Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero

+8
Lux
Ochi
ColumbianLoom
Justin
smirkytrick
Cybersix
Koenig
-Mazer
12 posters

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero - Page 34 Empty Re: Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero

Post by Cybersix Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:03 am

Yes he should. Someone call up Merriam-Webster!
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero - Page 34 Empty Re: Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero

Post by Lunacy Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:31 am

Koenig wrote:Ooooh, Season 2 of Sidona is out!  I might just watch some of that tonight...

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero - Page 34 Knights-of-Sidonia-Volume-8
Tsumugi is so adorable....no I'm not kidding. One of the most adorable characters in an anime last (Spring) season.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:39 am

Koenig wrote:The key word there is "Some".  I am not going to lie, the game does seem interesting-albeit incredibly fucked up.

It really is. I mean, a majority of the characters are in the house to murder you except the poor villagers thrown in during the opening chapters for you to practice on.

In Deception II, A knight came in as he was told that killing me would provide a lot of money for his family. I murdered him inside of a steam room - cooking him in his armor.

His wife and 12 yr old son showed up next. I impaled her then threw her into a room where the walls crush you. I was going to let the 12 year old escape because I felt bad...well he actually kicked my character so I used a skewer to impale him, had a hammer hurl his body across the room, dropped a giant guillotine onto his spine, then had his corpse burned to a crisp...

little brat...

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:
I need justification and reason beyond kill for the sake of it.
Hatred must make you sick, then?

Hatred's mass murder gameplay seems interesting but the game itself seems like it would get old very fast.

Koenig wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:
I looked at the game once and then never gave it a look again.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:51 am

man, ranked mode on splatoon is so uneven... and then the game fucks up and punishes you for its mistake by taking away points when it fucks up and drops mid-match
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:02 am

*completes Main Scenario of Heavensward*

Yep. This is MILES better than A Realm Reborn Story.
Laps circles around it and makes it his bitch.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:04 am

Sooo, I just read that Beetlejuice 2 is going to happen.
IMDB says:
"A follow-up to the 1988 comedy, "Beetlejuice", about a ghost who's recruited to help haunt a house. The sequel introduces Beetlejuice's older cousin Beetle Bernie."

I dunno how I feel about this.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:08 am

Burn it with fire.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:25 am

Napalm bomb it or nuke it from orbit.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:48 am

I dunno, the fact that Tim Burton is directing it and the Tim Burton fanboy side of me wants to believe, but that 2 in the title and Beetle Bernie has me hesitant.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:36 am

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:The key word there is "Some".  I am not going to lie, the game does seem interesting-albeit incredibly fucked up.

It really is. I mean, a majority of the characters are in the house to murder you except the poor villagers thrown in during the opening chapters for you to practice on.

In Deception II, A knight came in as he was told that killing me would provide a lot of money for his family. I murdered him inside of a steam room - cooking him in his armor.

His wife and 12 yr old son showed up next. I impaled her then threw her into a room where the walls crush you. I was going to let the 12 year old escape because I felt bad...well he actually kicked my character so I used a skewer to impale him, had a hammer hurl his body across the room, dropped a giant guillotine onto his spine, then had his corpse burned to a crisp...

little brat...

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:

Hatred's mass murder gameplay seems interesting but the game itself seems like it would get old very fast.

Koenig wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:
I looked at the game once and then never gave it a look again.

At least the game is not that gory. It seems more like a malevolent episode of tom and Jerry. Still fucked up though.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:24 pm

So, Wii Fit U is fun. Dat luge mini game
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:33 pm

*Is clueless about wii fit*

I wish Civilization V/Beyond Earth was on Wii U. It is my most played PC game (300+ hours) the problem is, my PC is shit.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:48 pm

The fact that no company has utilized the wiiU for Strat games is a crime.

*plays more Duke Nukem Forever
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:08 pm

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:35 pm

-Mazer wrote:The fact that no company has utilized the wiiU for Strat games is a crime.

*plays more Duke Nukem Forever
Shining Force Sequal For WiiU!!!!
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:32 pm

EVERYTHING FOR WIIU!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:44 pm

-Mazer wrote:
wow, that "thing" is an insult to burgers everywhere >.>
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:32 pm

Did I show you guys the AMAZING breakfast burger I scored last week?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:33 pm

Ill be completely honest, Mazer:  Nintendo fucked up this generation in way to many ways.  I hate 3rd party publishers for dropping the system, but for once I can see why.

Also: Burgers!
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:59 pm

Koenig wrote:Ill be completely honest, Mazer:  Nintendo fucked up this generation in way to many ways.  I hate 3rd party publishers for dropping the system, but for once I can see why.

Also:  Burgers!

