Anime Chat VIII

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Koenig on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:34 pm

I enjoyed the show but I never read the manga, so I don't know how well it followed it.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4291
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by ColumbianLoom on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:10 pm

Alright. @Koenig and @Mazer....

Spoiler:
I hear your complaints Koenig, but I don't necessarily agree. Compared to other shounens, HxH gives a fair amount of development and screen time for the side characters. The only open I would agree with you on is ponzu and pokkle, other than that I thought all the other side characters were handled well.

Also while the explanations for HxH could be way too long, for the most they were really interesting and explained things very well. I thought for the most part that the pace was borderline perfect.

I also thought the King amnesia part was great because it just showed how important komugi was to him. And seeing Poufu just getting rejected like that was glorious.

And I disagree with Mazer. I thought the Chimera Ant was by far the best arc. I didn't read the manga, but I could understand why that arc would be annoying to read because of how Togashi procrastinated so much. The anime however made the arc a joy to watch. I would recommend watching it Mazer. Easily the best arc stand alone arc I've ever seen in anime imo. The amount of character development, action, world building, and twists in it were just unreal.


But I agree, Togashi needs to get his shit together and stop with these delays. It's getting fucking ridiculous.
avatar
ColumbianLoom

Posts : 1296
Bounty : 6
Join date : 2013-09-25
Age : 22
Location : Fort Collins, CO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Lunacy on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:13 pm

Magic Kaito 1412 was added to crunchyroll for the winter season, FUCK YEAH! Now the wait for subbed eps won't be a variable. =D

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4446
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Lunacy on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:18 pm

Oh yeah, here's my pending top 10 of 2014 list, quoted from another forum. It's pending because there are still some ongoing shows from the fall season and I count those towards the previous year, not this one.
Darth Luna wrote:My top 10 shows of 2014 are
Spoiler:
Barakamon
D-frag
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Hozuki no Reitetsu
Noragami
Setokai Yakuindomo*
Sidonia no Kishi
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Gugure Kokkuri-san
Amagi Brilliant Park
I'm not gonna rank them, too lazy, so they're in no particular order.

Still airing: Akatsuki-no Yona, Kiseijuu, Magic Kaito 1412, Shigatsu wa Kino no Uso and Nanatsu no Taizai (At least 2 of these, as of right now, may end up replacing some of the shows currently in the list)
To elaborate on the 2 "still airing" shows that I was talking about at the end; they're Magic Kaito 1412 and Shigatsu wa Kimo no Uso. At the halfway point, I have both of those at a 9. The other 3 could possibly climb into my top 10 as well, though.

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4446
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by ColumbianLoom on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:33 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Magic Kaito 1412 was added to crunchyroll for the winter season, FUCK YEAH! Now the wait for subbed eps won't be a variable. =D

Ya I saw that. Now I'll actually watch it since it's on CR. I really hope CR picks up Sins and Amagi as well. If they picked up Kaito this late in the game, then those two definitely have a chance.

Darth Luna wrote:Oh yeah, here's my pending top 10 of 2014 list, quoted from another forum. It's pending because there are still some ongoing shows from the fall season and I count those towards the previous year, not this one.
Darth Luna wrote:My top 10 shows of 2014 are
Spoiler:
Barakamon
D-frag
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Hozuki no Reitetsu
Noragami
Setokai Yakuindomo*
Sidonia no Kishi
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Gugure Kokkuri-san
Amagi Brilliant Park
I'm not gonna rank them, too lazy, so they're in no particular order.

Still airing: Akatsuki-no Yona, Kiseijuu, Magic Kaito 1412, Shigatsu wa Kino no Uso and Nanatsu no Taizai (At least 2 of these, as of right now, may end up replacing some of the shows currently in the list)
To elaborate on the 2 "still airing" shows that I was talking about at the end; they're Magic Kaito 1412 and Shigatsu wa Kimo no Uso. At the halfway point, I have both of those at a 9. The other 3 could possibly climb into my top 10 as well, though.

I still need to think about mine. Also, you really like comedy shows don't you Luna haha? More than half are comedy (not that that's a problem or anything, it's a observation Wink )!
avatar
ColumbianLoom

Posts : 1296
Bounty : 6
Join date : 2013-09-25
Age : 22
Location : Fort Collins, CO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Lunacy on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:42 pm

I think that was the theme for me this past year. That and generally those are just the shows that I liked most this year. But that also speaks to how much I liked Sidonia no Kishi. That being said, Shigatsu may end up being my fave of the year, as well as my only 10, and that one is pretty heavy on the drama.

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4446
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Squirrel500 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:02 pm

hey guys I need some new anime recommendations, what would be good to check out?
avatar
Squirrel500

Posts : 1253
Bounty : 7
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Lunacy on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:04 pm

The list I just posted, I recommend the ones you haven't watched from there. And they're all mostly done.

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4446
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Koenig on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:10 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:Alright. @Koenig and @Mazer....

