Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Discussion Thread

+6
Lunacy
Squirrel500
Cybersix
TensePsychopath
ColumbianLoom
-Mazer
10 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Movie Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Movie Discussion Thread

Post by -Mazer Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:34 pm

It was so idiotic! It had zero purpose and made zero damn sense. "Oh, gonna lure friends here to get killed to lure out an invisble killer hur dur"

the acting, the visuals - everything sucked monkey hairy balls
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:38 pm

I really liked that Skype call one
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:46 pm

I love the sunglasses one in the first film.

The 2nd's best scene was the cult with the demon at the end. Sadly it was kinda ruined with all the drool/snot coming out of the guy which made it a bit distracting at the end lol
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Undies Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:56 pm

Movie Discussion Thread - Page 6 Inside-Out-Joy-Character-PosterMovie Discussion Thread - Page 6 Inside-Out-Disgust-Character-PosterMovie Discussion Thread - Page 6 Inside-Out-Sadness-Character-PosterMovie Discussion Thread - Page 6 Inside-Out-Fear-Character-PosterMovie Discussion Thread - Page 6 Inside-Out-Anger-Character-Poster
Undies
Undies

Bounty : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:55 pm

As per all (non-sequel outside of Toystory) Pixar movies, very excited to see that one.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Saw The Hobbit.

A meh end to a meh trilogy.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:21 pm

My Top 5 movies of 2014 if anyone cares. (I just wanted to put it somewhere.)

1. Birdman
2. The Grand Budapest Hotel
3. Gone Girl
4. Whiplash
5. Boyhood

Honourable mentions: Nightcrawler, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Lego Movie
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:07 am

I thought Budapest came out in 2013?

anywho, just watched this

Movie Discussion Thread - Page 6 MV5BMjEzMjEzNTIzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTg2MjAyMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_

Movie Discussion Thread - Page 6 18b79f39511f6ae7a40a414de74c5d7d146d9f21e5e36ac7c5e8117b17c6decf

serious answer: I need to watch it again. The whole thing was very erratic and just everywhere yet nowhere.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Watched The Secret of Kells again. I liked it more the 2nd time around but there's a couple things that kinda irked me. There's a few scenes where the film is just too interested in approaching the situation with a "blink and you'll miss it" mentality when these scenes in particular would've benefited greatly from just straight up slowing way the fuck down and breathing rather that continuing on its hyper rapid pace diminishing the gravity of both what's happening and what is being told/shown.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:32 pm

I need to man up and sit down to watch that. It's been on my netflix for ages
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:21 pm

I recommend watching twice or when you're not tired
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:01 pm

Movie Discussion Thread - Page 6 MV5BMjM3Mzk2MDU3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzg1NTI4MDE@._V1_SX214_AL_

Not bad. Exactly what I expected - a decent plot with a lot of over the top action. I enjoyed it.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:07 pm

You should watch Wolf Children :3

It's really good, Mamoru Hosoda's on a fucking roll man lol Three fantastic movie's in a row.

Soon he shall reach god tier
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:11 am

LegendX48 wrote:You should watch Wolf Children :3

It's really good, Mamoru Hosoda's on a fucking roll man lol Three fantastic movie's in a row.

Why no post in the anime thread!? Sad
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:57 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:You should watch Wolf Children :3

Why no post in the anime thread!? Sad
Because...... *runs away*
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Big Eyes

Really good and man, I don't think I've ever seen Christoph Waltz play a decent human being except for maybe his role in Django.

Really good movie and pretty crazy to know that this is all based on real events. Walter Keane's a scummy person.

Only gripe is Amy Adam's hair kinda looks off, like a wig. That, and, if I didn't know any better she kinda slips in and out of her accent but she was great regardless.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat May 23, 2015 11:53 pm

Avengers: Age of Ultron Review/Impressions

Personal rant:
I don't normally really review movies, but I have to say that after becoming a fan of anime, becoming apart of the fandom, desecting shows, trying to find hidden meanings, tell if something is well written, etc. It has most definitely made me think more about movies when I watch them. I've become more critical of them because now I look for things that I look for in anime: good character development, nice plot, decent characters, etc. Back in high school and middle school I used to watch hundreds of movies yearly when I wasn't playing video games since my family had Directv, but I never really thought much about the movies I watched. I mainly judged them from pure enjoyment. However, I'm glad I watched so many because I'm now very well versed in the realm of Hollywood movies, just like I am with anime now (I still have more to see and learn though).

With that said, I can still enjoy a movie without getting extremely analytical and tear it apart. Just like I do with some animes, I don't think it's good to be overly critical because it takes away from the fun.

Actual Review:
The movie overall was definitely fun. Lot's of action, some good dialog, great CGI, and the Avenger cast is top notch. My brother pointed it out to me before I went into the movie that was a lot of one-liners, and jeez, he was right. Some of them were pretty funny, but at the same time it seemed like it got in the way of normal conversations because everyone was trying to make jokes! Lol!

Unlike the first movie, I thought this movie was just trying to do much. There was too many characters getting introduced, too many events going on, too many subplots, too much info in general; it was just hectic! I think they should have gone with the approach of the first movie and try to have everything a bit more focused, but the way they handled things was messy. I just thought it dipped its toes into too many realms.

Also the new lifeform guy was pretty cool, but we didn't really learn much about him. Though, by far the worst part of the movie was Ultron. I thought he got his knowledge, resources, and power way too fast. He was basically evil from the moment he was born, his personality never developed from anything, he just wanted to get back at the Avengers and make a "perfect" world. Ya, he saw all the horrors from the internet, but he developed his conclusion way too soon. I don't know how he was like in the comic books, but he just seemed like a rebellious kid trying to get back at daddy. I just thought he was a terrible villain with a strange personality that was very moody.

Also is Veronica going to replace the other computer guy?  I can't remember his name, but he's so awesome! I don't want him to go!

I did like the Hulk x Black Widow romance subplot, but just like a lot of things from the movie it felt rushed. Hulk still doesn't trust himself or have the confidence to be with Black Widow, I thought it was sad that he hid away.

Also I hated the two new superheroes. The speedy guy wasn't too special and just seemed like a Flash wannabe, and then the girl was just way too OP. What the fuck is her powers? Telekinesis and mind manipulation? Also they were genetic experiments, but could match the Avengers? I don't know, I call bullshit. Also they were so boring too. I was hoping that girl got killed, but now she's an Avenger.... oh god.

Speaking of them, I have questions for the comic book people: Were the twins, the lifeform thing, and the black guy with the wings at the end, all cannon characters or are they original?

Anyways, I'd give it a 6/10. Fun, explosive, but just too messy. I liked the first one way more. Also I'm not sure how I'll like this new cast of Avengers, the core team is still the best. The new guys are just posers. Bring us Spiderman already!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun May 24, 2015 12:51 am

The twins, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, are X-Men characters (Magneto's kids no less) but due to Fox owning the film rights to that they had to change nearly everything about them. Quicksilver is a speedster and Scarlet Witch's powers are kind of vague, she can manipulate probabilities but can also do very strange things (look up House of M if you want OR TL;DR version: she depowered 99% of the mutant population in an emotional outburst to save her brother thus endangering the mutant race and reducing their numbers to a mere 200 across the world). Also, the black guy with wings is Falcon, you should check out Captain America The Winter Soldier, it made Falcon cool and is also just a legit awesome movie. The robot that Ultron created is The Vision. All of them are cannon characters with some changes for various reasons (improvements, avoiding legal issues for trying to use their own property, etc.).

Anywho, Ultron.... you know what, fuck it. ULTRON WAS BUTCHERED JUST LIKE THE MANDARIN IN IRON MAN 3. Ultron is a cold, emotionless machine who operates on pure logic and is created by Hank Pym (the original Ant-Man before he passed the mantle down to Scott Lang) as a sort of thing to help rehabilitate and protect. Ultron's own mind and such is based on Hank Pym's but eventually becomes sentient and, after years of studying the chaos of man, comes to the conclusion that the only way to achieve Hank Pym's ideal world is by removing the human race altogether. Ultron creates Vision initially as kind of a minion, or second in command (?) to help him in his mission but Vision also is sentient and eventually turns against Ultron after seeing/experiencing the world and it's heroes. The one thing the film seemed to do properly was the final scene with the final Ultron bot and Vision so, there's that. Also, the movie didn't really show it much but Vision can phase through stuff.

ALSO keep in mind that the movie was supposed to be over 3 hours long so a lot was cut out and an extended version (blu-ray) is coming. So, anything regarding how it may have felt kind of messy is more than likely due to how much of the movie was simply cut out.

ONE MORE THING!!!! I recommend watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Netflix, it handled Ultron perfectly and is one of the best comic cartoons you will ever see next to The Spectacular Spider-Man and Batman The Animated Series.

Edit: Nearly everything I said, and know, is based on the show. Watch it, it's good!!!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun May 24, 2015 1:10 am

Like Legend said, those characters are all canon and Scarlet Witch is actually by far one of the most powerful characters in all of Marvel and pretty much the most powerful Avenger ever. Initially her powers were just like magic, but based on manipulating probability and "making things happen." Eventually it was revealed that she has the power to alter reality, House of M, though. She's essentially a god, in a sense.

I heard a lot of Thor's storyline in the movie was cut out from the theatrical release, so that's one thing we should look forward to the home release.

As for Ultron, there's also the fact that he's supposed to have an Oedipus complex towards Janet Van Dyne, aka Wasp. She, being the wife of his creator/father, Hank Pym is one of the reasons he wanted to kill Hank so much. He not only made the Vision as his subordinate, but I think initially referred to him as his "son." Even more fucked up is that he eventually made an android copy of Janet, named "Jocasta" as his wife. If you look carefully in the movie, when Tony is choosing a new AI, and eventually settles on Veronica, you can see Jocasta listed.

Frankly, I find the comic version much more interesting just out of the fact that he's a genocidal machine with an Oedipus complex.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun May 24, 2015 1:35 am

Thank you guys for clarifying on so many things! I've looked up some stuff and have a better understanding now. Also CR peeps helped me as well, so it makes sense! I'll definitely watch the BD version (hopefully it comes to Netflix)

Jeez, I didn't know Ant Man was such a genius. It made much more sense that Ultron was made by him and studied the human race for years and wanted to fulfill Ant Man's ideal, but the only way he knew how to do it was by annihilating the human race. I didn't like how Stark made him.... Also he sounded a lot more awesome in the comic books, I didn't like his strange personality in the movie.

And ya, I still gotta watch Winter Solider and Thor 2. And it even seems like the ending followed the comic book a bit since all the core members of the Avengers go on a leave of absence in the comic book, while Captain America has to train all the new members, just like the end of the movie.

And reading up on Scarlet Witch, I have to say that she sounds pretty badass! Just too bad her backstory wasn't as cool as the comic books. Also it seems like a romantic development happens between Vision and Scarlet Witch, that should be interesting. I also liked how Vision was first a pawn of Ultron and was like him at the base, but came to a different conclusion on how to uphold Ant Man's ideal and was inspired by the Earth's heroes.

Also with Spiderman joining the fun soon, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is just going to keep on getting better.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun May 24, 2015 2:28 am

I wonder how Spider man is gonna be integrated. He's such a big deal when it comes to popularity, but as far as impacting things story wise, he's a "street" level hero first. Not until later does he become more important and involved. That's why I feel like it's a shame that he was introduced sooner, since I feel like he's gonna be introduced into the MCU, then quickly and suddenly shoehorned into a leading role.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun May 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Hopefully he has more than a simple cameo role in Civil War, he was in the comic quite a bit from what I recall. Also, hopefully they make it good, didn't like the comic much.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun May 24, 2015 2:08 pm

It wouldn't make sense for him to have the same level of involvement in Civil War. Hell, he doesn't even have a full movie yet. I think that they (Marvel) are busting out the Civil War storyline way too early. We need more heroes first. Maybe once Spidey had his movie going and all the Netflix shows had been going for a season or so, and I would assume they'd also introduce more heroes there, they could have done the story better and as an Avengers movie to boot.
Then again, I think they're just using the name Civil War, I feel like the story of it is not gonna be all that related to the comics. If anything, it'll probably more similar to the Avengers Disassembled storyline.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun May 24, 2015 2:18 pm

It's funny that you mention that there's not enough heroes (I also agree with that there isn't enough) but people on Neogaf, for example, have been bitching up storms about how bloated the movie is because there's so many characters in it right now. All in all it does feel a tad too soon for that story to be told.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun May 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Yeah, not to mention that one of the main causes of the civil war was the whole issue of revealing one's secret identity. So far, nobody, outside of Daredevil, has a secret identity. The Avengers were already working for the government before (through shield), so it's not like having the Avengers become under the government again would be something totally uncalled for and new.
I await to hear more details on how and why there's gonna be a civil war.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next