Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XLI: Horror Blind Bags!

+9
LegendX48
Koenig
Bearhugger29
Ochi
ColumbianLoom
smirkytrick
Justin
Lunacy
-Mazer
13 posters

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XLI: Horror Blind Bags! - Page 8 Empty Re: Gen Chat XLI: Horror Blind Bags!

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:00 am

According to a report from Siliconera, one of Square Enix's offices located in Tokyo was recently raided by the police as part of an on-going criminal investigation against the company.

The investigation is due to a criminal lawsuit SNK filed against Square Enix earlier in the year. The lawsuit states SNK's claims of having received no compensation for the use of its characters in a manga produced by Square Enix. Besides SNK, Capcom was also considering a lawsuit against Square Enix before settling for an undisclosed amount.

SNK alleges the Square Enix published manga series, High Score Girl, featured characters from its most popular franchises such as King of Fighters and Samurai Shodown, roughly 100 times.

Given the series is heavily centered on Japan's arcade gaming scene, the use of such characters in the plot makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, according to the studio's claims, neither High Score Girl creator Rensuke Oshikiri or Square Enix asked for SNK's permission to use said characters.

SNK officials say they had no idea their characters were being used in HGH until the animation house in charge of producing its anime adaptation contacted them about using the characters and music/audio clips from their respective games in the show. That's when SNK checked out the manga and discovered its characters were used without its blessing. Thus giving the company grounds to launch the lawsuit.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XLI: Horror Blind Bags! - Page 8 Empty Re: Gen Chat XLI: Horror Blind Bags!

Post by smirkytrick Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:45 am

Gotta find a new job now. had to quit for school. It's a bittersweet feeling. I won't be getting paid anymore, but on the other hand, the job i had really sucked.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:09 am

Just got home from Guardians of the Galaxy, loved it. Saw so much from the comics, but by far my favourite was
Spoiler:
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:28 am

Squirrel500 wrote:wow I just realized my birthday is next week, I feel old lol
My birthday is in 22 days, and I'm gonna totally forget.
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:29 am

You're over a month late! D:<
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:29 am

Gen Chat XLI: Horror Blind Bags! - Page 8 Hbu1W4H

Gonna do inventory of my collection again. ^-^ I should be past 800 games by now >.>
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:20 am

Damn. That is a lot of games.

*Checks collection*

I have 27...
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:28 am

Koenig wrote:Damn.  That is a lot of games.

*Checks collection*

I have 27...
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:39 am

You know what, Super Mario Galaxy (the series) actually has a relatively sophisticated story despite it's overly simplistic presentation. It all connects and, honestly, spells out the fact that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is NOT a sequel at all. I mean, even at the Wii menu when you hit play Mario only shouts "Super Mario Galaxy!" It hits you right at the end of Galaxy 2 when Rosalina finally shows up and connects straight back to what she said at the end of the first game. I can't remember the exact dialogue from either because it's been a while but the thing about the Galaxy series is that it's a multiverse story and Rosalina's dialogue outright spells this out.

Galaxy 1 and 2 aren't in the same universe, they, arguably, occur at the same time but in different universes.

I need to replay them both to check back on this but I think it's actually pretty cool that this so called kiddie drivel deals with Multiverse themes.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Or maybe Galaxy 2 is a retelling of the first game?
I don't think you have to look that far into a Mario game lol
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Now if only Galaxy 2 had a hub like a proper 3D Mario game; I dislike menu-based navigation.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Welp, I did everything I could with my atari ant the images are still not coming out right, now I am either gonna take it to a computer place to fix it, or look for another one
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:09 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Welp, I did everything I could with my atari ant the images are still not coming out right, now I am either gonna take it to a computer place to fix it, or look for another one

What are you trying to do exactly?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:50 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:Or maybe Galaxy 2 is a retelling of the first game?
it is a retelling but in a different universe... Or maybe not a retelling at all. I could probably just YouTube the endings.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:19 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen: I present NEXT GEN GAMING!

RE-released of Tomb Raider!
Re-Release of Last of Us!
Re-Release of RE-Sident Evil!
Re-Release of Sleeping Dogs!
Re-Release of Wind Waker!
Re-Release of GTAV!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:40 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
it is a retelling but in a different universe... Or maybe not a retelling at all. I could probably just YouTube the endings.
Princess captured by Bowser and you must traverse through the Galaxy to go save her.

The differences are not striking. Sure, one introduces Rosalina at the end instead of making her a key addition, but in the end, it's all the same(minus the universe exploding), just told differently.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:41 pm

-Mazer wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen: I present NEXT GEN GAMING!

RE-released of Tomb Raider!
Re-Release of Last of Us!
Re-Release of RE-Sident Evil!
Re-Release of Sleeping Dogs!
Re-Release of Wind Waker!
Re-Release of GTAV!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEXT UP IS GEARS OF WAR OR GOD OF WAR! I CAN FEEL IT!
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:56 pm

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Welp, I did everything I could with my atari and the images are still not coming out right, now I am either gonna take it to a computer place to fix it, or look for another one

What are you trying to do exactly?
I'm trying to fix it. I'm having problems playing the games. for example, I try to play Mrs. Pacman (I can't get the power pellets), I try playing Berserk (I die instantly), I try playing centipede (my square and bullets are skewed and off). And it's not the cartridges, trust me they're clean.

But on a lighter note. I called a computer guy in my city and he is very interested in trying to repair my atari, he even said he might do it for free because it sounds like a fun project.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:26 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
Princess captured by Bowser and you must traverse through the Galaxy to go save her.

The differences are not striking. Sure, one introduces Rosalina at the end instead of making her a key addition, but in the end, it's all the same(minus the universe exploding), just told differently.
and I say there is more to it aside from the fact that it's just basic Mario 101!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:55 pm

Let me know when there is a re-release of Metroid Prime and/or Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Then I will acknowledge the next generation.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Koenig wrote:Let me know when there is a re-release of Metroid Prime and/or Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.  Then I will acknowledge the next generation.
both options would cause the planet to explode!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:26 pm

My friend is tryi g to justify the re release of resident evil on every console but wiiu but he keeps changing his excuses. its quite sad. He says that it is justified to exclude wiih because of wiiu sales.

I point out that wiiu is past x1 in sales and he claims he dunno anything about console sales

Than he claims it is vecause nintendo owners already own the gamecube one and I point out that it is bullcrap.

Finally he admits he doesnt know
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:37 pm

I know! Capcom is run by a bunch of idiots.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:48 pm

-Mazer wrote:My friend is tryi g to justify the re release of resident evil on every console but wiiu but he keeps changing his excuses. its quite sad. He says that it is justified to exclude wiih because of wiiu sales.

I point out that wiiu is past x1 in sales and he claims he dunno anything about console sales

Than he claims it is vecause nintendo owners already own the gamecube one and I point out that it is bullcrap.

Finally he admits he doesnt know
YOU'VE DEFEATED YOUR FRIEND!
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:49 pm

God. He is frustrating. Seriously, goto my FB and look at the argument. All I said was that this is the era of re-makes and re-releases and he starts going in circles about this useless capcom crap.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next