Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here!

+7
Lunacy
Koenig
ColumbianLoom
Bearhugger29
TensePsychopath
LegendX48
-Mazer
11 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here! - Page 5 Empty Re: Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here!

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:36 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
Squirrel500 wrote:shit I missed the Nintendo conference, was there anything good for 3DS?
Let's see... There a new Pheonix Wright Game, There is an upcoming peripheral for the 3DS that has this thing for figurines (like Skylanders) for the upcoming Smash Bros.,  Pokemon Oros... actually they didn't really talk about the 3DS that much.

Also, just watched the Smash Bros. invitational thing. It was epic, and there was this hilarious moment when the announcers were freaking out when Megaman got a smash ball.

nice a new phoenix wright game, I love those. haha I wished I could have seen the smash bros part
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here! - Page 5 Empty Re: Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here!

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:37 pm

Koenig wrote:TO be fair...You can change Links name in any Zelda game.

But he's still Link nonetheless.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:39 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Koenig wrote:TO be fair...You can change Links name in any Zelda game.

But he's still Link nonetheless.

that's for sure it's like all the older final fantasy games, you can change a character's name, for example Tidus, but he still is Tidus
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Still, it is a loophole I would not put past Nintendo to a spin on. Whoever it is, it still looks a hell of a lot like Link, albeit in a dire need of a haircut.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:03 pm

Koenig wrote:Still, it is a loophole I would not put past Nintendo to a spin on.  Whoever it is, it still looks a hell of a lot like Link, albeit in a dire need of a haircut.
Actually, Link always had that haircut. Also, his outfit kinda reminded me of that outfit link was wearing in Wind Waker. Maybe this is the intro and it is before he puts on the green tunic.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:10 pm

I guess it is the way it is flowing through the air that gives him a feminine appearance this time around then. Though I agree with you about his what his clothing may be (Though he is well armed to not already have the tunic)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm sort of inclined to say this new character could be Link's sister or daughter. It would explain the resemblance. Other than that the model looks overly female to me.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:31 pm

I actually thought Link was a girl the first time I played as him in twilight princess.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:35 pm

idk, Link has always very obviously been a boy to me. This new character leans so far and hard into female territory that, until Aunoma and crew say otherwise, I'm just going to assume it is a girl.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:36 pm

ALSO, did anyone else notice that the horse was more than likely not Epona? New horsey!!!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:02 am

YOU'RE CHECKING OU-I MEAN, "ANALYZING" THE HORSE TOO!?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:10 am

Lol Luna.

Link as had feminine characteristics for several years, they are just much more notable this time around. Regardless I will continue to consider Link (Or whoever it was in the teaser) to be male for the time being, at least untill officially confirmed otherwise. Aonuma may hint otherwise, but I have a feeling he is harnessing the power of misdirection.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:11 am

I agree with you, koenig. I think it's best to just see it as an effeminate character, unless otherwise confirmed.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:15 am

I think the eyelash argument is invalid
Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here! - Page 5 Zelda__Skyward_Sword_Link_by_skywardsword
Just look at them, very feminine.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:32 am

Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:04 am

LegendX48 wrote:idk, Link has always very obviously been a boy to me. This new character leans so far and hard into female territory that, until Aunoma and crew say otherwise, I'm just going to assume it is a girl.

I think so too. My guess is that it's a new character that's a girl.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:14 am

Of all the characters to join Smash Bros, I think pac-man was the one I expected least.

Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:40 am

I expected a Namco character from the very moment I heard Namco was helping to Balance the game.

Considering mascots, Pac Man had high chances of joining.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:44 am

According to a now-pulled interview on Time's website, there's a new Star Fox game in development for Wii U, being led by iconic Nintendo designer Shigeru Miyamoto.

The Miyamoto interview described Star Fox's gameplay and how the Mario creator plans to have the game use the Wii U's Gamepad:

In his new version of Star Fox — still fundamentally a spaceship-based shooter — players now use the GamePad's motion controls to aim and fire the Arwing's weapons, simultaneously controlling the nimble craft itself by thumbing the joysticks to accelerate or turn and pull off signature moves like barrel rolls, loops and the tactically essential Immelman turn. And you can still morph your Arwing into a land tank, rocketing down to the surface of a planet, then rattling around the battlefield and laying waste to the landscape.

