Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata

+9
TensePsychopath
Lunacy
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
Lux
Cybersix
Koenig
-Mazer
13 posters

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata - Page 8 Empty Re: Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata

Post by Lunacy Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata - Page 8 Empty Re: Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:38 pm

BAD LEGEND
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Google Plus
Linkedin
Pinterest
Email
Print

Facebook Inc,Twitter Inc Are Becoming Primary News Sources For Users & National Bank Of Greece: Greek Bailout On The Rocks, IMF Intervenes
National Bank Of Greece: Alexis Tsipras To Face The Wrath Of Greek MPs & Facebook Inc Takes On Apple Inc With Virtual Assistant Technology
Hummer Poses Fire Hazard, General Motors Issues Worldwide Recalls

Technology
Does Splatoon Manage To Hold With Time?
Is Nintendo’s latest IP still fun? Bidness Etc discusses

Does Splatoon Manage To Hold With Time?

NTDOY

By: Martin Blanc

Published: Jul 14, 2015 at 6:28 am EST

It’s been more than one month since Nintendo Co., Ltd. (ADR) (OTCMKTS:NTDOY) launched its new IP, Splatoon. Splatoon is a PvP game, which puts users in the shoes of young inklings that go around shooting paint, either to win specific matches or to complete campaigns. It is a shooter designed for young kids and adults alike, one which does a few things out of the norm, such as ignoring public voice chat.

It is a tactical game which requires users to plan their moves; it has a fun little campaign that messes things up for the good. Splatoon was expected to be the big break for Nintendo and the Wii U, as it was an exclusive title published by Nintendo. So, does it hold after all this time?

The answer to that is yes. Although Splatoon isn’t a perfect game, neither is it one that would drive console sales. But it is a great game to have fun and share some laughs. Splatoon’s main problem comes from the lack of gameplay modes present in the game.

The campaign consists of 20 rather short levels, each one with the same aim of rescuing the zap fish. There are amazing moments in the game, but there are also times when the game comes off as bland. The good thing about the campaign is that it is not a measly effort from the developer. Splatoon was always intended to be a multi-player game; many fans weren’t even expecting single-player to be a part of this game. However, the developer has provided diversified missions for people looking for single-player experiences. There are some canny resemblances to the Super Mario 3D series every now and then, as the campaign follows the traditional Nintendo-esque platform.

Splatoon also offers a lot of customization options for the inklings. Every now and then, the game rewards players with bonuses or customizable gear. Some of these bonuses can really help in the course of the action, such as offering the player a faster re-spawn time.

Coming to the main element of Splatoon, the multi-player seemed like a cool idea initially; however, it has worn down as time passed. It isn’t as rewarding or as addicting as many of the other online games present at this point in time. Splatoon’s basic multi-player mode, “Turf Wars,” pits a team of four players against one another, with the winner being awarded on the basis of whichever team covers more ground with ink. The player can use the normal gun or a roller to effectively ink the ground. This requires a lot of strategy and has great replay ability value.

The main problem with Splatoon’s multi-player is the lack of depth; even the maps are very few compared to modern-day shooters. Unfortunately, the developer has done no efforts thus far to add new maps to increase replay ability of the game. The lack of public voice chat has also turned out to be a bad idea, as it discourages any type of team discussion during some intense battles.

Splatoon is a great idea, and it delivers on almost all fronts — even more than a month later. However, Nintendo is offering little reason to keep fans hooked to this game. The lack of maps and modes will take a huge toll if Nintendo doesn’t address this issue quickly.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:44 pm

Mazer's on his crusade again.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Has nothing to do with rage. It's the fact this guy obviously made an article that has 100% false information.

Also, Koenig - referring back to our discussion about the WiiU. This is the primary reason I feel the Miiverse outclasses what X1 and PS4 has in terms of a "community"

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/57285/20150715/splatoon-wii-u-miiverse-death-nintendo-satoru-iwata-sketches.htm
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:25 pm

It looks less like false information but a confusion between depth and complexity.
(Madatory link)
Spoiler:

In regards to Mii verse-I do see potential in the post sharing feature in game; in fact more games should be built around it. That said, as a service (IE the Mii Verse menu itself) I find it very lackluster and boring.

