Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XLII: SMASH BROS. LEAK CONFIRMED REAL!

+9
Bearhugger29
Lux
Squirrel500
-Mazer
LegendX48
smirkytrick
Cybersix
Justin
TensePsychopath
13 posters

Page 16 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XLII: SMASH BROS. LEAK CONFIRMED REAL! - Page 16 Empty Re: Gen Chat XLII: SMASH BROS. LEAK CONFIRMED REAL!

Post by Cybersix Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XLII: SMASH BROS. LEAK CONFIRMED REAL! - Page 16 Empty Re: Gen Chat XLII: SMASH BROS. LEAK CONFIRMED REAL!

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:10 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Mojong probably considered a WiiU version of Mincraft at one point, but probably got offers from Microsoft shortly after their Sony announcement.
But that came long after they had a chance to port it to the Wii U. I have been wanting to see it come to the Wii U since that thing came out, and unlike most people here I think Minecraft is a great game. I have had $20 sitting aside simply waiting for the taking if Mojang would just put it on the Wii U.

My main complaint about Microsoft buying it however stems from the fact I hate "Bought" exclusivity. I find it to be unethical and illogical. If Microsoft had helped in the creation of Minecraft from its conception i could understand, however Minecraft has already come to every system (Except the Wii U, which still irritates me) so becoming an exclusive at this point would be a slap in the face to fans of the series who play it on the i-phone/PS3/PS4. Sure it makes perfect business sense I suppose (Though 2 Billion seems like a very steep sum to pay, eroding my confidence in that)
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:02 am

Welp, I killed the thread again. Here, have a cat picture!

Gen Chat XLII: SMASH BROS. LEAK CONFIRMED REAL! - Page 16 Odsebgqpxadfqli3nabc
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:04 am

Why are you singling out MS for buying studios like that? Companies do it all the time. Companies buy exclusivity all the time. Why is MS doing it this one time so horrible/different? I'm just confused because this is the first time I'm seeing this argument here even though companies have been bought before.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:24 am

Darth Luna wrote:Why are you singling out MS for buying studios like that? Companies do it all the time. Companies buy exclusivity all the time. Why is MS doing it this one time so horrible/different? I'm just confused because this is the first time I'm seeing this argument here even though companies have been bought before.
because Minecraft
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:31 am

My argument is by no means limited to Microsoft, they just happen to be on my shit list as of late.

ALSO: My rough draft for my review is finished! would any of you mind giving some feedback/proof reading?

Spoiler:
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:34 am

Hypothetical, then. If Nintendo really wants Minecraft and they instead decide to buy Mojang to not just finally get the game, but get exclusivity, what would you say?
I know what I would, good for them.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:35 am

While I would be happy that the game was finally on the system, I would not approve of its exclusivity. It simply goes against the ethics I believe in.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:37 am

Ethics? So you don't like companies buying each other out?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:53 am

Gen Chat XLII: SMASH BROS. LEAK CONFIRMED REAL! - Page 16 Tumblr_nbpznihmuo1tqfsczo1_1280
THE LORD AND SAVIOR HAS RISEN TO LAY WASTE
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:50 am

Lux wrote:Gen Chat XLII: SMASH BROS. LEAK CONFIRMED REAL! - Page 16 Tumblr_nbpznihmuo1tqfsczo1_1280
IT'S PIKACHU!!!!
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:02 am

smirkytrick wrote:
Lux wrote:Gen Chat XLII: SMASH BROS. LEAK CONFIRMED REAL! - Page 16 Tumblr_nbpznihmuo1tqfsczo1_1280
IT'S PIKACHU!!!!
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:55 am

For anyone who wants to see Smash Bros. leaks here's the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama

FOR MAZER:
Spoiler:
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:32 am

TensePsychopath wrote:For anyone who wants to see Smash Bros. leaks here's the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama

FOR MAZER:
Spoiler:
This guy kinda sucks. XD
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:39 am

Lux wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:For anyone who wants to see Smash Bros. leaks here's the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama

FOR MAZER:
Spoiler:
This guy kinda sucks. XD

He's fucking terrible, he lost to you-know-who about 4 times.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:01 am

Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:04 am

Spoiler:

EDIT: THREE times smh
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:13 am

TensePsychopath wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:15 am

Lux wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:18 am

TensePsychopath wrote:
Lux wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Nope.
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:54 am

FOR MAZER AGAIN:
Spoiler:
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:43 am

I am going to meet Roddy Roddy Piper....and ron jeremy. Omg
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:43 am

Darth Luna wrote:Ethics? So you don't like companies buying each other out?
Context my friend.  If a third party publisher bought out another 3rd party publisher I would not mind, as all of there content would still be freely available on all systems.  By contrast if a first party company buys out a 3rd party I would be very annoyed; as any games that were once multiplatform or any chance of them happening again would be gone in a puff of smoke. (Save for copies that already exist)  This is why, for example; even though I would like to see Nintendo or Sony buy up (Namely, straiten out) Capcom,  I am ultimately against it because Capcoms IP's would become exclusive to one system or the other.   Microsoft buying Mojang is simply an active example of this kind of thing.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Koenig wrote:Context my friend.  If a third party publisher bought out another 3rd party publisher I would not mind, as all of there content would still be freely available on all systems.  By contrast if a first party company buys out a 3rd party I would be very annoyed; as any games that were once multiplatform or any chance of them happening again would be gone in a puff of smoke. (Save for copies that already exist)  This is why, for example; even though I would like to see Nintendo or Sony buy up (Namely, straiten out) Capcom,  I am ultimately against it because Capcoms IP's would become exclusive to one system or the other.   Microsoft buying Mojang is simply an active example of this kind of thing.
Ah ok, that makes more sense now. Initially it sounded like you were singling out MS just based on the current state of affairs.
Anyhow, I'm inclined to agree with you, except when it comes to EA, Activision or Ubisoft. I'd rather have any of the first party publishers buy someone than those three. In fact, I still lament that MS didn't buy BioWare/Pandemic back in the day. I'm not sure how much more trustworthy MS would have been, but seeing what EA has done, and the fact that BioWare was pretty much making games exclusively for 360 anyway, I would have preferred that. Still, with the way MS has gone, you never know if EA was just the lesser of two evils.....I doubt it, since they're my most hated gaming company right now.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:30 pm

Mojang only made one game, so good on Markus for getting that amount of money. They could just quit and make a new studio with that money.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next