Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

+5
LegendX48
smirkytrick
-Mazer
Lunacy
zulux21
9 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 5 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Justin Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:08 am

The first ability I got was the Mipha's Grace.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 5 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Lunacy Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:53 am

So Disney bought Fox Movie and TV studios. While I like that all Marvel properties are consolidated now, I don't like EVERYTHING being under one owner.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Oh thank god Star Wars: The Last Jedi has been getting great reviews. If there was one Star Wars film that had to be good, it had to be this one!
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/star-wars-episode-viii---the-last-jedi
Rian Johnson is the architect for the next new Star Wars series so this movie will give us an idea of how his new trilogy will be like. So far, so good!

Lunacy wrote:So Disney bought Fox Movie and TV studios. While I like that all Marvel properties are consolidated now, I don't like EVERYTHING being under one owner.

I felt the same way initially, but then I did some digging. Avengers 4 is going to be the last in the Infinity War saga and then after that they're going to do completely different Marvel films. So they may start a new MCU, some type of continuation, or maybe something different.
https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/11/27/16705728/marvel-studios-kevin-feige-mcu-infinity-war-phase-three-iron-man-anniversary
https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/14/16775864/disney-fox-deal-acquisition-marvel-cinematic-universe

Also seeing how Kevin Feige really understands the success of movies like Deadpool, I'm feeling confident that they're going to let those studios continue their creative direction with the upcoming X-men films.
https://screenrant.com/kevin-feige-deadpool-marvel-success/
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/14/bob-iger-marvel-r-rated-brand-disney-fox/

I'd say they aren't going to touch X-men and let them do their thing until they reach Avengers 4 and maybe even a little after because this is going to change everything now and there is going to be a lot of restructuring. I'd say X-men will stay on their own for some time and they're going to let the films in development now play out because Fox had some really exciting movies down the pipeline like Gambit and the New Mutants trilogy.

I'd say the Fantastic Four are the ones that we'll see Marvel jump on the fastest.

I would have preferred if this purchase didn't happen, I'm surprised Fox went through with this deal. It's not like they were hurting or anything. I guess they really didn't trust the future of their movie and tv divisions and seeing as they aren't as competitive in the online space, maybe they saw this has an opportunity to get out before something drastic happens and just focus on news and sports. We'll see if that works out for them... But hopefully Disney won't ruin any of these new studios they have acquired, I think it's going to be ok in the end.

Last edited by ColumbianLoom on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:18 pm

I also just realized that in the next Marvel vs. Capcom game that they can actually have almost all the characters in it again and not just MCU characters.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:45 pm

I think Deadpool and a couple of other stuff will stay as their own thing, at least for a while. I can see this being a sort of "Marvel Max Cinematic Universe." So I could see them making a Punisher movie....only question would be what to do with their being a very successful Punisher Netflix series.
And that's been all the talk. the end of Infinity war will be a sort of soft reboot for the MCU. I think they plan on having it connect to the current MCU, just not be completely tied to it. It's feeling a lot more like a comic book event. I never thought they'd be able to bust it out with movies. Then again, the MCU is one long TV series with each "movie" really just being an episode.

That being said, I DEMAND ANNIHILATION! Can't wait to see a proper Galactus, Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom, etc.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Lunacy wrote:I think Deadpool and a couple of other stuff will stay as their own thing, at least for a while. I can see this being a sort of "Marvel Max Cinematic Universe." So I could see them making a Punisher movie....only question would be what to do with their being a very successful Punisher Netflix series.
And that's been all the talk. the end of Infinity war will be a sort of soft reboot for the MCU. I think they plan on having it connect to the current MCU, just not be completely tied to it. It's feeling a lot more like a comic book event. I never thought they'd be able to bust it out with movies. Then again, the MCU is one long TV series with each "movie" really just being an episode.

That being said, I DEMAND ANNIHILATION! Can't wait to see a proper Galactus, Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom, etc.

they have a very successful punisher series? where? all I know of is the recently released mediocre recieved netflix series that only got a second season because netflix is in a habit of ordering second seasons for almost everything o.O

and I imagine that the fox movies stay their own things for a long time. their stuff clearly appeals to a different crowd than the MCU and disney isn't stupid enough to not know that.

if anything I wouldn't be surprised is disney doubled down on mature movies with this, doing stuff like xforce and what not since they can leave the MCU as the family friendly stuff and use fox for darker stories.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:22 pm

I actually believe Disney will do fine with Fox. Seriously, they have proven time and time again that they won't be screwing around with franchises people love. They basically just write the checks, take care of marketing, and let the studios do their thing. In fact, we've seen a huge increase in quality with Disney owned movies (star wars, marvel).

