Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenChat VLV: New Skinz! Time to get naked

+10
Cybersix
Lux
Ochi
ColumbianLoom
Bearhugger29
Justin
LegendX48
Lunacy
Koenig
smirkytrick
14 posters

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

GenChat VLV: New Skinz! Time to get naked - Page 9 Empty Re: GenChat VLV: New Skinz! Time to get naked

Post by Lunacy Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:43 pm

Sorry, I should have used bold text for that instead of caps. Just that I was trying to accentuate that point. The Civil Rights movement had to start as protesting in order to get the dialogue with those in power.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

GenChat VLV: New Skinz! Time to get naked - Page 9 Empty Re: GenChat VLV: New Skinz! Time to get naked

Post by Koenig Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Point made. Personally I don't see protests as an efficient means of changing something; a catalyst perhaps, but not a cure. But to each there own.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Well the point of them is to get attention to ones cause. Dialogue with those in power, who are treating people unfairly, isn't gonna be as easy as just going up to them and asking for an audience.

The case here, similarly to back then, is discrimination from the government. If the government is discriminating against you, they aren't gonna listen to you if you ask nicely in an office to begin with. You'll need to get attention to even begin to have the dialogue for change.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:28 pm

GenChat VLV: New Skinz! Time to get naked - Page 9 OHbifJP
:3
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:10 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
Koenig wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:Ferguson cop who killed a black guy was not indicted. People started protesting and violence broke out.
I have never seen the point of public protests.  I value free speech, but protests achieve nothing but to destabilize society and cause property damage.  There is nothing more ignorant than a mob of angry people, save for the internet.
So the civil rights movement was a big waste of time and nothing but a detriment to the country?

There is a difference between protests from the 60s to the protests of today. While a lot of them are generally for the greater good, a majority of protests have been manipulated and twisted by anarchists, looters, and freeloaders. Take, for example, the 99% movement where all those people camped out in the parks in Los Angeles. Only a tiny % were actual demostrators with something to say while the others were a bunch of jackasses who polluted the area, kept demanding things such as free housing, for banks to be shut down completely, and demanding money from the rich. Several instances of these idiots were shown demanding free meals, drinks, and even sleeping bags and tents from nearby stores and anyone who denied them got harassed and vanadlised.

The ordeal was so out of control thanks to these idiots, the parks were deamed Biological waste zones because these people would just piss and poop everywhere when they weren't given portapotties like they demanded (for free). It's disgusting and a lot of these protests are ending up the same way.

In Fergurson I watched Autozones and family-owned businesses get burned to the ground. These protestors/rioters just ruined the lives of innocent people financially all because they used a boy's death as an excuse to tear the city a part.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:18 pm

-Mazer wrote:There is a difference between protests from the 60s to the protests of today. While a lot of them are generally for the greater good, a majority of protests have been manipulated and twisted by anarchists, looters, and freeloaders. Take, for example, the 99% movement where all those people camped out in the parks in Los Angeles. Only a tiny % were actual demostrators with something to say while the others were a bunch of jackasses who polluted the area, kept demanding things such as free housing, for banks to be shut down completely, and demanding money from the rich. Several instances of these idiots were shown demanding free meals, drinks, and even sleeping bags and tents from nearby stores and anyone who denied them got harassed and vanadlised.

The ordeal was so out of control thanks to these idiots, the parks were deamed Biological waste zones because these people would just piss and poop everywhere when they weren't given portapotties like they demanded (for free). It's disgusting and a lot of these protests are ending up the same way.

In Fergurson I watched Autozones and family-owned businesses get burned to the ground. These protestors/rioters just ruined the lives of innocent people financially all because they used a boy's death as an excuse to tear the city a part.
Yeah, I agree, and have lamented the same points. But does that mean that protesting itself is the problem or is it the assholes who are doing the dumb stuff while some people are honestly protesting and trying to make a point. I mentioned the Civil Rights Movement because that's one of the biggest examples of why we should protest. Unless you're gonna say that the people then should not have done that.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Public Protesting works I don't deny that but it needs to last and it needs strong leaders to keep people together throughout.

Personally, I agree more with Jon and Ken on KFI640 - people really need to start protesting off the streets and in the voting booths. Get rid of Everyone. Replace everyone.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:50 pm

I agree with that, the problem is the options for who run things. Both parties are useless and anyone trying to get in from the outside is marginalized when it comes to exposure.
Even someone like Obama, who claimed that he was gonna change things, really didn't go through on many things, or was light handed. There is no mechanism to hold a candidate accountable for their promises when they're in office.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:28 pm

We have a politics section, you guys. :3
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:Anyone else having some serious difficulty completing Smash Bros. for Wii U's Challenges? Sad

Which ones? The Pikachu Lightning one took me about an hour to do.
Survive a minute of Cruel Smash with Luigi, complete Cruel Brawl with 8 k.o's with Lucina, clear classic mode on 9.0 with no customizations, etc.

