Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero

+8
Lux
Ochi
ColumbianLoom
Justin
smirkytrick
Cybersix
Koenig
-Mazer
12 posters

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero - Page 35 Empty Re: Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:34 am

Koenig wrote:I personally find the design to be quite dull and boring, especially when compared to the wii.  in regards to the gamepad, don't get me wrong I do enjoy it-but for how much it gets used even by the games that support it It really should have been optional.  The system should have been more powerful, but I do agree that too many devs use that as a cop out.  Marketing needs no discussion-Nintendo fucked it up.  Probably the worst thing for me however is the fact that there are no "MUST HAVE" games on the system.  I have more Wii U games than I have ever had of any system before, and they are all Good, but that is the things-they are all "good"-None of them are great-none of them make me feel like the limits are being pushed and the bar being raised.  The Wii had several by this point, and the gamecube even more.

I like my system, but it could have been sooooo much more.

I can understand not having the "MUST HAVE" game that makes you buy the system. It is more of a system you buy off-hand but still has many awesome games for it instead of a system that has OMG MUST BUY FOR THIS GAME!

Marketing is a mess. I am VERY happy with how they did Splatoon. I just wish they did that with moer games esp from their 2nd parties. It would seriously boost the morale with those working for the system.

What irritates me is I just read that NOA won't publish Devil's Third which is one of the games I was seriously excited the hell over...and Fatal Frame 5 is taking forever to get here!!

However in terms of quality - I feel the WiiU kicks ass in the quality of their games which I adore. Already I am catching up with my Wii library Very Happy

Personally, though, I feel this gen is just one big "Shrug" all around D:
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero - Page 35 Empty Re: Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero

Post by Koenig Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:35 am

Ill flip the question: Outside of the first party games, What does the Wii U have over its competition? (off TV play is disqualified)
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:38 am

Koenig wrote:Design, Purpose, 3rd party support, and marketing. (At least in regards to the PS4, I can't say much for the Xbox)

The system looks very appealing to me.  The controller was refined to the exact kind of thing that I want, it has the support I want to see outside of first party, and the message behind the system is clear.

Design outside of controller is nothing all that interesting. Purpose as...a console? entertainment center? I do like the PS4's entertainment value but a lot of what it does do right is still soured by the things removed.

Marketing cannot comment - dun have TV XD

3rd party - agreed but at the cost of a majority of their games being part of the cesspool that is the DLC/Broken portion I mentioned. Yes there are great games but there are much more broken garbage "AAA" recycled junk...sadly I don't see the great over the pile of garbage Ubisoft, EA, and Konami is crudding out D:

But it does have Batman...I want batman...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:41 am

Ill rest my case this way:  Nintendo has the games I want to play,  but this generation I would rather play them on something else.  I don't like that feeling at all. Nintendo consoles used to outclass their competition in almost every way, now that is no longer the case, and it saddens me deeply.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:49 am

Koenig wrote:Ill flip the question:  Outside of the first party games, What does the Wii U have over its competition? (off TV play is disqualified)

Games released that are complete

DLC done properly that gives outrageous amount of content for little money

Free online

The Miiverse which is stupidly fun in the proper communities - and I personally love the fact I can ask owners about indie games to get mini reviews from them.

Easy screen shot integration (and the fact the new Miiverse update lets you save 100 screenshots and export them)

Backwards compatibility

Last gen controllers 100% compatible with current system

Games running at 60fps, 1080p

Games released that are not broken
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:51 am

Koenig wrote:Ill rest my case this way:  Nintendo has the games I want to play,  but this generation I would rather play them on something else.  I don't like that feeling at all. Nintendo consoles used to outclass their competition in almost every way, now that is no longer the case, and it saddens me deeply.

Ninty didn't outclass the other consoles since the SNES tho...PS1 got bigger than the N64...Gamecube was the most powerful but virtually ignored by 3rd parties...

