Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

+11
Lunacy
TensePsychopath
Koenig
Squirrel500
ColumbianLoom
LegendX48
Justin
Cybersix
Lux
smirkytrick
-Mazer
15 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 9 Empty Re: GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

Post by -Mazer Thu May 15, 2014 4:36 pm

smirkytrick wrote:I dunno, for me, I get enough ads on the radio and TV.

Also what is this thing about the FCC and the internet that I been hearing about?

Long story short:

The FCC is trying to set up a system where people will basically have to pay for higher bandwidth. Meaning that internet will be sold like Tier systems that cable companies do.

I.E. You want basic package? Well it costs only 20$ a month but sites like Hulu, YOutube, or Netflix will be bottlenecked purposely.

To get proper bandwidth for those sites, you need the 50$ package.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 9 Empty Re: GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

Post by Lunacy Thu May 15, 2014 4:40 pm

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 9 Net-neutrality

I like how this illustrates what no net neutrality would be like.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 15, 2014 4:44 pm

I feel that the internet as a living organism, will not tolerate this. At all. The backlash would be apocalyptic.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu May 15, 2014 5:00 pm

I agree, in a sense, it's become like the global unconsciousness. To lobotomize it like they want to, I honestly feel, would be a detriment to mankind. It sounds corny and like hyperbole, but I really do feel that way.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu May 15, 2014 5:08 pm

fuck yeah, can't wait!

Though I'm conflicted over the direction this one is going in. Seems it's gonna be very different from the first. Still looks really cool, though.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Darth Luna wrote:I agree, in a sense, it's become like the global unconsciousness. To lobotomize it like they want to, I honestly feel, would be a detriment to mankind. It sounds corny and like hyperbole, but I really do feel that way.

The internet needs to remain free and neutral. It is the fastest and greatest exchange of ideas, info, and just discussions to grace us. Besides...I dun wanna lose meh forum buddies D:
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
fuck yeah, can't wait!

Though I'm conflicted over the direction this one is going in. Seems it's gonna be very different from the first. Still looks really cool, though.

I have the first one on my Netflix Queue. Is it good?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu May 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Dude, the fact that I can talk to and have an everyday conversation with people from the other side of the world is not only cool as hell, but it's honestly revolutionary. Just from a cultural perspective, it opens ones eyes to other views. I don't think it can be stated enough times how great and awesome it is and I can't imagine being without it now. And that's just the social standpoint.

As for Monsters, I loved it. Thought it was really great. I'm trying to find a way to describe it, somewhat similar to the original Godzilla, you could say, but with an added/different element that I can't quite articulate at the moment.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 15, 2014 5:33 pm

I 100% agree. Hell, we, in this forum, have people from Washington, Canada, Robbi lives in Finland I think or somewhere over there, Tense if across the pond - I mean it's a mini UK and we all get to enjoy different perspectives and ideas and views in a matter of seconds. That is something for the ages. It cannot be regulated!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu May 15, 2014 5:52 pm

That's just this place, I've talked to people from all over the place. Aussy and kiwi land probably being the farthest from me.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 15, 2014 6:02 pm

I actually had a good friend from Aus. He was a security guard, in his 40s and just a nice guy. We met through an art web site and just chatted about movies and random things. Really wicked guy

and what about things like Omegle or chatroulette? I had a talk with 6 frat boys once as they all hung out in their lounge. They took their laptop and showed the place off for me. So badass.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu May 15, 2014 6:07 pm

Indeed. New sites and other people just love to rag on the hate that is spewed or priacy or any negatives, but conveniently ignore all the positives.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu May 15, 2014 6:10 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Indeed. New sites and other people just love to rag on the hate that is spewed or priacy or any negatives, but conveniently ignore all the positives.

They've been spoilt.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 15, 2014 6:15 pm

User: Hey Bot.

Cleverbot: I'm not a bot.

User: I am sorry. What should I call you.

Cleverbot: You decide.

User: George.

Cleverbot: How about aonther.

User: Paul.

Cleverbot: Paul?

User: You are now Paul.

Cleverbot: Your name is Jessica.

User: Deal.

Cleverbot: Or no deal.

User: That is the question.

Cleverbot: Shakespeare, baby.

User: Got to love him.

Cleverbot: Do you know who he is?

User: Of course. Do you.

Cleverbot: Yes, I do. Do you like astronomy?

User: Very much so. May I ask a question.

Cleverbot: Yes.

User: What do you think of the FCC trying to take over the internet?

Cleverbot: He is an opium smoker.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu May 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Yeah, they have. Especially since to them, 2 people from opposite sides of the world chatting it up everyday and becoming friends means nothing. That alone is hugely positive.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 15, 2014 6:31 pm

if it wasn't for the internet, I would never find clips and remember titles from things I worshiped as a kid

The internet is a veritable archive of pop history.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu May 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Signed.

:\
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu May 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Looks like they got the signatures
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu May 15, 2014 8:52 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Looks like they got the signatures
Left shows what they need to get to 100,000 signatures. Right shows the total they have now.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu May 15, 2014 10:18 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Looks like they got the signatures
Left shows what they need to get to 100,000 signatures. Right shows the total they have now.
Oh, now I see. When was this posted? Because at this rate we should meet the requirements in just a day or 2.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu May 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Found the petition somewhere quite a while ago.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri May 16, 2014 12:58 am

Hey Mazer! I got an awesome idea for a movie that I wanna pitch to you. It's kinda like that movie 'Explorers' but it's involves a giant robot instead of a rocket.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Fri May 16, 2014 1:56 am

And I have officially finished freshman year of college. I'm back home and unpacked. Man, what a year. Probably one of the best years of my life.

And now it's time to pass out lol.

xXJus10Xx wrote:Kirby Triple Deluxe is Gameinformer's Game of the Month... lol nice

That's awesome! And I cannot wait to play it!!!!! I'm going to buy it by the end of this week (hopefully).

@Mazer & Luna

I agree. The internet has done wonders with people and society in general. Fuck the older generation that doesn't understand shit and are too traditional. The internet and technology is bringing in a new era life. It's different, but not necessarily bad.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 am

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 9 ZlCfzR7moQEG6Tq6xO
Now people complaining about Female Villager not a costume but Male WFTrainer is can STFU now.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum