Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WSS Anime Thread Vol. II

+4
Squirrel500
Cybersix
-Mazer
Lunacy
8 posters

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

WSS Anime Thread Vol. II - Page 42 Empty Re: WSS Anime Thread Vol. II

Post by -Mazer Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Hmm, that is a really great one.

On the subject of schemers, because of the Major, I was wondering, who are the best schemers in anime.

Off the top of my head I have Lelouch from Code Geass and the Major. They were great at fulfilling their plans/ambitions.

Good question.

*rubs goatee in thought as he goes down the list of Anime he's seen*

The Major from Hellsing Ultimate is pretty freakin hardcore with his. I think the guy from Spice and Wolf who manipulated the man character's dept in order to "free" holo is another one.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:05 pm

test
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:12 pm

You're a test!
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Finished watching Hellsing Ultimate.
Yay.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:42 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:Finished watching Hellsing Ultimate.
Yay.

Just in time for the discussion!!!!

Did you find Schodinger (sp) cute?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:48 pm

He was very cute.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:10 pm

I thought he was a clone of Seras at first. They made them look VERY similiar.

LOVE his kitty ears.

WSS Anime Thread Vol. II - Page 42 Schrodinger-hellsing-8948573-864-627
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:53 pm

I thought the same thing mazer cuz him and seras are wearing pretty much the same outfit lol, I love have allucard and seras were more badass in ultimate.
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:33 pm

WSS Anime Thread Vol. II - Page 42 High-School-DxD-New-Fight-llegar%C3%A1-a-Jap%C3%B3n-la-semana-que-viene

Season 2 comes in the mail today. SQUEE!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:21 pm

This thread has broken the 62 page limit! I'm surprised it hasn't glitched out yet.

Anyways, this is the reason why I watch Cross Ange:
Spoiler:

I come back every week for that yuri threesome!!! Cool Very Happy
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:22 pm

Hmm....don't recognize the series, mazar.

Also, loom, apparently Akame is getting anime original ending. What are your thoughts? I haven't been watching and that kinda kills my interest in it. Anime original endings have a really negative connotation for me.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:24 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:This thread has broken the 62 page limit! I'm surprised it hasn't glitched out yet.

Spoiler:

I come back every week for that yuri threesome!!! Cool  Very Happy
Yeah, I dunno how it works. If mazar would get me mod powah, I would just close it and we'd do another thread. Oh well.

Anyhow, on the subject of cross ange, I just don't know what to think of it. I hate Ange so fucking much. Only reason I stuck with it initially is because I was enjoying her suffering. I want things to go horribly for the "humans" for their treatment of the norma.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Hmm....don't recognize the series, mazar.

Also, loom, apparently Akame is getting anime original ending. What are your thoughts? I haven't been watching and that kinda kills my interest in it. Anime original endings have a really negative connotation for me.

Oh man.... Luna.... Lol! Don't even get me started!

I mean, I'm so disappointed. Talk about wasted potential. White Fox was doing such a good job for 18.5 episodes and just threw all it all out the window. I argued/discussed with a lot of people on MAL today and here's some of my posts (you'll probably won't understand exactly what I'm referring to since you haven't seen it yet but you'll get what I'm saying a little at least:
Spoiler:

Anyways, I'd say it's still worth watching. It did great for 18 episodes and then on episode 19 it adapted the Mine vs Seryu fight so well and then..... you'll see for yourself. I'd say give it a go and just see how it compares to the manga ending (which might get spoiled by this anime original ending, but we'll see)

Darth Luna wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:This thread has broken the 62 page limit! I'm surprised it hasn't glitched out yet.

Spoiler:

I come back every week for that yuri threesome!!! Cool  Very Happy
Yeah, I dunno how it works. If mazar would get me mod powah, I would just close it and we'd do another thread. Oh well.

Anyhow, on the subject of cross ange, I just don't know what to think of it. I hate Ange so fucking much. Only reason I stuck with it initially is because I was enjoying her suffering. I want things to go horribly for the "humans" for their treatment of the norma.

We can make a new thread soon if you, also yes you need more power! But apparently Mazer can't do anything about it Sad

And regarding Ange, it's a guilty pleasure of mine lol. It's getting better, but the show is just something else lol! I can't tell you why I like it.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:56 pm

I'm really demotivated to watch Akame now.

cross ange: Honestly, biggest reason I'm enjoying it is because me and a friend kinda rip it mystery theater 3000 style on skype. Hmm, I'm gonna tell him if he wants to watch it at the same time and we'll just be ripping it while we're watching it, that'll be the most fun way to watch it. We also do this with Gundam G no Reconquista. We love to hate that show, for some reason.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:15 am

Darth Luna wrote:I'm really demotivated to watch Akame now.

cross ange: Honestly, biggest reason I'm enjoying it is because me and a friend kinda rip it mystery theater 3000 style on skype. Hmm, I'm gonna tell him if he wants to watch it at the same time and we'll just be ripping it while we're watching it, that'll be the most fun way to watch it. We also do this with Gundam G no Reconquista. We love to hate that show, for some reason.

Just watch episode 18 and you'll know what I mean on how the anime just killed the story line.....

And lol ya, that's a good way to watch Ange haha. On the topic of Gundam, I've never been a fan of gundam so I don't think I'll ever watch Gundam G.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:20 am

Well if you ever do decide to watch gundam, don't start there. As a huge gundam fan, I would say to watch any of these as an intro:
Mobile Suit Gundam(original series) - intro to the main universe story
Gundam Wing - My favourite Gundam, it's not related to the main story, it's a spinoff, so it's it's own thing. It's fucking awesome.
08th MS team - related to the original series, it takes place at the same time, but came out way later. It focuses on grunts instead of the hero of the war. It's freaking awesome.

