Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition

+7
Justin
Koenig
Lunacy
Lux
TensePsychopath
smirkytrick
ColumbianLoom
11 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 19 Empty Re: Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:56 am

Luna wrote:Mazar, I hear the notification sound. Did you fix it?

I dunno...I don't hear it at all
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 19 Empty Re: Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:00 am

I put a lot more effort into this video. Appreciate the views and shares and comments?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:41 am

-Mazer wrote:
Luna wrote:Mazar, I hear the notification sound. Did you fix it?

I dunno...I don't hear it at all
I hearz it! It disturbz mah zlumber!
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:50 am

Cybersix wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:*reads thread on neogaf about how Arby's is very hated*

I want Arby's now ._.
The fuck? Arby's is delicious.
I know wtf???
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:07 am

-Mazer wrote:My body is actually a mess...Bad knees (dr claimed I may need to have the right one rebroken someday), my back acts up sometimes, my jaw has been closing unusually on occasion, and I have some lumps in my arm and hip that I have no idea what they are...
*hugs Mazer*
*kisses him on the head*
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:05 pm

@Mazer:

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy PL VS PW.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:21 pm

This was pretty neat

LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:01 pm

-Mazer wrote:

@ Nate

It really is. The puzzles got tedious. I enjoy good puzzles but when I am excited over seeing the next chapter and everyone in their mother is like "Hey! I have a puzzle!" It gets old.

Seriously, some characters just present puzzles for the sake of it. Like I wanna go into this room to interrogate this person because it is a matter of life and death and (in terms of story) the next horrible event is on its way in 10 minutes but the guy is all like "Herr, despite seeing your awesome abilities all over town, you cannot see the prisoner until you solve this puzzle that involves swapping swords with X and Y and seeing if it makes my armor shiny or not" (made up but they are that ridiculous)

There is actually a part where, in order for me to get a glass of water (to go back to sleep since Write is having problems sleeping), I need to do a puzzle where I arrange daggers across a table to make my glass ricochet from one end to the other while making sure I don't knock any other glasses off...

JUST GIVE ME THE @@#$@#!@!@$!@# WATER!

That would annoy the hell out of me. Is like open world with just tons of puzzles? Like, are puzzles basically like random enemies encounters? Lol.

From what I've heard from Layton games, the puzzles sounded a lot better integrated into the game.

Also what were the court room segments like?
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:34 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

@ Nate

It really is. The puzzles got tedious. I enjoy good puzzles but when I am excited over seeing the next chapter and everyone in their mother is like "Hey! I have a puzzle!" It gets old.

Seriously, some characters just present puzzles for the sake of it. Like I wanna go into this room to interrogate this person because it is a matter of life and death and (in terms of story) the next horrible event is on its way in 10 minutes but the guy is all like "Herr, despite seeing your awesome abilities all over town, you cannot see the prisoner until you solve this puzzle that involves swapping swords with X and Y and seeing if it makes my armor shiny or not" (made up but they are that ridiculous)

There is actually a part where, in order for me to get a glass of water (to go back to sleep since Write is having problems sleeping), I need to do a puzzle where I arrange daggers across a table to make my glass ricochet from one end to the other while making sure I don't knock any other glasses off...

JUST GIVE ME THE @@#$@#!@!@$!@# WATER!

That would annoy the hell out of me. Is like open world with just tons of puzzles? Like, are puzzles basically like random enemies encounters? Lol.

From what I've heard from Layton games, the puzzles sounded a lot better integrated into the game.

Also what were the court room segments like?

You have a map and can wander around no biggie - you click your destination and just pop over there. There really is not any need to explore except to find optional hidden puzzles. The optional puzzles are fine - just click a character and they have a puzzle. That's cool. But when I am balls deep into the story and I want to be moving because my adrenaline is pumping, I don't want to be stopped because some asshat wants me to figure out which shadow of a knight matches which knight during the day time or something.

Here's an example.

I am in the middle of a huge court battle. After the intermission, I switch to Layton. He is in this tower and trying to find clues. We enter an elevator and I am all excited to get the clues needed to win the court case. Instead, I am forced to do 3 "complete the symbol" puzzles while in the elevator in order to get to the higher level.

After that i need to solve a glass mirror puzzle to gain access to a hidden room.

Then I need to do a "Knight's puzzle" where I need to basically play simon says 4 times in a row.

All of this so I can pick up 3 items and talk to one character. I was so irritated because I just wanted to get the !@#1@ court case finished.

Then during the final case, Layton straight up tells you he knows the answers to everything but "I want you to figure it out yourself, Mr. Write". The problem is, any mistake I make I still get docked and get a game over which means I'd need to do it ALL over again. This means I was forced to save every 5 minutes to make sure I don't need to keep doing all the backtalking crap if I lost.

IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER YOU ARROGANT ASS HAT, DON'T FORCE ME TO ATTEMPT IT AND RISK A GAME OVER!

The Court is just like Pheonix Write games. Interrogate, you press and present evidence but there are no Spirit Locks from the previous games, you cannot investigate crime scenes using forensics, none of that.

The prosecutor is awesome - an honorable knight who slowly respects you in each case. He's a knight who draws his sword and challenges you and has fun animations. I really like him.

You can also interrogate multiple witnesses at once and use their testimonies against once another.

The downside is they introduce a interrogation where you can check several testimonies at once to find 2 that don't match...and you only do it 2x in the game (because they force Layton to be involved with it and he's only in court 2x)
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 19 6gauciI
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:06 pm

I GET IT
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:10 pm

Cybersix wrote:Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 19 6gauciI
lmao
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:47 pm

The prof Layton games have always been riddled with puzzles. I can understand why they frustrated you though; I was personally hoping the layton puzzles would come into play during the actual court trials- such as finding secrets in evidence while under penalty from the court itself.

related:
Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 19 Layton_joke

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 19 Tumblr_mh94ecNhqA1qh3ccoo1_500

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 19 Layton_vs_phoenix_funny_comic_by_cyber6x-d31704k
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:04 pm

I don't mind the idea of puzzles strewn about - like Puzzle Agent? That was super fun because the puzzles made sense in the world it was taking place.

Forcing me to slide a glass of water through a maze of daggers to make it to the bottom left corner just because Write wanted a glass of water...IS NOT FUN

It was done after a HUGE twist in the storyline, poor Phoenix just wants some water so get can goto sleep but noooooooooooooooooooooooo gotta do a puzzle!!

Also - LOL Koenig. That last comic is so true. That man stood out dreadfully to the rest of the characters of the game XD
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:17 pm

Just found a hard to find Xbox game for 3 bucks. It's the Sega GT race/ Jet set radio Future combo disc!

I bought it, brought it home. the racing game works but JSRF doesn't. This is why I hardly play the 360 anymore. It gets more complicated the more you try to play with it.

Now I have to by a blank CD so that I can get some kind of patch, a patch the the console should've YEARS AGO!
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:26 pm

.............wow....that sucks bawls...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:51 pm

I enjoyed Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright, but as a whole it was less than the sum of its parts. I wish there was that there was either a sequel or that newer additions to either series in which the mechanics of both games were used better to strengths of the other.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:53 pm

I just wish they didn't make Layton such an arrogant jerk when he talked to Phoenix. I mean, Phoenix has solved some of the hardest cases in existence and saved dozens of people's lives...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:23 am

I wish it had actually been a VS game. Never once that I remember did Layton and Wright actually go at each other as opponents. Judging from all the changes they made since the originally trailer, I think it is safe to assume the game had several MASSIVE overhauls.

Please help me find one thing in this trailer that made into the actual game unchanged?

But I can see where you are coming from in regards to Layton. He honestly a bit of wuss compared to his regular games. Then again I can say the same for right since they pulled the brain-washing BS.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:55 am

Koenig wrote:I wish it had actually been a VS game.  Never once that I remember did Layton and Wright actually go at each other as opponents.  Judging from all the changes they made since the originally trailer, I think it is safe to assume the game had several MASSIVE overhauls.

Please help me find one thing in this trailer that made into the actual game unchanged?

But I can see where you are coming from in regards to Layton.  He honestly a bit of wuss compared to his regular games.  Then again I can say the same for right since they pulled the brain-washing BS.

Good God...that trailer is 100% for an entirely different game. I swear, if I had ever seen it ever before buying the game, I'd been very pissed...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:20 am

Cybersix wrote:Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 19 6gauciI
LOL
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:04 am

-Mazer wrote:

Good God...that trailer is 100% for an entirely different game. I swear, if I had ever seen it ever before buying the game, I'd been very pissed...
Indeed.  As disappointed as I am with how the final game came out compared to the original trailer, I do have to thank that trailer for my interest in the Ace Attorney and Layton series to begin with.  I only ever took the plunge of try to find those games because of it, and for that I am grateful.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:21 pm

I HATE cats.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:35 pm

What brings this statement forth? Did it take a crap in your room? Pee on your clothing? Vanquish you in a duel?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Luna wrote:What brings this statement forth? Did it take a crap in your room? Pee on your clothing? Vanquish you in a duel?
we had 3/4 of a pizza left over from last night. Our cat decided that she had to get into it so we threw it out.

Fucking cats are WORSE than dogs when it comes to leaving food out man, shit's annoying.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next