Spoiler:
I hear your complaints Koenig, but I don't necessarily agree. Compared to other shounens, HxH gives a fair amount of development and screen time for the side characters. The only open I would agree with you on is ponzu and pokkle, other than that I thought all the other side characters were handled well.

Also while the explanations for HxH could be way too long, for the most they were really interesting and explained things very well. I thought for the most part that the pace was borderline perfect.

I also thought the King amnesia part was great because it just showed how important komugi was to him. And seeing Poufu just getting rejected like that was glorious.

And I disagree with Mazer. I thought the Chimera Ant was by far the best arc. I didn't read the manga, but I could understand why that arc would be annoying to read because of how Togashi procrastinated so much. The anime however made the arc a joy to watch. I would recommend watching it Mazer. Easily the best arc stand alone arc I've ever seen in anime imo. The amount of character development, action, world building, and twists in it were just unreal.


But I agree, Togashi needs to get his shit together and stop with these delays. It's getting fucking ridiculous.
I agree, compared to other shoenens HxH does a really good job of character development, but that still does not change the fact that I dislike how most characters deaths were handled.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4291
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by ColumbianLoom on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:29 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:hey guys I need some new anime recommendations, what would be good to check out?

What are you feeling?

Drama? Romance? Comedy? Action? Horror?
avatar
ColumbianLoom

Posts : 1296
Bounty : 6
Join date : 2013-09-25
Age : 22
Location : Fort Collins, CO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Koenig on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:48 pm

Spoiler:
So...I have a question about that ant arc.  Why was Kite reborn as an ant despite the fact that his body was not eaten?
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4291
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by ColumbianLoom on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:52 pm

Koenig wrote:
Spoiler:
So...I have a question about that ant arc.  Why was Kite reborn as an ant despite the fact that his body was not eaten?

I didn't get that either. The Wiki may help you to answer that one....
avatar
ColumbianLoom

Posts : 1296
Bounty : 6
Join date : 2013-09-25
Age : 22
Location : Fort Collins, CO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by LegendX48 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:01 am



I like it for the most part, the only thing I don't like is Senketsu's voice, he's too robot sounding. Ryuko sounds fucking great though.
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5155
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Koenig on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:18 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Koenig wrote:
Spoiler:
So...I have a question about that ant arc.  Why was Kite reborn as an ant despite the fact that his body was not eaten?

I didn't get that either. The Wiki may help you to answer that one....
Spoiler:

No luck so far.  My guess is it was an oversight. I am still PO'd that Pokkle did not get an ant form.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4291
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Koenig on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:19 am

So...How much "fanservice" is kill la kill?
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4291
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Squirrel500 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:41 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Squirrel500 wrote:hey guys I need some new anime recommendations, what would be good to check out?

What are you feeling?

Drama? Romance? Comedy? Action? Horror?

horror and action please

@luna I will look those up on MAL
avatar
Squirrel500

Posts : 1253
Bounty : 7
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Lunacy on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:42 am

ewwkilllakill

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4446
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by LegendX48 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:53 am

Koenig wrote:So...How much "fanservice" is kill la kill?
there is none, tons of T&A type stuff though but its meant to be poking fun at it.
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5155
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Koenig on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:54 am

LegendX48 wrote:
Koenig wrote:So...How much "fanservice" is kill la kill?
there is none, tons of T&A type stuff though but its meant to be poking fun at it.
T&A?
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4291
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by -Mazer on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:53 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Koenig wrote:
Spoiler:
So...I have a question about that ant arc.  Why was Kite reborn as an ant despite the fact that his body was not eaten?

I didn't get that either. The Wiki may help you to answer that one....

I THINK that even though Kite was slaughtered and put back together, his brain may have been given to the queen to devour so she could absorb his Nen.

His body that was rebuilt was probably just a shell.

However it was never really explained in the manga either. Just another bit of lazy/sloppy story writing from the author. Really irritating.

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7814
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Koenig on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:06 am

Mazer and I are impossible to please ~
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4291
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by LegendX48 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:44 am

Koenig wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
Koenig wrote:So...How much "fanservice" is kill la kill?
there is none, tons of T&A type stuff though but its meant to be poking fun at it.
T&A?
Tits and ass o.o

That's not fan service (imo at least).
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5155
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Lunacy on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:44 am

I thought it was a ton of fan service.

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4446
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by ColumbianLoom on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:16 am

@Koenig

Kill la Kill has fanservice, but it does it in a very satirical and smart way. It's not meant to be making everyone have boners, but the fanservice is actually one of the main elements of the plot. This is a minor spoiler, but it has do with some of the central themes:
Spoiler:
Being happy with your body and don't give a fuck to what other people think of your appearance. Wear your clothes and don't let them wear you.

Seriously give Kill la Kill a try. Easily one of my favorite animes ever.
avatar
ColumbianLoom

Posts : 1296
Bounty : 6
Join date : 2013-09-25
Age : 22
Location : Fort Collins, CO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by LegendX48 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:29 pm

I hate that fanservice = T&A Really? instead of, you know, fanservice.
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5155
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum