Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XXXX: Because NUMBERALS!!

+9
smirkytrick
Justin
Squirrel500
Koenig
TensePsychopath
Lux
-Mazer
Cybersix
LegendX48
13 posters

Page 4 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XXXX: Because NUMBERALS!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXX: Because NUMBERALS!!

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Lux wrote:Oh, um...I have the pc version on Steam, Legend.
but you don't show up on the friends who own it list o.o
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XXXX: Because NUMBERALS!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXX: Because NUMBERALS!!

Post by Lux Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:10 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
prob cuz I haven't played it yet. When I find a reason (friends) to play it, I'll be going through the "first time playing" download.
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Lux wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
prob cuz I haven't played it yet. When I find a reason (friends) to play it, I'll be going through the "first time playing" download.
*thinks more about buying it*
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:33 pm

*gets more birthday monies*

yeah, I think I may pick it up.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:34 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Coolio

I'm thinking of buying the pc version of RE6

are the pc versions of the resident evil games as fun as the ps3 versions?

also I'm almost done with Catherine, such a trip, lol
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:36 pm

happy birthday legend
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:40 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:

I like the skins/mods and increased frame rates (if you have a capable pc anyway) :3
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:47 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gen Chat XXXX: Because NUMBERALS!! - Page 4 FXBaUjb

I hope your cake looked as good as this  Very Happy Cool 
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:48 pm

What'd you do, legend? Also, didn't realize you were part of the superior July birthdays group.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:52 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Thanks :)

Squirrel500 wrote:

I like the skins/mods and increased frame rates (if you have a capable pc anyway) :3

maybe I can find a cheap copy of 4 and 6 on amazon
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:55 pm

hehe

Thanks guys :)

I didn't do a whole lot today, just a bit more tidying up and rearranging my setup and tinkering with a few things. I think I finally fixed a loose connection inside my guitar. It was too hot to really do much outside anyways lol
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Indeed, it's far too hot to do anything out!
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:58 pm

LegendX48 wrote:hehe

I didn't do a whole lot today, just a bit more tidying up and rearranging my setup and tinkering with a few things. I think I finally fixed a loose connection inside my guitar. It was too hot to really do much outside anyways lol

nice now your guitar should sound awesome XD and yeah it's been hot as hell here as well
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:03 pm

I can play on the lead setting or w/e the official name is now lol
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Damn, you play guitar Legend? I can only play piano, but that's about it.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:11 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:

yeah, I thought you knew cause I thought you heard that dead_legend soundtrack I made o_O
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:56 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:

yeah, I thought you knew cause I thought you heard that dead_legend soundtrack I made o_O

Oh ya, duh! I totally forgot about that!

Have you made anymore of those recently?
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 am

I had a chance to record another, all piano, but haven't uploaded it yet.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:30 am

I can play...Video games, does that count? I never put in the effort to learn an instrument in proper.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:33 am

Guys, I got to know, what does your family say about your computer hobby?

So for me, this is my living arrangements for the summer: After high school my parents moved to a completely different town in Colorado, I know no one here (not even from college), and I have no car at the moment. I do have job and I work with my brother as gardener at my dad's Dental Office.

I try to hit the gym like 3-4 times a week and I try to run as much as I can, but when I'm at the house I'm on my computer or playing video games because that's really the only thing I want to do and I enjoy it thoroughly. It makes me happy. I enjoy coming on the forums, I enjoy talking to you all, I enjoy watching anime, and I enjoy looking at other random crap.

Even at college when there's a lot of stuff going on, I still try to find some time to get on my computer or play some video games. I like doing it and I like to do it on my off times. Especially right now in summer when there's not much going on, I love to be on here because it keeps me occupied you know?

With that said, my dad just doesn't understand. My dad is a 70 year old man (I'm the youngest of 6 kids btw) and when he sees me on the computer he thinks I'm just wasting time. Most of the time I just brush it off because, frankly, I don't care what an outsider thinks. I can try explaining to him what I do, but he won't get it. Why even try? That's my thinking.

But this weekend, I just couldn't take it anymore, especially today, thus why I'm talking to this with you all. The guy gives me jabs about it all the time and I don't let him get away with it, but it's just tiring and never ending. As of right now, my 23 year old brother is living at home and going to community college and doing summer school. And my mom has a little job and does what she does. Luckily, both my mom and my brother both know what I'm doing on the computer isn't a complete waste of time and that I'm just not losing my mind on the fucking internet. They don't quite understand what it is I do, but they respect that I like it and that it isn't destructive to who I am.

My dad just can never understand and he really just hammered me on it today and I went off on him. I mean, I don't kno what the fuck he wants me to do. Does he want to burn my fucking computer and read books like he does at night? Does he want me to talk him all night until he goes to sleep? I just don't understand what he wants me to do. I just lost my mind.

This is one of the things he said to me, "So when you get a girlfriend in college are you going to prioritize your computer over her? HURRR DDDURRRR." What the fuck type of question is that? SORRY I'm in a town where I don't know anyone. SORRY that I don't have a car. SORRY I don't read books. SORRY I don't hit the gym twice a day like you. SORRY that I like being on my computer when there's nothing going on at home. I just don't get it.

