Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WSS Politics Thread

+2
Squirrel500
ColumbianLoom
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The WSS Politics Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The WSS Politics Thread

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:22 am

Politics depresses the hell out of me.  I vote when the time comes, but given the options I really feel that I lose either way.  Because the two parties are diametrically apposed it does not matter who wins because in the long run everyone from the apposing side will fight to undo the other, progress and common sense be damned.  I honestly wish the two parties would disband and divide in smaller, more specialized groups.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:32 am

That won't happen. They make too much money with the status quo. That's why I think that campaign financing should be the number one issue dealt with. If corporations and special interest groups aren't able to flood D.C. with money to have things go their way, which is usually leave everything as is, then we could finally start getting some things done.
As it stands, both parties make promises to voters, but the only ones that they'll guarantee anything to is those that pay them.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:20 pm

Koenig wrote:Politics depresses the hell out of me.  I vote when the time comes, but given the options I really feel that I lose either way.  Because the two parties are diametrically apposed it does not matter who wins because in the long run everyone from the apposing side will fight to undo the other, progress and common sense be damned.  I honestly wish the two parties would disband and divide in smaller, more specialized groups.

We're getting to a point where many people feel the same as you: No one likes either party. This process is called "Dealignment", where people abandoned all major parties and do not join any new ones. For example, the number on independents has increased dramatically over the past two decades.

The United States will never get to a point where there will be smaller parties (at least not in the next 50 years), like in a parliament system. Our two parties are too powerful for that to happen and our country has been using a two party system for so long that it just wouldn't make too much sense to change all of a sudden.

However, this means the two parties themselves have to start revamping themselves and be more willing to work together. It may not seem like it, but the majority politician want to work together. There's fundamental things that we all agree on and it's just going to take some bipartisanship to make some things happen. It's possible, it's just that people will have to get over their petty differences and stop using low blow tactics on each other.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:36 pm

Lets just hope that they can get to that point before they run the Nation into the ground and through the center of the Earth;  I won't hold my breath though.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2