Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WSS Anime Thread

+3
Squirrel500
Lunacy
ColumbianLoom
7 posters

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

The WSS Anime Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The WSS Anime Thread

Post by Squirrel500 Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:34 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Squirrel500 wrote:OMG loom you were right
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-844021/2013-battle

nagi and golden time are the next battle

I just had a feeling. I don't know what I'm going to do now lol.

lol what will be next strike the blood and Tokyo ravens? though I don't think they are similar at all
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:36 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Well the matchups this round are based on setting up similar feeling anime. It was to be expected, but a disappointment. This battle should have come much later in the tournament.

Also, Problem Children lost, I has a sad. I'd probably put it as my number 4 of 2013(behind Golden Time, Nagi, and Magi s2). That show did need more views. :/

I know I wanted that one to win as well. I really need to watch problem children
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:00 pm

I haven't seen problem children so I don't really have an opinion on it....

Darth Luna wrote:Since the individual matches are themed, I'm guessing the match ups are choosing by the tournament moderator. I find that disappointing. He should have seeded them and made a bracket based on that. This way it already feels like we have two favourites/heavy weights up against each other early.

THIS MATCH UP SHOULD HAVE BEEN LATER!

...or maybe that's just me, since these are my top two anime from last year.

I look at it as: it was going to happen eventually. And ya, each match is themed so that makes no think that Attack on Titan will go up against Kill la Kill
 Shocked  Surprised 
That would probably be the closest match ever. I think I would vote for Kill la Kill because it just too fucking awesome and ridiculous. But Attack on Titan is another one that I consider a masterpiece. I just don't know!!!

Squirrel500 wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:
Squirrel500 wrote:OMG loom you were right
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-844021/2013-battle

nagi and golden time are the next battle

I just had a feeling. I don't know what I'm going to do now lol.

lol what will be next strike the blood and Tokyo ravens? though I don't think they are similar at all

They didn't make it out of the actual preliminary round. There's a mass vote in the beginning to see who's going to be competing and Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens didn't even make it out of that soooo.....
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:lol what will be next strike the blood and Tokyo ravens? though I don't think they are similar at all
I wouldn't say they are the same at all. Tokyo Ravens I think I'd say it's much more similar to Monogatari series second season.
Squirrel500 wrote:I know I wanted that one to win as well. I really need to watch problem children
The best way I can describe Problem children is as it being "fun." It's vague, but when you watch it, you'll understand. It's just really fun, I want to see more of the series. I'm guessing many didn't bother with it since it was only 10 eps. It was supposed to have more, but the company that was making it had the budget reduced or something liked that. Or so I heard. I think it was gonna originally be a 13 ep series, which would have been nice to add one more arc in the season. :/
ColumbianLoom wrote:I look at it as: it was going to happen eventually. And ya, each match is themed so that makes no think that Attack on Titan will go up against Kill la Kill
 Shocked  Surprised 
That would probably be the closest match ever. I think I would vote for Kill la Kill because it just too fucking awesome and ridiculous. But Attack on Titan is another one that I consider a masterpiece. I just don't know!!!
The thing is, that I don't like seeing a show like Hataraku maou-sama!(which I liked, but didn't love anywhere near either of these) go farther than one of those. I think seeding would have at least appeased me more.
And that match would be easy for me. XD
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Hmm, I'm gonna do my personal rankings for the anime of 2013. Well, based on those I watched, anyhow.  Also, there are some that I watched, but are missing due to me having them on hold or still (slowly) watching them. All of these are either finished or dropped. They have the score I gave them on mal next to them. The order is the ranking.

Spoiler:

Thoughts? xD

*Also, shows I drop, never get higher than a "5." So the bottom ones are shows that I dropped, except Kimi no Iru machi.

Honestly, the story in that one is pretty good, but I hated, and I mean FUCKING HATED, the heroine so much, I dropped the overall score. Otherwise, I might have actually given it an 8 or possibly even a 9. BUT I FUCKING HATE THAT BITCH!!!!1
I hope I made myself clear.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:45 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
The thing is, that I don't like seeing a show like Hataraku maou-sama!(which I liked, but didn't love anywhere near either of these) go farther than one of those. I think seeding would have at least appeased me more.
And that match would be easy for me. XD

I agree, but then again that kind of gives other shows a chance to shine because Golden Time going up against Hataraku maou-sama would just be too easy.

And that's why I feel like chrome-mist will put Aot and KLK against each other this round because they'll beat any title there up against except for maybe Montorgari.

Speaking of Montorgari, what will it go up against? Is there any action in the show because if so it may go up against Magi. Like, I don't know if the show is slice of life, action, romance, or a mixture of everything.

Darth Luna wrote:Hmm, I'm gonna do my personal rankings for the anime of 2013. Well, based on those I watched, anyhow.  Also, there are some that I watched, but are missing due to me having them on hold or still (slowly) watching them. All of these are either finished or dropped. They have the score I gave them on mal next to them. The order is the ranking.

