Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

+8
zulux21
-Mazer
Cybersix
TensePsychopath
LegendX48
Koenig
smirkytrick
ColumbianLoom
12 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 31 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by LegendX48 Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Finally got to a dungeon in BOTW, did the Zora domain one. Interesting but short. Didn't know I could actually control parts of it so I kinda ran around for a bit lol It finally felt like a Zelda game, albeit briefly.

Then the engine decided the game should be 20fps during the boss fight @_@

speaking of which, cheap one shot during the second phase Really?

Anywho, game slowly rising from a 4/10 for me. Still runs like gutter trash. Dragon's Dogma on PS3 ran like absolute dog shit but was extremely satisfying. BOTW follows one of those things so far.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 31 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by Koenig Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:I beat the game!  A very cool boss, though I was underwhelmed by the fight itself.

I am so excited for that final confrontation. I wanna do more things in the world before I fight him though. I have 4 memories left, want to upgrade my armor some more, get a few more hearts, and work on some side missions. I want to finish the game but I know when I do, I will probably take a long break from it. After burning through 2nd Son, Terraria, and now this one, I am sure I'll need a game-over break for a good month or so.
I completed all 120 shrines, all memories, and upgrade my gear before taking him on. I have to say that the fun was in the journey and not the destination.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:37 am

-Mazer wrote:Damn work computers never display images. Hmph.
here's a link
https://s1210.photobucket.com/user/Dylan_Bowles/media/CleaningLady%20copy_zpsssdmqoip.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:32 am

Why did I get face rig when I don't have a camera
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:46 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:Why did I get face rig when I don't have a camera
because it costs like $10 to get a decent webcam anymore?
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:15 pm

*Gets to Eventide Island. Runs into Hinox boss*

Wait, how...

*sees metal boxes on cliff, remembers that he has Magnesis gadget/item*

...oh. Oh.... OH! I like this. I really, really like this.

*realizes it's been about 5 hours since he started playing*

from a 4/10 to an 8/10 because I stumbled upon Eventide by accident, tamed a new horse and found 4 memories and, while leaving a shrine, a big dragon just came up out of Lake Hylia and I just watched it circle around before going back into the water.

RE7 style opinion 180.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Lol, hehe. I love how expansive the game is and how many things there are in it. Now if only the story was better it would easily be my new altime favorite.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Okay, I'm starting to enjoy it now but it still has this feeling of way too much downtime.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:25 pm

So now that I have beat the game, would you guys like to read my suggestions for future installations in the series?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Koenig wrote:So now that I have beat the game, would you guys like to read my suggestions for future installations in the series?
Yus! Keep it spoiler free if you can though
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Now that I have completed the game, I wanted to share my thoughts on it as well as my hopes for the future.

This is easily Nintendo's most ambitious game in over a decade: The world is expansive, the physics engine is amazing, the art style has been perfected, the numerous little touches bring the world to life, while the difficulty is a pleasant return to form. Aside from a number of niggling complaints the game is damn near perfect in my opinion. I know a lot of people have grown to hate the durability system, however I think the way it was implemented works near perfectly (Although they could be just a bit more durable for my liking) The one exception to this is the story; without trying to spoil, I will say that it felt very underdeveloped, especially given the emphasis that is put on it by comparison to the games side quests.

With all that said, here are the little things I would like to see changed or added, as well as the microscopic complaints I do have. Do not consider these criticisms (As I know most of you tend to view my suggestions) but as hopes and ideas that could improve upon an already amazing game. I would love to hear you guys thoughts on them, as well as what you would like to see added or changed in future games as well.

Things I would Change:

-Compendium HP. I would like to see the "scanning" system in the game be responsible for HP displays instead of requiring the use of the Champions Tunic. A small touch, but I can't help but feel it would make more sense and be more practical for most of the game.

-Fix daylight settings. Purely a cosmetic complaint, but why the hell does the Sun rise at 3:00 AM in this game? I am hoping that in the next game the lighting setting can be fixed slightly.

-Circular Hotbars. The menu system in this game is very clean, however I found that the D-pad hotkeys tend to become very cluttered towards the end of the game, especially after you have upgraded your respective weapon capacities. Rather than being a horizontal bar, I think a traditional item wheel would have been far more effective.

-Larger whistle range. I love the ability to ride horses, but I found that every time I took one with me and got off to explore, I would quickly get out of range and be unable to summon my mount anymore. Often it would be faster to teleport to a stable, use them to automatically recall the horse, and ride back from there ; so I can't help but feel that a larger (say double to tripple) range on your whistle would make the horse much more useful in the long run.

-More Rupees. Another niggling complaint, but I found that the economy in BoTW felt a little...skewed. Difficult quests involving raiding Hyrule castle will net you as little as 300 rupees, but a cheap meal or potion can the same amount for 100x less effort. Meanwhile, Rupees in the chests and the wild itself are exceptionally scarce, and typically come in nickles and dimes. Once you through the truck loads of gems you will likely accumulate into the mix, things get even worse. (By the end of the game, I had 55,000 rupees and nothing to spend them on)

-Better AI. The AI in BoTW is functional, but not much more than that. If possible I would like to the AI improved on in future updates or releases, possibly including new tactics and a larger range of activity. (I have lost count of the number of times ill be in the middle of a fight, only to find half the enemies I have been fighting have wondered off and forget that I exist)

-More Stamps. The number of chests, boss monsters, lynels, rare ore locations, and other hidden goodies scattered across the world simply far exceed the mere 100 stamps you are allowed to use; and if you are anything like me you ran out of usable stamps within only a few regions. More stamps would be a wonderful addition to the game, allowing us to map out the world with much more detail.

-Apparatus Shrines. I love these shrines in concept, but in execution the reliance on motion controls really falls short. I don't necessarily want to see the motion control aspect of these shrines removed, but I would much rather have the ability or option to use the analogue sticks in addition to them. (Much like how the aiming works)

Things I want to see return:

-Hidden moves. I would love to see hidden moves make a return from games like Twilight Princess, Windwaker, and the Minish cap. These unique moves could be rewarded to the player over time, and would greatly expand links weapon based combat. Couple that with the already numerous weapons in the game and the other combinations with it, and this could exponentially increase the players options in combat for relatively little cost.

-Pit of Trials. Again a returning feature I would love to see is the gantlet of enemies that you have to fight through in the pit of trials. Few things feel quite as rewarding as beating one of these, and if combined with a unique costume, weapon, or ability, the reward alone could become a huge goal for many a player.

-Swimming (Underwater). BoTW has swimming, but it is limited to a 2D plain. I would love to explore the flooded depths of rivers, caves, lakes and ravines were this made available again.

-More returning enemies: Where are the Darknuts, the Redead, and the Poes? Where are the Skulltulas, the Deku babas, and the Tektites? Where are the P-hats, the Kargoroks and the Beamos?. There are a huge number of inexplicable omissions in BoTW that I would love to see make a return.

-Traditional Dungeons/Items. Now this is one that I know is going to be controversial, especially around here; I would love to see traditional items and dungeons built around them (and the runes) be included in addition to the Shrines already in the game. Giving the free roaming nature of the world it would probably be best that these dungeons are not mandatory, but I feel that their inclusion would go a long ways towards creating a bit more variety in the game. Perhaps they could be tied to long running quests (like Terry town for example) and be a reward/challenge for those who find them.

-Spells/Weather control. Perhaps it because I have a paradoxical love of thunderstorms and hatred of rain in this game, but I would love to see a variation of the Song of Storms and Sun Song which would allow you to control the games weather temporarily. Again, the potential for tying these to shrines and the quests is high.

Things I want to add:

-NPC map. I would absolutely love to see an NPC map like the one used in Xenoblade Chronicles. A way to not only keep track of all the NPC's you have found in the World, but also visualize their relationships with fellow NPC's and status's in regards to quests and personal goals.

-Armor Sets. A small touch I think would be great, would be the ability to make set combinations they could be easily selected for mix & match armors. A mere convenience for those interested in using them; perhaps even tying said armor sets to a hot key system. (This would have saved me a huge amount of time when switching between hot/cold/climbing/swimming armor sets to my standard armor set)

-Weapon/Armor Forges. I would love the ability to "craft" weapons in the various villages across the world provided I had the right gems and materials to do so. Even if the weapons I could craft were limited It would still be a fun feature to have, and would not interfear with the combat system as is. Couple it with quest specific and secret blueprints and you have recipe for success.

-More music. Although I was initially disappointed by the music in BoTW, it's purpose and implementation has grown on me. However I can't help but feel that most of the music tracks in the game are reused too often, and I would love to hear more.