I don't understand what you mean "Rather place them on something else"......
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:57 am

Game related

Game related

Agreed

The share function rivals from my point of view

Agreed

It depends on the game, and very few actually use it well

I have yet to see a 3rd party game run like that on the system

Once again, few if any 3rd party games meet that critera

In regards to system power, the N64 had faster reading capacity and larger ram. It was more powerful and that did make a difference in my eyes.  The gamecube was also more powerful and I liked that.  And it is just what it sounds like-I would rather sit down and play these games on another system, with a standard controller, and all of its other features just a button away.  I simply don't enjoy the Wii U like I did the Wii or the gamecube, and more to the point I like regular controllers and the wii remote much much more than the gamepad.  (And nintendo is forcing the gamepad in most of their games save for multiplayer)

In a nutshell, i am very disappointed by the Wii U as a console. (it's games are fine, so don't try to bring that up as a counter argument-there is nothing about them that justifies the console itself letting me down)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:01 am

0_0 How is midnight already!? I need to get ready for work tomorrow.

Later Mazer, id love to chat more tomorrow if you are up for it.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:03 am

Game related doesn't void the argument for in the end, it's all about the games and the way the games are handled are wonderful.

Bayonetta 2 is 1080p, 60fps, same with MK8.

And the Gamecube and N64 had power but that means nothing - again they lost their 3rd party support. Again, it boils down to games. More power means nothing if the games are not there.

I don't just understand disappointment in a console as a console. The only thing that should matter for consoles are the games that end up on it...because other than that the console is just hardware...

*head tilts honestly confused
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:05 am

GameCube was not the most powerful of its gen, the Xbox was (it was slightly above double the GCs gpu capabilities) with the PS2 being the weakest.

Anywho: its weird how male characters are so 'romanticized' in female led comics. Batgirl Vol 1 The Darkest Reflection for example, Bruce is less harsh/masculine looking and the batman suit as well is very different. It could also simply be artist interpretation but still, I find it odd.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:06 am

Koenig wrote:0_0 How is midnight already!?  I need to get ready for work tomorrow.

Later Mazer, id love to chat more tomorrow if you are up for it.

lol any time Very Happy sleep sweet
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:12 am

-Mazer wrote:Game related doesn't void the argument for in the end, it's all about the games and the way the games are handled are wonderful.

Bayonetta 2 is 1080p, 60fps, same with MK8.

And the Gamecube and N64 had power but that means nothing - again they lost their 3rd party support. Again, it boils down to games. More power means nothing if the games are not there.

I don't just understand disappointment in a console as a console. The only thing that should matter for consoles are the games that end up on it...because other than that the console is just hardware...

*head tilts honestly confused
Okay, No, they aren't, they aren't at all. Both Bayonettas and MK8 are 720p

the only 1080p titles on the Wii U are Smash, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Rayman Legends and Wind Waker HD.

Also, the N64 and GameCube both had something unbelievably stupid about their design. Cartridges/mini-disc that and Nintendo was once a 200% dick bag to ALL 3rd parties and couldn't stop burning bridges (or so I've heard). Also, games are nice but a console can still be a disappointment. Look at the 3DS, it has games but is a huge let down as a system overall. You yourself were disappointed in it, as I am as well. It is simply a very lack luster successor.

edit: there may be some 1080p indies, but as far as major releases go its simply those 4 iirc
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:08 am

Legend or lux. Did one of u send an inkling to my tumblr
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:31 am

A bad console with good games is a decent system.
A good console with bad games is poor system.
A good console with good games is a great system.

I want a great system- I expect nothing less from Nintendo.

Legend summarized most of my thoughts well with his posts (Though I would like to discuss one of them in more detail later)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:30 pm

Yaaawns.

Too early right now for debatinf ^_^
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:43 pm

Cuddles Koenig
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:52 pm

What's that, mazar's fanboy arguments have been dashed?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:21 pm

I want to buy more Batgirl comics but I need a steady source of income before doing so >.>

The Darkest Reflections was goooood
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:13 pm

Luna wrote:What's that, mazar's fanboy arguments have been dashed?

Nope. Just woke up 2 hrs ago and mind not focused on debates. More focused on food and duke nukem.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:16 pm

eww, duke nukem
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:24 pm

Lol.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Luna wrote:eww, duke nukem
Don't you talk bad about the Duke
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:19 pm

*continues slandering Duke*
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Luna wrote:*continues slandering Duke*
>:C

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero - Page 35 Imnk74

Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:33 pm

Luna wrote:eww, duke nukem

Duke Nukem doesn't deserve over HALF of the hatred it gets.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next