Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming

+9
smirkytrick
-Mazer
Koenig
TensePsychopath
ColumbianLoom
Squirrel500
Bearhugger29
Cybersix
Ochi
13 posters

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming - Page 10 Empty Re: GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming

Post by Cybersix Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:26 am

Darth Luna wrote:I couldn't go half an hour without it crashing to desktop. It was a fucking chore to finish due to that.
Aww :c
Sorry to hear that
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming - Page 10 Empty Re: GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming

Post by Koenig Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:27 am

To summarize my overall opinion in a nutshell, not counting this inclusion of a proper epilogue, the movie should have ended 15 minutes in.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:28 am

@cyber6 I finished it because I enjoyed the game so much, but damn did it piss me off. I'll only play ubi games on consoles now. I don't plan on buying any.

@koenig lol
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:31 am

Darth Luna wrote:I don't plan on buying any.
Same.
I was cautiously excited for Far Cry 4 after what I seen happened Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed: Unity. Then when Far Cry 4 was revealed to be banjaxed, I just gave up. Probably won't buy for a long while.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:33 am

How does it perform on consoles?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:34 am

I have no idea, that's how much I care for it at this point.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:39 am

Lol, I suppose I feel the same.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:41 am

Darth Luna wrote:

@koenig lol
I am actually serious. The movie never manages to top the first few minutes; The rest of the movie is simply overshadowed by it.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:45 am

smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:*adds ubisoft to his list of devs never buying from again
But...but... Child of Light! Rayman Legends!

Maybe Rayman as a gift to the woman. She loves the music levels.

But nope. They are dead to me along with Capcom.
Now that's a bit unfair to the other franchises. Capcom, I can understand because they do that with all their franchises, but ubisoft treats the other franchises fairly. You shouldn't exile the other franchises just because of that one franchise, to me the Ass Creed franchise is dead, not Ubisoft.

What other franchises?

Watch Dogs? Nope

Rayman? Never played them (but will get legends for the woman) and besides they treated their Rayman team like dirt with that delay.

Far Cry? I only liked 3. Not missing much on 4 right now as it is a buggy mess on PC. Plus they were selling/advertising the DLC MONTHS before the games launch. I don't tolerate that crap anymore

Child of Light? They published it but I still have no real interest.

Why give them more money when their choices as a company piss me off as a whole?
There's also Beyond Good and Evil, which was critically praised.

Yes Ubisoft is making poor choices, but they do make some good games, if the ass creed franchise is dead to you, I would understand. Trust me, that franchise was dead to me after 3. But just because one franchise betrayed you doesn't mean all of them will. I'm just saying it's unfair that you would exclude games like Beyond Good and Evil, and Rayman Legends, just because of what Ubi did with Ass Creed.

And when is the last time they made one a new Beyond Good and Evil?

And I am not even bringing up Ass Creed. I'm talking about everything. Them gimping Wii U games and blaming the fans for no sales. Delaying Watch Dogs after constantly saying it was to use the Gamepad in amazing new ways only to have it as a map. Delaying Rayman and screwing over the Dev team who WANTED it released when it was supposed too, Far Cry 4 having constant glithces and crashes, the unfinished games, the constant DLC before launching games,

Their PR department is rubbish, they treat their fans like idiots with selling them broken games, and they blame everyone but themselves when things don't work. I REALLY hate how they think Nintendo owners are a bunch of little kids who refuse to buy Ass Creed because "It's a mature game" when it's because we don't buy broken crap.

Again: Far Cry 3 was my game of the year. It wsa something I obsessed about constantly and almost platinumed but it was strictly because of VAAS that got me interested in the game. I didn't give two damns about it until I saw all those awesome live-action Vaas videos. Yes the game itself was also super amazing but I Am not supporting the Vanilla Far Cry 4 when all the interesting crap is sold as DLC BEFORE launch day.

There's no reason for me to continue buying Ubisoft games. I Was only going to get FC4 to Co-op but after seeing all the issues, I said screw it.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:48 am

Koenig wrote:To summarize my overall opinion in a nutshell,  not counting this inclusion of a proper epilogue, the movie should have ended 15 minutes in.

There is only 1 Hobbit movie for me.

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming - Page 10 OB-UK709_smaug1_E_20120904160918
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:48 am

I found a video that explains things a lot better than reading the books.

I knew Tolkein used the old black book for a lot of the backstory in Middle Earth, but that is an understatement.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:58 am

Never read those books...Only saw the animated Hobbit and parts of the other 3
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:03 am

I am sorry to say, as a whole I liked the animated hobbit more than the 3-part movie; though this is mostly because the last movie has left a bad taste in my mouth, had it only been the first two they would have won.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:04 am

*considers the subjects at hand*

*Settles with lurking*
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:06 am

*Pulls Lux out of the shadows*

Come, join us, nitpick and praise to your hearts content.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:37 am

Koenig wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:

@koenig lol
I am actually serious.  The movie never manages to top the first few minutes;  The rest of the movie is simply overshadowed by it.

Agreed. The whole thing felt like the third act of a movie, but stretched out to be a whole movie on its own. And even when it's stretched out as much as that, you still feel completely unsatisfied by the ending.

Spoiler:

These are only some of the problems. I haven't even gone into the fucking love story. Some of the CGI looked atrocious too.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:40 am

^^^Agreed.  I really wanted closure for all the characters and side stories, but next to none of them were ever finished.

As for the CGI, It did not bother me enough to detract from the movie.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:57 am

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming - Page 10 Tumblr_ngf90qw3Zk1rg1nvmo1_1280

*mumbles sadly*
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:04 am

Lux wrote:GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming - Page 10 Tumblr_ngf90qw3Zk1rg1nvmo1_1280

*mumbles sadly*
*dies even more on the inside*
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:24 am

Koenig wrote:
Lux wrote:GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming - Page 10 Tumblr_ngf90qw3Zk1rg1nvmo1_1280

*mumbles sadly*
*dies even more on the inside*
It's possible that whatever they had for the 3DS they're gonna shift to the WiiU, most likely this was due to hardware limitations.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:35 am

Or they could just make a sprite based 2D game and/or a third-person 3d game to please the fans...
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:03 am

*mumbles sadly*
*doesn't even care*
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:49 am

Koenig wrote:As for the CGI, It did not bother me enough to detract from the movie.

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming - Page 10 Brwbwr

Really?
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:01 pm

We are watching a movie about elves, magic, orcs and dwarfs. Realism is not something on my priorities list. It did not bother me.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:08 pm

I'm talking about bad CGI, not realism. It should feel tangible, like Gollum, but everything in The Hobbit is so obviously fake that it takes me out of the film when I'm constantly thinking "that looks bad". LOTR had real dudes in extensive makeup for most of the orcs, and that's one of the main reasons why it blows The Hobbit out of the water. The Hobbit looks and feels like a video game 90% of the time.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next