A secondary but somewhat related gripe: I hate how whenever you are promted for text information almost every Wii game pops up the generic keyboard. it really takes me out of the game when I see that bland text box. Granted, I know it makes it a lot easier on developers to use a generic feature, but it a missed opportunity. This is not a complaint against the Wii U, but rather the developers who have wasted that potential; though in regards to mii verse it is something that bugs me and makes me shy away from using it in game.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:27 pm

Oh like entering a name in game and having that blank screen?

I agree. Having the keyboard resemble the game's design would be bad ass. Like glyphs and stuff would be wicked :)

And it is false information. He straight out states that Nintendo has not provided new maps since the game's launch O.o (article is less than a week old) not to mention mentions nothing of Ranked matches or Splatfest (iirc)

And only reason I still post articles is because this place gets stupid dead and I want to at least get something getting convos started.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:30 pm

Convo started then:  Mind having a NX discussion/speculation/worry fest?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:35 pm

Also random question about the site: Is there any way to make it such that new posts make a *Ping* sound if I have the page open? I want to participate more often so I leave my tab open here when I am online, however I tab to other things in the mean time and often miss posts until a half hour or more later.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:50 pm

that...I don't know, honestly. I will need to google it Sad

NX eh? I honestly don't know. I mean, I imagine it will be more 3rd party friendly. They said it should still have access to Wiiu games also and that it will act as some kind of go-between for the 3DS...

These guys are really random...it could be some console that lets you play 3DS games and mobile games on it - some kind of weird hybrid of the two...or just a strong new system that lets you do much more than just console gaming on it...

You?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:50 pm

Luna wrote:.....

-Mazer wrote:BAD LEGEND

I REGRET NOTHING
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:56 pm

Testing sound notification
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:57 pm

SOMEONE POST SO I CAN TEST
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:02 pm

-Mazer wrote:that...I don't know, honestly. I will need to google it Sad

NX eh? I honestly don't know. I mean, I imagine it will be more 3rd party friendly. They said it should still have access to Wiiu games also and that it will act as some kind of go-between for the 3DS...

These guys are really random...it could be some console that lets you play 3DS games and mobile games on it - some kind of weird hybrid of the two...or just a strong new system that lets you do much more than just console gaming on it...

You?
I am...worried about the NX. At this point it could be anything and speculation is rampant.
(here is a link to a thread with some information and a lot of speculation)
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/threads/nx-official-thread-of-waiting-news-rumors-and-discussion.3428/

But essentially we know that it will be using some kind of hybrid/unified hardware. This could mean backwards compatibility/handheld compatibilty; maybe scalable games, a variant of "farcasting", etc. I honestly just hope it is a system that can play hand held game in addition to its own console versions, as anything more would probably be to complex for my taste or the market.

Onto the next topic, I am worried about the controller. Iwata, Miyamoto, and Takeda all pushed for new designs in recents years, and while I love innovation, I would much rather see an improved/enhanced pro controller as a standard rather than another redsign of the wheel.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:03 pm

Side note: Ill be on and off for a bit- Playing Monster Hunter with a friend.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Np...I think I may have notification but I need to test some things..

do you all have a new Toolbar on the top of screen?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:04 pm

test
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:05 pm

I see it. What does it do?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:18 pm

is anyone here name monserrate.brasil on skype?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Not me.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:33 pm

-Mazer wrote:Np...I think I may have notification but I need to test some things..

do you all have a new Toolbar on the top of screen?
Yes
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:33 pm

nope. someone post again quickly please?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:37 pm

Meep.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:58 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Splata-tapa-tapa

Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata - Page 8 Splatoon1
nothing but dirty thoughts here.
hawt
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:03 am

Ok. Notifications work if you watch the topic. You can edit your notifications for strictly the toolbar. Not sure if you can hear a sound tho yet
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next