As for television, maybe they'll start cracking down on the garbage that is Fox News and giving more opportunities to better TV shows. Who knows.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:44 pm

-Mazer wrote:I actually believe Disney will do fine with Fox. Seriously, they have proven time and time again that they won't be screwing around with franchises people love. They basically just write the checks, take care of marketing, and let the studios do their thing. In fact, we've seen a huge increase in quality with Disney owned movies (star wars, marvel).

As for television, maybe they'll start cracking down on the garbage that is Fox News and giving more opportunities to better TV shows. Who knows.

disney didn't get fox news or the fox channel.

in fact this is basically a move to give fox news a ton of money and to expand.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/the-disney-fox-deal-what-disney-gains-what-fox-is-keeping/
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:58 pm

So, against the wishes of the entire country, Net Neutrality has been repealed. Luckily, several states are already planning to sue the FCC to keep fighting.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:15 am

Oh my god, the ending to Mario Odyssey...

This is the coolest damn thing I've ever seen in a mario game.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:44 pm

LegendX48 wrote:So, against the wishes of the entire country, Net Neutrality has been repealed. Luckily, several states are already planning to sue the FCC to keep fighting.
WE NEED TO BAND TOGETHER AND SEIZE CONTROL OF THE FCC BUILDING! It'll be like a modern Boston Tea Party.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:57 pm

smirkytrick wrote:It'll be like a modern Boston Tea Party.
In what way?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:52 pm

Lunacy wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:It'll be like a modern Boston Tea Party.
In what way?
Well, in the Boston Tea Party, a crowd seize control of some ships and threw the tea in the harbor, thus ruining the tea (note: the tea was a instrumental product for the British to force a tax on the American colonies, a very similar way that telecom companies are going to try forcing us to pay more for a decent but limited service). If we can seize control of the FCC building, we can.... I don't exactly know, maybe prevent Ajit Pia from causing further damage, maybe? Anyway, I think we are long overdue for this part of history to repeat itself.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:32 pm

oh man, Overwatch with these gambling boxes. Sure would be nice if I could buy certain skins outright but the only way to earn coins is through them gambling boxes Neutral
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:41 pm

if anyone is curious what my scrivener project is starting to look like
Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 5 JJ9Ai7e

chapter 64 is extended to show what the average chapter has in it file wise, though I still have to go back and do that to all the chapters before that (the chapters themselves are written though)

amusing my books match up very closely with the first 4 books of the harry potter series in length right now Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Got some great news, I submitted a logo design to Planet Dolan, and my logo design is in the top 5 finalists!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!
Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 5 Pdtwit10
mine is the one in the center called Insanity Dolan. It's a real honor! :3
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Alright, who whoever has seen the Star Wars movie, look below.

Just one thing though.... I will say, don't believe that supposed "fan outrage" that came across Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. Some of that was fabricated by trolls who where upset over stupid shit. CinemaScore and IMBD user scores are much more accurate in this case. Read this article after watching the film.

With that said, the movie definitely had problems, but not in the way I was expecting. I was pretty worried going into the movie after seeing the user scores and I was wondering what the hell happened, but after seeing the movie I was relieved. I thought it was a great Star Wars movie to be honest. It had its flaws for sure, but you know what's nice about this movie? It tried to do something different from the rest of the previous movies, it's the not the same, and that's actually one of the core themes of the film as well. I think that will divide people for sure (it already has) and that's fine, but I'd rather we be arguing about the new direction than what happened with Force Awakens where we were arguing that it was too similar to New Hope. Anyways spoilers ahead...
Spoiler:

LegendX48 wrote:Oh my god, the ending to Mario Odyssey...

This is the coolest damn thing I've ever seen in a mario game.

Agreed!! It was epic, funny, and cute. I would have never expected that out of a Mario game! I really love Odyssey!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:15 am

@ Nate

Join the discord! I gonna make a star wars thread for us
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Merry Xmas! (i lost my xmas avi)
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Merry Christmas
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:17 pm

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE! I am so sorry I have not been as active as I want to be. This peak season has been one of the hardest that I ever had to deal with. I have missed you all though!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:20 pm

-Mazer wrote:MERRY XMAS EVERYONE! I am so sorry I have not been as active as I want to be. This peak season has been one of the hardest that I ever had to deal with. I have missed you all though!
The same for me man. I miss you too.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:26 am

Christmas spirit has absorbed everyone here and killed this thread. D:
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Everyone in my house is in a mad rush to tear down all christmas related things and it makes me sad
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Chop that tree down!
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next