Miyamato also divulges that this Star Fox game was originally meant for the Wii:

We originally began working with Star Fox back on Wii, and we had a small group of people experimenting with it for many years, maybe about six years, but we didn't find an idea that really brought that together for the Wii. So instead we moved experimentation to the Wii U using some of the same assets. It's been maybe 6 to 10 months that we've been experimenting with it.

The Time article was up briefly and then pulled, having apparently slipped out before an embargo. Nintendo's digital E3 presentation coverage begins shortly and Kotaku will have full coverage of all the news that breaks there.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:23 am

Lose 30 minutes of gameplay if you dun pre-order!
Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here! - Page 5 YOqZYgm

:3
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:02 am

-Mazer wrote:Lose 30 minutes of gameplay if you dun pre-order!
Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here! - Page 5 YOqZYgm

:3

If you take your time, it may even extend up to 32 minutes of gameplay!
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:30 am

Cybersix wrote:I think the eyelash argument is invalid
Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here! - Page 5 Zelda__Skyward_Sword_Link_by_skywardsword
Just look at them, very feminine.
I feel like it is. That and that Link is very clearly a boy. This "new" character isn't. Even the eyelash points on it border on being female

Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here! - Page 5 Zelda-2015

Link has had little eyelash points before but always on the bottom of his eyes which gave off a male vibe, this sudden placement switch changes up the overall look. That and the entire picture just screams "female character" to me. That ain't the face of a dude.

edit: And I just now noticed, look at the shapes of the eyes. These are very rounded where as that pic of SS Link has harder eyes.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:13 pm

-Mazer wrote:According to a now-pulled interview on Time's website, there's a new Star Fox game in development for Wii U, being led by iconic Nintendo designer Shigeru Miyamoto.

The Miyamoto interview described Star Fox's gameplay and how the Mario creator plans to have the game use the Wii U's Gamepad:

In his new version of Star Fox — still fundamentally a spaceship-based shooter — players now use the GamePad's motion controls to aim and fire the Arwing's weapons, simultaneously controlling the nimble craft itself by thumbing the joysticks to accelerate or turn and pull off signature moves like barrel rolls, loops and the tactically essential Immelman turn. And you can still morph your Arwing into a land tank, rocketing down to the surface of a planet, then rattling around the battlefield and laying waste to the landscape.

Miyamato also divulges that this Star Fox game was originally meant for the Wii:

We originally began working with Star Fox back on Wii, and we had a small group of people experimenting with it for many years, maybe about six years, but we didn't find an idea that really brought that together for the Wii. So instead we moved experimentation to the Wii U using some of the same assets. It's been maybe 6 to 10 months that we've been experimenting with it.

The Time article was up briefly and then pulled, having apparently slipped out before an embargo. Nintendo's digital E3 presentation coverage begins shortly and Kotaku will have full coverage of all the news that breaks there.

So basically we aren't getting a full fledged Star Fox game.
 Neutral 
Dammit Miyamoto! Why couldn't you just give the franchise to Platinum to make a proper SF!? All this game is going to be is a too stupid gyroscope test game with no online, no story mode, and just episodic. Pretty lame if you ask me.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Legend, you have a point.
Looking at the default Mii eyes for female:

Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here! - Page 5 12527_femalesamplemii

That eyelash design DOES make link look more feminine.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:24 pm

That wasn't Link
While Zelda Wii U made its official trailer debut yesterday during Nintendo's E3 Direct show, a lot of the talk regarding what was shown revolved around Link's new appearance. Around the Internet, speculations ranged between Link being a female for this game to the possible connections with Ganondorf due to Link's gauntlets design.

In an interview with Venturebeat, Eiji Aonuma teased to not just assume Link was the character shown in the trailer and could actually be someone else instead. While he gave no other details, he did smile when the possibility of connections to Wind Waker for the new game was brought up.
“No one explicitly said that that was Link.”
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next