Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

+6
zulux21
TensePsychopath
Cybersix
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
10 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 7 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:It is one of the most blatant rip-offs I have ever seen. Seriously, they are not even trying to hide the fact that they obviously "borrowed" every element of Smash minus the characters. The level designs, the effects, the move set, how characters explode when smashed off camera...

That is sad.
Then again, its not like Nintendo is doing much in the way of keeping the competitive portion of melee alive, which is what they are focusing on.  A definite rip off, but one Nintendo is not likely to try and fill the void for any time soon.

That does not make it right. That is no excuse.

And why do they have to keep Melee alive? They have new versions of Smash out to focus on. That is like asking NR why they don't keep competitive sides of MK3 up.

If Nintendo is unwilling to try and keep the competitive style of Melee alive, an argument could be made in court that the project in question is a valid substitute; after all Nintendo does not manufacture nor sell copies of Melee anymore, nor have they kept many of its competitive functions in later smash installments.  They no-longer provide that service, and as a result it leaves room open for a replacement.  Thus it could be argued in court that this game is not in competition with Smash Bros despite its near identical format.  There is enough grey area that if (more likely when knowing Nintendo) this goes to court, it would ultimately come down to the judges own interpretation of the matter.

This is all based on the assumption that Nintendo HAS to keep the competitive style of Melee alive. They do no have any obligation to keep that alive despite what the fans demand. And like I said, they have no reason to keep Melee alive because they have other updated versions of Smash available. Again, they have no obligations at all to pander to the competitive fans and it is wrong to be like "Well, if they won't do it, I will just copy their game and do it myself."

Not how it works. At all.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 7 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Cybersix wrote:

I am VERY disappointed in his portrayal of Tommy...he royally screwed up everything with that "Oh Hai Mark" line..." and I am being serious. I've been waiting for this movie for ages and I am not happy with this teaser right now.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:23 pm

I thought it was fine *shrug*

anywho, trying to get good at injustice 2 with a controller is impossible (and it hurts my thumb). My brook super converter can't get here soon enough!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:10 pm

-Mazer wrote: and it is wrong to be like "Well, if they won't do it, I will just copy their game and do it myself."

And why is that? If Nintendo is unwilling to supply that kind of game, why is it "wrong" for someone else to take their place and provide that service? Are you talking from a purely legal perspective or from an ethical perspective?
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:06 pm

LegendX48 wrote:I thought it was fine *shrug*

anywho, trying to get good at injustice 2 with a controller is impossible (and it hurts my thumb). My brook super converter can't get here soon enough!

He is literally missing all of Tommy's facial quirks. The way he does the "Did Not" scene is nothing like how it is shown in the movie in terms of how he looks or even acts. In The Room he says "I DID NOT" while looking up...not down...and when he says "Oh Hai Mark," He does it with a bit more emotion. Franco is missing all of this.

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote: and it is wrong to be like "Well, if they won't do it, I will just copy their game and do it myself."

And why is that?  If Nintendo is unwilling to supply that kind of game, why is it "wrong" for someone else to take their place and provide that service?  Are you talking from a purely legal perspective or from an ethical perspective?

Because they are COPYING the game. There are other Smash clones out there that are not exact copies but this is basically reskinned Smash Brothers right down to the particle, glowing, and other visual effects.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Again I am asking if you are referring a legal or ethical perspective on the matter. I still stand that it really comes down to the judges interpretation if it does go to court. From what I have seen it is similar enough to take it that far, but I am not sure if it would be able to go much further than that.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:41 pm

I an talking legal. This is not a game inspired by Smash. The whole engine and movesets and again, even effects, are all blatant copies of Smash. This is as if they reskinned mario 3. Made the character a new sprite and enemies new sprites and changed the color of levels but kept literally everything else.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:28 am

*uses puppies to resurrect the thread*

www.dogtime.com/assets/uploads/2011/03/cute-dog-names.jpg" alt="" />
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:38 am

Franco's performance is definitely off. Hopefully it'll be better in other scenes.

The book is one of my favourites, as long as he does it justice it'll be a really good movie
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:48 pm

ideally this will get fixed with future updates but....

Early tests show bizarre issues with Nintendo Switch voice chat app

As Nintendo points out in the app's official FAQ, voice chat cannot run in the background while using your phone for other purposes such as "texts, social media, etc.":

"The voice chat will disconnect while you're talking on the phone or using another application, but your voice chat will restart in the same room once you open the Nintendo Switch Online application again as long as the game session is still ongoing."

What's more, early testing confirms that the app won't work if your phone goes into power-saving "sleep mode," with the screen inactive. And don't bother trying to use the app to chat with your Switch friends while away from the system, either: you can only join chat rooms with people when you're actively playing a specific, supported game with them.

GameXplain said you can't even pull down the notification tray on your phone while using the app and voice chat. You immediately get cut off.

so yeah sounds like if you are playing a switch online using your phone to voice chat you can't do anything else on it at all without being disconnected.

want to send a quick text to a friend to see if he wants to join..
DISCONNECTED.

get a phone call
DISCONNECTED!

want to just not have your screen on all the time
DISCONNECTED!

:/
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:07 pm

in less depressing thoughts.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408093 should be an interesting thread to follow.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:23 pm

So I am attempting to request a copy of Tooth n Nail to review. I wonder if they will respond to my tweet :)
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:10 pm

my brook super converter is shipping today, yay!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:52 pm

yay!

I just replaced the fan in my bathroom vent. Super proud of myself. Also; loving my later work schedule (4:30pm instead of 3:30pm) because now I get a lot more done around the house. Usually I only had enough time for 1 big thing, 1 little thing...if that. It also made cooking for the woman difficult.

But now, I was able to research my next videos, replace my vent (which meant going to home depot and back), make dinner, make myself lunch and a brunch, clean up my bathroom, do dishes, and flop down on the couch to be lazy for a teensy bit...

Yay me!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Monarch: WHERE THE F*CK IS EVERYBODY?!?!?!

*Sad face*
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Occupied with stuff
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:25 pm

so I will have to give it a bit and a rewatch when it comes out.
but spiderman homecoming is for sure in my top 5 marvel movies, and might be number one overall.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:30 pm

That would be very difficult for me to swallow. Of course, I am VERY bored of Marvel and have zero interest in Spiderman.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:47 pm

I enjoyed it, but didn't love it.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:53 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Cybersix wrote:

I am VERY disappointed in his portrayal of Tommy...he royally screwed up everything with that "Oh Hai Mark" line..." and I am being serious. I've been waiting for this movie for ages and I am not happy with this teaser right now.
Well here's the thing. When you're a good actor and you have to portray a well known bad actor are you suppose to stay faithful using your good acting portraying a bad actor? Or are you suppose to be respectful and make your own bad acting to portray a bad actor? It's not an easy job.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
Cybersix wrote:

Well here's the thing. When you're a good actor and you have to portray a well known bad actor are you suppose to stay faithful using your good acting portraying a bad actor? Or are you suppose to be respectful and make your own bad acting to portray a bad actor? It's not an easy job.

It has nothing to do with mimicking a bad actor while being a good actor. The fact is he is not getting the mannerisms right.

The throwing of the water bottle looks so lazy. It's a slow throw instead of the angry throw Tommy does. When he says "I DID NOT" there is no clenching of the teeth like in the original, no looking up while squinting at the sun...the very long delay between NOT and "Oh Hai Mark"

His performance feels lazy to me for this scene.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:23 pm

-Mazer wrote:That would be very difficult for me to swallow. Of course, I am VERY bored of Marvel and have zero interest in Spiderman.

I've always liked spiderman. it was great to watch something spiderman related where I was laughing most of the time.

my super hero rankings for the year so far.

Spiderman > Guardians of the galaxy 2 >> wonder woman > logan.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:32 pm

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
Cybersix wrote:

It has nothing to do with mimicking a bad actor while being a good actor. The fact is he is not getting the mannerisms right.

The throwing of the water bottle looks so lazy. It's a slow throw instead of the angry throw Tommy does. When he says "I DID NOT" there is no clenching of the teeth like in the original, no looking up while squinting at the sun...the very long delay between NOT and "Oh Hai Mark"

His performance feels lazy to me for this scene.
But isn't that faithful in a way? Keep in mind, there's only 1 Tommy Wiseau in this universe, and that scene in particular was pretty much like catching lightning in a bottle.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:43 pm

It's not faithful though. Tommy - despite how horrid of an actor he is - actually had passion in those scenes. Franco does not. And I dare say you should have no excuse since the original movie exists and you can actually just watch the original and compare it.

I mean just listen to how whiny Franco sounds when he says "NOT"...he doesn't clench his teeth or even bothers to throw the bottle...

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:25 am

-Mazer wrote:It's not faithful though. Tommy - despite how horrid of an actor he is - actually had passion in those scenes. Franco does not. And I dare say you should have no excuse since the original movie exists and you can actually just watch the original and compare it.

I mean just listen to how whiny Franco sounds when he says "NOT"...he doesn't clench his teeth or even bothers to throw the bottle...

I'm comparing the 2 clips and although different, I can still sense the style and what they were going for. It's kinda like if you compared Bela Lagosi's "Pull the strings!" quote from Plan 9 with Abe Vigoda's "Pull the string's!" quote from Ed Wood. In Plan 9, the quote was accompanied with Lagosi's expressive face and stock footage of buffalo, In Ed Wood however, Vigoda's face wasn't that expressive and his voice was more booming than Lagosi's. Still, it got the point across.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next