Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

+6
zulux21
Justin
Cybersix
smirkytrick
TensePsychopath
Lunacy
10 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 26 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by -Mazer Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:40 pm

*has his hopes and dreams crushed by Zulu
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 26 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:34 am

holy shit

This "Not Anymore" video from CSUN went from being a serious thing about rape/sexual assault to scooby-doo movie training videos

edit:....and I'm a stalker >.>

Last edited by LegendX48 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:55 am

@Mazer: I made a new continent and village to start making a temporary story, and have be gradually filling it with content and mini events. Right now I am working towards having the player arrive on the small island, and repair the bridge and/or boat connecting to the mainland in a 3 part quest. Also tinkering with other ideas and seeding the map with events for later use.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:34 am

LegendX48 wrote:holy shit

This "Not Anymore" video from CSUN went from being a serious thing about rape/sexual assault to scooby-doo movie training videos

That's the one officer, arrest him!
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:04 pm

hmmm.... should I make buttons?

Lunacy wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:holy shit

That's the one officer, arrest him!
you'll never take me alive! *Drives off cliff into wall*
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:06 pm

@Koenig: Remember when I asked you if you could make it to where explosions would go off everywhere when your bomb timer went to Zero?
Well I just did something like that.
Spoiler:
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Room is finally clean again @_@

I can see my floor now and I found a paper with a code for Advance Wars (Wii U VC) from a year (two years?) ago.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:22 pm

I humbly ask everyone share that stream advertisement I posted in the previous page on their social medias. We want a big crowd
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:29 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:@Koenig: Remember when I asked you if you could make it to where explosions would go off everywhere when your bomb timer went to Zero?
Spoiler:
How did you make it work? Parallel events?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:56 am

-Mazer wrote:I humbly ask everyone share that stream advertisement I posted in the previous page on their social medias. We want a big crowd

*repeats for power and glory
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:54 am

Koenig wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:@Koenig: Remember when I asked you if you could make it to where explosions would go off everywhere when your bomb timer went to Zero?
Spoiler:
How did you make it work?  Parallel events?
I used a timer, switch, variable, and a common event for this.

On the event, I have the timer and Switch[bomb] activate.

I also have a bunch of blank events laying around pretty much for explosions to take place.

The common event(Trigger set to Parallel, not auto-run) has the Variable [bomb] adding 1 every 60 frames

These images show what I did to create this:

Spoiler:
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:16 am

I was thinking I could do something like that, but I never bothered since I did not have much in the way of explosions to work with.
PS: Is there a way to have an event that runs for multiple locations? Or do I need to copy it to each new location for it to remain active?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:17 am

COMMON EVENT. It runs in the entire game. I used them for achievmemts
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:23 pm

huh.... did not expect nintendo to announce ultra moon and ultra sun for the 3ds.

would have figured they would have at least made it cross gen with the switch.

seems silly to not release a pokemon game on the switch this fall (aside from the fighting game they are porting)
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:50 pm

-Mazer wrote:
-Mazer wrote:I humbly ask everyone share that stream advertisement I posted in the previous page on their social medias. We want a big crowd

*repeats for power and glory
*donates and shares* I don't think it'll do much, not a lot of people check my posts on facebook or tumblr.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:35 pm

zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:26 pm

get hyped
Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 26 DBqUwmXUAAAzkys
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:39 pm

-Mazer wrote:COMMON EVENT. It runs in the entire game. I used them for achievements
Thanks!  Ill be sure to tinker with the event.  I assume it would also be a good choice to handle music controls? using switches to determine the current location? (IE allow the room to change music depending on the current things happening in the story, using switches, pages, and conditions to trigger the corresponding song and pitch?)

PSS: Is there a way to cause an action triggered event jump to another page of itself?  I am trying to wright some dialogue that has a different answers depending on the quests/switches are turned on at the time; and the only way I have found to do it effectively is too have multiple pages duplicate dialogue.  However if I can find a way to jump to the other pages on command it will help a ton (I have not tried working with the jump/label yet, so I am curious if they could be used for that)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Video Cheetah growing up so fast. She's the age of the kids I work with now. Also, Mazer, your audio too low >.>
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:35 pm

For that, use Variables.

"If Answer is A - Variable 1 = 1
If Answer is B - Variable 1 = 2
If Answer is C - Cariable 1 = 3
If Variable 1 = 1, play this dialogue
If Variable 2 = Play other dialogue
If Variable 3 = Play final dialogue."
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:43 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Video Cheetah growing up so fast. She's the age of the kids I work with now. Also, Mazer, your audio too low >.>

Turn your speakers up. It plays fine for me Razz

And right?! She is so big >.< I cannot believe she will be 13 soon
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:21 pm

-Mazer wrote:For that, use Variables.

"If Answer is A - Variable 1 = 1
If Answer is B - Variable 1 = 2
If Answer is C - Cariable 1 = 3
If Variable 1 = 1, play this dialogue
If Variable 2 = Play other dialogue
If Variable 3 = Play final dialogue."
Is there a way I could modify that so that the character would continue his dialog uninterrupted?

For example: I have an NPC who always greets you, but then depending on whether or not he has me you before he will have a different line of dialogue; after that the protagonist will have different dialogue depending on his point in the game, and likewise further branching paths in the dialogue tree from the NPC. How would I set it up so that this all flows fluidly, without having to exit the conversation and chat again to trigger the corresponding page?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:14 pm

You don't really need to put it on a different page. You can do all of those variables in the same page one after the other.

Use the choice option.

I believe variables would still be your best bet to achieve what you want, but I am not sure I understand you not wanting to exit the chat? wouldn't you have to to begin with to start everything?

Or do you mean if you do Event Y, change NPC dialogue. If you did Event Z change it to a different dialogue without needing to chat with him?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:32 pm

-Mazer wrote:

Or do you mean if you do Event Y, change NPC dialogue. If you did Event Z change it to a different dialogue without needing to chat with him?

I think that?

Basically I want to NPC's dialogue to change, depending on a number of events that are NOT mutually exclusive to each other, with all of the dialogue in question being broken into separate pages so I can easily edit it. However as far as the user is concerned it is all one big dialogue sequence. I know that I can pull this off either by having dialogue for every single combination of variables/switches, or making a new page with the complete dialogue for each; but that would be incredibly redundant and labyrinthine in larger dialogue scenes.

On a mostly unrelated note: my favor thing so far is just adding flavor text to things in the environment when the character "examines" it with action button.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Think of it this way: If event A, do dialog A, if event B, do dialogue B, but if event A AND B are true, do Dialogue C instead, then proceed to dialogue D.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next