Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

+8
zulux21
-Mazer
Cybersix
TensePsychopath
LegendX48
Koenig
smirkytrick
ColumbianLoom
12 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by LegendX48 Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:54 pm

-Mazer wrote:300 is not Dead in the water. Hell, most of the people I've been reading expect it to be that price range are already prepping to buy it.

Let's just see how tomorrow plans out.

*hype meter over 9000
it can't be $300

$300 for hardware well below the $300 Xbone or the $300 PS4 (both of which have been $250 very recently)? Dead in the water. If the rumor of it being Wii U level docked and half ps3 level when in portable is true then it's deader than dead.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by zulux21 Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:01 pm

-Mazer wrote:300 is not Dead in the water. Hell, most of the people I've been reading expect it to be that price range are already prepping to buy it.

Let's just see how tomorrow plans out.

*hype meter over 9000

yeah it is... so very dead. (if I recall right you thought the wiiu would be a success for similar reasons Razz)

it will sell some just like the wiiu did.
but it will be a disaster just like the 3ds was when it first launched at $250 before they dropped it to $170 a few months later.

anything over $199 kills any chance of a DS or wii level success.
anything over $249 kills any chance of  a decent level of sales.
at $300 it will strictly be a second or third console for most people and only a first console for people like those who bought a wiiu (aka hardcore nintendo fans)

no one is going to buy an underpowered console with a small library when you can get a proper powered console with a huge library at the same price point. it doesn't look very portable in general, and most people won't want to bother carrying it around when you can just play games on your phone or your ipad you are already used to watching shows on the go with.

it will be a distant third place in sales, and due to that any shot of real third party support will go away as well. $300 is only a price you would set as nintendo if you didn't learn anything at all from the wiiu or 3ds.

here's the kicker, I actually want the thing to succeed as since sony has left the portable game I need some place for a bunch of the series I like to go. but if it ends up not selling well I figure they will go to phones/tablets instead of a proper gaming system :/ After the failure of the wiiu they should have aimed for $200 for the switch from the start. As that is what made the wii such a success. a low price with an interesting gimmick. The switch will be like the wiiu, no good gimmick and not a low price.

the switch gimmick is at least a little better than the wiiu at least. a $10 dock is way better than a $150 controller.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 pm

Meh *just unable to get the energy to properly debate this currently...otherwise I'd continue.

How else is everyone? I am tempted to get Crunchyroll because I am fedup with Hulu using subtitles for all their anime
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:01 am

ran the SteamVR test on my pc
Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 2 32259732925_53886f85c7_o

Woot! Now I just need a grand so I can buy a headset >.>

-Mazer wrote:Meh *just unable to get the energy to properly debate this currently...otherwise I'd continue.

How else is everyone? I am tempted to get Crunchyroll because I am fedup with Hulu using subtitles for all their anime
Sleepy! Looking up how to properly frame a watercolor painting, that stuff is expensive @_@
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:31 am

Btw; I am not dipping out of the debate...its more like I respect you guys too much to half ass any arguments :\

@ Legend

Yup...Framing is a damn expensive business Sad I want to get some of my stuff framed but holy sh
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:00 am

-Mazer wrote:
uh... getting crunchyroll because you are fedup with hulu using subtitles....

is like buying a bus because you are fed up your car uses gas o.O;

crunchyroll is 99% subtitled anime, and that isn't changing in fact they will likely get even less as time goes on.

what you want is a funimation subscription. They partnered with crunchyroll in order to do dubs of crunchy shows (while crunchy gets subs of funimation shows) and funimation has most of their dubs on their site as well.

last season and this season like half of the shows are getting dubs mere weeks after they air in japan.

Akiba's trip is actually getting a dub released a mere 30 minutes after it releases in japan.

-Mazer wrote:Btw; I am not dipping out of the debate...its more like I respect you guys too much to half ass any arguments :\

@ Legend

Yup...Framing is a damn expensive business Sad I want to get some of my stuff framed but holy sh

it's all good, it's unlikely after seeing one of the best launch line ups of all time tomorrow that you would ever accept the idea that the switch will do poorly at $300 anyways Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:11 am

oh also this little vita gem just hit steam

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/criminal-girls-invite-only

if you are interested I can get it at 10% off that price since I am a humble monthly sub.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:41 am

So, Dark Souls 3 is cool co-op but you miss some cool boss phases
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:05 pm

$300
paid online play.

at least it is region free lol.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:12 am

That new Breath of the Wild trailer, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

MARCH 3RD, YES!!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:14 am

so yeah... the only game at launch i want is zelda and I can get that on wiiu.

easy easy pass for me.

first game that interests me is the new mario game (that looks interesting as it is basically what I wanted from mario galaxy nice big worlds to explore)

but that isn't until holiday of this year... if it isn't delayed...

so yeah.... holiday 2018 looks like the time to buy the switch... should be some nice price cuts by then as nintendo figures out that demand is not there at that price. and it would likely included the mario game bundled with it.

oh wow... they dun goofed
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333314

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con $80, Pro Controller $70 #1
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-n...do-switch-gray

Ridiculous, lol. Nintendo tax? Dock is $90, a single Joy-Con is $50.

Last edited by zulux21 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:16 am

Well. Despite 300, I am in love with the system. The new controllers really look impressive. I hope companies use them. I'd love to see some fun party games with those.

