Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

+5
LegendX48
smirkytrick
-Mazer
Lunacy
zulux21
9 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Hey guys, I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! We had a good time, we did our family tradition of running the Dana Point Turkey Trot 10k and then we just ate and drink for the rest of the day with all the fam lol. And no major fights, so it was very successful!

-Mazer wrote:I will continue the debate but I am in the car (passenger) so will this point real fast since it is the one that stands out the most.

I know no one in DC will die but the fact is the characters are still getting their asses wrecked and we aee the toll it takes. Batman is the biggest example of this in Justice League as he obviously is shown having the biggest problem in handling non human enemies. He shows pain. He shows weakness and he knows his mortality and they take a good  amount of time showing this.

But Marvel does NOTHING like this. Not lately that is. I dont care about plot shields. What i care about is seeing characters put in MASSIVE situations where they SHOILD die, but dont.

But MCU never gives that illusion. Their huge shift towards non stop comedy is ruining their movies for me.

That kills it for me.

No Marvel character actually showcases their mortality  (minus Tony Stark who is the best thing of the entire series).

Aaaah I see what you mean now, thank you for clarifying. I can understand that frustration, I guess it comes down to preference in the end, it doesn't bug me too much (I generally like it) but I can understand that it can get old after a while. It'd be nice if they had more variety in terms of tone and writing in their movies going forward. I think this more lighthearted comedy direction has worked for the last several movies, but they should realize if they do it forever it's gonna get stale (or already has). That's why I really like what Fox is doing with Xmen now is that their recent and upcoming movies have a variety of tones from New Mutants, Deadpool, and probably Dark Phoenix (which I'm not looking forward to that much... the full assemble Xmen movies never really do much for me).

But Black Panther seems a bit more serious, so I'm excited for that.

-Mazer wrote:I also like to point out that I loved how the JL avtually felt like a team. They coordinated constantly w one another. They discussed options amd debated. They kept making sure everyone's strengths were being utilized and communicating throughout their fights. Loved that. That was classic JL actiom right there.

Also I agree w you Loom about Diana's butt. They had about 3 slow motion scenes showcasing Aquaman topless and that is jot sexualizing him but a very brief shot of her fully armored butt is blasphemy?

I did like the team coordination as well.

And ya, I felt like it was brief equal opportunity fanservice for both men and women heh.

LegendX48 wrote:It ain't an armored butt shot, it's in leather pants. Equal opportunity booty is good for all though. Aquaman in general kinda spent most of his time topless but is that sexualization or objectification, or neither? Bleh, I'm tired of this topic, I was just bringing up some stuff from Grace Randolph's twitter.

Ya I just think it's looking too much into it haha. A little fanservice doesn't hurt anybody :)
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:33 pm

I agree. BTW: did anyone else notice the abs on those 2 amazons who held up the stone wall? OMG They were RIPPED! Death by Snu Snu all the way.

How was everyone's holidays?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:35 pm

pretty busy on my end... I worked at Macy's... thankfully not at retail.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:51 am

That sucks man. Mine was pretty relaxing tbh.

And Marvel says they still have 20 films to make...

That's it. I'm done. I'm seriously over it. This is getting too ridiculous. I am sick of "Chapter" Films that never kill characters, over use humor, and come out 3 movies a year
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:09 am

-Mazer wrote:That sucks man. Mine was pretty relaxing tbh.

And Marvel says they still have 20 films to make...

That's it. I'm done. I'm seriously over it. This is getting too ridiculous. I am sick of "Chapter" Films that never kill characters, over use humor, and come out 3 movies a year

I will continue to watch the marvel movies, as i prefer comedy in my movies Razz

anyways you watch anymore MHA MAZER?

also I am surprised your pretty relaxed, I would have figured the blackfriday/holiday stuff would have made your work quite busy.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Oh, I'm not relaxed. My T-day was relaxed. I'm usually half asleep or mildly stressed right now though that mildly is slowly turning into Very as the days tick by.

And sadly, I have not watched anymore. I've been working and cleaning so I usually run Bob's Burgers in the background
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Mazer, you shouldn't write off the MCU, just everything that isn't Captain America.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:20 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Mazer, you shouldn't write off the MCU, just everything

Fixed >.>

Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:20 am

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Mazer, you shouldn't write off the MCU, just everything

Fixed >.>

Very Happy
you broked it ;_;
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:30 am

*laughs*

So, I saw the Hey Arnold Jungle Movie. After thinking it over after viewing, I give it a 5 - 6. It tied loose ends but there was some really bad writing choices that - once I thought about it - made zero sense.

It was also VERY rushed.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:05 am

wait, it's out?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:59 am

Glorious. I really hope it's not a bait and switch like Age of Ultron but, seeing as Whedon is gone and this is in the Russo bro's hands, it's looking like it's gonna fucking deliver on that tone.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:23 pm

LegendX48 wrote:wait, it's out?

Yup. I had to download it though.

@ Zulu

i totally am. One for me, one for collectible.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:43 pm

zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:47 pm

*almost clicks on it until he sees the word LOLI*

Maybe...when I am not at work.... >.>

On that note:

Please watch and share. Like seriously share. I am trying to maintain 100 views now per video to try to get better coverage
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:59 am

so context for what i am about to post.
the following is my nanowrimo data set.
Anahara is my main story project
Exoplium is my new project for nano.
my goal was to complete two seperate nanos this month.

and...
Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 2 YpzG7I9

I finally did it MWA HA HA HA HA
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:54 pm

Nano?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:47 pm

This looks like a blast!

-Mazer wrote:Nano?
NaNoWriMo/National Novel Writing Month.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:58 pm

LegendX48 wrote:This looks like a blast!
That looks so awesome.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:44 am

I'm amused by the fact that less than a day after i beat lost castle for the first time playing it for months co op, it suddenly goes from 2 to 4 player co op lol

http://store.steampowered.com/app/434650/Lost_Castle/
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:34 pm

DOOM IS SO GOOD!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:14 pm

I wish I could find a group of audiophiles that could answer my questions about soundbars
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:50 am

Sorry I have not been on much in the past week. Finals and Skyrim (Not a good mix) have been taking all of my free time.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:15 am

Heh....
Book 4, which was an arc that was originally supposed to be just a 20-30k word arc to finish out book 3 is now almost 110k words, which makes it nearly 30k longer than any of the first 3 books lol.

Book 3 ended up running longer than expected in the first place, which was part of the reason I moved it, but as I got closer to the arc I had a lot more good ideas for it that greatly expanded on it.

the best part? while I can easily identify parts I could cut down in the first 3 books, the only part of book 4 I feel could easily be cut down is the middle, and even that is questionable as I needed something to build from the initial mystery to the climax.

oh well, soon i will start editing earlier stuff, and once I do I will finally be able to at least let Mazer read the first chapter, though I am still not sure I will ever get that to a point I think it is good. To much data to dump lol.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next