Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition.

+11
Bearhugger29
Justin
ColumbianLoom
Lux
Squirrel500
smirkytrick
LegendX48
-Mazer
Lunacy
Cybersix
Koenig
15 posters

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next

Go down

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 6 Empty Re: General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition.

Post by Squirrel500 Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:28 pm

*plays Mario party on ds* I wonder if Nintendo will ever release a 3DS version of Mario Party?
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 6 Empty Re: General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition.

Post by Lunacy Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:37 pm

Koenig wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:
I actually really loved the "god slaying" thing.
I probably would not mind if every anime and JRPG did not do it as a rule, as is I find it to be old and very dull.
I don't play jrpgs, but every anime?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Ed Boon wrote:Key Art Boon also promised we'd get some idea of the title's plot, which is apparently both a continuation of the story begun in MK9 as well as being entirely original, and will finally see some gameplay at E3.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:11 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Ed Boon wrote:Key Art Boon also promised we'd get some idea of the title's plot, which is apparently both a continuation of the story begun in MK9 as well as being entirely original, and will finally see some gameplay at E3.

Tuesday is gonna be nuts.
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:16 pm

Koenig wrote:
Dat Bowie
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:48 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
Every anime I have seen that has truly powerful deity portrays them as the villain.

Last edited by Koenig on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:48 pm

Lux wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

Tuesday is gonna be nuts.

Yes. Yes it is.

Alright scrubs listen up. I am going to make some E3 bingo cards for lols and maybe I will give away 5$ on STEAM to whomever gets the first bingo. I dunno yet. Also, I encourage people to have some fun and make some "e3 predictions" for each of the conferences. Let's see who gets the most guesses - all of this will be in the Media Forum :3

Conference
Microsoft Monday, June 9 at 9:30 a.m. PT
EA Monday, June 9 at 12 p.m. PT
Ubisoft Monday, June 9 at 3 p.m. PT
Sony Monday, June 9 at 6 p.m. PT
Nintendo Tuesday, June 10 at 9 a.m. PT

Since we (or most of us) are in the SKYPE group, I will not need to actually host a stream chat since we can all just watch while commenting.

Microphones can be used if you want to speak person to person. I know that so far Smirky, Lux, and I all have headsets but we'd always like more to join in =^-^=

Last edited by -Mazer on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:48 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:*plays Mario party on ds* I wonder if Nintendo will ever release a 3DS version of Mario Party?
They have.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/mario-party-island-tour/110114
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:48 pm

Koenig wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:
Every anime I have seen that has truly power deity portrays them as the villain.

I can attest to this. It was also done in the show Blue Seed.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:07 am

^^^

Aside from it being dull by now, as a Christian I also find it a little bit offensive. I understand that Japan has a very different religious landscape, but I grow very tired of the negative portrayal of theistic beings.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:50 am

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:
Every anime I have seen that has truly power deity portrays them as the villain.

I can attest to this. It was also done in the show Blue Seed.
I need to watch these shows you guys are watching.
Koenig wrote:^^^

Aside from it being dull by now, as a Christian I also find it a little bit offensive.  I understand that Japan has a very different religious landscape, but I grow very tired of the negative portrayal of theistic beings.
Well, real life isn't positive either.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:22 am

But is theism really villainized in real life by all cultures?  I would like to think better of society but I do have my sincere doubts.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:42 am

Someone else theism is always "villainized." Anyhow, I'm tired and going to bed.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:56 am

I do not think it is seen as "different so lets villain it". It is just that religion offers so much in terms of(for lack of better term) mythology to exploit into amazing villains.

But I do know what you mean. If I remember correctly, Ninja Scroll 2 was about corrupting Jesus when he is reborn to turn him into an agent of Satan
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:34 am

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 6 2bbd6d88919bd5aeea6dc5c8bcd94be2
Ugh, I guess we're keeping that cat face then...
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:09 am

Lux wrote:General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 6 2bbd6d88919bd5aeea6dc5c8bcd94be2

I told you. Need to resize the other one Razz

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 6 AVO6eE2_700b_v2
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:58 am

E3 is almost here and I'm ready to be highly upset and laughter at the same time.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:09 am

-Mazer wrote:I do not think it is seen as "different so lets villain it". It is just that religion offers so much in terms of(for lack of better term) mythology to exploit into amazing villains.

But I do know what you mean. If I remember correctly, Ninja Scroll 2 was about corrupting Jesus when he is reborn to turn him into an agent of Satan
Taking a twist on popular mythology is nothing new and I enjoy it.
Lux wrote:General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 6 2bbd6d88919bd5aeea6dc5c8bcd94be2
I know, right? Do not like.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 am

-Mazer wrote:
Microphones can be used if you want to speak person to person. I know that so far Smirky, Lux, and I all have headsets but we'd always like more to join in =^-^=
I have a headset as well
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:26 pm

Koenig wrote:
Squirrel500 wrote:*plays Mario party on ds* I wonder if Nintendo will ever release a 3DS version of Mario Party?
They have.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/mario-party-island-tour/110114

*facepalm* I always forget about that one
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:27 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
-Mazer wrote:I do not think it is seen as "different so lets villain it". It is just that religion offers so much in terms of(for lack of better term) mythology to exploit into amazing villains.

Taking a twist on popular mythology is nothing new and I enjoy it.

I have nothing against creative license, but the problem (For me) lies in the fact the almost every anime or JRPG that takes a spin on religion makes it the villain rather than a neutral or allied force. The mythos may be given a twist, but the story itself is once again almost always the same;" religion is evil ". It is as if the idea of a benevolent God or subsequent following is a taboo.

To date I have only encountered two series that break that mold (D.Gray Man and Okami) and even then the former of the two is still questionable.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea taking a new spin on myths and history; I just grow tired of the twist or goal always being the same. It is in and of itself stagnation from something that should be creative.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:34 pm

I suppose that's true, but damn I just don't think I've run into it that much. Are you sure it isn't bigger on the jrpg front? Because if so, then I wouldn't know, but as for anime, I don't think I've run into it as often as you claim.
Anyhow, some recent examples of divinity that aren't "evil" like you claim most are, are:
Noragami - gods are more like neutral and can go either way
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - Kind of the same as Noragami, but it's a more light hearted series.
Hataraku Maou-sama! - God seems to be neutral and the Demon Lord, satan, is the protagonist.
Kyousou Giga - another one in which god isn't evil
Hoozoku no Reitetsu - doesn't mention god, just the various underworlds/hells. In this one, hell is shown as more of a place to reform bad souls, so they're kind of good guys.

Anyhow, these are all shows that have come out in the last year with those kind of themes. I'm trying to think of one where god was portrayed as evil, but I can't think of it at the moment, maybe I should look through it. Either way, you sure seem to have a persecution complex.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:36 pm

*Drools*

I still really hope we get a Wii U version.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:40 pm

Darth Luna wrote:I suppose that's true, but damn I just don't think I've run into it that much. Are you sure it isn't bigger on the jrpg front? Because if so, then I wouldn't know, but as for anime, I don't think I've run into it as often as you claim.
Anyhow, some recent examples of divinity that aren't "evil" like you claim most are, are:
Noragami - gods are more like neutral and can go either way
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - Kind of the same as Noragami, but it's a more light hearted series.
Hataraku Maou-sama! - God seems to be neutral and the Demon Lord, satan, is the protagonist.
Kyousou Giga - another one in which god isn't evil
Hoozoku no Reitetsu - doesn't mention god, just the various underworlds/hells. In this one, hell is shown as more of a place to reform bad souls, so they're kind of good guys.

Anyhow, these are all shows that have come out in the last year with those kind of themes. I'm trying to think of one where god was portrayed as evil, but I can't think of it at the moment, maybe I should look through it. Either way, you sure seem to have a persecution complex.

I will look into those anime.

As for a complex, I suppose it comes with the territory. You would be surprised how much shit I get for being a Christian sometimes.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:07 pm

Koenig wrote:I will look into those anime.

As for a complex, I suppose it comes with the territory.  You would be surprised how much shit I get for being a Christian sometimes.
Where are you from?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next