Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

+5
LegendX48
smirkytrick
-Mazer
Lunacy
zulux21
9 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 4 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:34 pm

to the surprise of no one, BOTW won goty. Horizon got robbed!

Anywho, cool that the Champion's Ballad dropped same day. Started it up a bit but stopped cause I gotta get an essay done and study for a few finals. That and I'd really like to finish up Horizon, among other games.

edit: Ugh, this friggen biology class is gonna be the death of my GPA
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 4 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:44 pm

Justin wrote:I uploaded a video to the YouTubes.
It's a silly video. XD

I was expecting an epic end to the fight, but it was a bit anticlimactic haha haha

LegendX48 wrote:to the surprise of no one, BOTW won goty. Horizon got robbed!

Anywho, cool that the Champion's Ballad dropped same day. Started it up a bit but stopped cause I gotta get an essay done and study for a few finals. That and I'd really like to finish up Horizon, among other games.

edit: Ugh, this friggen biology class is gonna be the death of my GPA

I haven't played Horizon, but everyone says its great. I'll probably pick it up some time down the road. The fact that Horizon didn't win anything just goes to show just how competitive it was this year, there was just that many good games, any other year and Horizon probably would have gotten plenty. Some say it should have gotten but best narrative, but I bet even if I did play it, I'd still stand my ground and say Nier: Automata by far had the best story this year. An absolutely incredible game, thank god it won best original score.

But Zelda and Nintendo deserved all the love it got last night. Zelda was the biggest talk of the year and it was a revolutionary game that has brought open world games to a whole new level. It excelled in so many ways, I think I'm able to say it just may be my favorite Zelda game (maybe 2nd... idk) and definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Nintendo really hit it out of the park.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:22 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:

I was expecting an epic end to the fight, but it was a bit anticlimactic haha haha
When that Lizalfos jumped out and ate the ancient arrow, I couldn't stop laughing lol
Ruined my shot. Was pretty sure I was gonna hit the Guardian's eye.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:36 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
I haven't played Horizon, but everyone says its great. I'll probably pick it up some time down the road. The fact that Horizon didn't win anything just goes to show just how competitive it was this year, there was just that many good games, any other year and Horizon probably would have gotten plenty. Some say it should have gotten but best narrative, but I bet even if I did play it, I'd still stand my ground and say Nier: Automata by far had the best story this year. An absolutely incredible game, thank god it won best original score.

But Zelda and Nintendo deserved all the love it got last night. Zelda was the biggest talk of the year and it was a revolutionary game that has brought open world games to a whole new level. It excelled in so many ways, I think I'm able to say it just may be my favorite Zelda game (maybe 2nd... idk) and definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Nintendo really hit it out of the park.
Horizon not winning anything at all is just upsetting. Then again, New Vegas, from the same writer, got little in the way of recognition despite being the true Fallout 3 and one of the best games of 2010. Nier I really need to get back to. I got to the theme park area, beat the boss, did like 3 sidequests and then just kinda stopped.

As for BOTW... I have to disagree with basically everything you said there. While the lackluster climbing is a neat addition, it did nothing for open world games other than simply being yet another open world game in a generation dominated by open world games. The Witcher 3 is a game that truly raised the bar for open world games back in 2015 and nothing has surpassed it, BOTW included. BOTW's horse riding is better though, I think. That stuff aside, it's honestly the most disappointing game of the generation for me so far. I'm really hoping that the Champion's Ballad will address some of the issues I had with the base game like finally having a decent dungeon.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:37 pm

LET'S FINISH THIS!

Time to attempt to complete DOOM For the PC! Let the blood spray people!

https://www.twitch.tv/videowolff

Srsly wss. Come join me!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Ooh, Mazer, what pc upgrades are you hoping to make?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:31 am

LegendX48 wrote:Ooh, Mazer, what pc upgrades are you hoping to make?

At the least a new processor, new motherboard, and a GTX 1070
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:19 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:

Horizon not winning anything at all is just upsetting. Then again, New Vegas, from the same writer, got little in the way of recognition despite being the true Fallout 3 and one of the best games of 2010. Nier I really need to get back to. I got to the theme park area, beat the boss, did like 3 sidequests and then just kinda stopped.

As for BOTW... I have to disagree with basically everything you said there. While the lackluster climbing is a neat addition, it did nothing for open world games other than simply being yet another open world game in a generation dominated by open world games. The Witcher 3 is a game that truly raised the bar for open world games back in 2015 and nothing has surpassed it, BOTW included. BOTW's horse riding is better though, I think. That stuff aside, it's honestly the most disappointing game of the generation for me so far. I'm really hoping that the Champion's Ballad will address some of the issues I had with the base game like finally having a decent dungeon.

I obviously disagree with that as well lol. Witcher 3 to me is more of the same of what I expect out of a typical AAA game these days. Sure it's good, but I prefer Zelda's direction 100000000x more. BotW freedom of exploration and more options to controls and gameplay, BotW doesn't hold your hand or tell you what to do, you can do whatever the hell you want. For me, all that trumps Witcher 3 by far. I found Witcher 3 good, but the controls and its structure was kind of clunky and didn't really reel me in. Playing through the first 10 hours of that game was not a fun experience for me at all. I honestly stopped playing for some time before going back to it and forcing myself to beat the story. Ya it had a decent story and a lot of side quests, but it felt like everything I've already played before in open world games. It was good for sure, but not something that left a lasting impression on me. Zelda was something different and fresh, and brought in a new take to open world games giving you true freedom to play the game how you want, that's why I've clocked 200+ hours in it and counting. And that physics engine is just unmatched and too much fun to play with Cool  

And lol if you didn't like the main game, you're sure as hell not gonna like the Champion's Ballad.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Koenig wrote:

Check the anime thread
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Hop online to check if my teacher has posted the final and she hasn't. I wanna get that test over and done with ASAFP!

-Mazer wrote:

You'd need new ram as well, DDR4, which is, unfortunately, getting price gouged to high heaven. Since you're going heavy into streaming then AMD's Ryzen cpus would be a solid choice. Intel still crushes everything when it comes to gaming performance but Ryzen does streaming and video editing a bit better. The difference in gaming is one that might be worth looking into but it generally tends to be ryzen, wtih a gtx 1080ti, could get like 70-100fps at 1080p vs an i7 with a 1080ti hitting 100-140 fps. Intel absolutely dominates but both are still above the 60fps mark. The difference shrinks the higher the resolution is. It also depends on the game for big/small the performance gap is.

That said, I'm seriously debating going Ryzen for my new build next year. While I want the i7 8700k (6 core cpu for like $400ish) for games, the Ryzen 7 1700/1700x (8 core cpu for about $300/$350ish) would serve me better for my inevitable homework in adobe animate as well as all digital artwork and I'd be able to stream stuff no problem short of my internet messing up. Plus, the motherboard standard for Ryzen is gonna be supported until 2020 so 2nd and possibly 3rd gen ryzen would work on the same mobo as 1st gen.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
I obviously disagree with that as well lol. Witcher 3 to me is more of the same of what I expect out of a typical AAA game these days. Sure it's good, but I prefer Zelda's direction 100000000x more. BotW freedom of exploration and more options to controls and gameplay, BotW doesn't hold your hand or tell you what to do, you can do whatever the hell you want. For me, all that trumps Witcher 3 by far. I found Witcher 3 good, but the controls and its structure was kind of clunky and didn't really reel me in. Playing through the first 10 hours of that game was not a fun experience for me at all. I honestly stopped playing for some time before going back to it and forcing myself to beat the story. Ya it had a decent story and a lot of side quests, but it felt like everything I've already played before in open world games. It was good for sure, but not something that left a lasting impression on me. Zelda was something different and fresh, and brought in a new take to open world games giving you true freedom to play the game how you want, that's why I've clocked 200+ hours in it and counting. And that physics engine is just unmatched and too much fun to play with Cool  

And lol if you didn't like the main game, you're sure as hell not gonna like the Champion's Ballad.
Witcher 3 was anything but typical but let's just agree to disagree there. As for its controls, it is tank-like but there's an alternate control feeling they patched that improved things considerably. Anywho, I'm tired of talking about how much of a disappointment BOTW is for me. There's a thread here that I made a while back that covers a couple of my issues that you can check out if you're interested. I will say this though, Witcher 3's plot and side quests are objectively superior to BOTW in its entirety. If BOTW wasn't so obsessed with cockblocking itself I would have different feelings on this.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:02 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Hop online to check if my teacher has posted the final and she hasn't. I wanna get that test over and done with ASAFP!

-Mazer wrote:

You'd need new ram as well, DDR4, which is, unfortunately, getting price gouged to high heaven. Since you're going heavy into streaming then AMD's Ryzen cpus would be a solid choice. Intel still crushes everything when it comes to gaming performance but Ryzen does streaming and video editing a bit better. The difference in gaming is one that might be worth looking into but it generally tends to be ryzen, wtih a gtx 1080ti, could get like 70-100fps at 1080p vs an i7 with a 1080ti hitting 100-140 fps. Intel absolutely dominates but both are still above the 60fps mark. The difference shrinks the higher the resolution is. It also depends on the game for big/small the performance gap is.

That said, I'm seriously debating going Ryzen for my new build next year. While I want the i7 8700k (6 core cpu for like $400ish) for games, the Ryzen 7 1700/1700x (8 core cpu for about $300/$350ish) would serve me better for my inevitable homework in adobe animate as well as all digital artwork and I'd be able to stream stuff no problem short of my internet messing up. Plus, the motherboard standard for Ryzen is gonna be supported until 2020 so 2nd and possibly 3rd gen ryzen would work on the same mobo as 1st gen.

Sad so much homework to do...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:22 am

ColumbianLoom wrote: you can do whatever the hell you want.

Lies....
there is no way to not climb at a snail's speed :/

apparently you can get up to a quick snail by unlocking a certain armor set but still :/
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:55 am

also sent you something on steam mazer.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:52 am

zulux21 wrote:

Lies....

Apparently you can get up to a quick snail by unlocking a certain armor set but still :/
Is this about Zelda BotW?

Because if so, when you upgrade that climbing gear twice, the cost of dashing while climbing is significantly reduced, making climbing much faster.

Unless it's raining.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Justin wrote:
zulux21 wrote:

Lies....

Apparently you can get up to a quick snail by unlocking a certain armor set but still :/

Because if so, when you upgrade that climbing gear twice, the cost of dashing while climbing is significantly reduced, making climbing much faster.

Unless it's raining.
yeah about breath of the wild.

and i really shouldn't have to locate gear, upgrade it twice, just to get to a climbing speed that doesn't feel like it was designed to be put in a mmo with a monthly fee in order to slow me down and make sure that experiencing content is as slow as possible to keep me paying each month :/
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Personally, I got the Gale ability right away (without even meaning too lol) and climbing was the easiest thing in the world...

*checks steam
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:41 pm

@ Mazer, the more I look into the pc stuff it seems like intel is still the best way to go overall, especially with the 8th gen i7 which is the 8700/8700k. Best gaming and damn good productivity performance from what I've looked at so far but it runs hot and is friggen expensive compared to AMD's Ryzen 7 1700/1700x though.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:45 pm

LegendX48 wrote:@ Mazer, the more I look into the pc stuff it seems like intel is still the best way to go overall, especially with the 8th gen i7 which is the 8700/8700k. Best gaming and damn good productivity performance from what I've looked at so far but it runs hot and is friggen expensive compared to AMD's Ryzen 7 1700/1700x though.

How hot and expensive are we talking here?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:44 am

people need to buy this for higurashi alone
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/mangagamer-and-friends-bundle

plus some other gems in there Razz

also mazer with any luck I will have a summery at least done by the end of the week...

editing earlier stuff is taking a bit as I have to world build and change a lot of things to set up things properly (mostly my character motivations were lacking so they are evolving)
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:58 am

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:@ Mazer, the more I look into the pc stuff it seems like intel is still the best way to go overall, especially with the 8th gen i7 which is the 8700/8700k. Best gaming and damn good productivity performance from what I've looked at so far but it runs hot and is friggen expensive compared to AMD's Ryzen 7 1700/1700x though.

How hot and expensive are we talking here?
The Ryzen 7 1700 is an 8-core/16-thread cpu at $300 at the moment and, under load, temperature caps out around the 60s. 1700x is the same cpu but runs faster out of the box and is currently $360 but doesn't include a heatsink as it's geared more toward people overclocking that would likely already have an aftermarket air cooler or liquid cooling. The 1700 is a 3.0ghz cpu that can boost up to 3.7 whereas the 1700x starts at 3.4ghz and can boost up to 3.8ghz. Both can be overclocked but, generally, breaking 4.0ghz is difficult for Ryzen and, for games, having high-speed ram is a bit more important.

The i7 8700 is a 6-core/12-thread $360 cpu but hard to get as it recently came out. The K version can overclock and is apparently $400(?) though that may be due to it being sold out at the moment. As for temperatures, it seems to run around the higher 60s to mid 70s at stock speeds/boosts but can hit 90 celsius when pushed to 4.9+ghz. It will absolutely curb stomp the shit out of Ryzen in games at 1080p and (less so at) 1440p. Only at 4K is where these discrepancies start to disappear.

Some caveats: the motherboards for the i7 are more expensive on average BUT will likely have fewer issues with high-speed ram. Ryzen is brand new architecture so there will be kinks and jank and some mobo's hate playing nice with high-speed ram, silicon lottery and all that, BUT if you get something that can run 2900+mhz ram then the gaming performance will be solid regardless of the i7's dominance. On average, an AMD Ryzen 7 cpu + mobo will absolutely be cheaper than an Intel i7 + mobo.

iirc, you have an AMD FX series cpu? If that's correct, both options will absolutely be a tremendous upgrade.

Bonus: There's also the Ryzen 5 1600/1600x which is a 6 core/12-thread cpu for $210/$240 at the moment with pretty much the same gaming performance as the 1700/1700x. Temperatures and such are roughly the same, and clock speed differences are similar (3.2ghz out of box vs 3.6ghz out of box). It's still great at streaming and video editing though the Ryzen 7 1700s extra cores give it an edge with editing. The 1600 includes a heatsink whereas the X version does not. Overall it's pretty much the same story as the 1700, just 6 cores instead of 8. Alternatively, there's also the current (8th) gen i5 8400 which is a 6-core/6-thread cpu for apparently $200 but, like the i7, hard to find as it came out very recently.

Overall, all these options will be a considerable jump. The one downside is that AMD Ryzen cpus will likely bottleneck a gtx 1070 at 1080p and lower.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:11 am

Personally, I'm an AMD fan and I really do want to build a Ryzen 7 system but intel's pure dominance in gaming performance is basically killing my inner AMD fanboy. Ryzen's lead in streaming + content creation really shrunk with the i7 8700k launch. The thing that has me curious is how 2nd gen Ryzen will stack up against intel especially considering that 2nd gen, and 3rd gen Ryzen should technically work on the same motherboard as first gen Ryzen. Ryzen's only true downside in gaming performance compared to Intel seems to simply be its clockspeed as the benchmarks tend to be a ryzen chip at around 3.5 - 4ghz competing against an intel chip running at 4.5 - 5.0ghz. If 2nd gen can get higher speeds and guaranteed 4ghz, the gap between it and intel should, in theory, shrink considerably.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:52 pm

patreon realized from the backlash their changes were stupid... and now won't do them lol

https://gizmodo.com/patreon-to-world-we-messed-up-1821260027
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Mazer, this video might interest you on your pc upgrade journey!

LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 am

LegendX48 wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:

Witcher 3 was anything but typical but let's just agree to disagree there. As for its controls, it is tank-like but there's an alternate control feeling they patched that improved things considerably. Anywho, I'm tired of talking about how much of a disappointment BOTW is for me. There's a thread here that I made a while back that covers a couple of my issues that you can check out if you're interested. I will say this though, Witcher 3's plot and side quests are objectively superior to BOTW in its entirety. If BOTW wasn't so obsessed with cockblocking itself I would have different feelings on this.

Alright agree to disagree. I'll give you that Witcher 3 definitely had the better plot, but the plot isn't the main appeal or focus to BotW. Both experiences are just completely different takes on the genre and place their priorities in different areas.

To me it seems like you really like your narratives (as do I)! So you need to get Nier: Automata ASAP. I'm exaggerating a little lol but kind of mean it: Yoko Taro is essentially the Shakespeare of video games (in terms of style). He has blown me away of what I come to expect out out of a video game. You need this game in your life Legend!

If you want to get more of an idea of Yoko Taro's style, I'd recommend watching these videos from Clemps that goes over the Drakengard series in great detail and he goes over the first Nier (it's at least worth watching the Drakengard 1 analysis and Nier analysis)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI1L9JVl6TFdwfvKUuebNp_zOAL5XXDT5
You could play Nier: Automata just fine without having any context of the previous games but it's really cool seeing all the connections throughout the game.

Justin wrote:
zulux21 wrote:

Lies....

Unless it's raining.

^ This. And it takes like two seconds to switch gear and it's a good looking set, also....

-Mazer wrote:

Personally, I got the Gale ability right away (without even meaning too lol) and climbing was the easiest thing in the world...

*checks steam

^ this too. The Gale was the first ability I got and it saves lives and makes climbing even faster.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum