Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR!

+9
smirkytrick
Justin
-Mazer
Cybersix
zulux21
Lunacy
TensePsychopath
Koenig
LegendX48
13 posters

Page 20 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR! - Page 20 Empty Re: Gen Chat 9: THE HORROR!

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:45 am

Lux wrote:Hey do we have any anime nerds in the house? Cuz for the first time in a while, I've found an anime that has NOTHING when it comes to accessible searches and tags beyond two trailers and these gifs.

http://zensoubu.tumblr.com/

Can anyone here unearth anything more, cuz I'm actually baffled that this is all there is of this anime, which was teased two years ago.
I got nothing. Sorry.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:06 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/16/see-the-zelda-samus-costumes-in-fatal-frame-wii-u?abthid=56212b0195985ae67d000010

Interest in game, rising...But unless they make a physical copy available, I won't buy it.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Koenig wrote:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/16/see-the-zelda-samus-costumes-in-fatal-frame-wii-u?abthid=56212b0195985ae67d000010

Interest in game, rising...But unless they make a physical copy available, I won't buy it.

Um.

*Calls his 11 year old sister to show her the new Zelda game she should try*
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:19 pm

Koenig wrote:

Don't care about physical. Just happy to get FF again

Also: Pokemon Go has been given 30 million $ for developement from Nintendo and Google.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:41 pm

I care deeply about physical copies.  Why the hell did NoA choose NOT to print even a small number of them?  I dislike digital, and I absolutely despise "Free-to-start" models of digital games.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:54 pm

Lux wrote:Hey do we have any anime nerds in the house? Cuz for the first time in a while, I've found an anime that has NOTHING when it comes to accessible searches and tags beyond two trailers and these gifs.

Can anyone here unearth anything more, cuz I'm actually baffled that this is all there is of this anime, which was teased two years ago.
You sure it's an anime series? Looking at one of the trailers, I get the feeling that maybe it could have been a game. Like a mobile game only released in japan. Anyhow, I can't find anymore info on it either.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:00 pm

http://chatbiscuit.tumblr.com/post/91608071373/ok-so-i-found-out-zensoubu-is-actually-an

Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:03 pm

I just found that on their Pixiv page. It says "We are the secret animation producing group "Zensoubu" and now we are making (Kimi to boku no yu-trouble) 'Kimiyuto' for short." Searched for that show on mal and there's no entry for it.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:09 pm

dat zero suit samus costume, she so busty...

Also, the game (Fatal Frame) needs a physical copy. Fucking absurd that the only way to play it right now is to spend $130+ on it

Last edited by LegendX48 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:10 pm

LegendX48 wrote:dat zero suit samus costume, she so busty...

Also, this game needs a physical copy. Fucking absurd that the only way to play it right now is to spend $130+ on it
Agreed.  Freemium games have absolutely no place in the AAA market.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Wait, Freemium?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:51 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Wait, Freemium?
Free to start, but requires money to actually play the whole game.  That is exactly how it is being release in the US, and I despise it.  Unless the game gets an actual physical release I REFUSE to buy it.  

Mad

Likewise, whoever it is at Nintendo of America responsible for this decision has further cost the company as a whole my trust as a consumer.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:20 pm

Koenig wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Wait, Freemium?
Free to start, but requires money to actually play the whole game.  That is exactly how it is being release in the US, and I despise it.  Unless the game gets an actual physical release I REFUSE to buy it.  

Mad

Likewise, whoever it is at Nintendo of America responsible for this decision has further cost the company as a whole my trust as a consumer.

I don't get the issue...it's basically the exact same thing as a Demo then you pay for the full thing...it's been around for ages....I see no reason to hate on it Really?;

As for the physical release: Here's the issue. They finally give us Fatal Frame. If people all refuse the digital release it will just cement their opinion that there is no market for the game and they will just say f*ck it for the next version.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:21 pm

Koenig wrote:I care deeply about physical copies.  Why the hell did NoA choose NOT to print even a small number of them?  I dislike digital, and I absolutely despise "Free-to-start" models of digital games.

You call it Free to Start.

I call it a Demo - something that has been dying...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:54 pm

I vote with my wallet, and physical copies are part of thing I am paying for.  If Nintendo is unwilling even even bother with a limited release then it is on their own heads if I won't buy the game.

Once again I have to iterate the fact that if Nintendo had simple prepared a limited physical release to go along side the digital version I would have nothing to complain about.  It is not a question about buying the game to support the translation effort, it is that Nintendo should have the damn game available to begin with!  I should not have to clamor to Nintendo like a dog for scraps to get a game I am interested in, rather they should provide a library of games at all times for their users to choose from.

