Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming

+9
smirkytrick
-Mazer
Koenig
TensePsychopath
ColumbianLoom
Squirrel500
Bearhugger29
Cybersix
Ochi
13 posters

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming - Page 9 Empty Re: GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming

Post by Koenig Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:52 pm

The delay was to accommodate Microsofts archaic policy which requires that any multi-platform game to be released on their system (360) must be released at the same time.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming - Page 9 Empty Re: GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming

Post by -Mazer Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:11 pm

It's idiotic. And I cannot believe They keep blaming Ninty fans for not buying broken crap games.

@ Tense

It did?!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:20 pm

-Mazer wrote:It's idiotic. And I cannot believe They keep blaming Ninty fans for not buying broken crap games.

@ Tense

It did?!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/12/18/theater-chains-opting-not-to-show-the-interview?abthid=549223dba5b0daff0700003b

Terrorists win.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Most third parties are a bunch of twats. Business men know statistics but fail to understand the logic behind them.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:30 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:
-Mazer wrote:It's idiotic. And I cannot believe They keep blaming Ninty fans for not buying broken crap games.

@ Tense

It did?!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/12/18/theater-chains-opting-not-to-show-the-interview?abthid=549223dba5b0daff0700003b

Terrorists win.

I can understand theaters not wanting to show it, but at least release the movie online!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:33 pm

with a company like ubisoft, it's not really the same people working on different franchises, they have a team for Rayman, a Team for Far Cry, and a Team for Ass Creed. All of them separate in order to get more work done. The team behind ass creed is really the one at fault here, not necessary all of ubisoft, although I imagine that someone did in fact approved their poor decisions.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:41 pm

smirkytrick wrote:with a company like ubisoft, it's not really the same people working on different franchises, they have a team for Rayman, a Team for Far Cry, and a Team for Ass Creed. All of them separate in order to get more work done. The team behind ass creed is really the one at fault here, not necessary all of ubisoft, although I imagine that someone did in fact approved their poor decisions.

Ubisoft is completely at fault. They are the ones who keep pushing the games out. They are the ones who are responsible to make sure the product is 100% complete. They are the ones who decide to delay games despite them being finished.

The teams make the game but it is the company and their bosses who hold responsibility for the games end result.

If I did a half-ass job on repacking a box, I can guarentee that my boss would force me to fix it before letting it get delivered. They are the same way.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:44 pm

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:49 pm

*shakes head*
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Speaking of crappy gaming...Have you seen the prices for these Season Passes now? I think Advance Warfare was about 40$!!!!!!!!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:07 pm

-Mazer wrote:*adds ubisoft  to his list of devs never buying from again
But...but... Child of Light! Rayman Legends!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:15 pm

-Mazer wrote:Speaking of crappy gaming...Have you seen the prices for these Season Passes now? I think Advance Warfare was about 40$!!!!!!!!
nah, its $50 ._.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:26 pm

-Mazer wrote:Speaking of crappy gaming...Have you seen the prices for these Season Passes now? I think Advance Warfare was about 40$!!!!!!!!
welp, if there's one thing that we can agree on, $40 season passes are dumb.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:35 pm

LegendX48 wrote:

Maybe Rayman as a gift to the woman. She loves the music levels.

But nope. They are dead to me along with Capcom.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:38 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

Now that's a bit unfair to the other franchises. Capcom, I can understand because they do that with all their franchises, but ubisoft treats the other franchises fairly. You shouldn't exile the other franchises just because of that one franchise, to me the Ass Creed franchise is dead, not Ubisoft.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:53 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
nah, its $50 ._.

Gross.
-Mazer wrote:They are dead to me along with Capcom.
Capcom's made terrible decisions for sure.
... But I find myself coming back to Monster Hunter.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:24 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Squirrel500 wrote:so I ordered Legend of Dragoon on Friday and it was already here today yay!!! ^_^

The PS1 game? How much?

I got a used copy in great shape, it was under $20
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:53 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

Now that's a bit unfair to the other franchises. Capcom, I can understand because they do that with all their franchises, but ubisoft treats the other franchises fairly. You shouldn't exile the other franchises just because of that one franchise, to me the Ass Creed franchise is dead, not Ubisoft.

What other franchises?

Watch Dogs? Nope

Rayman? Never played them (but will get legends for the woman) and besides they treated their Rayman team like dirt with that delay.

Far Cry? I only liked 3. Not missing much on 4 right now as it is a buggy mess on PC. Plus they were selling/advertising the DLC MONTHS before the games launch. I don't tolerate that crap anymore

Child of Light? They published it but I still have no real interest.

Why give them more money when their choices as a company piss me off as a whole?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:41 am

Darth Luna wrote:After the performance issues I had with Far Cry 3 on pc, I agree with you.
Really? It ran flawless for me. 60fps on max.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:03 am

I couldn't go half an hour without it crashing to desktop. It was a fucking chore to finish due to that.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:09 am

Just saw the new Hobbit Movie. My rating: 3/5.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:10 am

What's your background (i.e. big fan of the series and does that affect your opinion)?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:15 am

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

What other franchises?

Watch Dogs? Nope

Rayman? Never played them (but will get legends for the woman) and besides they treated their Rayman team like dirt with that delay.

Far Cry? I only liked 3. Not missing much on 4 right now as it is a buggy mess on PC. Plus they were selling/advertising  the DLC MONTHS before the games launch. I don't tolerate that crap anymore

Child of Light? They published it but I still have no real interest.

Why give them more money when their choices as a company piss me off as a whole?
There's also Beyond Good and Evil, which was critically praised.

Yes Ubisoft is making poor choices, but they do make some good games, if the ass creed franchise is dead to you, I would understand. Trust me, that franchise was dead to me after 3. But just because one franchise betrayed you doesn't mean all of them will. I'm just saying it's unfair that you would exclude games like Beyond Good and Evil, and Rayman Legends, just because of what Ubi did with Ass Creed.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 am

My background is that I am a fan of the movies, but could care less about the series as a whole. I read some of the books (And by some I mean half of the hobbit before I grew bored)

My complaints with the movie are mostly with the movie itself and has little to do with the source material; granted most of the disappointments come from new content that never felt wrapped up.

My biggest complaint of the movie is that it left a lot of negative space unfilled. I have no problem with a film adding new characters and story archs, but the least you can do is finish them proper. I know the Return of the King got a lot of flak for having to many endings, but the Five Armies would have been much better with a more substantial epilogue. Granted they are probably saving that for the "Collectors" bluray/dvd edition of the film, but that does nothing for my opinion of the theatrical version.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:23 am

Ah I see, that's an interesting impression. I plan on going to see it with friends, but I've never been a fan of the series or movies. I just treat it as something fun to go and watch.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next