Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

+6
zulux21
TensePsychopath
Cybersix
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
10 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 6 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:49 am

zulux21 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:LOL I told you I did. I liked a majority of the items in the box, silly.

I have the game nice and neat on my shelf next to all my steelbooks and special editions

I can never remember things :3
did you figure out where the toys came from as most of them came from two different sets of toys Razz?

mhm. I remember enough of Harvey Birdman to put that set pretty much together Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 6 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by smirkytrick Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:05 pm

Does anyone know the status of that Net Neutrality debate that's going on in congress?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Just did a quick google search and the latest news is from 6 hours ago; talking about the protesters against it.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:56 pm

Splatoon 2 splatfest is on and it's a barrage of disconnects, connection errors and ice cream vs ice cream. Played about 6 matches and had my fill. It's Splatoon alright, ready for the full game on Friday
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:08 pm

Wait...I thought Splatoon 2 was not out until the 21st?
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:48 pm

So Power Rangers is surprisingly good.

Koenig wrote:Wait...I thought Splatoon 2 was not out until the 21st?
that is correct. There was a final beta splatfest yesterday
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:50 pm

George Romero of Night of the Living Dead/Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead passed away
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:17 pm

LegendX48 wrote:George Romero of Night of the Living Dead/Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead passed away
I'm starting to hate 2017
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:02 am

hmmm the project M people are releasing their own game

I am kind of surprised at how rough some of the moves look given the care they took previously.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:35 am

*starts playing Injustice 2 multiverse and online*

Super Girl making my body tingle. Also, holy shit balls, the lag!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:31 am

zulux21 wrote:hmmm the project M people are releasing their own game

I am kind of surprised at how rough some of the moves look given the care they took previously.
Looks very... Smash Bros.
Like, re-skinned rather than inspired.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 pm

"LIGHTNING FAST COMBAT!"

*video proceeds to show very slow combat*

okay.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:58 pm

It is one of the most blatant rip-offs I have ever seen. Seriously, they are not even trying to hide the fact that they obviously "borrowed" every element of Smash minus the characters. The level designs, the effects, the move set, how characters explode when smashed off camera...

That is sad.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 pm

I can see Nintendo sending a legitimate CnD.

On an unrelated note, the other day I was at IHOP with my mom. I ordered the Chicken n Waffles with some gravy. I dipped some chicken in the gravy, everything is normal. I dipped some waffles in the gravy , and my mom gave me this weird disgusted look. To me, putting gravy on waffles kinda makes sense. Does that make sense to anyone else here?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 pm

I don't see the issue. Gravy is so yum!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:30 pm

-Mazer wrote:It is one of the most blatant rip-offs I have ever seen. Seriously, they are not even trying to hide the fact that they obviously "borrowed" every element of Smash minus the characters. The level designs, the effects, the move set, how characters explode when smashed off camera...

That is sad.

well they are trying to just make a new melee Razz

smirkytrick wrote:I can see Nintendo sending a legitimate CnD.

there is absolutely nothing in that video that could be CnD. You can copyright characters and stuff like that, you can't copyright gameplay. So just because it plays just like smash isn't enough to CnD it.

now after it releases if nintendo digs into the code and discovers smash code has actually been used (and it would have to be a large chunk of copy and paste easily proven to be unique to smash) then they would have a case.

just because someone makes a platformer staring a plumber doesn't mean nintendo can CnD it.
just because someone makes an rpg with creatures you catch and battle doesn't mean nintendo can CnD it.
ect.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 pm

@zulu
from what I understand, the game was made from that Project M mod. And from what I understand they used the coding from the smash bros. That's definitely something you could get a CnD for.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:41 pm

xbox one version of Injustice 2 is fucking blurry. 1600x900 game upscaled to 3840x2160, vaseline out the wazoo
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:42 pm

smirkytrick wrote:@zulu
from what I understand, the game was made from that Project M mod. And from what I understand they used the coding from the smash bros. That's definitely something you could get a CnD for.

This boils down to the Tetris lawsuits. The judge stated that you cannot sue over a gameplay style. I.E. Tetris cannot sue anyone who tries to do a block-dropping game using shapes.

HOWEVER

The court DID say that if TOO MANY ELEMENTS are obviously taken from the primary game (as this game seems to be doing. I am sorry, but this is blatant copying right down to the level designs, movesets, particles, effects, etc) than it can be shut down. It is the basic idea of putting 2 items that are very similar next to each other. The copying law states if a person in a hurry cannot tell one from the other, than it is too close to the original idea.

If this does not get a Ciest, this will get a lawsuit. Just playing these two games side by side in court would be proof enough for people to agree with Nintendo.