But in this case they have taken my option away as a consumer, and forced my hand.

Aside from the fact that I simply don't have the room on My U to download a digital only game due to the limited internal hard-drive, Which I was fine with mind you, since I only buy physical anyways; however in a situation like this they have taken that option away from me and forced my hand.  It is no longer a matter of preference but bad design, plain and simple.

Then in regards to "free to start", it is really a matter of framing.  Give me a demo that is nice and tied up from the start to its finish, I don't mind that, and in fact encourage it.  On the other hand, most "free to start" games I have played treat the demo as part of the main game and end up feeling like a rip-off when the user is prompted for cash. (See "tank tank tank" for an example)  it is basic consumer psychology, and in almost every case I have seen "Free to start" the games come of as intrusive and flow breaking, very different from the Demo's have seen for other games.  Why not just sell the whole game digitally to begin with and make a demo for the first level separately?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:38 pm

What's the difference though between releasing the 2 vs just releasing it as a whole and having you "unlock" the whole game? Again, several games have done the exact same thing over the years so I don't find it much of an issue.

A lot of demos (lately) don't feel like demos either. They are exactly what you described - part of the game as a whole then cuts off abruptly.

The difference though is that with Fatal Frame you'll actually be able to continue the game after paying for it. No starting over, no losing inventory; just continuing after the "wall".

Calling if Freemuim is a disservice I feel. It's not Freemuim. It's a Demo that you can Upgrade to Full. PC games do this, indie games do this, app games do this. It's not Freemuim. It's not the barest of barest bones experience where you must pay to get all of the game's awesomness. It's the first level as a "demo" that has everything in it.

And Tank Tank Tank was just a mess of the Freemuim service.

As for digital vs physical - I am just as much as an advocate of physical games as you are however I don't want to risk not getting my claws on a game I've been looking forward too because its digital. Some games like Deception Blood Queen and this Fatal Frame would be missed if I didn't get them as a digital copy.

There are some practices that I absolutely abhor (Pre-order DLC, yearly releases, season passes) and I will not abide by them, but the digital practice isn't nearly as awful in the long run - to me - as the other practices going on are.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:58 pm

"Isn't nearly as awful"  is still not a positive point in my book.

Give me one valid reason that Nintendo should not release a limited number of physical copies.

I will also preemptively block the argument that the game might not sell enough copies, considering limited releases are made for that very reason.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:06 pm

my only beef with the fatal frame stuff is that the game calls for a mandatory external HDD purchase which means I'd have to spend $100+ just to be able to download it, god forbid I do so and end up hating it and have that money wasted be completely and totally wasted. God Nintendo, your systems need hard drives!!!!

Unrelated, Yoshi's Wooly World is fun!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:27 pm

LegendX48 wrote:my only beef with the fatal frame stuff is that the game calls for a mandatory external HDD purchase which means I'd have to spend $100+ just to be able to download it, god forbid I do so and end up hating it and have that money wasted be completely and totally wasted. God Nintendo, your systems need hard drives!!!!

Or we could just buy a physical version and not need to download it, had Nintendo had the sense to make it that is...

If it brings down the price of the system, I don't actually mind having a small default hard drive (Though I think the minimum size should be 64-128 Gigabytes, not the 32 we have now)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:31 pm

@Luna

Can you help nurse me back to health again in fallen london?

I may or may not have pissed off a bunch of devils trying to steal the souls of street urchins (I simply can't let them do that you know?  The children's souls belong to me after all!)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:32 pm

LegendX48 wrote:my only beef with the fatal frame stuff is that the game calls for a mandatory external HDD purchase which means I'd have to spend $100+ just to be able to download it, god forbid I do so and end up hating it and have that money wasted be completely and totally wasted. God Nintendo, your systems need hard drives!!!!

*is happy he had an old external that works perfectly for things like this :3
Spoiler:

@ Koenig

*shrugs* I have no clue. But with NOAs history of not liking Japanese games for some reason, I'm just pleased to get it.

And yes. Wooly Yoshi is amazing. Too Kawaii for words.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Koenig wrote:@Luna

I may or may not have pissed off a bunch of devils trying to steal the souls of street urchins (I simply can't let them do that you know?  The children's souls belong to me after all!)
hmmm, ok
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Luna wrote:
Koenig wrote:@Luna

hmmm, ok
I'm just picturing Luna holding Koenig's body, lovingly nursing him back to health.
:3
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Luna did try poisoning me before...
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:09 pm

That trickster!
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next