Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

+8
zulux21
-Mazer
Cybersix
TensePsychopath
LegendX48
Koenig
smirkytrick
ColumbianLoom
12 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 32 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:So Legend, do you plan on getting MEA or are you just going to shit on it like everyone else is Razz
I'm gonna ignore it like I did 3.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 32 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by Koenig Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:03 pm

I really wanted to get into the ME series, but back when the trilogy was released EA gave me ME3 as my option instead. Businessmen are dumb.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:36 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Just curious, who here is getting Yooka-Laylee?

I was until I watched gameplay...it seems....empty...like...really really empty.......and the voice effects are a bit annoying

LegendX48 wrote:
zulux21 wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Dad: "Comb your hair, clean your car and shave and you'll get a girlfriend!"

Me: ...

I don't know a damn thing about this but I'm pretty sure that none of that is how it works. That said, it is time to vacuum my car again.

I met my wife when I was actively growing out my hair and shaving only once per week or so.
and i didn't have a car Razz
but you ain't going bald like I seem to be >.>

*there is a reason I prefer wearing Hats these das*

xXJus10Xx wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:*Gets to Eventide Island. Runs into Hinox boss*

Wait, how...

*sees metal boxes on cliff, remembers that he has Magnesis gadget/item*

...oh. Oh.... OH! I like this. I really, really like this.

*realizes it's been about 5 hours since he started playing*

from a 4/10 to an 8/10 because I stumbled upon Eventide by accident, tamed a new horse and found 4 memories and, while leaving a shrine, a big dragon just came up out of Lake Hylia and I just watched it circle around before going back into the water.

RE7 style opinion 180.
Looks like you finally got into gear in the game, huh?  XD

Who would have thought that! And what the hell is this EvenTide island I keep hearing about?

Also: I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zelda more now that I've seen all of her memories. She is so much more complex than any of her other versions. I feel so bad for her...just want to give her a hug!!!

One thing I enjoy is they actually mention that Link DOES talk. If you read her diaries, she goes over their conversations and also explain why he is quiet all the time - a fun tidbit that I loved.

Koenig wrote:I am on the fence about Yooka-laylee.  I was planning on buying it at launch, but now ill be waiting on reviews.

Same...I LOVE the art style but like I said above....it seems very empty which makes me sad.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:09 pm

reposting for new page
LegendX48 wrote:Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 32 Tumblr_onbpegykjo1w89q7jo1_540
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:44 pm

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Just curious, who here is getting Yooka-Laylee?

I was until I watched gameplay...it seems....empty...like...really really empty.......and the voice effects are a bit annoying

LegendX48 wrote:
zulux21 wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Dad: "Comb your hair, clean your car and shave and you'll get a girlfriend!"

Me: ...

I don't know a damn thing about this but I'm pretty sure that none of that is how it works. That said, it is time to vacuum my car again.

I met my wife when I was actively growing out my hair and shaving only once per week or so.
and i didn't have a car Razz
but you ain't going bald like I seem to be >.>

*there is a reason I prefer wearing Hats these das*

xXJus10Xx wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:*Gets to Eventide Island. Runs into Hinox boss*

Wait, how...

*sees metal boxes on cliff, remembers that he has Magnesis gadget/item*

...oh. Oh.... OH! I like this. I really, really like this.

*realizes it's been about 5 hours since he started playing*

from a 4/10 to an 8/10 because I stumbled upon Eventide by accident, tamed a new horse and found 4 memories and, while leaving a shrine, a big dragon just came up out of Lake Hylia and I just watched it circle around before going back into the water.

RE7 style opinion 180.
Looks like you finally got into gear in the game, huh?  XD

Who would have thought that! And what the hell is this EvenTide island I keep hearing about?

Also: I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zelda more now that I've seen all of her memories. She is so much more complex than any of her other versions. I feel so bad for her...just want to give her a hug!!!

One thing I enjoy is they actually mention that Link DOES talk. If you read her diaries, she goes over their conversations and also explain why he is quiet all the time - a fun tidbit that I loved.

Koenig wrote:I am on the fence about Yooka-laylee.  I was planning on buying it at launch, but now ill be waiting on reviews.

Same...I LOVE the art style but like I said above....it seems very empty which makes me sad.
Aye. although I am also hanging back in part to their recent stance on Jon Tron. When companies throw people under the bus, even for the sake of PR (especially for the sake of PR) I become very wary of the integrity.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:24 pm

I understand Playtonic wanting to distance themselves from Jontron. They're essentially a brand new company with everything to prove, the last thing they want is their new image to be tainted with racism and ignorance.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:30 pm

I just realized the Chippettes actually dance "Sexily" while naked in this movie...

this...makes me uncomfortable
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:50 pm

LegendX48 wrote:I understand Playtonic wanting to distance themselves from Jontron. They're essentially a brand new company with everything to prove, the last thing they want is their new image to be tainted with racism and ignorance.
I understand that, but it is still a spineless and cowardly move on their part. Not to mention incredibly hypocritical once you take into account their PR nonsense. Damned if you, damned if you don't I suppose.

When companies and people start using a persons personal viewpoints to discriminate, all the while parading their own opinions as absolute truth and holding others to an obscene double standard, then they have crossed the line and are no better (In fact I would argue often worse) than those that they condemn.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:54 pm

-Mazer wrote:
The BK speak? I think it's great.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:15 am

Koenig wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:I understand Playtonic wanting to distance themselves from Jontron. They're essentially a brand new company with everything to prove, the last thing they want is their new image to be tainted with racism and ignorance.
I understand that, but it is still a spineless and cowardly move on their part.  Not to mention incredibly hypocritical once you take into account their PR nonsense.  Damned if you, damned if you don't I suppose.  

When companies and people start using a persons personal viewpoints to discriminate,  all the while parading their own opinions as absolute truth and holding others to an obscene double standard, then they have crossed the line and are no better (In fact I would argue often worse) than those that they condemn.
it's a tricky situation though I'm not sure it's cowardly. Jon just exploded into social media showing the kind of person he is and Playtonic doesn't want to be associated with that, especially when you consider the political climate right now. I wouldn't feel comfortable having my first huge project featuring a decently well known scummy person. At the end of the day, I agree that it is discrimination but I get it.

That said, I don't know what their PR statement on the situation is/was.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:11 am

The hate for Andromeda makes me so fucking sad. The game is fair from bad. Take a few bad animations and the game is garbage. WTF this gaming community is beyond toxic.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:21 am

Cybersix wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
The BK speak? I think it's great.

Naw. I mean the constant grunting, and noises during jumps. That is a bit "gets old fast" to me.

@ Bear

Well man, it's more or less contributed to the fact that a 40 million dollar game really should NOT have issues like that. These aren't really Skyrim worth errors either...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:29 am

LegendX48 wrote:
Koenig wrote:
I understand that, but it is still a spineless and cowardly move on their part.  Not to mention incredibly hypocritical once you take into account their PR nonsense.  Damned if you, damned if you don't I suppose.  

When companies and people start using a persons personal viewpoints to discriminate,  all the while parading their own opinions as absolute truth and holding others to an obscene double standard, then they have crossed the line and are no better (In fact I would argue often worse) than those that they condemn.
it's a tricky situation though I'm not sure it's cowardly. Jon just exploded into social media showing the kind of person he is and Playtonic doesn't want to be associated with that, especially when you consider the political climate right now. I wouldn't feel comfortable having my first huge project featuring a decently well known scummy person. At the end of the day, I agree that it is discrimination but I get it.

That said, I don't know what their PR statement on the situation is/was.

It is NOT discrimination. I'm sorry but that word is thrown around a lot.

They are acting like a Sponsor who discovered that their athlete is not living up to the standards of their product. It's as if someone was using Mike Tyson as their face of boxing gloves and suddenly he punches his wife and becomes a media shyt storm. They will drop him IMMEDIATELY.

The same goes with JonTron. He was a highly talked about portion of the game; he shared his excitement, they talked about it, and then he shoots off his mouth. It is ACCEPTABLE that they drop his portion from the game.

It's not discrimination. He has no right to be in the game if they don't want him in it any longer. If Charles Manson was in a Disney Cartoon and before it was released, his cult behavior became public, they would cut his lines out of the move immediately and revoice it. That's not discrimination. That's keeping your brand safe.

And I don't know what PR stuff they did but here's the difference:

As the company, they have every right to say what they want when it is their viewpoint. HOWEVER that DOES NOT mean they CANNOT disagree with another's viewpoint. So if they said "Burn all Blacks" and their main voice actor says "Burn all Jews" They still have every right to say "WOAH! HOLD ON! We don't want to be associated with THAT hate." Because it does not represent their company properly.

Again; NOT discrimination. It's called Public Relations, Marketing, and Brand Protection. Disney does this all the time as do hundreds upon hundreds of companies. Was it discrimination when so many companies dropped Tiger Woods after his cheating scandal? Nope. And the same logic applies here.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:45 am

And I still call of those spineless moves, for all for all of the companies listed. I have no apologies to give for an company who bends their knees at a moments notice over something completely irrelevant aspect.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:49 am

They are well in their right to remove Jontron from their game...
It's just not the best move.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:51 am

People and companies are well in their rights to do a variety of this; that does not mean that any of them are good or even ethical, and I will not abide by a double standard where ethics are thrown out the window for the sake of PR.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:44 pm

their genius idea to make the new jumanji movie fresh.

Kids trapped in a video game.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:07 pm

I got some Breath of the Wild screenshots if anyone wants to see.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:46 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:I got some Breath of the Wild screenshots if anyone wants to see.
SHARE!
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:49 pm

How is it a spineless move? You cannot CANNOT be associated with someone who does not represent your company's public standards. It is business sucide for you to sponser, represent, or be associated with a personality that takes such a 180 publicly.

This s not someone being dropped because they are Gay or Black or Trans. That is discrimination. This is dropping someone because of venomous things said in a public forum and then repeated even more in other public forums. You cannot be associsted with that as a company. This has nothing to do with morals or emotion it has everything to do with business.

It is not spineless - it is protecting your image, franchise, etc. You do not want to be the company who puts Micheal Vick on the front of the cereal box after his arrest for dog fighting. You do not want to be the company who uses that rugby player who butchered his girlfriend in your video game.

I am sorry but EVERY conpany in the world would do the exact same thing. Jon has 100% the right to say anything he wants but he has to live with the consequences and sadly companies not wanting to be associated with him is that consequence.

I am very sure he will lose his Audible.com sponser as well from this. It is not spineless. It is not "the wrong move". It is how the business world works
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:43 pm

Wait, what's going on?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Lunacy wrote:Wait, what's going on?

there is a sword art online board game kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/370924922/sword-art-online-board-game-sword-of-fellows/description

and

to actually answer your question...
I think some mostly family friendly youtube guy decided to go not family friendly with his political views and a company that makes the spirited sequel to banjo cut ties with them because of what they said.

or maybe he was a developer on the game *shrugs*

either way he said stupid shit on the internet, his employer didn't like it, so they let him go.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:51 pm

ewwsao

Ohh, I see.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:03 pm

in different thoughts
https://www.humblebundle.com/hooked-on-multiplayer-bundle might be a fun bundle for some of you.

tricky towers is a solid puzzle game.
eon alter looks interesting
primal carnage is likely something mazer would like.
rampage knights looks like a nice castle crashers clone
ect Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next