Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between.

4 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 3 Empty Re: RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between.

Post by Koenig Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:08 pm

EDIT: Double post.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 3 Empty Re: RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between.

Post by robbi86 Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:11 pm

so is this where the discussion is?
robbi86
robbi86

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Helping Koeing with stuffs
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks again for the help. Still hitting a few snags, but I should be able to work them out eventually.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Question: How can I set an event (Like the well and rope) so that after being used once, I can continue to use the event without using a rope each time?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Koenig wrote:Question: How can I set an event (Like the well and rope) so that after being used once, I can continue to use the event without using a rope each time?

You could just make sure that the rope doesn't get used up. That way as long as it remains in inventory, it will let you use the event over and over.

Otherwise you can set the command to:

"Conditional branch
If Rope in Inventoy
Set Self Switch to A"
Else
<Blank>

Next page:

Conditions: Self Switch A

(main section): Transport player to X
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:42 pm

Question to that answer: Is self switch A the device that points to the condition of the even? (IE, On/Off, etc)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:26 pm

How do you make it so than an event located in another map is moved/disabled from the map you are in?

(I am trying to make it so that after doing something, the path way becomes sealed off)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Koenig wrote:How do you make it so than an event located in another map is moved/disabled from the map you are in?

(I am trying to make it so that after doing something, the path way becomes sealed off)

Set the condition for it to be triggered by a switch. Once the quest is done, turn the switch off to turn that event off automatically.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:48 am

Still having trouble figuring all this out >_>
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:26 pm

I am having trouble re-creating the well seen we covered.

What is considered the "main section"?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:41 pm

For example, what I currently have is:
Conditional branch; Rope in inventory
>Transfer player: well
> Rope -1
>Control self switch: A = on

Tab 2:

Conditional branch: Self switch a = On
> Transfer Player: well

(Trigger: Action button -Priority same as characters)

What am I doing wrong?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:14 pm

For some reason it decided to work, with no intervention from me!

Carrying on: I tried to make a few events (I really need experience with them before I can go any further)
So I wanted to make an NPC to trade items with.

(For the sake of it, I trade him a potion and he trades me an elixir)

Here is the content for the event:
RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 3 005_zpsaaf4c53a

However, before I get a potion or make the trade I check my inventory: items: nothing is there (Good so far)

But if I get a potion from the chest nearby or make the trade with him afterwards; I get an error message if I try to check my items:

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 3 006_zpsc4b694fc
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:15 pm

PLEASE HELP ME!

*Twirls finger in ground while waiting*
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Did some more fiddling, I finally found a way to maker it work.

I had to remove the journal script you gave me. I don't know why, but it wont work with that script installed.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:01 pm

*Fiddles with music* I am much happier with my map making skills, but I am still having nightmares with events.

It does not help that the tutorial provided is only half finished and END's right when when it is about to cover events.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:05 pm

QUESTION: Is it possibly to copy a finished product onto a Disc?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:13 pm

QUESTION:
How do I make it so that after talking through a branch of a persons chat, it "remembers" we had that conversation; directing it to another chat panel and by extent its paths.

Likewise, how to I make a conversation connect to an existing conversation branch? Or do I have to simply rewrite it?

This is the conversation I have been working on so far; it will need more written in, but for now it serves a redundant purpose.

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 3 007_zps5548053a
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:15 pm

This leads to my next Question:
How do I set it so that I need X number of items before any further tasks are done?

For example: I can set the condition branch so that It only starts if I have a "blue oil", but I want to make it so that it will only start if I have 4 blue oil.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:48 pm

*An hour and a half of tinkering later*
I think I finally figured it out!

First "miniquest" complete! Well...mostly. I still don't know how to set it so that I need "X" number of Y item, so I changed the quest so I only needed one.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:22 am

What questions do u still need answering
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:26 am

Can I copy to a Disk?
And can how do I make it so that I need X number of Y item for an event to trigger?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:33 pm

You'll need to associate the item to a variable so that the game knows how many you are holding.

There are a few different ways to do this. How exactly do you want this to play out?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:43 pm

For the example I have in mind, I want to make it so that I need four "of X item" before the NPC will take any.
I currently have it set to activate on one though.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:51 pm

I am also wondering; how can I get it so that a conversation loops back to itself? IE
The options are:
What?
Yes.
No

Where as yes no are explanitory, what leads to a chat box where the NPC tells you in detail; likewise when that ends I want it to loop back to "Yes/ No"
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next