I mean I was about ready to pack up my shit up and leave because I just felt so unwelcomed, but my mom is great and had a very deep conversation with me and it was very emotional so I'm good. Basically telling me not to be down on who I am that I'm completely fine and what I'm doing isn't harmful at all. She and my brother understand. I think my dad believes that he's helping me by criticizing about this hobby, but if anything, it's making it worse for me. He's making me feel bad about myself when I shouldn't even feel bad about myself.

I love my dad to death and I look up to him a lot but this is where me and him will never see eye-to-eye ever.

I guess I can maybe socialize a bit more when all my family is at the table and sometimes I figure, "oh well, dinner is over, I'm kind of bored so I just want to go back on my computer." But I don't realize that my family might actually want me there even though the conversation has kind of died down.

I just figure sometimes, since I'm at my house that I should be resting and chilling and so I pull out my computer. I do sometimes overlook that maybe I should go socialize with everyone in the living room or whatever, sometimes I overlook that my family actually does want me around. When things aren't really going on in the house I tend to go to my computer and my brother, mom, and dad might be in the kitchen talking about random stuff and I just think it's a little pointless to be there talking with them, but apparently they want me there to talk about random stuff even though I may think it's a little pointless. I get it, they want my presence since I'm not there that often and sometimes I do overlook it.

So that's one of my faults that I should work on I guess.

But do you guys ever run into these issues? Do you guys understand what I'm saying? Anyways, thanks for listening...
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:43 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:Guys, I got to know, what does your family say about your computer hobby?
They don't really care.
Heck, they use PCs more than me. All dat Face Book stuff.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:02 am

I am a very introverted person so I like to spend a lot of the time by myself, and as a result my father gave me a lot of trouble when it came to video games for a very long time. He wanted me to do other things but NEVER actually gave me a good example. Since I moved into the addition and have some space to myself I have been able to devote much more time to it un-harassed. As long as I take care of any work that needs to be done I am normally left alone.

It took a long time to convince my dad, but once he finally realized that I need my own personal space without his frivolous activities we have gotten along much better. This is not limited to video games either, as it has helped in most regards of my family activity (Which is to say, I keep to myself and they respect that now)
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:15 am

@ Loom, I don't know whether it's funny or painful how similar that is in nature to how it is at my home :\ only difference being that only my older brother knows I post on sites like these and that I'm passive and just sit and take it (which actually seems to work against me sometimes). Though I'm somewhere in the middle of six and when he sees me on my pc, which I worked for and put together myself and upgraded and overhauled, or with a controller in my hand, he is just completely and utterly disappointed if not outright ashamed of me. Lately he's been blaming me for the rise in electric bill, paying absolutely no mind to the fact that there's seven people living in the house again and that it's been hot as hell so we've needed the air conditioner when the cooler just can't cut it. I won't go deeper into my issues with him as a person but the gist of what I've basically come to understand through talking with my mom is probably similar in nature to your situation. It's time to get that career started and get the fuck out of the nest, permanently!

No rest allowed, fuck downtime, find work, get the fuck out the house, get your own place, gain stability on your own and maintain it.  He wants that stable future he envisioned back when you were little happening right now. The problem is, well, it's easier said than done especially nowadays and I value my downtime very much as I assume you do. Those are my thoughts at least. In my case it doesn't really help that I'm 23 now and still trapped here >_<

It's one thing to be an introvert, it's another to feel like one is outright not allowed to go out.
Spoiler:

Fake-edit: Someone remind me not to write about my dad anymore ever.

Last edited by LegendX48 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:36 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:Guys, I got to know, what does your family say about your computer hobby?
They don't really care.
Heck, they use PCs more than me. All dat Face Book stuff.

Same, they use the internet almost as much as me.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:26 am

@Everyone
Hmmmm so it seems like it's always our dads that get in our face lol! I think dads our always harder on their sons because they want more out of us since we're "the men" which I can get, but there's a point where sometimes you can't change what a person likes and that you should respect it as it is. As long as it isn't destructive or hindering you, who cares?

My brother has very similar issues with my dad except on different matters and he feels my pain 100%, we had a huge talk about it last night.

Though, I was actually surprised this morning because my dad actually woke me up to apologize and admitted he really doesn't understand computers and technology and that he's too quick to judge. I could tell he was very sincere and he was actually sorry, it wasn't a half-ass apology. Why family has been through a lot and most of it is because of my dad's financial decisions. He knows that, everyone knows that. I think he feels extremely guilty about it and probably gets depressed about it sometimes, as I saw this morning when he apologized.

I understand he wants the best from me and I understand that he is proud of me for my athletic achievements in high school and being able to survive my first year in college. He doesn't say it too often and I know he feels that way, but it's still nice to get reminded that he's actually proud of me every once in a while.

We'll probably continue to bud heads over this stuff until the day he dies, but I'm glad we can at least consult with each other about it and that he was sorry.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next