Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

+11
Lunacy
TensePsychopath
Koenig
Squirrel500
ColumbianLoom
LegendX48
Justin
Cybersix
Lux
smirkytrick
-Mazer
15 posters

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 12 Empty Re: GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

Post by Lunacy Sat May 17, 2014 12:45 pm

ded, I'll just leave this here:
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 12 Empty Re: GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

Post by smirkytrick Sat May 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Tonight!!! TF2!

Also Bought Tekken Tag Tournament for the PS2, I wanna say I like it, but the only thing that kills it for me is that it uses the D-pad instead of the analog stick, and the D-pad keeps giving me blisters. WHY DID THEY DO THAT?!
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat May 17, 2014 12:55 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Also Bought Tekken Tag Tournament for the PS2, I wanna say I like it, but the only thing that kills it for me is that it uses the D-pad instead of the analog stick. WHY DID THEY DO THAT?!
You use the Analog stick? O_O
*is very much used to D-Pad for fighters*
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat May 17, 2014 1:01 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Tonight!!! TF2!

Also Bought Tekken Tag Tournament for the PS2, I wanna say I like it, but the only thing that kills it for me is that it uses the D-pad instead of the analog stick, and the D-pad keeps giving me blisters. WHY DID THEY DO THAT?!
because using the analog stick for fighters is dumb and counter productive.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 17, 2014 1:08 pm

I don't play many fighters, but d-pad all the way, yo. Analog stick is eww.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sat May 17, 2014 1:17 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Also Bought Tekken Tag Tournament for the PS2, I wanna say I like it, but the only thing that kills it for me is that it uses the D-pad instead of the analog stick. WHY DID THEY DO THAT?!
You use the Analog stick? O_O
*is very much used to D-Pad for fighters*
Well, the fighter I usually play the most is Smash Bros. That's probably why.

LegendX48 wrote:because using the analog stick for fighters is dumb and counter productive.

Darth Luna wrote:I don't play many fighters, but d-pad all the way, yo. Analog stick is eww.
I don't get it. It works for smash bros. it works for Street Fighter 4 and Mortal Kombat. I don't get why you guys are so anti-analog. And I'm not saying the D-pad is insufficient I know there are good fighting games that work better with it, like the original Mortal Kombat. I'm just saying it should have at least been an option for a fighter like Tekken.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Hmm, well actually, here's my way of viewing it. 2d fighters I prefer with the d-pad, 3d fighers seem to go better with the analog. I prefer 2d fighters.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 17, 2014 1:30 pm

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 12 Bdl21g

Good point...>_>
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sat May 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Hmm, well actually, here's my way of viewing it. 2d fighters I prefer with the d-pad, 3d fighers seem to go better with the analog. I prefer 2d fighters.
That's is a good point there. 2D fighters go better with the D-pad. But Tekken is a 3D fighter, and anolog would be ideal here but that option is non existing. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if this is a deal breaker for the game. I like the game, but I hate the blisters.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Only 3d fighter series I ever played a bit of, was Dead or Alive. Mainly since I became a fan of it through Ninja Gaiden.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat May 17, 2014 1:49 pm

omg...playing a point and click game for 3 hours before bed is a very bad idea...

all my dreams were point and click
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat May 17, 2014 1:51 pm

smirkytrick wrote:I don't get it. It works for smash bros. it works for Street Fighter 4 and Mortal Kombat. I don't get why you guys are so anti-analog. And I'm not saying the D-pad is insufficient I know there are good fighting games that work better with it, like the original Mortal Kombat. I'm just saying it should have at least been an option for a fighter like Tekken.
Smash Bros is nothing like a traditional fighter game. The analog stick works for that game because there's no moves that require multiple direction presses to activate. Moves like pressing Diag down-left, then Diag down-right, then diag down, Triangle+Circle don't exist in Smash Bros, so D pad is not necessary. Some things require such precise button press that Analog sticks can't get as quick as D Pad.
I wouldn't blame you for using the Analog stick for XB360 fighters, though... The D Pad in those controllers were awful.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Yeah, I agree with you, Justin.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat May 17, 2014 1:59 pm

The D-pad is the primary reason I play all my Mortal Kombats on Playstation
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat May 17, 2014 2:06 pm

Alright guys here's the plan!!

I am seeing Godzilla @ 7:30 tonight. We'll do some TF2 around 10/10:30 pm.

I will be skyping all those playing into one group so get ya headphones ready and I will record the gameplay or at the least; live stream it.

How is that sound?

Also - question?

So. You invite a bunch of friends to see a movie. your closest friends never respond except for one who says no because he has no money; only for you to discover they all go two days later to the midnight show without inviting you - or even asking.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Mazar scared everyone away.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Sat May 17, 2014 2:22 pm

-Mazer wrote:So. You invite a bunch of friends to see a movie. your closest friends never respond except for one who says no because he has no money; only for you to discover they all go two days later to the midnight show without inviting you - or even asking.

Wankers.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sat May 17, 2014 2:35 pm

QUESTION!!!!
Will you be sending invites? or do we actually have to find the server?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sat May 17, 2014 3:21 pm

-Mazer wrote:

Also - question?

So. You invite a bunch of friends to see a movie. your closest friends never respond except for one who says no because he has no money; only for you to discover they all go two days later to the midnight show without inviting you - or even asking.

I would be pissed, but there's got to be a good explanation for that
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat May 17, 2014 4:24 pm

[quote="smirkytrick"]QUESTION!!!!
Will you be sending invites? or do we actually have to find the server?[/quote

I will invite. We'll use public servers as the custom one I built is just too much of a damn hassle to get working Sad
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Sat May 17, 2014 4:38 pm

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 12 KPWGpqn
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat May 17, 2014 4:41 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:Hmm, well actually, here's my way of viewing it. 2d fighters I prefer with the d-pad, 3d fighers seem to go better with the analog. I prefer 2d fighters.
That's is a good point there. 2D fighters go better with the D-pad. But Tekken is a 3D fighter, and anolog would be ideal here but that option is non existing. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if this is a deal breaker for the game. I like the game, but I hate the blisters.
Tekken isn't the same as, say, Soul Calibur which has damn near full and free 3D movement and is far better suited to the D-pad whereas Soul Cal is not.

Although I probably shouldn't be talking seeing as I use fightsticks which basically have an oversized analog stick >.>
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat May 17, 2014 5:23 pm

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:QUESTION!!!!
Will you be sending invites? or do we actually have to find the server?[/quote

I will invite. We'll use public servers as the custom one I built is just too much of a damn hassle to get working Sad
=I
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Sat May 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 12 KPWGpqn
Lalafells are too silly :3
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Sat May 17, 2014 5:41 pm

Fuck that, there cute as fuck.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum