Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here!

+7
Lunacy
Koenig
ColumbianLoom
Bearhugger29
TensePsychopath
LegendX48
-Mazer
11 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here! - Page 7 Empty Re: Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here!

Post by Lunacy Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:12 am

What does the disappointment taste like?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here! - Page 7 Empty Re: Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here!

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:14 am

I AM READING TOO MUCH INTO THIS AND IT'S ONLY BEEN LIKE 5 MINUTES!

"I don't want people to get hung up on the way Link looks because ultimately Link represents the player in the game," he said.

"I don't want to define him so much that it becomes limiting to the players. I want players to focus on other parts of the trailer and not specifically on the character because the character Link represents, again, the player."

Character customization?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:18 am

I sense delicious tears of bitter disappointment.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:18 am

Link has always been a blank slight for players to project on. (the Wind Waker being the slight exception)
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:21 am

Darth Luna wrote:What does the disappointment taste like?
I. TASTE. NOTHING.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:22 am

If I could create mods, I'd create a potion for skyrim called "Legend's tears of bitter disappointment" that refill all stamina, health, and magica.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:24 am

XD

seriously, I ain't disappointed. I dug the idea and possibility but, Links being my favorite character, no tears.

Spoiler:
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:28 am

LegendX48 wrote:XD

seriously, I ain't disappointed. I dug the idea and possibility but, Links being my favorite character, no tears.

Spoiler:
I will grant you that without any contest. I want customization options.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:20 pm

LegendX48 wrote:lol I meant Skyward Impa but okay
Never played it so I couldn't tell.
But Impa in Hyrule Warriors is flat as well!
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:27 pm

I'm not going to lie, it is fun watching everyone who said Link was a girl backtrack on various forums.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Official E3 Thread - Gifs, Predictions, Hopes, Wants, and Fails Go here! - Page 7 B32fiYQ
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Them "tears of bitter disappointment" nourish and empower me.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:08 pm

I AM NOT CRYING111!!!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:45 pm

Lol. This E3 was gud.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Small update was made to the Game Informer article:

Update: In a recent interview, Aonuma said the Link featured in the trailer is not a woman, and that the comments he made about the character's identity weren't meant to be taken seriously.

"It seems like it has kind of taken off where people are saying 'oh it's a female character' and it just kind of grew," he told MMGN. "But my intent in saying that was humour."

Welp, there goes that Neutral
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Still Lol.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:47 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Small update was made to the Game Informer article:

Update: In a recent interview, Aonuma said the Link featured in the trailer is not a woman, and that the comments he made about the character's identity weren't meant to be taken seriously.

"It seems like it has kind of taken off where people are saying 'oh it's a female character' and it just kind of grew," he told MMGN. "But my intent in saying that was humour."

Welp, there goes that Neutral

That's so anti-climatic! I hope they change his character model to make him look more masculine because that trailer doesn't do him any favors. So I guess my first prediction was right, it's Trap Link.

That would have been so cool if we got to play as multiple characters Sad Aonuma you're such a party pooper!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Am I the only one content that it is Link? Everyone else seems to be having trouble accepting that.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Aonuma did drop hints way back that sort of kind of implied some type of co-op but who knows. The main that really sucks is that he's already said that we will not get more info until next E3 :\

Koenig wrote:Am I the only one content that it is Link?  Everyone else seems to be having trouble accepting that.
Of course not. Link is my favorite character so I have no problems. The possibility that we could've had some new playable character maybe related to Link was such a cool idea though :\
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:03 pm

What may I ask would the point of replacing Link with a new main character? Each Zelda game is typically self contained so they re-write Link's personality and backstory without having to introduce a replacement.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:19 pm

No, not replacing Link but an extra playable character in general.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:54 pm

I could see that in the form of side characters, but as the main character? It simply would not be a Zelda game anymore. (Insert the whole breaking the mold discussion here)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Koenig wrote:I could see that in the form of side characters, but as the main character?  It simply would not be a Zelda game anymore.  (Insert the whole breaking the mold discussion here)

yeah if they changed the main character it wouldn't be a Zelda game anymore, Link has been the main guy since the beginning why change him now?
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Watch Dogs, Guillemot said, is still coming to the Wii U this November, but Ubisoft is being much more careful with new projects.

"We did adapt the number of products to the level of quantities that the machine did," he said. "So we will have Just Dance again which is well suited for the machine. We'll have Watch Dogs. We have another couple of products that we are waiting to launch, specifically we have one game that we wait for the machine to be more mass market to launch."

Guillemot declined to say how many Wii U would have to sell to make releasing the games worthwhile.

"We don't have a number," he said. "We need the sales to increase so it becomes more and more mass market then we will have the volume that will justify massive marketing and TV marketing."

Does he think that day will ever come, I asked.

"I hope so," he said. "We have a game that has been done for six months. It's on the shelf, waiting for more families to have the console."

Must Read
Ubisoft at E3 2014: Everything we know, collected in one stream

The decision to freeze completed games, especially coming from Ubisoft, is a stark reminder of the position Nintendo finds itself in this year. It was Ubisoft that has been for years Nintendo's third-party champion. They supported the release of the Wii and its motion controls with Red Steel. When MotionPlus was released, Red Steel 2 came out to support that technology. And the release of Wii U came at the same time as one of the console's better third-party titles: Ubisoft's ZombiU.

But ZombiU didn't sell as well as Ubisoft had hoped, in part because of the low console sales numbers. That franchise now appears to be dead in the water, even for other platforms.

"I think it was so adapted to the Wii U so (bringing it to another platform) would be difficult to do," he said. "Maybe it will come to other platforms, but not as a full game. It was really developed for that type of machine."

Despite how low sales of the Wii U have seemingly impacted Ubisoft, Guillemot remains at least slightly upbeat about the possibility that the Wii U could turn around.

"Nintendo is really coming up with fantastic games," he said. "They could, with the right price and very good games, help the machine start selling."

What if, we asked, the Wii U never hits that point.

"It could never come out," he said. "It could come out on another format... "

So how long is Ubisoft willing to wait, is this the last year the Wii U has to prove itself?

"I think we have to wait for Smash Bros. to come," he said. "Smash Bros has always been a big, big property for Nintendo and for gamers. And we all know that there are lots of Nintendo fans that are waiting for big games to come. We know they are coming. We don't know if they will still be there. I think when I speak with the fans that come to E3 90 percent of them are crazy Nintendo fans. They really love Nintendo and the games they do."
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Koenig wrote:I could see that in the form of side characters, but as the main character?  It simply would not be a Zelda game anymore.  (Insert the whole breaking the mold discussion here)
Link being a girl makes sense and works with the lore though. It's never the same Link, we always play as the descendant and therefore it is easily possible that one of these descendants, or reincarnations, could be female but would still, unquestionably, be Link in spirit and through their actions.

Everyone should glance through some of the neogaf threads if they've got the time to spare.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next