These are really kicking my ass.

FUck that, fuck all of that. FUCK EVERYTHING!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:01 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:Anyone else having some serious difficulty completing Smash Bros. for Wii U's Challenges? Sad

Survive a minute of Cruel Smash with Luigi, complete Cruel Brawl with 8 k.o's with Lucina, clear classic mode on 9.0 with no customizations, etc.

I'm in the same boat
Those challenges are freaking tough.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:08 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

I'm in the same boat
Those challenges are freaking tough.
I forgot that there was customize. This changes things for me.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:10 pm

All these Black Friday deals and... I can't commit to anything @_@
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:29 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:We have a politics section, you guys. :3

Touche...Justin...touche...

Man, where is the Smash Brothers news? Seriously, when MK8 came out, all of google was lit up with sales and praise and whatnot. Smash is pretty quiet even on the sales front.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:34 pm

LegendX48 wrote:All these Black Friday deals and... I can't commit to anything @_@

Such as? I haven't really seen anything worth it outside of good blu-ray deals.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:36 pm

The Guardians of the Galaxy cassette soundtrack comes out on Black Friday, apparently.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Cybersix wrote:The Guardians of the Galaxy cassette soundtrack comes out on Black Friday, apparently.

I am tempted to get it for collection sake. The movie really did have an amazing soundtrack :3

I I Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm hooked on a feeling Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:54 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Cybersix wrote:The Guardians of the Galaxy cassette soundtrack comes out on Black Friday, apparently.

I am tempted to get it for collection sake. The movie really did have an amazing soundtrack :3

I I Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm hooked on a feeling Very Happy
It's going to be sold at independent record stores for Record Store Day
http://www.recordstoreday.com/
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:56 pm

-Mazer wrote:

Rolling Eyes

-Mazer wrote:Man, where is the Smash Brothers news? Seriously, when MK8 came out, all of google was lit up with sales and praise and whatnot. Smash is pretty quiet even on the sales front.
You're right...
How odd.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:06 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

Rolling Eyes

-Mazer wrote:Man, where is the Smash Brothers news? Seriously, when MK8 came out, all of google was lit up with sales and praise and whatnot. Smash is pretty quiet even on the sales front.
You're right...
How odd.

Seriously. Except for some blurbs about the amiibos....almost ZERO actual updates/news for the game. No sales. No "Wii U system sales skyrocket!" no "Smash Brothers fastest selling game on wiiU!" or anything...

It's...pretty damn dead  news wise...unless everyone is just playing the hell out of it.

Btw, Mega Man is VERY difficult to learn

**Edit**

Cnet reported on the sales but did not forget to make sure the Nintendo "Suffering" isn't brought up.

Super Smash Bros. Wii U, the latest game launch from Nintendo for its newest console, is off to a fast start.

During the three-day period of November 21-23, Nintendo sold 490,000 physical and digital units of Super Smash Bros. Wii U in the US, the company announced Tuesday. That makes it the fastest-selling Wii U game ever in the US market, knocking Mario Kart 8 off that perch.

Nintendo did not disclose sales figures from outside the United States for Super Smash Bros. (Mario Kart 8, meanwhile, sold through 1.2 million copies worldwide in a similar time frame.)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U launched in the US on November 21. The game features a wide range of famous Nintendo characters, including the iconic Mario and Link of the Legend of Zelda franchise fame. Unlike the platforming found in Super Mario Bros. or the kart racing in Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. Wii U is a fighting game.

The success of Super Smash Bros., though, can't offset the trouble Nintendo has run into with this console generation. The company's hardware sales are lagging the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in the US, and investors are increasingly calling on Nintendo to make serious changes as competition gets stronger.

Nintendo's announcement also underscores another problem for the company: the success of third-party titles. Some third-party developers have been focusing their efforts on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One over the last year, arguing that they can get more value from their investment in the other platforms. While that's certainly not the case for all developers, Nintendo's third-party lineup is widely believed to be a bit softer than those on other platforms.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:36 pm

-Mazer wrote:Btw, Mega Man is VERY difficult to learn
But oh so fun to use.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:49 pm

no more assassin's creed logos, lol, like the Harley Quinn stuff though
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Chaos above Assassins Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:17 pm

I love how in Blood Dragon, you use a d20 instead of a rock
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:18 pm

haha I agree XD but assassins can cause chaos lol
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next