Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official NX Thread

+2
LegendX48
Justin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Official NX Thread Empty The Official NX Thread

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:59 pm

The Official NX Thread Maxresdefault
I thought I might as well make the thread so we can have a place where we can post rumors, news, our hopes and worries, etc.

And Mazer if you want to move it to Why So Media, you can.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

The Official NX Thread Empty Re: The Official NX Thread

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Nintendo’s Wii U has sold so poorly over the past three years that the company has already announced it’s working on a new piece of gaming hardware codenamed NX. While Nintendo has committed itself to silence about the NX until 2016, we’re starting to see hints about what it may entail.

Venturebeat has gotten wind that the device’s processor may be made by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). Not only has the company hinted that it’s working on a processor for a major upcoming device, but AMD also makes the chips that power the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Most analysts believe that for the next Nintendo device to be competitive, it will need similar architecture to its competition so game makers can easily port their games to the NX. The lack of such third-party support is widely cited as a main reason sales of the Wii U have been so sluggish.

If AMD is working on the NX internals, Venturebeat suggests we might see a late 2016 launch for the hardware. That could be good news for Nintendo if the device takes off, but it would be bad news for Wii U buyers who hoped their consoles would be supported for years to come.

Read more: http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/4-new-video-game-rumors-batman-nintendo-nx-and-more.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3gf0datrN

That would make sense if they got AMD on board. All Nintendo needs to do is just make it as powerful as the X1 and PS4 and it'll be just fine.

Though I still do think they'll release it during early 2017.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:33 pm

D:

No one wants to post in here
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:04 pm

If this is a home console it NEEDS to be on par with the competition. NO EXCEPTIONS.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:17 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:D:

No one wants to post in here

I didn't notice it D:

I am very curious what to see. I mean, they have said several times that this is NOT a successor to the Wiiu. I doubt it will be a true "console" in what we are thinking consoles to be.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:17 pm

LegendX48 wrote:If this is a home console it NEEDS to be on par with the competition. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Meh.
Spoiler:
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:56 pm

If that one rumor is true that the NX will be a slightly powerful Wii U in terms of specs, there will be riots.

Then again, Dragon Quest XI NX announcement and FFXIV announcements, *ahem* I mean "considerations", give me hope.

Hopefully Nintendo knows that they need the big boys ready at launch (no exceptions!) because there will probably be a lot of third parties that will see if it can sell well before even trying to mess with it. I know, it's unfair and stupid, but it's the reality Sad
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:04 pm

a slightly stronger wii u is fucking shit.

PS4 and Xbone fucking curb stomp the shit out of the wii u.

Anywho, I have a feeling the NX is a portable, it fits with the usual timing since the 3DS will have been out for 5 years by the time it releases, assuming that 2016 rumor is legit
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:11 pm

LegendX48 wrote:a slightly stronger wii u is fucking shit.

Anywho, I have a feeling the NX is a portable, it fits with the usual timing since the 3DS will have been out for 5 years by the time it releases, assuming that 2016 rumor is legit

They have the power but they sure as hell don't have the games. Outside of Batman and that action RPG with the mechanical animals, neither system offers anything new or unique that catches my attention.

I would say that Power doesn't mean crap as history has proven less powerful consoles have succeeded time and time again but devs rather spend 15 million on "Realistic" graphics instead on things that matter like AI and physics.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:26 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Then again, Dragon Quest XI NX announcement and FFXIV announcements, *ahem* I mean "considerations", give me hope.
Final Fantasy? On a Nintendo Home Console?
This is considered? o.o?
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:32 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:
Final Fantasy? On a Nintendo Home Console?
This is considered? o.o?

Yup Yup.

A few Japanese devs are very interested in the NX...I just wish WE knew what the hell the system is
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:55 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:a slightly stronger wii u is fucking shit.

They have the power but they sure as hell don't have the games. Outside of Batman and that action RPG with the mechanical animals, neither system offers anything new or unique that catches my attention.

I would say that Power doesn't mean crap as history has proven less powerful consoles have succeeded time and time again but devs rather spend 15 million on "Realistic" graphics instead on things that matter like AI and physics.
Not quite. There are very specific reasons why the PS1 and PS2 succeeded in spite of being weaker machines than their competition. iirc, the SNES was in fact stronger than the Genesis.

That aside, no more underpowered consoles!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:51 pm

Genesis was stronger, I think but lacked in music and support to an extent - but not sure if true.

Furthermore - I won't ever join your "underpowered" war until I see developers actually using the power they have to do things better instead of making games pretty.

