they thought it was an addon.

Oh it wasn't just the casual people. They don't give a fuck about E3 and never will. All they care about is just twitter and Facebook shit. I'm talking the media like IGN or Gamespot writing up articles about them being confused or saying i believe that the casuals will be confused. Look, the Wii was a fad, the Wii U will never be like what the Wii had. The casuals moved on. End of the story.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:Oh it wasn't just the casual people. They don't give a fuck about E3 and never will. All they care about is just twitter and Facebook shit. I'm talking the media like IGN or Gamespot writing up articles about them being confused or saying i believe that the casuals will be confused. Look, the Wii was a fad, the Wii U will never be like what the Wii had. The casuals moved on. End of the story.
I agree and in many ways, the Wii has really weakened the brand. It's left a stain to many people who got burned by it and no longer trust nintendo. I think using the term casual is too broad, but I was using it just as a familiar point of reference.
Pretty much my point is that E3 pressers can be powerful tools for advertisement and exposure. They're not inherently bad, nor is the Nintendo direct thing. If anything, I could see them complimenting each other. E3 presser for the broad message and exposure and then the directs would appeal to the more invested and interested consumers.
I'm still sticking with my point that the E3 presser is not a bad thing and Nintendo should have used it, especially right now when they're exposure seems to be at an all time low. They rarely do commercials or anything big. I just don't understand why from a business point of view.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:20 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Which is BAD. BAD BAD BAD! They need a conference. Esp if they showcase the new Zelda.

It's turn based combat, what were you expecting? Bayonetta X Devil May Cry X Metal Gear Rising levels of hype ass combat?

If it is turn based Kombat, I want it to be something interesting like how it was in Persona, South Park, or at the very least speed it up. The Kombat in this game looks seriously boring and rather slow like how the kombat was in Brave DEfault
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
Bearhugger29 wrote:Oh it wasn't just the casual people. They don't give a fuck about E3 and never will. All they care about is just twitter and Facebook shit. I'm talking the media like IGN or Gamespot writing up articles about them being confused or saying i believe that the casuals will be confused. Look, the Wii was a fad, the Wii U will never be like what the Wii had. The casuals moved on. End of the story.
I agree and in many ways, the Wii has really weakened the brand. It's left a stain to many people who got burned by it and no longer trust nintendo. I think using the term casual is too broad, but I was using it just as a familiar point of reference.
Pretty much my point is that E3 pressers can be powerful tools for advertisement and exposure. They're not inherently bad, nor is the Nintendo direct thing. If anything, I could see them complimenting each other. E3 presser for the broad message and exposure and then the directs would appeal to the more invested and interested consumers.
I'm still sticking with my point that the E3 presser is not a bad thing and Nintendo should have used it, especially right now when they're exposure seems to be at an all time low. They rarely do commercials or anything big. I just don't understand why from a business point of view.

You know for my Final answer on this subject cause I'm getting bored over here now and i don't wanna keep debating on this subject anymore. Perhaps Nintendo realized the system was heading in a down slope like the VB. So right now, they are just riding it out and saying FUCK IT.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:38 pm

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Hey Mazer! need any card for Terrarai or TF2?

I need about 4-5 terrari cards. What do you got Very Happy
I got the following: minishark, wyvern, eye of cthulu, the underworld, & glowing mushrooms
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:46 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Hey Mazer! need any card for Terrarai or TF2?

I need about 4-5 terrari cards. What do you got Very Happy
I got the following: minishark, wyvern, eye of cthulu, the underworld, & glowing mushrooms

Lemme check mine buy I would like Underworld and the eye

Can you xheck my inventory for what you want in exchange
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:51 pm

Actually. I will trade you a knites edge for the Eye
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:54 pm

-Mazer wrote:Actually. I will trade you a knites edge for the Eye
sounds good to me :3
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Darth Luna wrote:

Exactly also Bear, also Bear

Just because they fucked up big in 2012, doesn't mean they shouldn't do E3 pressers anymore. They fucked up even worse in 2008 and came back with two good conferences in 2009 and 2010. 2011 is just ok. One bad conference shouldn't discourage them to do pressers anymore.

And their Nintendo Direct was just underwhelming. I rewatched it on Youtube and it just wasn't the same. Announcing things on a stream like that just isn't as effective. On a stage, you have the crowd reaction, then you have people playing demos, and the whole dynamic is just great.

You can't replicate it on a stream. You think something like Sony's conference last year or Nintendo's conference in 2010 could have been on a stream? No way in hell.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:09 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

If it is turn based Kombat, I want it to be something interesting like how it was in Persona, South Park, or at the very least speed it up. The Kombat in this game looks seriously boring and rather slow like how the kombat was in Brave DEfault
Combat, C, C, C, c, c, CCCCCCCC!!!!

and it wasn't, took me a bit to figure out how cast time related to the bar at the bottom during combat. It's turn based combat, I seriously do not know what you were expecting it to be like, also idk what Persona plays like and South Park isn't traditional turn based combat whereas Child of Light is. Going by the demo the game seems rather nice so far.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next