Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR!

+9
smirkytrick
Justin
-Mazer
Cybersix
zulux21
Lunacy
TensePsychopath
Koenig
LegendX48
13 posters

Page 15 of 36 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR! - Page 15 Empty Re: Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR!

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:40 am

Sorry I did not get to the thread I was talking about tonight. I went to see The Martian with friends and it was much longer than I thought. (2 hours 22 minutes) But, it was also very good so I'd say it evens out. I will definitely get to the thread tomorrow.

Who can I count on to join me in it?
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:52 am

To whoever the fuck is who keeps setting off Fire Crackers in the ally at 2:30 in the morning on a daily basis, Fuck you.

I don't know who you are but you have made an enemy and In due time I will make you rue the day you were born. DON"T FUCK WITH ME SLEEP!

*tries to go back to bed*
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:03 am

*Sees his precious baby go down in one fucking hit from a single attack from an archer that is several levels below her*

...Casual Mode it is then.

*Starts new game*
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:41 am

?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:46 am

Fire Emblem has shown me its true nature and how using optimal typing against units is not only a great idea, it is basically a guaranteed kill. It taught me this by killing my pegasus waifu before I knew what the fuck.

No. You can't take her like that, Fire Emblem. I'm putting in my pink ribbon hair pin and pretty pink pansy princess dress and I'm switching to Casual Mode with pride.
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:47 am

lol
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:18 am

I honestly like the game cube version more because of its reduce class bonus's.(among other things) Flying units were still completely screwed over by archers, but they could still survive more than one hit.

The later and earlier fire emblem games are not so kind.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Lux wrote:
No. You can't take her like that, Fire Emblem. I'm putting in my pink ribbon hair pin and pretty pink pansy princess dress and I'm switching to Casual Mode with pride.
lmao
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:11 pm

smirkytrick wrote:@zulu
Never thought that SU and Avatar wouldn't have that much in common other than good writing. But thinking about it now, that's a really fitting comparison.

@ Mazer
Just curious, have you ever tried or at least heard of Undertale?

Everyone keeps talking bout it...

*is showing Hellsing Ultimate to his lady Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:25 pm

My niece loves it.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:33 pm

feels nice to be all caught up on inktober stuffs
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:25 pm

zulux21 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Saying that it will surpass Avatar is a serious prediction.

it's actually lining up quite favoriablly to Avatar. It's got a bit more kiddy humor in it (and a number of fun songs), and it suffers a bit from being 11 min episodes instead of 22 but when you combine the episodes down into 22 min episodes (so 26 episode seasons vs 20 for avatar) you have a similar path in season 1.

you both start with a child of destiny, in avatar it is a lot more clear what that is at the start, but either way both shows are comedy focus for a good part of season 1 and as you reach the second half of season one start digging into the lore and becoming more serious.

In a season 1 battle I would give the edge to Avatar as it started a bit more serious, but SU isn't a slouch there, the end arc of season 1 is a nice battle with a number of big reveals that they have been building to all season and a ton of new information to deal with leading into season 2.

In season 2 it becomes a neck and neck battle for me at this point. Avatar still has less random extra stuff going on, but the difference really isn't that much between them at this point. Even with the random stuff more and more lore is coming out and the plot is moving along, and for the last couple episodes and likely the next 4 eps or so they have been building up a big ass mid season event with tons of lore on top of it. I mean the most recent episode dealt heavily with slavery, a caste system, and racism. (granted there were jokes going on while doing this but that is the only way this would have been allowed, if they had gone the straight talking about them route they would have needed at least a tv14 rating lol)

We will have to see how the final product is, but SU makes one thing very clear, much like the Avatar Writers they care a lot about their universe. They do a ton of research and try to make sure there are as few contradictions as possible, and they do a crap ton of setting up for later events before you even know those later events are coming meaning there is plenty of things to notice on a second watch.

It's the type of show now that when you sit down and watch it you watch for the little details because there is no such thing as an object that is in the show because they thought it would look cool, pretty much everything is there for a reason.

If season 2 continues as it is I will have absolutely no problem recommending the show to someone who wants an adventure like Avatar as it's shaping up nicely to follow in avatar's footsteps.

for what avatar did to asian culture steven universe is doing with Gemstones and minerals lol.

edit: note I said that it could pass avatar in lore and seriousness of story, it's still quite up in the air if the overall quality of the story will be better (avatar has the edge here but SU still has tons of great story going on now) when all is said in done I still fully expect avatar to keep the crown of best overall american kids show with a focus on story, but that is only because at this point I am expecting SU to stick around for 5-6 more years which will likely lead to it jumping onto a different less quality story line than it currently is. Kind of like what Avatar has been doing with the comic lines. The comics are enjoyable, but not great. Season 6 of SU will likely be like that, enjoyable but not as great as the first few seasons.

that being said the creator has obviously spent a lot of time and love crafting this story/characters/universe and could have solid plans for many years as she is a very talented person (first female to be the lead creator of a show on CN, and she isn't even 30) and a decent musician.

I will take a peak at season 1. If anything to see what all the fuss is about. Right now I wanna get back into trying Gravity Falls.

