Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR!

+9
smirkytrick
Justin
-Mazer
Cybersix
zulux21
Lunacy
TensePsychopath
Koenig
LegendX48
13 posters

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR!

Post by zulux21 Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:00 am

-Mazer wrote:I am looking forward to Wooly world. Will be the 2nd Yoshi game I've ever purchased so I feel it'll be fresh and new to me again.

fair enough.

me I don't have much time in oct anyways, and both disgaea 5 and rock band 4 come out next tuesday. Tales of Zesteria after that, tales from the borderlands final chapter after that and the month finishes with new binding of isaac content.

The yoshi game look okay, but I know I won't play it any time soon so there isn't much reason to get it right away. Plus I don't really trust that it will be fun. I liked how epic yarn looked until I played it and then I detested the actual gameplay. I fear yoshi will be the same way.

edit: I forgot dragon quest heroes was between disgaea 5/rock band and zesteria, I have something every week in oct and won't have really any free time to play them until like oct 22nd :/
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:08 am

I am working on Shadows of the Damned and when I am bored and lazy, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

Really working on lowering my backlog ^_^
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:12 am

Koenig wrote:@Mazer:  I downloaded paint.net.  Got any tips for making pixel art with it?
I heard you can get that pixel look easily with the Pencil tool.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:30 am

-Mazer wrote:I am working on Shadows of the Damned and when I am bored and lazy, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

Really working on lowering my backlog ^_^

I've been working on unlocking things in the binding of isaac and attempting to play tales of xillia 2 before the zesty one comes out, zesty will likely end up on the back burner, but I have it at half off already so not a big deal to keep the preorder, plus it's a series I will buy any released entry day one period anyways so that I can always say I supported their releases and thus they should keep releasing them in english.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:59 am

I was very disappointed in Binding of Isaac to be honest...I never knew it was a 1 life, you dead game...I beat it and uninstalled it in an hour.

Also: So I've been giving Nostalgic Critic a chance moreso than usual. Then start his review on Fury Road and I last about 9 minutes before shutting it off. I am not a fan of these elaborate skits he does and I feel he is really nitpicking.

He states that Fury Road has a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes and states that this means it scored better than the Indiana Jones movies, Pulp Fiction, Fargo, etc etc...then talks about "People just forget it's a action packed chase scene."

He is comparing apples to oranges. People don't see Fury Road for the hugely detailed plot. We want apocalyptic balls to the wall action and that's what it delivered, very beautifully I might add, hence the great scores. Trying to dig for a very detailed storyline from these films thus comparing it to Pulp Fiction or Red October...

Nitpicking..
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:45 am

@ Mazer, you really should watch the rest of that review. Fury Road is a prime example of the "show, don't tell" rule
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:40 am

I personally enjoy most of his work, as long as it is not a live action reivew...
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:22 pm

LegendX48 wrote:@ Mazer, you really should watch the rest of that review. Fury Road is a prime example of the "show, don't tell" rule

I barely tolerate him as it is and I am a huge non-fan of his "skit" reviews. I just want to hear an opinion without a massive production behind it. I don't mind it when its JonTron or AVGN doing it because they still focus primarily on the review over the overall production spectacular...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:32 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:@ Mazer, you really should watch the rest of that review. Fury Road is a prime example of the "show, don't tell" rule

I barely tolerate him as it is and I am a huge non-fan of his "skit" reviews. I just want to hear an opinion without a massive production behind it. I don't mind it when its JonTron or AVGN doing it because they still focus primarily on the review over the overall production spectacular...
if you just want a plain review then do not watch nostalgia critic, that's not what those are. Just check his regular videos. The Nostalgia Critic is a character just like AVGN is.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:37 pm

-Mazer wrote:I was very disappointed in Binding of Isaac to be honest...I never knew it was a 1 life, you dead game...I beat it and uninstalled it in an hour.
ah, well it's not like most lives are meaningless as you keep unlocking stuff to make things more interesting for a long time. (I have 100 plus deaths, 90 hours of play, and I am still unlocking stuff every couple runs on average)

You also likely didn't really beat the game, you just beat the first real boss. Depending on the version of isaac you are playing there is something like 8-17 endings to get with different ending bosses for a lot of them.

to be fair I can totally see the one life and done being a turn off, but without that mechanic you couldn't have so many crazy combos some of which just = you win which when you get runs with those it's just goofy. one of the recent times I was playing my combo of items made it that as soon as I fired everything died because my tears took up the entire room and did a ton of damage. I do mean everything dies though, I took out the final boss in a fraction of a second lol.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm

I made a shitteh sprite!

Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR! - Page 3 Untitled_zps2uqgohpc
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:33 pm

http://store.steampowered.com/app/363890

Hmm....
Mazer, what do you think about this?
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Koenig: I think that sprite looks amazing! Seriously!

@ Justin

I'd get it myself just for the fact you can export to Android. That's a seriously awesome big deal. I'd personally love to get my claws on it but I'd recommend a better sale.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:51 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

if you just want a plain review then do not watch nostalgia critic, that's not what those are. Just check his regular videos. The Nostalgia Critic is a character just like AVGN is.

Difference: AVGN Still teaches you the history of the company, product, console he's raging off about.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:53 pm

zulux21 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:I was very disappointed in Binding of Isaac to be honest...I never knew it was a 1 life, you dead game...I beat it and uninstalled it in an hour.
ah, well it's not like most lives are meaningless as you keep unlocking stuff to make things more interesting for a long time. (I have 100 plus deaths, 90 hours of play, and I am still unlocking stuff every couple runs on average)

You also likely didn't really beat the game, you just beat the first real boss. Depending on the version of isaac you are playing there is something like 8-17 endings to get with different ending bosses for a lot of them.

to be fair I can totally see the one life and done being a turn off, but without that mechanic you couldn't have so many crazy combos some of which just = you win which when you get runs with those it's just goofy. one of the recent times I was playing my combo of items made it that as soon as I fired everything died because my tears took up the entire room and did a ton of damage. I do mean everything dies though, I took out the final boss in a fraction of a second lol.

No. I beat the Mother boss character. It was mildly entertaining and nail biting but overall I was just very meh about the whole experience. I expected it to be a multi-dungeon thing like Zelda
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:57 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:http://store.steampowered.com/app/363890

Hmm....

Actually...if it comes with that set maybe it's a good idea to get it?

Also; does anyone know the legalities of selling these games using the assets provided in game? I never could figure that out.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:19 pm

This is fucking fantastic!
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:38 pm

Mazer! I finally put up my Guild of Calamitous Intent bar sign!
Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR! - Page 3 EyRdHmM
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:52 pm

-Mazer wrote:Koenig: I think that sprite looks amazing! Seriously!

@ Justin

I'd get it myself just for the fact you can export to Android. That's a seriously awesome big deal. I'd personally love to get my claws on it but I'd recommend a better sale.
Now how the hell do I go about making other versions of it and animating it?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Koenig: I think that sprite looks amazing! Seriously!

@ Justin

Now how the hell do I go about making other versions of it and animating it?

Frame by frame. To make different versions (like different clothes) just highlight the clothes part and use the color sliders?

@ Cyber

AWESOME
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:01 pm

I mean is there any particular method i should follow to create the next few sprites? The one I have made is in a neutral position, so I need to figure out how many others it will take for a single animation in the same direction.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Koenig wrote:I mean is there any particular method i should follow to create the next few sprites?  The one I have made is in a neutral position, so I need to figure out how many others it will take for a single animation in the same direction.

Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR! - Page 3 Ffivset1il3

So one frame with left leg back, right arm forward
And a frame for left leg forward, right arm back

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:06 pm

So you only need three animations for each direction? Got it. I ask because some SNES sprites had upwards of 10 alternates in a single animation loop.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:08 pm

Luna wrote:

This is fucking fantastic!

I really need to remember to watch his stuff more.

speaking of watching stuff, I've been checking out the best time ever with neil patrick harris and while the show itself is a bit of a mess (they seem to be slowly figuring things out) a couple of the skits are funny. Best ones are the voices in my head stuff.

anyone else been checking this out at all?

-Mazer wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:http://store.steampowered.com/app/363890

Hmm....

Actually...if it comes with that set maybe it's a good idea to get it?

Also; does anyone know the legalities of selling these games using the assets provided in game? I never could figure that out.

a quick search nets me...
Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR! - Page 3 WAqtYbn
from the rpg maker site.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:26 pm

zulux21 wrote:I really need to remember to watch his stuff more.

speaking of watching stuff, I've been checking out the best time ever with neil patrick harris and while the show itself is a bit of a mess (they seem to be slowly figuring things out) a couple of the skits are funny. Best ones are the voices in my head stuff.

anyone else been checking this out at all?

Yeah, Last Week Tonight is so great.

Also, I had only seen commercials for "Best Time Ever," but not actually watched it. Those clips were hilarious, especially the Britney one.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next