Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

+10
Bearhugger29
Slainwolff
smirkytrick
Cybersix
-Insanity-
Justin
ColumbianLoom
LegendX48
-Mazer
Koenig
14 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

Post by LegendX48 Fri May 30, 2014 3:27 pm

was thinking of making a general "Day one impressions" thread but decided not to. So, in light of that, I'll just post this here:

My Mario Kart 8 impressions:

Game is fucking gorgeous. The tracks are fun and get progressively tougher. The motion controls combined with good handling carts/bikes are damn good (the wii wheel is fun :p) and standard controls are fine too. Did I mention the game's gorgeous because if I didn't: The game is fucking gorgeous and the music is superb.

Only thing I don't like is that there is no options menu. Also, fuck the blue shell, fuck it with a rusty fork in its ass!!!! And the game absolutely refuses to let me keep 1st place in the final seconds of every final race in 100cc ;-;
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

Post by -Mazer Sat May 31, 2014 10:45 pm

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:54 pm

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Mortal Kombat 10 announced as a cross gen game Really?

The PS3 & 360 both need to fuck off and die. Enough of this cross gen shit, this will sound very dickish but fuck it, the consoles that matter are out and need genuine support, not this half assed shit. In that light I could bring up the Wii U but that seems more like opening up old wounds more than anything.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Now, that aside, I really, REALLY hope Nether Realm got better character designers or something for 10, the character models in MK9 and Injustice were abominations . Well, the female characters anyway (Raven in particular was completely destroyed, her voice especially).

edit:
Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilise the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,

I really hope that means that last gen trash wasn't lead platform(s).
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Seeing how the PS4 and Xbone are not even a year old yet. Yeah makes sense for alot of games to be cross gen. NOT everyone has a next gen system. Plus you wouldn't be saying that if the PS4 wasn't in your house. Besides Legend, you have a PC and MK10 is coming out for PC so wtf is the deal.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:Seeing how the PS4 and Xbone are not even a year old yet. Yeah makes sense for alot of games to be cross gen. NOT everyone has a next gen system.
Tough.

Plus you wouldn't be saying that if the PS4 wasn't in your house. Besides Legend, you have a PC and MK10 is coming out for PC so wtf is the deal.
Funny thing is that I would be. The PS4 isn't mine and I rarely get to use it as it is.

Don't have a current gen console? Then save up and get one. I plan to do the same so I can get my own PS4.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Support for last gen systems needs less focus. New consoles are out, and people need a better incentive to get the new consoles other than "better graphics"
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm sorry legend but when did gaming become something restricted to only those with the newest consoles? That is a seriously elitist mentality you are getting. Wth?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Building for the lowest common denominator halts progression. The last gen machines have been on life support since 2011 and it's time to pull the plug on them completely and absolutely.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:31 pm

And completely isolate every gamer who yet has a current gen system? If they all were backwards compat, I could agree but people who cannot play their PS3 or 360 games on new consoles should not be forced to get new consoles if they want to keep playing games.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:46 pm

Then why bother coming out with new consoles in general? Why did Nintendo come out with the SNES if the NES was just fine? Why not just have super metroid and ALTTP on NES instead at that point? They needed to move forward (and compete). I get that this sort of thing happens with every gen transition but after seeing what launch games have achieved (at least on the visual front) I'm hankering for current gen only games. That and the ps3/360 have been grossly outdated and maxed out for half a decade already.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:55 pm

And the Wii U was maxed out before it's release. lolz
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:34 pm

You do realize that almost ever console since the start kept releasing games for their previous versions well into the life cycle of their next system right Really?; And it never once hindered the dev of the next cycle of games.

You are getting blinded by flashy lights and HD colors, dude. Seriously, while I would like to see exclusive NG games I know it won't happen for another year for them to become norm. You should expect this.

This is why early adopting is such a terrible thing. People get impatient.

Why should people be denied new games for the PS3 or the 360?

That's like telling people that DVDs should no longer exist just because Blu-rays are out. Screw those who cannot get a Blu-ray player! Too bad for you!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:51 am

-Mazer wrote:You do realize that almost ever console since the start kept releasing games for their previous versions well into the life cycle of their next system right - _ -; And it never once hindered the dev of the next cycle of games.
I acknowledged that in my post.

