Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13

+9
Cybersix
LegendX48
-Mazer
Koenig
smirkytrick
Justin
zulux21
TensePsychopath
Hugh Mungus
13 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13 - Page 22 Empty Re: Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:30 pm

Hmm, starting to remember why I dropped Hyrule Warriors way back... Adventure mode has stages that force you to use the garbage shit tier characters...
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13 - Page 22 Empty Re: Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13

Post by -Mazer Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:01 pm

Koenig wrote:Interesting dream.  I really need to start recording my dreams again, but I have not had vivid ones that I can actually remember in a while.

Also

Are you up for some more Minecraft today, Mazer?

Working on my screenplay, editing, and maybe DOOM today.

xXJus10Xx wrote:
zulux21 wrote:2016 requires another moment of silence.
Anton Yelchin, the actor who played Chekov in the latest ‘Star Trek‘ films, has died early Sunday at age 27.

if you don't care about him, at least care about how he died.

According to reports, Yelchin had gotten out of his vehicle, and was struck and killed by his own car as it rolled backward down his driveway. The vehicle pinned the actor against a brick mailbox and fence.

what a bad way to go @_@
That just sucks...
Poor guy...seriously Final Destination shyt there...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:45 pm

zulux21 wrote:2016 requires another moment of silence.
Anton Yelchin, the actor who played Chekov in the latest ‘Star Trek‘ films, has died early Sunday at age 27.

if you don't care about him, at least care about how he died.

According to reports, Yelchin had gotten out of his vehicle, and was struck and killed by his own car as it rolled backward down his driveway. The vehicle pinned the actor against a brick mailbox and fence.

what a bad way to go @_@
That is just depressing.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Dat GoT! Such a satisfying ep.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Gonna stream me struggling to draw digitally in a few min for those interested:

https://www.twitch.tv/legendx48

edit: stream done

Last edited by LegendX48 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:56 pm

hmmm Witcher creators have good things to say about the NX

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1236567
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mungus Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:29 am

Devs had good things to say about Wii U before it was released too, that means nothing really.
Hugh Mungus
Hugh Mungus

Bounty : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:49 am

so for the star trek actor.

it seems his model of car was a Jeep that was recalled because of an issue of it not always shifting into park when the driver puts it into park.

apparently there was 41 other reported cases of damage such as it rolling into garages, this is the first death, but if Jeep/others had done a better job notifying people of the recall he could easily still be alive.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:20 pm

Musou Sadie wrote:Devs had good things to say about Wii U before it was released too, that means nothing really.

Pretty much...hell most devs always praise the living hell out of Nintendo cobsoles then do jack shyt for them when released
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:07 pm

to be fair, Wii U was underwhelming and outrageously outdated as fuck within a year. NX, at the very least, will (hopefully) be around the same ballpark as the PS4 and Xbone
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:25 pm

LegendX48 wrote:to be fair, Wii U was underwhelming and outrageously outdated as fuck within a year. NX, at the very least, will (hopefully) be around the same ballpark as the PS4 and Xbone

No. Not "To be fair". It was never advertised as a powerhouse, devs knew this, and they praised it like the 2nd coming of Jesus only to piss all over it the moment was was released.

It's one of the primary reasons this gen pissed me off so much.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:57 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:to be fair, Wii U was underwhelming and outrageously outdated as fuck within a year. NX, at the very least, will (hopefully) be around the same ballpark as the PS4 and Xbone

No. Not "To be fair". It was never advertised as a powerhouse, devs knew this, and they praised it like the 2nd coming of Jesus only to piss all over it the moment was was released.

It's one of the primary reasons this gen pissed me off so much.
to be fair it was just a bad console and the market didn't buy it because the idea was bad.

let's make the controller more than half the cost of the console in which the controller basically just lets me have a handheld I have been playing for like 10 years in a home environment.

there isn't anything exciting about a console version of the DS, especially when barely any games take real advantage of the DS two screens as it is.

Wiiu from the start should have been a console that came with a pro controller that allowed you to use up to 4 3DS with it. Having to buy that clunky horrid feeling POS they call a controller with the Wiiu was just ewww.

if they had done that instead they could have pushed the specs a lot more, to allow the 4 3ds smoothly, which also would have allowed third parties to easily port their games to the wiiu as it would have been quite a bit more powerful than the ps3/360 (instead it was roughly on par and thus required optimization to run well on the wiiu). Power isn't everything but if I have the choice between Power or a gimmick controller that is about as exciting as receiving an original Ipod in 2016 I would easily choose power.

hopefully with talks that the NX is a hyrbid home/handheld console they got it right this time, and they basically are going to sell the 3ds replacement as a handheld that can be fully used with the NX home console... Ideally the handheld isn't required for the home console and the home console isn't required for the hand held. they just play nicely together.

edit: apparently the witcher people don't think the NX is cool, the stuff in question was taken from an interview where they were joking around about it.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:06 pm

There's also the fact that most 3rd party devs just plain hate Nintendo
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:54 pm

LegendX48 wrote:There's also the fact that most 3rd party devs just plain hate Nintendo

to be fair it's been what... 20 years since third party non party games sold well on a nintendo platform?
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:20 pm

zulux21 wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:There's also the fact that most 3rd party devs just plain hate Nintendo

to be fair it's been what... 20 years since third party non party games sold well on a nintendo platform?
What about Epic Mickey? That sold pretty well when it came out.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

There's also, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta 2, the Monster Hunter Series, and ZombiU did pretty well.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:15 pm

Raymon Legends was probably going to be a huge hit as well if they didn't delay it. Same with Deus Ex if they didn't make it cheaper on other consoles. Every time they were going to make something super awesome for the Wiiu (Watch dogs) they gimped it or made it cheaper on other systems during release.

Remember how amazing Deus Ex was going to be for the Wiiu? All those bad-ass options for the gamepad? Then they release it at full price (60$) while making the same bad-ass version on other systems 30$.

Oh, what about Mass Effect. Let's release 3 on the Wiiu but not the trilogy. That's a smart idea.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:17 pm

smirkytrick wrote:There's also, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta 2, the Monster Hunter Series, and ZombiU did pretty well.

Monster Mudd sold more copies on the WiiU console than the other systems and Steam. That's why the sequel was put for the WiiU first. Same with a lot of other indie devs who all said their games sold amazingly well on the Wiiu verses the other consoles.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:39 pm

smirkytrick wrote:There's also, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta 2, the Monster Hunter Series, and ZombiU did pretty well.

shovel knight did fine for an indie...
Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13 - Page 22 APxs2Vv
but those would be absolutely horrid numbers for any big third party title. (like it had a decent split, but for something like oh Call of duty an extra 100k sales wouldn't be worth the effort of the port)

MH sold well on the handhelds, not so much on the console (which is what i was talking about in the last 20 years as the nintendo handhelds have sold third party stuff just fine). ZombiU did so well it's sequel was cancelled due to poor sales, and Bayonetta 2 didn't do well either

In Japan, Bayonetta 2 had sold 39,000 copies in its first week of release, which is much lower than the sales of the original Bayonetta in its first week of release.[51] The title had sold nearly 50,000 copies in its third week after release.[52] The title was the seventh best-selling game in the UK in its first week of release,[53] but failed to enter the chart again in its second week of release. I didn't do anything of much interest in NA either.

-Mazer wrote:

Monster Mudd sold more copies on the WiiU console than the other systems and Steam. That's why the sequel was put for the WiiU first. Same with a lot of other indie devs who all said their games sold amazingly well on the Wiiu verses the other consoles.

A. it's MUTANT MUDDS Razz

but yes this is a case where it sold well. best I can find it likely sold around 250-300k for the wiiu.

fact is though the 3ds sales were better than the wiiu sales though. though this one I will actually give you that it sold well for what it is on the wiiu, still not any where near the numbers a major third party game would need though which is why you likely won't see much big third party support on the NX either unless it's an IP that typically has a handheld version as well such as monster hunter.

smirkytrick wrote:
zulux21 wrote:

What about Epic Mickey? That sold pretty well when it came out.
epic mickey I can give you as an exception of third party non party games not selling as it did sell like 2 million copies. Granted most of that was because it was exclusive and had mickey in it, because it was a rather disappointing game in general.

the original concept was so much cooler @__@ but I mean one example of a bigger third party title that wasn't a party game selling well isn't really a good sign.

It's really just how nintendo has done their platform since the n64. They made the system a party system with local multiplayer games. plenty of great games have come out for it, but most of the people who buy a nintendo console want that experience and thus really only buy nintendo IPs and party games.

I mean it's not the worst chunk of the market to have, nintendo just needs to remember that a cheaper console is better to attract people, and to have a steady stream of games that are fun to play with others. Controller aside from the wiiu, they clearly thought it would be a good idea to attempt to grab the non party market with the original wiiu announcement, and when that failed to excite people they tried to shift to a more family version, but the simple fact is the wiiu controller doesn't add much to a party game aside typically an unfair advantage to the person using it Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:13 pm

I need a hug
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:14 pm

*hugs Mazer*
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:32 pm

-Mazer wrote:I need a hug

Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13 - Page 22 107875

in ghostbusters news

After laying largely dormant for almost two decades, the Ghostbusters universe is expanding faster than a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. In addition to the new movie due out this year, and a second male-fronted film in the works, Sony is also reportedly planning an animated Ghostbusters TV show. The new show — the third TV series based on the Ghostbusters franchise — will be subtitled Ecto Force, will be set in 2050, and will follow a new generation of 'busters.

Sony Pictures has grand plans for the Ghostbusters franchise. The company brought Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman and star Dan Aykroyd on board last year as part of the newly formed Ghost Corp, a unit inside Sony Pictures that seems set to follow the course laid out by Marvel's Cinematic Universe with films, TV shows, and other tie-ins planned. The second "male driven" Ghostbusters movie doesn't have a date yet, but Variety reports the studio is looking to get Ghostbusters: Ecto Force on TV screens by early 2018.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:31 am

The fact they have to say "Male Driven": means they have no idea why people are not happy with the new one.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:36 am

Minecraft just got some kind of minigame/battle mode added to across all platforms. We will need to try that out later.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:37 am

*gains more watchers*

slowly but surely... I think I finally have 20 legit watchers now. Slowly catching up to the same number I have on Tumblr
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next