As in terms of Avatar - I feel that it is very hard to surpass it in terms of growth and story telling. What I love about the Airbender show was the fact that it eased kids (and adults) into serious dramatic moments. It started silly but it went from Aang belly sliding with penguins to...

Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR! - Page 15 Tumblr_lw5wxnc3cn1r1nmpao1_500

And it wasn't afraid to discuss death, murder, and revenge. Let alone love, joy, and sacrifice. Plus the girls were not only very cute but very powerful ^_^ but the boys were idiots either.

Korra...eh not so much imo. Lost interest during season 2, but the Airbender...Hells to the Yes.

Plus the comic books are amazing as well Very Happy

Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR! - Page 15 Latest?cb=20130324213512
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:10 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Korra...eh not so much imo. Lost interest during season 2, but the Airbender...Hells to the Yes.

Plus the comic books are amazing as well Very Happy

Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR! - Page 15 Latest?cb=20130324213512

if you watch the song I posted yesterday you can see that SU gets quite serious as well ect. To be fair I had originally stopped watching steven universe. It wasn't bad through the first 10-15 eps (keep in mind these are 10 min eps) but it wasn't something I cared enough to come back to. After I caught up on adventure time I decided to catch up on steven universe because it had a bit of the same feel as Adventure time (makes sense it's created by the person who wrote the best story lines in adventure time) picked it back up and then quickly fell in love with it since it stopped with all the random episodes and quickly developed lore and a bigger story going on and didn't just tease it started dealing with it and having great battles and moments with it.

also
"And it wasn't afraid to discuss death, murder, and revenge. Let alone love, joy, and sacrifice."
at this point SU has covered all of those but murder (but that could easily come up) plus much more such as slavery, caste systems, taboo relationships such as effectively gay marriage, as well as rape.

Heck we even have themes of necromancy and experimentation of corpses going on lol.

avatar will win in cutely drawn girls no contest, SU doesn't really go for that at all, that being said I like Connie from SU better than any female from avatar.

as for korra... heh... so close.

did you at least watch the origin of the avatar episode in season 2?

that is the turning point for korra (and one of avatar universe favorite eps of all time topping most episodes from the original), that is the first really good episode, and then the series from there on out is pretty good. Season 2's second half is still not great but season 3 and 4 were solid and felt like worthy avatar sequels.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:33 pm

@Cybersix and @Mazer!

I updated the concept the initial summary, you guys down for bouncing thoughts and idea's?

https://wssf.forumotion.com/t296-pop-up-theatre
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:01 pm

I like the idea Koenig. I'll offer better input the moment I have break Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:29 pm

I enjoyed season 2 of Korra : |

also, season 3 and 4 have tons of great action and a hell of a cool character/villain.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:28 pm

LegendX48 wrote:I enjoyed season 2 of Korra : |

also, season 3 and 4 have tons of great action and a hell of a cool character/villain.

season 2 of korra was such a mixed bag

origin of avatar special AMAZING
episodes after that where they reboot Korra's personality good.
episodes before that where Korra has a horrid personality and is basically just a Tsundare without any dare as well as the horrid teen romance and poor force plot.... a steaming pile of poo poo Sad
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Thoughts on Korra being Bi-sexual?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:42 pm

-Mazer wrote:Thoughts on Korra being Bi-sexual?

Asami was a far better match for her than either  of the guys so uh..

you go girl?

beyond that I am happy that they pushed nick to its limits going that route as there is no reason why two girls or two guys shouldn't be able to be in a relationship if it's between two consenting adults.

It makes me happy they are doing that in SU as well.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:12 am

What does it say about Mako that both of his ex-girlfriends decided to date each other?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:13 am

-Mazer wrote:I like the idea Koenig. I'll offer better input the moment I have break Very Happy
Looking forward to it.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:14 am

zulux21 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Thoughts on Korra being Bi-sexual?

Asami was a far better match for her than either  of the guys so uh..

you go girl?

beyond that I am happy that they pushed nick to its limits going that route as there is no reason why two girls or two guys shouldn't be able to be in a relationship if it's between two consenting adults.

It makes me happy they are doing that in SU as well.
I hated it, in part due to the fact that there was no build up to it at all. Character development in general took several steps backwards in Korra IMO.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:39 am

Koenig wrote:
I hated it, in part due to the fact that there was no build up to it at all.  Character development in general took several steps backwards in Korra IMO.

I could get that.
at the same time I was so happy that they weren't trying to for a mako korra thing again that I can overlook it. mako korra was horrible.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:04 am

Koenig wrote:I hated it, in part due to the fact that there was no build up to it at all.  Character development in general took several steps backwards in Korra IMO.
I kinda agree, since the show itself didn't show it happening, so it came off as sudden. Although, I feel like it wasn't just shoehorned in, that there was development, just that it happened in the background, which is my issue.
zulux21 wrote:I could get that.
at the same time I was so happy that they weren't trying to for a mako korra thing again that I can overlook it. mako korra was horrible.
I agree, MakoxKorra was awful.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:41 am

*disagrees and liked Mako and Korra*

Anywho, Mario Maker finally arrived from Gamefly!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 36 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next