I want destruction on huge scales
I want AI that makes me keep on my toes and learn (I am sick and tired of bosses who repeat patterns until they expose the same weak spot I hit 5x previously)
I want physics
I want larger more creative worlds

but instead all we get are prettier and prettier games that cost more and more to make but are as generic as the gens before it.

Power means nothing when no one utilizes it.

I find more creative, interesting, and genre bending games on the so called "Weaker" consoles than I do on the huge AAA consoles.

I am also an advocate against "AAA" gaming right now so...yeah.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Mazer, how can you not care about power when the things you want require tons of power @_@

and no, SNES was stronger. Genesis did not have shit on the SNES, look at dat Star Fox and Mode 7 in general along with the Super FX chip (Star Fox used it). Plus, SNES had the better music :p
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:32 pm

Cybersix wrote:Have heard the rumour that the NX may be a digital only console?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-21-nintendo-nx-leak-suggests-it-wont-include-a-disc-drive-report
Uh....
While I prefer downloads, getting rid of discs is a terrible thing to do.
I hope Nintendo isn't stupid enough to go pure digital.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:41 pm

It's Nintendo, you know damn well that they are :\
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:05 pm

LegendX48 wrote:It's Nintendo, you know damn well that they are :\

Ok, I know you always think that Ninty is some caveman bass ackwards company but what evidence do you have AT ALL that they would ever go all digital? "Hurr because they ninty and they backwards" is not an answer. They've been physical longer than the other consoles - only this generation doing digital gaming wheresa others started a generation (or longer) ago Razz

LegendX48 wrote:Mazer, how can you not care about power when the things you want require tons of power @_@

and no, SNES was stronger. Genesis did not have shit on the SNES, look at dat Star Fox and Mode 7 in general along with the Super FX chip (Star Fox used it). Plus, SNES had the better music :p

The FX chip was IN the cartridge. Razz And better music didn't mean stronger system.

I said I will ONLY care about power when devs start doing what I want them to do. Until they stop with the generic crap we've been getting, I don't care how strong a console is.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:14 am

Yoshi's story, despite the art style, was doing some crazy shit that the genesis couldn't as well as DKC.

And examples of Nintendo being retarded are EVERYWHERE!!

amiibo, no proper account system, splatoon missing basic features at launch, pushing for digital without actually providing a console with the storage necessary, etc.

edit: NOT bringing over the superior N3DS, not wanting to localize games that people actively want, etc
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:47 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Yoshi's story, despite the art style, was doing some crazy shit that the genesis couldn't as well as DKC.

And examples of Nintendo being retarded are EVERYWHERE!!

amiibo, no proper account system, splatoon missing basic features at launch, pushing for digital without actually providing a console with the storage necessary, etc.

edit: NOT bringing over the superior N3DS, not wanting to localize games that people actively want, etc

Splatoon was announced to have all those features added down the line so you had plenty of time knowing what you were getting into.

How are they pushing digital?

the N3ds is NOA's fault

Account system is fine (could be better account linked over system link I agree) but people have not lost their games as everyone feared. Nintendo has history of letting people re-download their games if the system acts up Razz
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:58 pm

Does not matter that it was announced for Splatoon, it should have been there, day 0, no exceptions.

There are certain games that you can no longer find physically (OoT 3D for example) that and the entire point of the digital deluxe program thing, or w/e it was called, was to push digital sales.

N3DS is NoA's fault yet Nintendo doesn't seem interested in pushing NoA to do anything.

Account system is not fine. People have lost their games.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:48 am

Nintendo really needs to get their shit together when it comes to collector's edition, that Majora's Mask bullshit was infuriating.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:19 am

^ I completely forgot about those debacles. God, what a fucking shit show all that was. Scalpers first, fans never, only at Nintendo.

you wanna over pay for a 3DS game? No thanks. Go to any local store, if it's anywhere like here, or other places, you likely will not find it but it'll plastered all over the eshop.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Cybersix wrote:Nintendo really needs to get their shit together when it comes to collector's edition, that Majora's Mask bullshit was infuriating.

I agree.

LegendX48 wrote:^ I completely forgot about those debacles. God, what a fucking shit show all that was. Scalpers first, fans never, only at Nintendo.

you wanna over pay for a 3DS game? No thanks. Go to any local store, if it's anywhere like here, or other places, you likely will not find it but it'll plastered all over the eshop.

Doesn't matter. Physical copies exist and are very easy to get.

And of course it's in the eshop. Digital is infinite Razz
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next