Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero

+8
Lux
Ochi
ColumbianLoom
Justin
smirkytrick
Cybersix
Koenig
-Mazer
12 posters

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero - Page 7 Empty Re: Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:17 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Well first off. If there was a Half-Life game that had nothing to do with the main story of the franchise, I highly doubt it's gonna be called Half-Life 3.
I'm saying is not every installment of a franchise has to link to the main story of the franchise.

Also I'm just saying, a game that has a storyline that has to link to the game before it will require more work because they have to carefully put in in place.

For example, a new F-Zero game is probably easier to make than a new Metroid prime game because it's not focusing on a story. The reason we see a new Mario game every now and then is because its story is simple (stop Bowser rescue Peach). While a Mario RPG, on the other hand, would have a more complex storyline and thus we don't see that often.
I'm not complaining about the spinoff. I don't care about that. I'm empathizing with Koenig about them dicking around the fans when it comes to the main series. As for the whole "needing time," there has been plenty already. How much time are you talking about exactly? Like I said, just because a ton of time is dedicated into it, doesn't mean it'll be the greatest game ever (again, Duke Nukem Forever is the example).
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero - Page 7 Empty Re: Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:37 pm

I like Duke nukem forever...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:39 pm

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:Ill be honest Mazer,  Nintendo needs another F-Zero simply to give us a Nintendo racer OTHER than Mario Kart.  Likewise, I never even heard of those other F-Zero games you mentioned.

Why do they need it to have 2 racers? I understand the desire but the sales (my business side) doesn't see the point.

I'd rather have a Nintendo racer with characters and vehicles from several franchises

Smash Racers
That is the thing.  F-Zero was a racer, Mario Kart was a Kart racer.  Yes, they are similar, but if you can't see the difference then I simply can't help you.  The fact is that there is an un-fullfiled market on Nintendo's systems right now (Several actually)  

I mean who is clamoring for a Racer on wiiu? Thats what I mean. It doesnt need one because no one is screaming "give us racers".they strictly want fzero
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:42 pm

Luna wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Well first off. If there was a Half-Life game that had nothing to do with the main story of the franchise, I highly doubt it's gonna be called Half-Life 3.
I'm saying is not every installment of a franchise has to link to the main story of the franchise.

Also I'm just saying, a game that has a storyline that has to link to the game before it will require more work because they have to carefully put in in place.

For example, a new F-Zero game is probably easier to make than a new Metroid prime game because it's not focusing on a story. The reason we see a new Mario game every now and then is because its story is simple (stop Bowser rescue Peach). While a Mario RPG, on the other hand, would have a more complex storyline and thus we don't see that often.
I'm not complaining about the spinoff. I don't care about that. I'm empathizing with Koenig about them dicking around the fans when it comes to the main series. As for the whole "needing time," there has been plenty already. How much time are you talking about exactly? Like I said, just because a ton of time is dedicated into it, doesn't mean it'll be the greatest game ever (again, Duke Nukem Forever is the example).
Enough time to make a script. And I'm not saying more time makes a good story, I'm saying a game with a story usually takes more time.
For now, they're just giving us a taste and possibly experiment with a new idea.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:46 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Enough time to make a script. And I'm not saying more time makes a good story, I'm saying a game with a story usually takes more time.
For now, they're just giving us a taste and possibly experiment with a new idea.
When was the last one, Other M, five years ago? Has it been "long enough" in your estimation? I just think that it's been too long since they made one, and I kinda doubt they've been even working on one during that whole time.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Luna wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Enough time to make a script. And I'm not saying more time makes a good story, I'm saying a game with a story usually takes more time.
When was the last one, Other M, five years ago? Has it been "long enough" in your estimation? I just think that it's been too long since they made one, and I kinda doubt they've been even working on one during that whole time.
The script for the story segments probably took about maybe 2-3 years to make. In my opinion. It's usually takes a long time to make a story.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:53 pm

In smirky's defense; there was a massive backlash against Other M's story...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:15 am

*Meh*

Im going to bed. Bitching about Nintendo is tiring. It is like trying to argue the sky is blue.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:26 am

smirkytrick wrote:The script for the story segments probably took about maybe 2-3 years to make. In my opinion. It's usually takes a long time to make a story.
But just considering the time that has already passed, they should have something, in my opinion.
-Mazer wrote:In smirky's defense; there was a massive backlash against Other M's story...
I know, I recall it still. Wasn't it team ninja that worked on it? Or was it just Itagaki?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:47 am

Luna wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:The script for the story segments probably took about maybe 2-3 years to make. In my opinion. It's usually takes a long time to make a story.
But just considering the time that has already passed, they should have something, in my opinion.
-Mazer wrote:In smirky's defense; there was a massive backlash against Other M's story...
I know, I recall it still. Wasn't it team ninja that worked on it? Or was it just Itagaki?
team ninja had absolutely no hand in the story. That was 100% Nintendo
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:58 am

Ah I see
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochi Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:04 am

LegendX48 wrote:
Luna wrote:
team ninja had absolutely no hand in the story. That was 100% Nintendo

yup, all team ninja did was the actual cutscenes, but as Legend said, it was the creator of the Metroid series himself who penned everything in Other M.

Oh nintendo... how could you trust that old coot/fart.... His story may as well have been ripped straight out of 1994 in anime land, but it shouldn't have been made into the biggest metroid entry for it's time.
Ochi
Ochi

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:00 am

You cannot use any DLC characters in offline mode. From a WB email

"In regards to the Goro issue, this character along with the other DLC characters require an active internet connection to be used. Unfortunately, we do not have a workaround for this at this time, we apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Thank you,

Michael.F
WB Games Support"

Not being able to use characters you paid EXTRA above the 60 dollar price tag is unforgivable.

Not to mention the mountain of bugs, crashes, unusable skins, rank resets, disconnects, lag, etc...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:02 am

-Mazer wrote:
Squirrel500 wrote:hey guys how has everyone been?

Good though I will be going to doctors soon because of a lump in my arm.

that sounds scary mazer hopefully it's benign
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:22 pm

-Mazer wrote:

"In regards to the Goro issue, this character along with the other DLC characters require an active internet connection to be used. Unfortunately, we do not have a workaround for this at this time, we apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Thank you,

Michael.F
WB Games Support"

Not being able to use characters you paid EXTRA above the 60 dollar price tag is unforgivable.

Not to mention the mountain of bugs, crashes, unusable skins, rank resets, disconnects, lag, etc...
Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero - Page 7 BFFJysJ
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:05 pm

Scored my "Sleep with a girl in 4 nights" Achieve
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:07 pm

-Mazer wrote:Scored my "Sleep with a girl in 4 nights" Achieve
Damn son, what'd you do to get in her pants in 72 hours flat?
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:49 pm

-Mazer wrote:

Thank you,

Michael.F
WB Games Support"

when, and why, did they decide to become the new EA?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:58 pm

Feminists are furious that a woman is going to be on the 10$ bill instead of the 20$ bill.

http://amysmartgirls.com/a-woman-on-the-10-bill-gives-us-an-inch-when-were-owed-a-mile/
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Lux wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Scored my "Sleep with a girl in 4 nights" Achieve
Damn son, what'd you do to get in her pants in 72 hours flat?

Bought her video games, candies, and took her to the park Very Happy

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

Thank you,

Michael.F
WB Games Support"

when, and why, did they decide to become the new EA?

It saddens me a LOT...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:40 pm

-Mazer wrote:Feminists are furious that a woman is going to be on the 10$ bill instead of the 20$ bill.

http://amysmartgirls.com/a-woman-on-the-10-bill-gives-us-an-inch-when-were-owed-a-mile/
Darn. Now the patriarchy truly wins now that our bill has to be the result of breaking a bill that has a man's face on it.

EDIT: The new Zelda game is Mazer approved. You can dress as Zelda...As Link.
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Totally wanting to crossdress link
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:25 pm

it sure is fucking irritating trying to play online games when you can't fucking play online games

Really?

LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:25 pm

It makes me Sad that certain feminists have completely distorted the meaning and intention of the movement.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Muppets were probably the best thing about the Nintendo Press conference this year...

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero - Page 7 Nintendo_puppets_1.0
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next