You are getting blinded by flashy lights and HD colors, dude. Seriously, while I would like to see exclusive NG games I know it won't happen for another year for them to become norm. You should expect this.
I'm not being blinded by anything. Seeing a console be able to actually go toe to toe with a high powered pc is simply both breath taking and absolutely insane. It's to an extent where I want current gen only games to become the norm sooner rather than later. Besides, we've hit a point where all ps3/360 collectively look horrible.

This is why early adopting is such a terrible thing. People get impatient.

That's right, why should I need a gamecube for Wind Waker and RE4 when they could just put it on N64 instead. Gaming isn't a static medium, it's one that needs room to grow and to keep moving forward.

That's like telling people that DVDs should no longer exist just because Blu-rays are out. Screw those who cannot get a Blu-ray player! Too bad for you!
This literally sounds just like the amazon uk reviews filled with people complaining how the 3DS game they purchased cannot be played on a DS and how "new systems" are absolutely nothing but scams.

Spoiler:
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:59 am

Everything you guys are saying boils down to "Why do you want/why bother with console X when console y still works just fine?" Nothing but ignorant parent jargon.

xXJus10Xx wrote:And the Wii U was maxed out before it's release. lolz
The Wii U is an anomaly. It was and wasn't at the same time.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:07 am

LegendX48 wrote:

That's right, why should I need a gamecube for Wind Waker and RE4 when they could just put it on N64 instead. Gaming isn't a static medium, it's one that needs room to grow and to keep moving forward.[/quote]

It does grow. But at a specific pace. You are being not only impatient but greedy by wanting other people to stop getting games just to have your own high expectations met. Technology evolves but it rarely forces everyone of the previous generation to completely and utterly stop and force to get an upgrade.

I am not disagreeing we need more current gen only games. I am disagreeing with your elitist attitude of f*ck people, force them to get a system or let them suffer.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:14 am

-Mazer wrote:
I am not disagreeing we need more current gen only games. I am disagreeing with your elitist attitude of f*ck people, force them to get a system or let them suffer.
That's how it's always been though...

For me anyway, decent bit of suffering growing up with consoles.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:24 am

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
That's how it's always been though...

For me anyway, decent bit of suffering growing up with consoles.

It's a bitter attitude to have towards other gamers Razz
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:59 am

Explain to me this Legend. Since Last Of Us is coming to PS4 making it now a cross gen game. Yet your buying it. Doesn't that make your point completely mute. If you use the whole graphics term on me then your logic still fails since Watch Dogs have better graphics then the PS360 version.

Last edited by Bearhugger29 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:19 am

I cancelled my preorder for Arkham Knight so my siblings could have a Wii U. And I'm a bad brother for forgetting to buy soda.
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:15 am

Sorry Legend it had to be done.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:02 am

All this talk about "next-gen" games got me thinking. What the hell does "next-gen" game even mean? Other than graphics, the only thing I can even think of is bigger open worlds. In inFamous Second Son, there's absolutely nothing other than visuals that justifies it being next-gen. Same with Watch Dogs.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:14 am

Graphics have nothing to do with what a Generation means. The meaning lost its meaning at the beginning of last gen. Yet the Wii proved that's NOT what a Generation means. Next Gen is define by TIME. Back in the day, the NES was out for 5 years, SNES was out for 5 years, N64 5 years, GC, 5 years I think, the Wii 6 years, and now who knows. Its all about the time frame when a Generation comes out.

As I said, Graphics have nothing on it. Only the graphics whores would think that. Same can be said about the whole Casual VS Hardcore debate.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:Explain to me this Legend. Since Last Of Us is coming to PS4 making it now a cross gen game. Yet your buying it. Doesn't that make your point completely mute. If you use the whole graphics term on me then your logic still fails since Watch Dogs have better graphics then the PS360 version.
so game c is being up ported and I'm getting it thus my entire argument for new multiplats being current gen only is rendered completely void? Makes about as much sense as a meatball eating a carrot while riding a wagon onto the moon.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next