Splatoon 2, No More Heroes 3, Portable Skyrim, portable console Minecraft, the controller sensors are pretty cool also.

That mario game is so $@#$#@#@ sexy. I have not been excited for a mario game in ages. Was Link speaking in that game?? Either way - Zelda with voice acting.

Region Free is a huge plus

Sharing features also. So sexy.,
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:38 am

-Mazer wrote:Well. Despite 300, I am in love with the system. The new controllers really look impressive. I hope companies use them. I'd love to see some fun party games with those.

Splatoon 2, No More Heroes 3, Portable Skyrim, portable console Minecraft, the controller sensors are pretty cool also.

That mario game is so $@#$#@#@ sexy. I have not been excited for a mario game in ages. Was Link speaking in that game?? Either way - Zelda with voice acting.

Region Free is a huge plus

Sharing features also. So sexy.,

I am glad you are excited for it, just don't be to sad when it follows a path very similar to the vita.

at least nintendo will continue to support it unlike sony and the vita but yeah.... this thing is not going to do well.

anyways japanese launch library
- Zelda Breath of the Wild
- 1 2 Switch
- Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2
- Nobunaga no Yabou Power Kit thingy
- I am Setsuna
- Puyo Puyo Tetris S
- Disgaea 5
- Super Bomberman R

but yeah I can see some hope for the future of the switch... a 3ds like price cut for it, and then after that having a decent holiday season with mario and a few other games, but there is no reason to buy the switch at launch unless you want to play zelda and don't already own a wiiu.

Last edited by zulux21 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:39 am

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/#nintendo-switch-gray

Holy fucking shit!

Pro controllers are $70

Joy con controllers are $50 ($80 bundled)

Voice chat is through a phone/tablet app?

$300 for an underpowered console. God damn, Nintendo!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:43 am

Everything save FIFA looked interesting to me, definitely debating picking it up day one.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:48 am

Cybersix wrote:Everything save FIFA looked interesting to me, definitely debating picking it up day one.
everything I want to play doesn't have dates (Aside from zelda) so yeah.

though disgaea 5 as an near launch game as well as the binding of isaac rebirth + are both tempting.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:07 am

Cybersix wrote:Everything save FIFA looked interesting to me, definitely debating picking it up day one.

Same here. I am very pleased with the system and what I saw. ^_^ Again, like the WiiU and the PS3/PS4 - if it has games I want, I Will get the system. I am not hung up on this b.s. on prices and whatnot because I can either wait for price drops for extra controllers, buy 3rd party controllers, or just save up for it.

The fact is it has games I want - ESP the new Suda 51 No More Heroes. That was my happiest moment.

Cyber - you and I will be having fun. Let them rawr rawr over it ^_^
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:21 am

-Mazer wrote:

Same here. I am very pleased with the system and what I saw. ^_^ Again, like the WiiU and the PS3/PS4 - if it has games I want, I Will get the system. I am not hung up on this b.s. on prices and whatnot because I can either wait for price drops for extra controllers, buy 3rd party controllers, or just save up for it.

The fact is it has games I want - ESP the new Suda 51 No More Heroes. That was my happiest moment.

Cyber - you and I will be having fun. Let them rawr rawr over it ^_^
to be fair I am just as likely as you to play the suda game at launch, that thing is years away lol.

at the very least my current time table to get a switch is holiday 2018.

that is when the system will have at least a $50 cut in price, and likely bundle this years mario game dropping the price more to $200 where I feel the system should be at.

plus the games I am interested in might actually be coming out around then.

while I am happy for a fire emblem warriors, no hyrule warriors 2 makes me sad Sad
and also lack of smash bros makes me sad Sad
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:30 am

Hopefully we'll get a Hyrule warriors 2. That game was seriously so much fun.

And yeah, I agree about Smash. Lotta rumors were hinting at it.

I am glad to see EA sports titles on it. I don';t give two dicks about them but they sell. Bringing a console to a friend's house so easily could be good for the sport game fans.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:32 am

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 2 C2BwO2wUUAcIcwg

I need this. I NEED IT!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:40 am

I asked in some other places as well. but if you live in the US and can order stuff online. if the limited edition of breath of the wild goes live, can you order me an extra copy that I will pay you for and you can have them ship to me.

I am going to try to do the same for others as well... lets all get it that wants it.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:42 am

master version for wiiu might come live from amazon soon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MT8SWKC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1484289615&sr=8-5&keywords=breath+of+the+wild+switch

remember with amazon there is a 95% chance your item will show up damaged.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:56 am

so while this is cool

it's also a clear sign that Nis has no faith that it will sell well on the switch at all.

with every other release of a disgaea game they not only included all of the dlc but added extra content... this one is just getting the dlc.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:15 am

BOMBERMAN

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:24 am

LOL Nintendo are you SERIOUS?

That Fucking dock is 90 DOLLARS!?

Get the fuck out of here with that.
The Controllers are... Debatable, but that DOCKING STATION IS FUCKING OVERPRICED. Seriously overpriced.

Xenoblade 2 woot
Zelda BOTW looking good
Super Mario Odessy looks nice
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe woo
Splatoon 2 Ehh, okay
Shin Megami Tensei 5 WHA-?
Fire Emblem Warriors LOL alright, I am okay with that
1, 2 Switch (Shovelware) meh

Last edited by xXJus10Xx on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next