Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming

+9
smirkytrick
-Mazer
Koenig
TensePsychopath
ColumbianLoom
Squirrel500
Bearhugger29
Cybersix
Ochi
13 posters

Page 31 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming - Page 31 Empty Re: GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming

Post by Justin Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:23 pm

-Mazer wrote:I doubt that. Nothing is stopping them from making current gen only games and those few current gen only games are suffering rather badly or are just average.
I've clearly lost this debate, but I'll scoff at you and say, "you'll never understand!", and take my leave.
Razz
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming - Page 31 Empty Re: GenChat VLVI: Mazer Keeps Screaming

Post by Lux Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:09 am

*Grumbles angrily about how uncooperative this Huion tablet's driver is*
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:40 am

-Mazer wrote:Nope. They have another 2 years worth of games for them :3
yeah, they were 2011 and 2012. They are corpses being dragged along because money, money, money and money in spite of the fact that all this irritating cross gen shit sells more on current gen anyway.

-Mazer wrote:I doubt that. Nothing is stopping them from making current gen only games and those few current gen only games are suffering rather badly or are just average.
Unless they're Ubisoft, all of these current gen games are just fine, or fine as can be considering the transitional period going on still.

That aside, the industry's in a fucking stand still, no one wants to move forward and all of this shit with cross gen and dragging corpses along the road because of numbers is isn't helping anyone. Everyone being content while being actively aware that they are getting the lesser versions of games lately is baffling.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:51 am

Consoles in general are holding back games.
*gets shoved out of room for starting PC Elitist talk*
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:18 am

LegendX48 wrote:I keep forgetting you have the Xbone >.>
*shuns Luna for playing the Xbox One*
Spoiler:
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:21 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:22 am

Cybersix wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:27 am

Cybersix wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't own an xbone, have let alone played one....I haven't even held the controller for it yet. :/
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:53 am

Darth Luna wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't own an xbone, have let alone played one....I haven't even held the controller for it yet. :/
*continues to shun*
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:04 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:Consoles in general are holding back games.
*gets shoved out of room for starting PC Elitist talk*

nah, only last gen is painfully holding gaming back. They're being dragged kicking and screaming now because reasons

Cybersix wrote:
Spoiler:
I actually meant Tense >.>
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:20 am

Lux wrote:*Grumbles angrily about how uncooperative this Huion tablet's driver is*
*screams like a little girl then chokes on his post-sick cough as he gets it to work*
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:35 am

I'm not sure what exactly people are expecting from current gen. All that's going to happen when everything goes fully current gen is slightly better visuals/performance. Games aren't suddenly going to become more innovative, they're mostly going to stay as stale as they have been for years.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:24 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:I'm not sure what exactly people are expecting from current gen. All that's going to happen when everything goes fully current gen is slightly better visuals/performance.
Sub 720p upscaled to 1080p & 15-30 fps to native 1080p at 60fps is not simply a "slightly better performance." It's quite a big leap.
This is only talking about games that are compared, like ports. Games trying to promote graphical visuals will likely fall down to 720p-sub 1080p@30fps, because even though it's a big jump compared to 360/ps3, it's still not quite there, yet.

TensePsychopath wrote:Games aren't suddenly going to become more innovative, they're mostly going to stay as stale as they have been for years.
That's true.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:36 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:I'm not sure what exactly people are expecting from current gen. All that's going to happen when everything goes fully current gen is slightly better visuals/performance. Games aren't suddenly going to become more innovative, they're mostly going to stay as stale as they have been for years.
the bar needs to be raised and that's not happening fast enough because people refuse to let last gen go.

Its time passed two years ago, its time to start making progress.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:12 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
Spoiler:
I actually meant Tense >.>
*unshuns Luna*
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:32 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:I'm not sure what exactly people are expecting from current gen. All that's going to happen when everything goes fully current gen is slightly better visuals/performance. Games aren't suddenly going to become more innovative, they're mostly going to stay as stale as they have been for years.
the bar needs to be raised and that's not happening fast enough because people refuse to let last gen go.

Maybe people just don't care about visuals that much? I certainly don't. The best gaming experiences I've had in the last two years had mediocre to bad graphics and I didn't even care.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:31 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

Maybe people just don't care about visuals that much? I certainly don't. The best gaming experiences I've had in the last two years had mediocre to bad graphics and I didn't even care.
idk, its more that they don't want to move on period that's the problem. Its time for last gen to stop holding everyone back
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Watching 18 hours of anime strait...not...good...for...e-eyes...
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:48 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:

Maybe people just don't care about visuals that much?
I have no idea what gamers care about. Strange, fickle people...
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:07 pm

*starts recording video for TWD walkthrough that no one on youtube will watch anyways*
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:53 am

LegendX48 wrote:

Yeah. No. It's not the consumer's fault. It's the companies. I would like to point out that Nintendo jumped to their new system and dropped the Wii almost instantly. Not only that, they embraced the new gen nearly flawlessly - 1080p games, 60 fps huge levels, amazing visuals, free online, affordable virtual games...they are kicking so much ass whereas the "powerhouses" still struggle.

And those few "Next-gen" only games have been struggling. From lawsuits from games not being presented as they way they were advertised, broken games (That PS4 driving game)...I mean come on. consumers aren't demanded PS3 games all the time anymore. Hell, even I'm not (though I wand D4 on at the least PC) but the blame lies - as per usual - on the developers.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:01 am

TensePsychopath wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

I am tired of graphics crap. While yes, I do love a great looking game (hence why I spent a lot of time modding Skyrim to push the limits), I am very tired of people using hardware to make more browns and grays looking "prettier"

This gen should be about AI, it should be about massive worlds, psychics, breaking the mold in how we play games, or at the very least presenting us with smoother gameplay.

Looking at Bayonetta 1 vs 2 is like night and day and we can easily see the difference of the last gen version vs the new one. 60fps, sharper image quality, brighter colors, more chaos on screen at one time, larger scaled boss battles at intense jaw-shattering speed. It's a true sequel.

Yet you got people buying these "HD" remakes for the "next gen" systems with little to no upgrades or fixes to control schemes or issues with games and all that proves to the developers is that people just want a quick paint job to be happy.

So what do publishers/developers do? Focus on those idiots instead of pushing innovation in games. This is why the Indie/Smaller studio crowd is so much better.

HELL look at Devil's Third.

it may not be graphically amazing but it is a lot more fresh then half the crap we've seen come out recently. FPS with ninjas, fully customizable costumes/armor? Shooting AnD sword play with insane over the top styles, weapons, and action on a COD level of MP (in theory)

AND IT HAS IT'S OWN MP LEVEL EDITOR! Dude, this is amazing. Not to mention it has Assassin's Creed style building climbing as you fight to expand your field of battle, and you can actually command squadmates to help you in the SP game.

So it's a 3rd person hack n slash, first person shooter, assassin's creed climbing, level editing game with fully customizable costumes, with machetes and katanas, machine guns and rocket launchers with soldiers and ninjas...

Give me that any day!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:19 pm

-Mazer wrote:This gen should be about AI, it should be about massive worlds, psychics, breaking the mold in how we play games, or at the very least presenting us with smoother gameplay.
I wish...
Especially now since the PS4/XBOne literally have no graphical potential now. We can't push graphics like how a PC can... Not at all.

-Mazer wrote:Yet you got people buying these "HD" remakes for the "next gen" systems with little to no upgrades or fixes to control schemes or issues with games and all that proves to the developers is that people just want a quick paint job to be happy.
That reminds me...
I WAS gonna get that Tales of Symphonia HD collection, but the game runs in 30 frames per second just like the ps2 version of Symphonia... which is sad.

-Mazer wrote:look at Devil's Third.

it may not be graphically amazing but it is a lot more fresh then half the crap we've seen come out recently. FPS with ninjas, fully customizable costumes/armor? Shooting AnD sword play with insane over the top styles, weapons, and action on a COD level of MP (in theory)

AND IT HAS IT'S OWN MP LEVEL EDITOR! Dude, this is amazing. Not to mention it has Assassin's Creed style building climbing as you fight to expand your field of battle, and you can actually command squadmates to help you in the SP game.

So it's a 3rd person hack n slash, first person shooter, assassin's creed climbing, level editing game with fully customizable costumes, with machetes and katanas, machine guns and rocket launchers with soldiers and ninjas...

Give me that any day!
Looking forward to that game.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:30 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

Yeah. No. It's not the consumer's fault. It's the companies. I would like to point out that Nintendo jumped to their new system and dropped the Wii almost instantly. Not only that, they embraced the new gen nearly flawlessly - 1080p games, 60 fps huge levels, amazing visuals, free online, affordable virtual games...they are kicking so much ass whereas the "powerhouses" still struggle.

And those few "Next-gen" only games have been struggling. From lawsuits from games not being presented as they way they were advertised, broken games (That PS4 driving game)...I mean come on. consumers aren't demanded PS3 games all the time anymore. Hell, even I'm not (though I wand D4 on at the least PC) but the blame lies - as per usual - on the developers.
its both community and developers. Last gen needs to be completely abandoned, end of story, I'm glad Nintendo had the common sense to move on when the wii u came out, I just wish others would do the same already.

Drive Club I can't really speak for, weather not being in, the game ran perfect when I played it o_O but most everything else (Ubisoft excluded) has been doing just fine, as fine as the transition from last gen architecture to new gen architecture can be this early anyway.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:I got Bioshock infinite season pass and Saints Row IV.

nice I got bioshock infinite just haven't played it yet

Its an okay game. Better then the first two but that's not saying much.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next