Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between.

4 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between.

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Why would the door disappear? Show me screenshots of your code.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 5 Empty Re: RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between.

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:44 pm

And to animate a door, go to one of the pre-made ones you already put down and open the code for it (space bar I think). Just copy the code there.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Here is the code, along with the before and after screen shots.
RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 5 010_zpse7576dc3

Before I use it:

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 5 008_zps05a53745

And after I use it:

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 5 009_zps7fb1d17c
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:31 pm

wait...why are you even using an event to begin with? Shouldn't you just be able to click Make Door like you do outside?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:17 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Don't use the interior tile set. Use an event to make a door.
I am using events now, but I only know how to use the door animation with the pre-set door option; I am still encountering the problem however.

When ever I use the door and my character is transported, the door/event seemingly disappears; making its use after returning from the other side of the wall impossible.
So are you transferring your player to another room in the same map?
On the same map.

@ Mazer:

I am using the preset door option; which in turn creates an event.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 pm

I dunno what you are doing wrong D:
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Koenig wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Don't use the interior tile set. Use an event to make a door.
I am using events now, but I only know how to use the door animation with the pre-set door option; I am still encountering the problem however.

When ever I use the door and my character is transported, the door/event seemingly disappears; making its use after returning from the other side of the wall impossible.
So are you transferring your player to another room in the same map?
On the same map.

@ Mazer:

I am using the preset door option; which in turn creates an event.

Here's an idea: If you have the door there, and you're just making it transfer you in the same area, set Conditions.

What I would do: I'd copy the directions that the event turns in the "Door" preset event. Then, I'd take them and put them into the door graphic you have there and set conditions: If player is facing up: (door animation) Player movement Up, then direction that closes door.

Then I'd have condition 2 as followed-> If player is facing down: (door animation), player movement down, direction for event to look like it's closed.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Oh, I'd also remove the Transport player part.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:12 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:Oh, I'd also remove the Transport player part.
I would, but It is needed to get the player through the wall since I can not change their level condition.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5