Weren't you a fan of Toonami in the late 90s? Or were you too young? 'Cuz Gundam Wing was one of the staple shows they showed on there.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:05 am

New Gugure! Kokkuri-san:
Spoiler:
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Well if you ever do decide to watch gundam, don't start there. As a huge gundam fan, I would say to watch any of these as an intro:
Mobile Suit Gundam(original series) - intro to the main universe story
Gundam Wing - My favourite Gundam, it's not related to the main story, it's a spinoff, so it's it's own thing. It's fucking awesome.
08th MS team - related to the original series, it takes place at the same time, but came out way later. It focuses on grunts instead of the hero of the war. It's freaking awesome.

Weren't you a fan of Toonami in the late 90s? Or were you too young? 'Cuz Gundam Wing was one of the staple shows they showed on there.

I did watch Toonami in the 90s but I was a youngin' then, so I didn't really get into Gundam. Just vague memories. And maybe I'll watch the original maybe, but isn't there tons and tons of sequels? Also Wing sounds pretty interesting, think I'll watch that.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:22 pm

Yeah, that's one issue. Original Gundam storyline has a lot of stuff to it, and it's really long. There's the original series, which is 43 eps. Then the sequel to that is Zeta Gundam, which is 50 eps, and that takes place many years later.
Then a direct-ish sequel to Zeta Gundam called ZZ or Double Zeta Gundam, another 50 eps.
Then after that, there's a movie, Char's Counter Attack. That's where the original story, with cast, ends, I believe. There are movies and shows that come later in the time line, could be considered sequels, of a sort.
And that's leaving out the ton of shows that take place at the same time as the main series, just focusing on different characters. Many of those are pretty long too.

That's why I would most strongly suggest Gundam Wing. Doesn't have all the baggage as the main series, but still awesome as hell.

Anyhow, got 3 new chapters to read for Noragami the last 2 days and fucking hell, this series is so good. I feel like just giving it a 10 already.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Yeah, that's one issue. Original Gundam storyline has a lot of stuff to it, and it's really long. There's the original series, which is 43 eps. Then the sequel to that is Zeta Gundam, which is 50 eps, and that takes place many years later.
Then a direct-ish sequel to Zeta Gundam called ZZ or Double Zeta Gundam, another 50 eps.
Then after that, there's a movie, Char's Counter Attack. That's where the original story, with cast, ends, I believe. There are movies and shows that come later in the time line, could be considered sequels, of a sort.
And that's leaving out the ton of shows that take place at the same time as the main series, just focusing on different characters. Many of those are pretty long too.

That's why I would most strongly suggest Gundam Wing. Doesn't have all the baggage as the main series, but still awesome as hell.

Anyhow, got 3 new chapters to read for Noragami the last 2 days and fucking hell, this series is so good. I feel like just giving it a 10 already.

Jesus! Then ya I think I'll just watch Wing and call it good lol!

And I need to start reading Noragami... Actually I need to start reading a few series, but I always forget to read them/procrastinate... Ugh...
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Same, there are series that I've been lagging it to read for literally years.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Well today I just found my new manga addiction:

A Silent Voice - Koe no Katachi

I've only read three chapters, but holy crap it's good. I saw that today it got announced for an anime, so decided it would be a good idea to give it a read. I usually only read mangas if:

1. I watched an anime adaptation of a manga and I couldn't wait for the second season I decided to read the manga (ex: Attack on Titan)
2. The anime was rushed and cut a lot of things, but the anime still interested me so I read the manga to see the differences (ex: Deadman Wonderland)
3. An anime adaptation gets announced for the series and I have a few months to read it before the anime comes out (ex: Akame ga Kill)

I don't normally read mangas that don't have an anime adaptation announced for it (there's some exceptions of course, like Ajin and Biscuit Hammer). I like to see things on screen, so I like reading a manga knowing that one day I'll be able to see it animated.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Yeah, Koe no Kitachi has been on my reading list for a while now. I started reading it because I heard that the final chapter comes out wednesday and damn it's good(I'm only 2 chapters in).
Reminds me a lot of "Can't See, Can't Hear, but love," Which I haven't finished because of the feels. D:
Also, Kobayashi ga Kawai Sugite Tsurai!! is even more simliar since it also takes place in high school.

On anime front, today, I watched newest ep of Inou Battle and the MC, whom I've been loving, and I don't know why, finally did something to piss me off. This show, while I'm loving it and it's atmosphere, scares me into thinking that things could go horribly bad really suddenly. :/
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:26 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Yeah, Koe no Kitachi has been on my reading list for a while now. I started reading it because I heard that the final chapter comes out wednesday and damn it's good(I'm only 2 chapters in).
Reminds me a lot of "Can't See, Can't Hear, but love," Which I haven't finished because of the feels. D:
Also, Kobayashi ga Kawai Sugite Tsurai!! is even more simliar since it also takes place in high school.

On anime front, today, I watched newest ep of Inou Battle and the MC, whom I've been loving, and I don't know why, finally did something to piss me off. This show, while I'm loving it and it's atmosphere, scares me into thinking that things could go horribly bad really suddenly. :/

Luna I love it so far! Especially because the MC was very similar to me when I was young. It sounds like he goes through a similar process as me with the tables getting turned on him in middle school then it seems like he renews himself in high school (just like me). So far, this is hitting right home with me.

And Inou is one of my top favs of the season. It has surprised the hell out of me. Trigger fucking delivers! But yes, it can get bad really fast, but I have faith in it to stay strong until the end.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:27 pm

No, not bad as in it'll become crap, I mean the things in the show could go bad at anytime.

Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next