Look at that PS3 fighting game. Somewhat same mechanics but it was still vastly different. Same with other games like this (Shojen Jump Brawler and the Cartoon Network one) They use the same concept, mechanics, but a majority of it is new and different.

This game is almost exactly Smash Brothers minus the characters. You cannot argue that.

(agreeing with Smirky on this)
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:46 pm

-Mazer wrote:It is one of the most blatant rip-offs I have ever seen. Seriously, they are not even trying to hide the fact that they obviously "borrowed" every element of Smash minus the characters. The level designs, the effects, the move set, how characters explode when smashed off camera...

That is sad.
Then again, its not like Nintendo is doing much in the way of keeping the competitive portion of melee alive, which is what they are focusing on. A definite rip off, but one Nintendo is not likely to try and fill the void for any time soon.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Koenig wrote:

That is sad.
Then again, its not like Nintendo is doing much in the way of keeping the competitive portion of melee alive, which is what they are focusing on.  A definite rip off, but one Nintendo is not likely to try and fill the void for any time soon.

That does not make it right. That is no excuse.

And why do they have to keep Melee alive? They have new versions of Smash out to focus on. That is like asking NR why they don't keep competitive sides of MK3 up.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 pm

it's made from the project M mod team but they are making it from scratch as far as I have seen.

-Mazer wrote:

This boils down to the Tetris lawsuits. The judge stated that you cannot sue over a gameplay style. I.E. Tetris cannot sue anyone who tries to do a block-dropping game using shapes.

HOWEVER

The court DID say that if TOO MANY ELEMENTS are obviously taken from the primary game (as this game seems to be doing. I am sorry, but this is blatant copying right down to the level designs, movesets, particles, effects, etc) than it can be shut down. It is the basic idea of putting 2 items that are very similar next to each other. The copying law states if a person in a hurry cannot tell one from the other, than it is too close to the original idea.

If this does not get a Ciest, this will get a lawsuit. Just playing these two games side by side in court would be proof enough for people to agree with Nintendo.

Look at that PS3 fighting game. Somewhat same mechanics but it was still vastly different. Same with other games like this (Shojen Jump Brawler and the Cartoon Network one) They use the same concept, mechanics, but a majority of it is new and different.

This game is almost exactly Smash Brothers minus the characters. You cannot argue that.

(agreeing with Smirky on this)

I don't argue that it is almost exactly smash brothers minus the characters but I would also argue that the odds of people confusing the game with smash bros is lower than the odds of someone say confusing battlefield and call of duty.

yes the gameplay is the same, but they don't really look alike at all. this looks like a cheap knock off, but it's clearly not nintendo mascot based.

either way even if there is a case for a CnD it won't happen.
even if there is a case for a lawsuit it won't happen.

absolute worst case it will turn out like the hex vs hasbro case where after hex started becoming popular hasbro finally said something and then took them to court to settle out of court.

there is pretty much no risk to the team for making it, worst case they make it big and nintendo gets a cut of the money via lawsuit.

i mean http://store.steampowered.com/app/291550/Brawlhalla/ and http://store.steampowered.com/app/383980/Rivals_of_Aether/ are also smash bros clones, quite obvious ones as well and nintendo hasn't done anything Razz

also if their AMA on reddit is anything to go by, judging based off a quick poorly done trailer isn't a great way to judge.
sounds like they have plenty of unique things they are adding, they just focused on the melee like stuff to get attention and it is working Razz

the neogaf thread instead of making fun of their copying has instead taken to pointing out how most of the fighting styles in the smash bros series can be seen in other fighers in other series including that a number of the special movies are almost copy paste Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:01 am

Neither example you provided even matches what Project M is doing. They basically copied the exact levels instead of making their own. It's basically re-skinned Smash. The others all have their own art style and everything. That's the difference. the others you exampled do not LOOK like Smash.

Theirs does.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 am

Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 am

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:

That is sad.
Then again, its not like Nintendo is doing much in the way of keeping the competitive portion of melee alive, which is what they are focusing on.  A definite rip off, but one Nintendo is not likely to try and fill the void for any time soon.

That does not make it right. That is no excuse.

And why do they have to keep Melee alive? They have new versions of Smash out to focus on. That is like asking NR why they don't keep competitive sides of MK3 up.

If Nintendo is unwilling to try and keep the competitive style of Melee alive, an argument could be made in court that the project in question is a valid substitute; after all Nintendo does not manufacture nor sell copies of Melee anymore, nor have they kept many of its competitive functions in later smash installments. They no-longer provide that service, and as a result it leaves room open for a replacement. Thus it could be argued in court that this game is not in competition with Smash Bros despite its near identical format. There is enough grey area that if (more likely when knowing Nintendo) this goes to court, it would ultimately come down to the judges own interpretation of the matter.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next