Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports stuff thread: Superb Broncos

+6
-Mazer
Bearhugger29
TensePsychopath
Squirrel500
Koenig
ColumbianLoom
10 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Sports stuff thread: Superb Broncos - Page 4 Empty Re: Sports stuff thread: Superb Broncos

Post by Lunacy Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Yeah, that was so intense. With that tie, in the group, Brazil is still first place and Mexico still second. Hoping Croatia and Cameroon tie tomorrow and that's closer to passing in the group stage.

Also, Mexico is the bottom team from North America to make it into the tourney. They barely made it and they're playing lights out.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Sports stuff thread: Superb Broncos - Page 4 Empty Re: Sports stuff thread: Superb Broncos

Post by Lunacy Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:59 am

http://thinkprogress.org/default/2014/06/18/3450333/in-landmark-decision-us-patent-office-cancels-trademark-for-redskins-football-team/

I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere else, but if true, I'm glad. I hope the movement to change that blatantly racist name get's stronger and stronger until it's forced.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Great game between Netherlands and Australia.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:29 pm

Darth Luna wrote:http://thinkprogress.org/default/2014/06/18/3450333/in-landmark-decision-us-patent-office-cancels-trademark-for-redskins-football-team/

I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere else, but if true, I'm glad. I hope the movement to change that blatantly racist name get's stronger and stronger until it's forced.

I really don't see the big deal. It's a classic name and it should just stay. Are Native Americans really feeling degraded by a name like "Redskins"? Maybe we should ban the name "Arizona Sun Devils" because it has the word "Devil" in it and that's degrading to Christians.
 Neutral 

That's what this argument looks like in my eyes. It's just a name and it's no big deal.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:Great game between Netherlands and Australia.

I'm rooting for Australia since my aunt, uncle, and cousins like there!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:55 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
I really don't see the big deal. It's a classic name and it should just stay. Are Native Americans really feeling degraded by a name like "Redskins"? Maybe we should ban the name "Arizona Sun Devils" because it has the word "Devil" in it and that's degrading to Christians.
 Neutral 

That's what this argument looks like in my eyes. It's just a name and it's no big deal.
Except Christians wouldn't find that degrading. It's demeaning a whole race of people, that's the issue here.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Heartbreaking loss for the Aussies. They played great, was a really fun game.

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:http://thinkprogress.org/default/2014/06/18/3450333/in-landmark-decision-us-patent-office-cancels-trademark-for-redskins-football-team/

Neutral 

You really don't see how "redskins" is a racist name? It's been there for far too long, I've wondered all my life why it was there, glad to see that the movement to remove it is finally strong enough to make an impact. It's like being called the "blackface" or "big lips." It's clearly racist as fuck. What if there was a team called the "Negros?" It's the same thing, since that's the same as saying "blackskins" in Spanish.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Cybersix wrote:Except Christians wouldn't find that degrading. It's demeaning a whole race of people, that's the issue here.
Exactly, that's like equating "Devils" to a racist epithet like "nigger." It's not the same, at all.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:15 pm

I just don't see it as being something that degrading, but I don't know, apparently people think it's offensive. It's been a name they've had for a while I just don't see it as being that offensive.

Maybe I'm just insensitive or something.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Honestly, it pisses me off. That epithet is applicable to me since I'm descended of Natives, just natives that happen to not be from within US borders. Not only that, but on people like me, "Wetback" or "spic" is more likely to be used, but that doesn't mean I don't see that as offensive.

As for you, you are being insensitive, but you are also desensitized. Also, I really dislike this rationale of "it's been there so long, let's leave it." People have disliked it for a long time, but there wasn't a movement because there wasn't a strong Native American voice and to an effect, there isn't. Hispanics have formed their own group, which I find stupid since we're natives just that we speak Spanish, thus we get that label. People have railed on the Cleveland Indians mascot too, that one is racist as fuck.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Bahaha, Chile 2, Spain 0! XD
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:35 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Honestly, it pisses me off. That epithet is applicable to me since I'm descended of Natives, just natives that happen to not be from within US borders. Not only that, but on people like me, "Wetback" or "spic" is more likely to be used, but that doesn't mean I don't see that as offensive.

As for you, you are being insensitive, but you are also desensitized. Also, I really dislike this rationale of "it's been there so long, let's leave it." People have disliked it for a long time, but there wasn't a movement because there wasn't a strong Native American voice and to an effect, there isn't. Hispanics have formed their own group, which I find stupid since we're natives just that we speak Spanish, thus we get that label. People have railed on the Cleveland Indians mascot too, that one is racist as fuck.

Alright, alright, fine. I'll let you have this one.

You bring up good points.... Can't really argue with that...
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Bahaha, Chile 2, Spain 0! XD

And I'm glad Spain is losing! They won last World Cup so it's time for them to die off early.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:59 pm

Bahaha, eliminated! XD
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Bahaha, eliminated! XD

I'm glad they lost. They won last World Cup so they need to be out.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Let me be the first to say, lolEngland.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Lol
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:02 pm

I'm so glad England lost!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:08 pm

God fucking dammit. I can't believe we gave up that goal.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:23 pm

THAT GOAL WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!! IT'S 1-1!!!!

LET'S GO USA!!!!

EDIT:

We made another fucking goal!!!!!! 2-1 USA!!!!!!

EDIT 2:

Fuck. 2-2. At least we haven't lost yet, but now we're going to have to beat Germany.  Sad We were so fucking close.....
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Gah, fuck fuck fuck!!!!! We had it, we fucking had it!

Also, if US and Germany tie, both pass on to the next round. Germany in first place, US in second.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:40 am

Good luck beating Germany. Very Happy 
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:31 am

OOps wrong thread

Last edited by Bearhugger29 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:02 am

TensePsychopath wrote:Good luck beating Germany. Very Happy 
If Ghana can tie them, we can at least do the same.
Bearhugger29 wrote:

I pussy out.
Wrong thread? Unless that video has something to do with sports....which I'm not seeing.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Gah, fuck fuck fuck!!!!! We had it, we fucking had it!

Also, if US and Germany tie, both pass on to the next round. Germany in first place, US in second.

Or if Portugal and Ghana tie then we're in the clear.

ARG!!!!!! I WISH WE JUST WON SO WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THIS!!!! Fuck that stupid header with like 30 seconds to go. So lame..... Obviously God doesn't want the United States to make it into the sweet sixteen. It's so obvious. Wink
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next