Spoiler:

Thoughts? xD

*Also, shows I drop, never get higher than a "5." So the bottom ones are shows that I dropped, except Kimi no Iru machi.

Honestly, the story in that one is pretty good, but I hated, and I mean FUCKING HATED, the heroine so much, I dropped the overall score. Otherwise, I might have actually given it an 8 or possibly even a 9. BUT I FUCKING HATE THAT BITCH!!!!1

Lol, I think that's fair. Of course mine would be lightly different (and I haven't watched all the 2013 shows you have), but I like your list.

For me, I would give AoT and KLK 10s. In the end, I think my favorite title of 2013 would have to come down to Nagi or Kill la Kill. And then AoT, Magi, and Golden Time would be close behind.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:06 am

really problem children only has 10 episodes? I feel like it needs another season, maybe another company should pick it up and make more episodes
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:12 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:I agree, but then again that kind of gives other shows a chance to shine because Golden Time going up against Hataraku maou-sama would just be too easy.

And that's why I feel like chrome-mist will put Aot and KLK against each other this round because they'll beat any title there up against except for maybe Montorgari.

Speaking of Montorgari, what will it go up against? Is there any action in the show because if so it may go up against Magi. Like, I don't know if the show is slice of life, action, romance, or a mixture of everything.

Darth Luna wrote:Hmm, I'm gonna do my personal rankings for the anime of 2013. Well, based on those I watched, anyhow.  Also, there are some that I watched, but are missing due to me having them on hold or still (slowly) watching them. All of these are either finished or dropped. They have the score I gave them on mal next to them. The order is the ranking.

Spoiler:

Thoughts? xD

Lol, I think that's fair. Of course mine would be lightly different (and I haven't watched all the 2013 shows you have), but I like your list.

For me, I would give AoT and KLK 10s. In the end, I think my favorite title of 2013 would have to come down to Nagi or Kill la Kill. And then AoT, Magi, and Golden Time would be close behind.
I don't think that's a problem though. In fact, having some upsets would make it all the more interesting early on. Just think of the sports tourneys. Also, don't you want the last matches to be the epic ones. Just think back on the last NFL playoffs. Championship weekend was one of the greatest we've ever had. Niners/seahawks and Broncos/Pats. I love the build up. This also helps create a "cindarella" type thing that could be fun.
As for Monogatari, it's not an action show. It's dialogue heavy....very heavy. It'd be best to go up against SNAFU, just because of the type of interactions the characters have is similar in each. Although the genre would be closer to Tokyo Ravens.
Squirrel500 wrote:really problem children only has 10 episodes? I feel like it needs another season, maybe another company should pick it up and make more episodes
There's an OVA episode, so total, there are 11 eps for the series. I would love to see it get another season, but like I said, I don't think it was popular enough. :/
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:34 am

Hmm, I'm looking at the shows and going by this person's reasoning, I can see several possible battles. But some of these I just don't know well enough.

Harem battle: Haganai next vs TWGOK 3

high school romance/slice of life show battle: Chihayafuru 2 vs silver spoon

quirky high school comedy: SNAFU vs Watamote

I guess "epic settings/shows" battle: AOT vs KLK - honestly I think this one will go just because of how big/hyped both shows were and because of the over the top action. Otherwise, I think it's a reach, but it's the best match for them.
I kinda think Sunday without god would be a better match for AOT, since both are post apocalyptic, but then KLK would have to go up against something else and I'm not sure what.
Actually scratch this, KLK would be a better match against Kyousou Giga. They're both crazy as fuck action shows. The only reason why I don't know if this will happen is because it'll be too one sides. KLK was so hyped that I doubt it'll be much of a match. I'd choose Kyousou Giga easily though, I fucking love the show and it's family themes.
So after thinking it through, the matches that would go best, thematically, would be:
Post apocalyptic: AOT vs Sunday without god
over the top action: KLK vs Kyousou Giga

This would leave Log Horizon, Monogatari series s2, Non Non Biyori and Magi s2. Non Non Biyori is so freaking different from these shows, I can't think of a single theme that would mix with them. Also, I need to finish it, it was so damn cute. My guess is that they'd probably go down to this:
Magic/war themes: Log Horizon vs Magi s2
school slice of life(closest thing I can think of): Monogatari series s2 vs Non Non Biyori

So, let's wait and see how close I come to guessing this thing. xD
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:56 am

Darth Luna wrote:
I don't think that's a problem though. In fact, having some upsets would make it all the more interesting early on. Just think of the sports tourneys. Also, don't you want the last matches to be the epic ones. Just think back on the last NFL playoffs. Championship weekend was one of the greatest we've ever had. Niners/seahawks and Broncos/Pats. I love the build up. This also helps create a "cindarella" type thing that could be fun.
As for Monogatari, it's not an action show. It's dialogue heavy....very heavy. It'd be best to go up against SNAFU, just because of the type of interactions the characters have is similar in each. Although the genre would be closer to Tokyo Ravens.

That is true, but then again you do get some big guns going against each other early on like Lakers v. Mavericks in 2011 playoffs.  

Darth Luna wrote:Hmm, I'm looking at the shows and going by this person's reasoning, I can see several possible battles. But some of these I just don't know well enough.

Harem battle: Haganai next vs TWGOK 3

high school romance/slice of life show battle: Chihayafuru 2 vs silver spoon

quirky high school comedy: SNAFU vs Watamote

I guess "epic settings/shows" battle: AOT vs KLK - honestly I think this one will go just because of how big/hyped both shows were and because of the over the top action. Otherwise, I think it's a reach, but it's the best match for them.
I kinda think Sunday without god would be a better match for AOT, since both are post apocalyptic, but then KLK would have to go up against something else and I'm not sure what.
Actually scratch this, KLK would be a better match against Kyousou Giga. They're both crazy as fuck action shows. The only reason why I don't know if this will happen is because it'll be too one sides. KLK was so hyped that I doubt it'll be much of a match. I'd choose Kyousou Giga easily though, I fucking love the show and it's family themes.
So after thinking it through, the matches that would go best, thematically, would be:
Post apocalyptic: AOT vs Sunday without god
over the top action: KLK vs Kyousou Giga

This would leave Log Horizon, Monogatari series s2, Non Non Biyori and Magi s2. Non Non Biyori is so freaking different from these shows, I can't think of a single theme that would mix with them. Also, I need to finish it, it was so damn cute. My guess is that they'd probably go down to this:
Magic/war themes: Log Horizon vs Magi s2
school slice of life(closest thing I can think of): Monogatari series s2 vs Non Non Biyori

So, let's wait and see how close I come to guessing this thing. xD

I think you nailed it Luna. I looked up all those shows and they all seemed to fit the criteria. This way, AoT and KLK won't have to go up against each other so early on.

But, you forgot about Railgun S!!!!!!

Last edited by ColumbianLoom on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Btw, Nagi is only beating GT by like 2 or 3 votes. It's really close!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Black Bullet
Spoiler:
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Railgun s already had it's match against gargantia. We have to wait for this round to finish before we can start seeing the next possible matches.

Just from looking at those, I think the majority of them, I'll end up on the losing side. :/
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:21 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:Black Bullet
Spoiler:
And now I'm close to dropping it again.
Spoiler:
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:43 pm

mekakucity actors....dude, if I had watched ep two the week it came out, I would have dropped this show. I didn't like it at all. I'm so annoyed with Shaft already, this thing feels exactly like Bakemonogatari and that show could get annoying at times.

It feels like a fucking joke how similar it is to Bakemonogatari. It could literally just be a spinoff or a continuation of the series, just with random new characters.

Still, 3rd ep was a lot more interesting than the previous ones. It's made me stick with it for now, but still, that 2nd ep was so bad for me.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:08 pm

@Luna

Lol, oops! I forgot about Railgun beating Gargantia.

And on the matter of Black Bullet....
Spoiler:
A series will be better received if it contains all the story elements it has from its original material and, in turn, would result in more sales. If they can only do like one or arcs a season, that would be better than rushing and cutting.

Mekakucity Actors....
Spoiler:
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Yeah, it's probably what you said, but that's what has lead me often to just find the source material and enjoy that. I don't like supporting shoddy work.

Also, I don't know how you'll feel if you watch Bakemonogatari, but I think you'll understand what I mean about it's feel and visuals. Also, notice that many people keep making fun of Shafts signature head tilts. It's freaking ridiculous how they're recycling what feels like scenes from shows, just adding different dialogue.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Yeah, it's probably what you said, but that's what has lead me often to just find the source material and enjoy that. I don't like supporting shoddy work.

Also, I don't know how you'll feel if you watch Bakemonogatari, but I think you'll understand what I mean about it's feel and visuals. Also, notice that many people keep making fun of Shafts signature head tilts. It's freaking ridiculous how they're recycling what feels like scenes from shows, just adding different dialogue.

Well it sounds like it's very good so I bet I'll like it without a doubt.

And everyone praises Shaft for their head tilts! I sort of like it too.....
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:36 pm

It's overused....like, so much.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Darth Luna wrote:It's overused....like, so much.

I haven't watched enough of their stuff to irked by it yet.

And.....

NEW AKAME IS UP!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!! LET'S GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:10 pm

So I am 3 episodes away from finishing the original Hellsing Anime...

It...really has no concrete storyline does it? I mean it does but it is so loose...

Love Alucard and Victoria's relationship but now I read that Hellsing Ultimate is the better version of the franchise?

D:
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:12 pm

I love the original series, since I just love how insane Alucard is. And Ultimate is better adaptation. It's pretty much an exact copy of the manga, it's fucking great.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:14 pm

The new Akame was fucking so good!!!!!!
Spoiler:
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:24 pm

so I saw on amazon that the attack on titan anime is coming out soon, holy shit it's $80 bucks!
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:so I saw on amazon that the attack on titan anime is coming out soon, holy shit it's $80 bucks!

Jeeeezzzz  Shocked 
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next