Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

+10
Bearhugger29
Slainwolff
smirkytrick
Cybersix
-Insanity-
Justin
ColumbianLoom
LegendX48
-Mazer
Koenig
14 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

Post by Koenig Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:01 am

<3 this game, but I do have one more major complaint to add:
HERO MODE IS BULLSHIT!!!

Rather than remixing the dungeons, mirroring the world, enforcing conservation or giving the game any legitimate form of a difficulty bump; They instead limited you to one item and increased enemy damage to ridiculous proportions. Getting one hit killed by a semi-common enemy halfway through a dungeon is downright cheep.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:10 am

Koenig wrote:<3 this game, but I do have one more major complaint to add:
HERO MODE IS BULLSHIT!!!

Rather than remixing the dungeons, mirroring the world, enforcing conservation or giving the game any legitimate form of a difficulty bump; They instead limited you to one item and increased enemy damage to ridiculous proportions.  Getting one hit killed by a semi-common enemy halfway through a dungeon is downright cheep.
Welcome to hero mode. Why make a legitimate hard mode when Nintendo can just slap Hero mode on it?

After going through WWHD on hero mode I'm fucking done with hero mode. NEVER AGAIN!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:18 am

HERO MODE IS BULLSHIT!!!

Rather than remixing the dungeons, mirroring the world, enforcing conservation or giving the game any legitimate form of a difficulty bump; They instead limited you to one item
elaborate plz. You mean if you carry a bow, you can only carry that bow and nothing else?
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:28 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:
HERO MODE IS BULLSHIT!!!

Rather than remixing the dungeons, mirroring the world, enforcing conservation or giving the game any legitimate form of a difficulty bump; They instead limited you to one item
elaborate plz. You mean if you carry a bow, you can only carry that bow and nothing else?
You can only have one item selected as compared to the prior two (Making the X button completely useless) Though you can still pause the game and swap for another weapon, which kind of defeats the purpose of getting rid of the second slot and just makes it even more tedious.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:30 am

Oh.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:32 am

LegendX48 wrote:Welcome to hero mode. Why make a legitimate hard mode when Nintendo can just slap Hero mode on it?

After going through WWHD on hero mode I'm fucking done with hero mode. NEVER AGAIN!

I was REALLY hoping they would go the route they went with Ocarina of Time 3D and make it like Master Quest and mirrored world.

*Disappointed/Fucking annoyed*
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:33 am

Master Quest sucked Neutral
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:53 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Master Quest sucked Neutral
It was still miles better than "Hero mode".

Mad 
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:13 am

HERO MODE IS BULLSHIT!!!

Rather than remixing the dungeons, mirroring the world, enforcing conservation or giving the game any legitimate form of a difficulty bump; They instead limited you to one item and increased enemy damage to ridiculous proportions.  Getting one hit killed by a semi-common enemy halfway through a dungeon is downright cheep.
Pray tell...why would you think that Hero Mode would do any of those things when nintendo never once mentioned it?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:40 am

-Mazer wrote:
HERO MODE IS BULLSHIT!!!

Pray tell...why would you think that Hero Mode would do any of those things when nintendo never once mentioned it?
The only "Harder difficulty" mode I have ever played in a Zelda game was for Ocarina of time 3D, I was expecting the same thing in ALBW.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:06 am

The ONLY game that has a real "hard" difficulty is GoldenEye (N64 & Wii) that gives you more objectives as you play. Seriously, the majority of "Hard" mode in a majority of video games is nothing more than making enemies hit you harder while making your attacks weaker.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:13 am

-Mazer wrote:The ONLY game that has a real "hard" difficulty is GoldenEye (N64 & Wii) that gives you more objectives as you play. Seriously, the majority of "Hard" mode in a majority of video games is nothing more than making enemies hit you harder while making your attacks weaker.

An increased focus on conservation (Reduced heart drops and potion heals) or remixed dungeons and puzzles are equally good forms of difficulty enhancement.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:21 am

I agree. But the odds of seeing that happen (in Zelda or any other game for that matter) is very small. Devs don't get what true difficulty is.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:38 am

-Mazer wrote: Devs don't get what true difficulty is.
*Raises hand*

Why not? It is their job to know such things, I don't understand why Nintendo does not know this.

Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Because they don't want to make games legit......

nevermind lol. Just watched your video. spot on
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:24 pm

-Mazer wrote:The ONLY game that has a real "hard" difficulty is GoldenEye (N64 & Wii) that gives you more objectives as you play. Seriously, the majority of "Hard" mode in a majority of video games is nothing more than making enemies hit you harder while making your attacks weaker.

it really depends on the game. For instance, TLOU on Survivor difficulty (ie very hard) is pretty much the definitive experience.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:50 pm

Hyrule Warriors Trailer :3

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:05 pm

wait, a new one?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:06 pm

So...I just found out I CAN wield two items in hero mode... I just had to find an item that is practically right next to my house. I found this out AFTER beating all the dungeons with just one item slot...

Fuck me.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:15 am

Copy-Paste one of my posts from another forum:

This is just a theory I have been dabbling with for a while, but after examining the recently revealed timeline of the Zelda series, I think that Nintendo's reasoning for dividing the Zelda timeline might included the visual aesthetic's of the series itself.

For clarification, let's first divide the aesthetics of the series into the three separate styles most commonly used to describe the games:

-Classic (A Link to the Past, Seasons, Awakening)
-Dark (Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess)
-Cartoon (Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks)

And now lets compare the games with these aesthetic's to the official three timelines. Link is Defeated, Link Succeeds, and Ganon is Sealed; Or A, B, and C respectively.