I don't see how outside of bad advertising and not porting certain games to the states. Go on?

and

Gen Chat 0V: Paper Fallout of Doom Fantasy Zero - Page 34 10437660_10153112672451185_6668709461072939857_n
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:05 am

Poor design (Aesthetically speaking) Weaker than it should have been, and way to much focus on the gamepad-something that even Nintendo has not used to its fullest yet. (At launch, the gamepad cost well over 1/3 the systems price in components alone)  Marketing aside, their are still a great many people who don't know you can play wii games on it.  The system just feels like it was rushed out.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:22 am

Koenig wrote:Poor design (Aesthetically speaking) Weaker than it should have been, and way to much focus on the gamepad-something that even Nintendo has not used to its fullest yet.  Marketing aside, their are still a great many people who don't know you can play wii games on it.  The system just feels like it was rushed out.

I disagree on several points...Mostly the design. I love how slick and sleek it is. It is small enough where it takes up little room on my tiny shelf.

I personally thing the Gamepad is fantastic when used properly. Off screen gameplay is the primary use I get out of it which kicks so much ass because I always multitask with TV shows and the off-screen has been very popular with fans of the system. Wind Waker's controls have never been more fluid thanks to the inventory system on the 2nd screen, same with indie games like UnEpic. Splatoon proves that the Gamepad can be very useful as well.

Maybe they haven't utilized it themselves as well as they could but that doesn't stop 3rd parties (whom I place 75% of all blame on for the system's shortcomings) from experimenting. ZombiU showed some awesome and nail-biting use of the live inventory system but that was practically it in terms of 3rd parties experimenting.

Ubisoft kept promising tons of ideas for hacking in Wathch Dogs and the Wii U was perfect for it but as per usual, they just slapped a map on it and called it a day.

Take the Need For Speed game on the other hand. Letting a 2nd player use the gamepad to alter the weather, summon police, cause road blocks, etc? That is amazing. Such kick-ass usage of the pad but sadly they ruined their hype and sales by re-releasing the game on the other systems and making it cheaper.

Same with Deus Ex. Gamepad support using inventory, exploring the map via FPS mode, having the game's Strat guide right at your fingertips? AMAZING! But, again, shafted wiiu owners by RERELEASING this updated version on ALL consoles but making the WiiU version 10+$ more expensive.

I see more Indie devs utilizing the gamepad better than so-called "AAA" devs. When you got people in the big leages crying about the gamepad being hard but 6 team indie crews are going to town on the gamepad, I tend to call bullshyt on the big boys.

Power - I agree that the power is lacking to an extent but I honestly don't see it as a HUGE issue as the fact is we are still seeing amazing looking games on the system. This is not like the PS3 vs Wii where the differences are Over 9000%. WiiU games still look bloody amazing but could it be more powerful? Sure. Would it matter? No.

Why wouldn't it matter? Even if it were on par of the PS4 and X1, what proof do we have devs would still port or develop for the system? None. They have shown zero-to-little interest in actually using the system right. We get crappy ports, broken ports, awesome new editions only to have those editions also released on other consoles but cheaper...

As for 3rd parties - most can burn for all I care. Outside of a handful of great games (mostly coming to the PC sa better versions - god hopes), most games released are being delayed constantly, released needing massive day-one patches, or being sold incomplete.

Weaker system, less marketed, gamepad functionality not what it could be outside of some games...I feel like none of these should honestly matter in the grand scheme.

Why?

Nintendo's (exclusive) games are being released COMPLETE. They aren't being chopped up and sold as "Exclusive pre-order DLC", they aren't requiring massive Day 1 patches that "Might" fix the horrid gameplay. They aren't butchered with outrageous season passes that
are over-priced with little content.

*shrugs*

I no longer care about the business/marketing side of things anymore or what the masses complain about. When it boils down to it - the wiiu has the games I love, have games that are COMPLETE, and has the dlc support games SHOULD have. They are beautifully rendered, stupid fun, and I have more entertainment value when I have 4 friends kicking each others asses in Mario Kart than I do with anything I've seen on the Ps4 as of late.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:29 am

I personally find the design to be quite dull and boring, especially when compared to the wii.  in regards to the gamepad, don't get me wrong I do enjoy it-but for how much it gets used even by the games that support it It really should have been optional.  The system should have been more powerful, but I do agree that too many devs use that as a cop out.  Marketing needs no discussion-Nintendo fucked it up.  Probably the worst thing for me however is the fact that there are no "MUST HAVE" games on the system.  I have more Wii U games than I have ever had of any system before, and they are all Good, but that is the things-they are all "good"-None of them are great-none of them make me feel like the limits are being pushed and the bar being raised.  The Wii had several by this point, and the gamecube even more.

I like my system, but it could have been sooooo much more.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:31 am

Let me ask. What makes the PS4 or X1 that much better outside of power?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:34 am

Design, Purpose, 3rd party support, and marketing. (At least in regards to the PS4, I can't say much for the Xbox)

The system looks very appealing to me. The controller was refined to the exact kind of thing that I want, it has the support I want to see outside of first party, and the message behind the system is clear.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next