-More new enemies. Outside of the Guardians and Yiga, there are not really many new enemies to begin with in BoTW, and couple this with the numerous missing enemies I mentioned before, and things start to feel a little baren (Not including colored variants that is). Perhaps I am just a sucker for new and creative things, or perhaps Monster Hunter has just ruined me; but I would love to see more enemies and more challenging bosses around the world for me to hunt.

-Elite/Unique Monsters. I would also like to see the inclusion of unique or elite monster in the various enemy bases or hidden grotto's around the world. As is, I can't help but feel that if you have seen one Bokoblin camp, you have seen them all. If tied to certain side quests or perhaps even a variant of the army system like that of Shadow of Mordor, and you might find something a bit more interesting to do.

-Poses/Emotes. Now this is something I certainly understand not being in the game, but with the inclusion of NPC behavior and a selfy system, and I can't help but feel that the inclusion of various poses/emotes for Link would be a fun inclusion to have. Even more-so if it were tied to hidden quests, shrines, or interactions in the world.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:17 pm

So I'm just going to leave this here and say one thing that will more likely piss off people.

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 31 C74gsu10

Ryder has a better persona then Shepard does, now don't get me wrong I Worship the OG Trilogy but god damn this game is amazing.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Jesus christ how long have you stayed awake playing that
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:31 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:Jesus christ how long have you stayed awake playing that

Not long, about 15 to 16 hours per day since launch.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Dad: "Comb your hair, clean your car and shave and you'll get a girlfriend!"

Me: ...

I don't know a damn thing about this but I'm pretty sure that none of that is how it works. That said, it is time to vacuum my car again.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:27 pm

Just curious, who here is getting Yooka-Laylee?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:35 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Dad: "Comb your hair, clean your car and shave and you'll get a girlfriend!"

I don't know a damn thing about this but I'm pretty sure that none of that is how it works. That said, it is time to vacuum my car again.

I met my wife when I was actively growing out my hair and shaving only once per week or so.
and i didn't have a car Razz

smirkytrick wrote:Just curious, who here is getting Yooka-Laylee?

I plan to eventually get it, but since it's a game that doesn't have the word Persona in the title that comes out in april of this year, I don't give a shit about it and I will get to it when it is half price in a few month.

only acception to that is Cosmic Star Heroine, and that is only because I like the devs a lot, and I backed their kickstarter forever ago and it just happened to come out in april.

as I sit here debating about giving zelda another try, I realize that persona is a week away... so yeah... I will just try zelda again after persona 5.

zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:14 am

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 31 UwTZV3Y
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:43 am

zulux21 wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Dad: "Comb your hair, clean your car and shave and you'll get a girlfriend!"

I met my wife when I was actively growing out my hair and shaving only once per week or so.
and i didn't have a car Razz
but you ain't going bald like I seem to be >.>
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:49 am

LegendX48 wrote:*Gets to Eventide Island. Runs into Hinox boss*

Wait, how...

*sees metal boxes on cliff, remembers that he has Magnesis gadget/item*

...oh. Oh.... OH! I like this. I really, really like this.

*realizes it's been about 5 hours since he started playing*

from a 4/10 to an 8/10 because I stumbled upon Eventide by accident, tamed a new horse and found 4 memories and, while leaving a shrine, a big dragon just came up out of Lake Hylia and I just watched it circle around before going back into the water.

RE7 style opinion 180.
Looks like you finally got into gear in the game, huh? XD
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:55 am

LegendX48 wrote:
but you ain't going bald like I seem to be >.>

my hair line is clearly receding sir.

that being said if you are going bald just embrace it.
bald in general for guys is common enough that it isn't a big deal.

however if you do crap like comb overs and what not you just look stupid, you clearly lack confidence, and in general you are just making a big deal about something that isn't a big deal.

even if you can't pull off the fully bald look (though in general while it looks weird at first after a bit most guys look fine like that) short hair is also fine Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:06 am

Cybersix wrote:
Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 31 UwTZV3Y
of course.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:43 am

I am on the fence about Yooka-laylee. I was planning on buying it at launch, but now ill be waiting on reviews.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:46 pm

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 31 Tumblr_onbpegykjo1w89q7jo1_540
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:47 pm

So Legend, do you plan on getting MEA or are you just going to shit on it like everyone else is Razz
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next