Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Chat VIII

+4
-Mazer
Koenig
Squirrel500
LegendX48
8 posters

Page 17 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

Anime Chat VIII - Page 17 Empty Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:05 am

Ah.  I don't use it so I can't help you this time around. Sorry mate!
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:06 am

Asked some people on skype, they said they can't sign in, but I have yet to verify if it's for the same reason as me. Ugh, fucking mal and their bullshit.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:09 am

Luna wrote:Asked some people on skype, they said they can't sign in, but I have yet to verify if it's for the same reason as me. Ugh, fucking mal and their bullshit.
Still better than GT.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:11 am

Honestly, I'm complaining from hearsay. It's been somewhat annoying, but I've heard others compare it to GT in the glitchiness area.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Luna wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:Hmmmm I'm going to give my perspective on the harem argument:

Harems, while have been done so many times, make tons of money in japan and because of that it helps fund bigger and more ambitious projects for studios.

Getting rid of harems would critically wound the anime industry and that's why you need harems to keep this industry afloat. A lot of these manga series that some of you may be speaking of probably wouldn't be that popular and it would be financial failure. Actually, the money generated from harems allows studios to take risks for some mangas/LNs/VNs that would probably never see the light of day animated if the harem money wasn't generated.

So bash all you want, but it's making money for studios and that's just a fact.

Harems are here to stay and will never go away, so I just say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." I personally like watching harems and don't think too much of them. They're fun and easy to watch, I have no problems with them. If they're making money for studios then by all means keep them coming.
Nobody ever said they didn't make money. In fact, that's a point I've pointed out a ton of times as to why they exists. You're just making the same argument that people make for CoD, but that wasn't the point. We're just lamenting the fact of that as a whole. Or at least I am. But still SIX FUCKING SHOWS THAT ARE TOO SIMILAR CAN'T BE GOOD FOR THE INDUSTRY AS A WHOLE.

Alright then Luna, then tell me, what would be your solution to this "harem problem"? I see no harm having harems if they fund bigger and better projects and it's not the same as COD because Activision basically only makes COD games while anime studios will have a harem title and then a more ambitious title after that. There's a balance here unlike Activision.

For example, Trigger: Kill la Kill (big project) > Inou Battle (harem) > Ninja Slayer (big project)

Though, if you have a solution to all these harems, then I'm all ears.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:40 pm

First thing, clearly identify them as a "necessary evil" and not as a "Good thing".  Second, find other cheap/popular genres; one or two types of this show at a time is understandable, six is a recipe for disaster waiting to happen.  If you burn out your audience with stuff like this it will damage future projects and hinder production later on.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Loom isn't really considering the long term, but that is kinda hard to predict anyway. Though, it is as Koenig said, a "necessary evil," not a "good thing." As for the "harem problem" that you seem to think we've all come up with, that will be dealt with when the next genre takes over. Not long ago, Moe shows were all the rage and that's what was mostly made. They still are, but harems have taken over that top spot.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:18 pm

Six years after I watched the first ep, I've finished Nabari no Ou. I loved it, gave it a 9.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:59 pm

Well, I like harems so I don't exactly see it as a "necessary evil", I think they're fine. If you don't like them, you don't have to watch them =/

There's plenty of other shows each season to satisfy any type of anime fan.

You're probably right that eventually it'll get over taken by another genre, but it's just social trends. I can understand not liking it, that's fine. It's just like how I don't really like country music, but it's good to understand that there's some good that comes from it and that it's good to respect why other people might like it.

Harems are a fun genre for me and I enjoy the fanservice, you can call me part of the "problem", but that's just my tastes.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:16 am

YOU'RE CLEARLY PART OF THE PROBLEM AND MUST BE PURGED! D:<

That being said, I never said I hated harems. Again, I'm just lamenting how much of a takeover they've done at the moment, but again, it'll switch something else soon enough.

From those harems shows I mentioned, for this season, I'm actually enjoying 2 of them.

Anyhow, been reading manga by Satoshi Mizukami, author of Hoshi no Sumidare/Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. Mainly because a new Chapter of Sengoku Youko was released today, but that just kick started me on my run here. I really like this guys style. In fact, besides the ten I gave Hoshi, I gave a 10 to Sengoku Youko (it's currently ongoing, but I give a score to a manga after 50 chapters). Songoku Youko is at Ch. 65, fyi.
He also has another ongoing series called Spirit Circle that is at chapter 31, haven't started reading it yet, but I plan on it.
I'm currently reading some of his shorter works and one shot collections. I really wish some of these would turn into longer manga. Especially the one about the hero who is summoned to the other world being about a hero who is a middle aged salary man and get's pissed at the people that summoned him because they're interrupting his life and messing everything up for him and his family. Such an awesome take on the genre. XD
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:26 am

I see them as frivolous and hollow.  I am sure there is redeeming value in many of them, but compared to most other genres I find nothing of interest in them.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:29 am

I have plenty that I like for the comedy factor. Also, I mentioned that I was just watching the Tenchi Muyo series the other week and that's one of the first harems ever. In fact, it may actually feel bland to anyone who has never seen it before, but has seen many harem. The first harem series I ever watched were Love Hina and Tenchi Muyo. Ranma 1/2 may count as well...
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:38 am

Just a minor rant I want to throw in the general direction of harems (though it could be applied to most anime)  If you are going to toy with character relationships please please please bother to actially do something with, or at the very least stop teasing.  harems are typically built around the purpose of doing nothing but toying with relationships with little or no payoff.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:50 am

Until the very end, at least, but I agree with you.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:08 am

*finds old manga I've read a while back*
Ah, the memories....
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:09 am

What manga?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Luna wrote:What manga?
Stuff I read a while ago and nearly forgot about.
Like:

Coin Laundry no Onna
Otome no Iroha!
Silva
Love & Collage
Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga
SWOT

And other stuff.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:26 pm

ah
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Koenig wrote:Just a minor rant I want to throw in the general direction of harems (though it could be applied to most anime)  If you are going to toy with character relationships please please please bother to actially do something with, or at the very least stop teasing.  harems are typically built around the purpose of doing nothing but toying with relationships with little or no payoff.

It really depends on the atmosphere that the harem under takes. But for the most part, I think would I agree that I want more action in the relationship than just teasing.

Btw, Koenig, you should go watch School Days. I'm not going to tell you anything about it (you don't ether Luna!). Just go and watch it without researching it. Cool

Here, I even got the first episode ready for you:
http://rawranime.tv/138-school-days/1/subbed
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:13 pm

Surely he already knows about it.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:10 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Btw, Koenig, you should go watch School Days.
Nope. Razz
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Latest ep of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso was so good....at current pace, I'll end up giving this show a 10. I'm loving it so much.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:30 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Koenig wrote:Just a minor rant I want to throw in the general direction of harems (though it could be applied to most anime)  If you are going to toy with character relationships please please please bother to actially do something with, or at the very least stop teasing.  harems are typically built around the purpose of doing nothing but toying with relationships with little or no payoff.

It really depends on the atmosphere that the harem under takes. But for the most part, I think would I agree that I want more action in the relationship than just teasing.

Btw, Koenig, you should go watch School Days. I'm not going to tell you anything about it (you don't ether Luna!). Just go and watch it without researching it. Cool

Here, I even got the first episode ready for you:
http://rawranime.tv/138-school-days/1/subbed
Thank you but...No...School Days reputation precedes itself.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm glad to hear that.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:34 pm

Will anyone Wakfu with me?  I want to talk about it with someone!

*Makes puppy eyes*
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next