Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Idea Thread

+4
Squirrel500
-Mazer
LegendX48
smirkytrick
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Movie Idea Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie Idea Thread

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:26 pm

I like the two friends angle though I'd prefer the close friend to be the good dull one. I need to work on some sketches for this as well as figure out a situation for things to kind of blow up over. Making it actually chuckle worthy's not gonna be easy >.>
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:33 pm

How characters react to awkward situations seems to be a good place to start with humor, just try not to focus to much on the situation itself as that often detracts from the humor.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:36 pm

The more I've given this idea time to fester in my mind the more I want to write something feature length lol

I'm hoping to draw some environmental stuff for it this weekend, along with a character or two. As far as the situations, I'm thinking of general stuff like tagging as well as having one of the friends steal something.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:30 pm

A live action Dragonball Z that's actually good without any of the hollywood gimmicky bullshit that literally no one cares about.
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:03 pm

Posting this here so I don't bloat up the gen chat with stuff peoples don't care about.

So, my Dead_Legend script, I think I may have finally found what exactly is so different about the current draft now that I made Claire have an older twin sister (among a variety of other changes). It's not about death and despair anymore, the tone's considerably lighter and the story is arguably more focused (it's been hard as balls to write though, last night was a challenge to get a few pages instead of just going to bed). It's kind of going back to its (post 1st overhaul) roots with the main driving idea be that Claire wants to get out of the facility but now with a purpose.

The only thing I'm not liking too much so far is that the hyper violence I wanted is non existent right now. The brutal experiments to test regeneration and reanimation has not been shown yet and I fear that once my Mr. X clone shows up to wreck shit, it will feel (very) out of place. Gonna be a challenge to properly escalate things in a manner that isn't simply jumping the shark but instead a natural progression of shit hitting the fan harder and harder.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:06 am

Holy shit, this version of Dead_Legend is so radically different it's kind of bizarre. Removing the old character David (who was more a reference to the original DL for my sake) and introducing Celia (who is Claire's older twin sister) was the best thing I've done to it (I think).
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:37 am

So... I've been thinking heavily about, uh, something I'm personally terrified of (though it's a very, very common fear I bet), as well as consciousness and, with some inspiration from the weirdness of Serial Experiments: Lain, I feel like I have a new idea that's kinda taking hold of me even though I've been working on dead legend. I haven't quite worked out the details yet but I've started writing it out anyway which is highly unusual. That, and something about it is driving me to actually go ahead and try to make a comic out of it.

Will post details if anyone's curious.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:00 am

I'm a little sad this thread wasn't taken anywhere that I have seen, I would have loved to see a movie you guys made or helped with a script or even voice work Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2