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 2 Timeline_Hyrule_Historia

Notice the correlation between them? The aesthetic styles of the games line up almost perfectly with their locations in the timeline. In timeline A the style of the games is consistently "Classic", in timeline B two of the three games present are both considered to be "Dark" when compared to the rest of the series, and in timeline C all the games are in the "Cartoon" style made famous in Wind Waker. Exceptions to this analysis are Skyward Sword, Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Sword Adventure, and Ocarina of Time; However with the exception of Four Swords Adventure, all of their positions in the timeline is also prior to the timeline split itself; meaning that if the intent of the split was to divide the styles of the series, any games present prior to the split could incorporate all three styles.

The Achilles Heel to this theory comes with the remaining game, Four Swords Adventure. While potentially a fatal blow to this idea, I feel that the comparison between the timeline and aesthetics of the series yields far to many consistences to be debunked out of hand. However I have taken this theory as far as I can by myself, and I am looking forward to hearing your own thoughts on the idea.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Koenig wrote:Copy-Paste one of my posts from another forum:

This is just a theory I have been dabbling with for a while, but after examining the recently revealed timeline of the Zelda series, I think that Nintendo's reasoning for dividing the Zelda timeline might included the visual aesthetic's of the series itself.  

For clarification, let's first divide the aesthetics of the series into the three separate styles most commonly used to describe the games:

-Classic (A Link to the Past,  Seasons, Awakening)

And now lets compare the games with these aesthetic's to the official three timelines. Link is Defeated, Link Succeeds, and Ganon is Sealed; Or A, B, and C respectively.

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 2 Timeline_Hyrule_Historia

Notice the correlation between them?   The aesthetic styles of the games line up almost perfectly with their locations in the timeline.   In timeline A the style of the games is consistently "Classic",  in timeline B two of the three games present are both considered to be "Dark" when compared to the rest of the series, and in timeline C all the games are in the "Cartoon" style made famous in Wind Waker.   Exceptions to this analysis are Skyward Sword,  Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Sword Adventure, and Ocarina of Time;  However with the exception of Four Swords Adventure, all of their positions in the timeline is also prior to the timeline split itself;  meaning that if the intent of the split was to divide the styles of the series, any games present prior to the split could incorporate all three styles.

The Achilles Heel to this theory comes with the remaining game, Four Swords Adventure.  While potentially a fatal blow to this idea,  I feel that the comparison between the timeline and aesthetics of the series yields far to many consistences to be debunked out of hand.   However I have taken this theory as far as I can by myself, and I am looking forward to hearing your own thoughts on the idea.

I think your theory makes sense. I mean it seems to be set up that way.

What's funny to me about the timeline is that it all seemed like luck that it was all able to fit together pretty nicely. I don't think Nintendo ever excepted fans to get so into the timeline. Because of fan uproar, Nintendo decided to make it work. The GT timeline says something like that.

Though, your theory makes it seems like it could have been all planned from the pretty much the beginning. The classic timeline is classic, the dark timeline is dark for the most part, and the cartoon is cartoony.  The Wind Waker timeline definitely has a straight forward progression, where everything was up in the air until Nintendo put Hyrule Historia. But the three timelines do seem to have those individual relations..... Good eye Koenig.

Anyways, I thought it would be pretty cool if the Four Sword was the main sword instead of the Master Sword in Zelda U. It would be pretty cool to see how Nintendo would use the clones in a 3D environment.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by -Insanity- Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:39 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Koenig wrote:Copy-Paste one of my posts from another forum:

-Classic (A Link to the Past,  Seasons, Awakening)

[]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130216175437/zelda/answers/images/7/7c/Timeline_Hyrule_Historia.jpg[/img]

Notice the correlation between them?   The aesthetic styles of the games line up almost perfectly with their locations in the timeline.   In timeline A the style of the games is consistently "Classic",  in timeline B two of the three games present are both considered to be "Dark" when compared to the rest of the series, and in timeline C all the games are in the "Cartoon" style made famous in Wind Waker.   Exceptions to this analysis are Skyward Sword,  Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Sword Adventure, and Ocarina of Time;  However with the exception of Four Swords Adventure, all of their positions in the timeline is also prior to the timeline split itself;  meaning that if the intent of the split was to divide the styles of the series, any games present prior to the split could incorporate all three styles.

The Achilles Heel to this theory comes with the remaining game, Four Swords Adventure.  While potentially a fatal blow to this idea,  I feel that the comparison between the timeline and aesthetics of the series yields far to many consistences to be debunked out of hand.   However I have taken this theory as far as I can by myself, and I am looking forward to hearing your own thoughts on the idea.

I think your theory makes sense. I mean it seems to be set up that way.

What's funny to me about the timeline is that it all seemed like luck that it was all able to fit together pretty nicely. I don't think Nintendo ever excepted fans to get so into the timeline. Because of fan uproar, Nintendo decided to make it work. The GT timeline says something like that.

Though, your theory makes it seems like it could have been all planned from the pretty much the beginning. The classic timeline is classic, the dark timeline is dark for the most part, and the cartoon is cartoony.  The Wind Waker timeline definitely has a straight forward progression, where everything was up in the air until Nintendo put Hyrule Historia. But the three timelines do seem to have those individual relations..... Good eye Koenig.

Anyways, I thought it would be pretty cool if the Four Sword was the main sword instead of the Master Sword in Zelda U. It would be pretty cool to see how Nintendo would use the clones in a 3D environment.
Hopefully it's more like Albw, because I don't see it working in any other way. Sure it could work, but it would be a bit weird in a way.
-Insanity-
-Insanity-

Bounty : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:09 pm

worth a watch
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:23 pm

LegendX48 wrote:

worth a watch

That was interesting. He brought up good examples...
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 2 Empty Official Nintendo Discussion Thread

Post by -Mazer Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:06 pm

For news about the system or to debate the system.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next